Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-17-2017, 02:39 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by livexitxupx18 (View Post)
Is Connie leaving Nashville? No....noooooo

Connie Britton Leaving ‘Nashville’ in Season 5 — Rayna Exiting | TVLine

I HOPE this isn't true cause this will crush us, Rayna has been through enough as it is. There is going to be alot of crying next week. I am not ready
If Connie were leaving this Season, why would she have made a point, to say she was in, for the duration? She could have said nothing or, many ways to be noncommittal.

The summary of the Episode, says, after surviving a life changing event, she scrambles to write with Deacon. Maybe flooded with all kinds of feelings she's really needed to get them out. So, it sounds like, maybe her injuries aren't that serious. I can also see this accident bringing back feelings from Rayna's previous accident, that they all have to deal with.

Then, there's the summary for the following episode, where a legal problem, could separate the family! Teddy, is supposedly back in that episode. Is he out, or, getting out of prison?
I can see Teddy feeling he's missing out on his Daughters lives, and wanting to have Daphne live with him, or, at least share custody. He and Deacon are certainly not fans of each other!
If that's the case, there could be some legal,drama, alrighty!
Old 02-17-2017, 02:48 PM
Dedicated Fan

I think they wanted the misdirection hence the Ellen interview. There were too many rumours swirling around before the show aired properly and they needed people to believe she was staying to raise some optimism ahead of the season's start.
Old 02-17-2017, 03:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjou (View Post)
I think they wanted the misdirection hence the Ellen interview. There were too many rumours swirling around before the show aired properly and they needed people to believe she was staying to raise some optimism ahead of the season's start.
And that's something I don't get, because when lead leaves some heads up is given most of time, but not telling details of course.

Though I think saying duration, can mean other things also. What I wonder most is that NyTimes article and comment Not sure honestly. When asked is this her last season andf they filmed ep9:that week... And this week on Aol article was that she couldn't contemblate where Rayna is when show ends, but leaves that to writers. Though that could be taken ambiguous too. But that NyTimes one makes me wonder plus changing more noncomitted commernts to more definite on that point...

I`m not blaming Connie though, cause New Ew article makes it clear that New showrunners wants us to be wreck...
Old 02-17-2017, 11:12 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycats (View Post)

The summary of the Episode, says, after surviving a life changing event, she scrambles to write with Deacon. Maybe flooded with all kinds of feelings she's really needed to get them out. So, it sounds like, maybe her injuries aren't that serious. I can also see this accident bringing back feelings from Rayna's previous accident, that they all have to deal with.
Maybe they're pulling a Beverly dying repeat (which would go along with the repeated car accident) where they wake her up for a short time only to have her die of internal bleeding or something at the end of the next episode.
Old 02-17-2017, 11:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFan221 (View Post)
Maybe they're pulling a Beverly dying repeat (which would go along with the repeated car accident) where they wake her up for a short time only to have her die of internal bleeding or something at the end of the next episode.
Which would also basically be what they did to us this episode... make us think something really bad is going to happen... let us believe it'll be ok for a minute... then nope, jk something terrible is going to happen
Sarah [youtube]
Old 02-17-2017, 11:21 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapbubbles511 (View Post)
Which would also basically be what they did to us this episode... make us think something really bad is going to happen... let us believe it'll be ok for a minute... then nope, jk something terrible is going to happen
I don't know, regardless of whether Connie is leaving or not, I'm not so impressed with how these writers have handled it.
Old 02-19-2017, 09:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

I thought I saw this article posted here, but I couldn't find it: https://parade.com/546303/rachelwein...ing-nashville/

She mentions the rumors of her leaving being "fun" and it made me wonder - she has to be aware of what the fan reaction was going to be and she still said it was "fun"? She doesn't strike me as a mean person, so why would she put it this way?
Old 02-19-2017, 10:10 AM
Dedicated Fan

I don't think she's mean, but I don't get the impression she really reads what people tweet or put on her insta comments. She probably wouldn't be affected by a Nashie meltdown. The other cast members interact more and have more invested in that side of it. She credits the fans for bringing the show back, but that's the CMT party line, I don't think she was thrilled it was saved it the first place lol.
Old 02-19-2017, 10:25 AM
Part-Time Fan

Well, I thought, from the beginning, that she was relieved when the show was cancelled and never seemed really enthusiastic about the return, in spite of anything she said at the time. So she's just oblivious to what fans are saying? She's aware of the rumors but that's it? I guess you could be right.
Old 02-19-2017, 10:28 AM
Master Fan

They're really promoting Sunshine records now.... Maybe that's why Nashville has no music because they've used all the good songs on their greener pasture
Old 02-19-2017, 10:33 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah I don't think she cares really, so saying the rumours are 'fun' probably wasn't intentionally mean but I don't think her fans being upset really bothers her too much. The only thing I'm upset about as a Connie fan is all the lies and misdirection. It's extremely and annoying and tiresome. As is the thought that her next role will just be in some Ryan Murphy effort anyway which zzzzzzzzz
Old 02-19-2017, 10:42 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville615 (View Post)
Well, I thought, from the beginning, that she was relieved when the show was cancelled and never seemed really enthusiastic about the return, in spite of anything she said at the time. So she's just oblivious to what fans are saying? She's aware of the rumors but that's it? I guess you could be right.
I don`t know, she seemed really enthusiuastic about New showrunners. Though after seeing what they really did it might have been same to her as for fans who waited a lot based on Ed and Marshall `s resume.
Old 02-20-2017, 09:19 AM
Master Fan

Is there any way to vote for Ed and Marshall to get nominated for the Razzies in the categories "Worst Screenplay" and "Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-off or Sequel".
By now they'd so deserve this in my opinion.

Icon by Me
Old 02-20-2017, 04:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville615 (View Post)
I thought I saw this article posted here, but I couldn't find it: https://parade.com/546303/rachelwein...ing-nashville/

She mentions the rumors of her leaving being "fun" and it made me wonder - she has to be aware of what the fan reaction was going to be and she still said it was "fun"? She doesn't strike me as a mean person, so why would she put it this way?
You know, I think sometimes actors just view their work from a completely different realm and perspective than fans. They may realize that fans get emotionally invested in the shows, but I don't think sometimes they realize HOW invested the fans are. So I'm witnessing a lot of angst and people upset this week wondering what's happening to Rayna, and Connie is probably just disconnected from that a little because it's her job and she might not understand the fan's viewpoint all that well. I doubt she reads much social media chatter. And I think many actors are probably like that. They may try to relate to the fans, but they are viewing the show and their work completely differently than we are. I don't think she's intentionally being insensitive or mean, she just doesn't see it the same way the fans do.
Old 02-20-2017, 04:42 PM
Loyal Fan

^I agree with that. I've seen actors talk about their favorite scenes, and the reasons they pick them have nothing to do with the actual scene but rather with how nice the weather was that day or that they got to drive a dune buggy or something else unrelated to the ep.

I think when actors think of a show, they think of all this behind the scenes stuff and how the schedule impacts their life or how annoying a coworker is or whatever. But with fans, we often only think of the characters and storylines, so are we much more immersed in the world of the show than the actors ever could be.