Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-26-2017, 07:03 AM
Total Fan

^ Yeap!
Old 02-26-2017, 09:11 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville fan (View Post)
^ I also tried to take my time and answer the questions with much thought and care. I really appreciate the opportunity to say what's on my mind. Hope they will at least pay attention to the comments and not dismiss everything we are saying.
I really hope so. I actually said that in the survey. I hope they're not going to dismiss what we're saying just because they don't want to make changes to those specific things.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:17 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'm sure a lot of it will depend on how many people chose to respond to the survey and the number of people who said any similar things. I have seen lots of people say they will still watch the show and have positive things to say about the future, so who knows?

I responded and tried to be as thoughtful as I could be. That's all we can do, I suppose.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:25 AM
Master Fan

At the very least CMT seems concerned that they may have shot themselves in the foot with this episode. They gambled that people would be willing to watch years of Nashville without Rayna and are now afraid they guessed wrong
Sarah [youtube]
Old 02-26-2017, 10:31 AM
Master Fan

I would really like to know what CMT would consider a deal breaker for ratings. at the very least I hope they don't end this at a weird point in the middle of a season
Old 02-26-2017, 10:40 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp10ah (View Post)
I would really like to know what CMT would consider a deal breaker for ratings. at the very least I hope they don't end this at a weird point in the middle of a season
I'm sure that won't happen. They spent a lot of money. Depending on when they come back from hiatus all or nearly all the episodes will be filmed. They don't have options that will get higher ratings. They'll air this season.

But I'm sure they're starting to think about whether a S6 is worth it to them. And they're now afraid that they turned off too many fans for that to be the case and they devastated fans for nothing
Sarah [youtube]
Old 02-26-2017, 10:48 AM
Loyal Fan

They should have spent the first 9 episodes building up other storylines that would have given people a possible reason to keep watching even though Rayna was gone. You were going to have a large contingent leaving regardless, but if the show had become this high-quality work of art they promised, there might have been some salvaged who would keep watching for the other characters and Deacon. I'm not even one who needs Rayna on the show to keep watching, but they've given me next to nothing to look forward to. So for people who were watching solely for Deyna, why would they continue at all? The rest of the show is in shambles. I don't think they could have planned or handled this worse than they did.

CMT invested a lot in this show. Maybe they give it a short Season 6 simply because I'm sure they didn't plan to only have 1 season of the show and then quit. But I don't see the audience doing anything but get smaller, not just because Rayna left, but because the rest of the show is terrible.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:49 AM
Extreme Fan

They definitely are wanting to know what we think.

After thinking about it, the worst part for me is how they handled the last months of Rayna's life. I don't understand the decision to push forward with this stalker storyline when they knew Rayna was going to die. Why didn't they allow her to have at least one last performance with Deacon? It didn't have to be an arena show. They could have sang one last time at the Bluebird, trying out a song from their new album, and that would have been a very nice way to bring them full circle. Instead, her last performance is forever and ever one where people paid her no mind.

For me, this is exactly why I probably won't be watching much longer. They pushed this story because they wanted to. Regardless of what impact it would have on the character's legacy. I don't believe they respect these characters. There is no respect for Gunnar and Scarlett's history so it's easy to just rewrite it as though it never happened. They claim to want to show deep family connections between these people and yet Glenn has not been seen since 501 and there's just no way he wouldn't have been there for Juliette. I think they love Maddie because she is largely a character that they can create the way they want her to be. They enjoy writing teenage angst so whether it's good for the show or not, they want to expand on her life and her drama.

I do not trust these writers. I do not think they respect what we've been given with these characters for 4 seasons.

I think differently of CMT, who has poured money and all kinds of promotion into this show. I'm 100% sure they want it to continue and were relying on Ed, Marshall and Callie to write Rayna out in a way that would keep viewers and maybe even gain more. They did the exact opposite of that.

Last edited by soup333; 02-26-2017 at 10:55 AM
Old 02-26-2017, 10:54 AM
Master Fan

I do feel for CMT because you know they were so excited and maybe now they're doubting it
Old 02-26-2017, 11:05 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup333 (View Post)
After thinking about it, the worst part for me is how they handled the last months of Rayna's life. I don't understand the decision to push forward with this stalker storyline when they knew Rayna was going to die. Why didn't they allow her to have at least one last performance with Deacon? It didn't have to be an arena show. They could have sang one last time at the Bluebird, trying out a song from their new album, and that would have been a very nice way to bring them full circle. Instead, her last performance is forever and ever one where people paid her no mind.
The more I think about this the more pissed off I get at how they handled this. But Marshall was so set on that long confrontation/hostage scene at the end of 508 that he wasn't willing to drop the story to give Rayna a better ending. We could have had half a season of DR focused on writing their album but we really only got one episode of that and a whole lot of angst over a stalker.

Or if he was so determined to do the stalker thing, then he shouldn't have also been determined to wrap up Rayna's story by midseason. It feels like such a punch in the gut that we barely got the show back and now Rayna's dead. They could have spread her story further into the season, given the show more of a chance to get its footing on CMT. But no, let's have half a season of what life after Rayna looks like. That sounds like a plan

And Connie said on Ellen that she had three more songs to record, presumably we'll hear some of the album DR were working on. But I'm so pissed that we'll get more songs from Rayna this season in the episodes after she's dead than we did when she was alive.
Sarah [youtube]
Old 02-26-2017, 11:12 AM
New Fan

Do anyone know if it's a gaureentee there will be a season six?
Old 02-26-2017, 11:21 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cclark (View Post)
Do anyone know if it's a gaureentee there will be a season six?
It hasn't been picked up for another season yet. I'm sure when they picked it up they were hoping for many seasons. But judging by the survey they're waiting to see what the fallout from last episode is before they make any decisions.

Because yes it's currently doing better than their other shows but it's likely more expensive too.
Sarah [youtube]
Old 02-26-2017, 11:37 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapbubbles511 (View Post)
It hasn't been picked up for another season yet. I'm sure when they picked it up they were hoping for many seasons. But judging by the survey they're waiting to see what the fallout from last episode is before they make any decisions.

Because yes it's currently doing better than their other shows but it's likely more expensive too.
Oh OK I though killing her off meant there wasn't going to be a season six. It will be heard getting through the remainder of season five. I don't know how season six will be.... If there is one.
Old 02-26-2017, 11:44 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cclark (View Post)
Oh OK I though killing her off meant there wasn't going to be a season six. It will be heard getting through the remainder of season five. I don't know how season six will be.... If there is one.
Presumably they killed her because they assumed there would be a S6 (and possibly beyond) and they couldn't explain Rayna being alive but offscreen for that long. They seem to be questioning that assumption at this point
Sarah [youtube]
Old 02-26-2017, 11:50 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapbubbles511 (View Post)
Presumably they killed her because they assumed there would be a S6 (and possibly beyond) and they couldn't explain Rayna being alive but offscreen for that long. They seem to be questioning that assumption at this point
Gottha that actually makes more sense, especially if they know she is gaureentee not returning at all.