Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2017, 10:58 PM
  #1
Master Fan

 
jbshmdfb's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 24,234
Nashville News | Promo | Speculations Thread #19: We are getting closer to mid season finale and we still have a lot of news to come.

Welcome to the

News | Promo | Speculation

thread!


#19




*Reminder: No Actual Spoilers in this Thread! Just Speculation and Promo talk!



previous threads;
#1; #2; #3; #4; #5;
#6; #7; #8; #9 #10
#11; #12 #13#14 #15
#16; #17; #18
jbshmdfb is offline  
Old 02-13-2017, 06:25 AM
  #2
Dedicated Fan
 
IceTear1's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 623
Thanks for new thread. As for survey might have mentioned how keeping Rayna around would decide how I feel about this season Plus giving my points to deyna and javery as best characters.
IceTear1 is offline  
Old 02-13-2017, 09:30 AM
  #3
Extreme Fan
 
soup333's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,220
I definitely told them about Maddie and how they need to quit trying to see this S/G/D stuff as some sort of Scarlett empowerment love awakening - whatever. It's horrible.

And I have to say it really trips me out that not a single person has said we're being unfair to Lennon by wanting less Maddie. So this just goes to prove that all that time we were complaining about Layla and people were saying we hated Aubrey - they were full of...

They knew damn well we were separating the actress from the role. Just wanted to criticize because we didn't worship AP's feet. I also put in my survey that one of the best decisions they ever made was not bringing Layla back and how thankful I am for that.
soup333 is offline  
Old 02-13-2017, 09:38 AM
  #4
Loyal Fan
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,110
People are generally very good about not saying anything about Lennon and just saying that they don't like Maddie. I try to be careful about that especially since she's so young. And I try to blame the writers as much as I can for Maddie.
Crystal222 is offline  
Old 02-13-2017, 09:38 AM
  #5
Master Fan

 
Jp10ah's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by soup333 (View Post)
I definitely told them about Maddie and how they need to quit trying to see this S/G/D stuff as some sort of Scarlett empowerment love awakening - whatever. It's horrible.

And I have to say it really trips me out that not a single person has said we're being unfair to Lennon by wanting less Maddie. So this just goes to prove that all that time we were complaining about Layla and people were saying we hated Aubrey - they were full of...

They knew damn well we were separating the actress from the role. Just wanted to criticize because we didn't worship AP's feet. I also put in my survey that one of the best decisions they ever made was not bringing Layla back and how thankful I am for that.
Hopefully they read all these surveys. I said the same thing. Maddie is definitely too much. We don't need to see Daphne's love life. The balance of characters is off, if you have to wait 2 weeks for a story to resume you're going to lose interest. I think they just need to use all the characters but bring 2-4 to the forefront and the rest in the background and then switch every episode
__________________
307
Jp10ah is offline  
Old 02-13-2017, 09:52 AM
  #6
Extreme Fan
 
soup333's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp10ah (View Post)
Hopefully they read all these surveys. I said the same thing. Maddie is definitely too much. We don't need to see Daphne's love life. The balance of characters is off, if you have to wait 2 weeks for a story to resume you're going to lose interest. I think they just need to use all the characters but bring 2-4 to the forefront and the rest in the background and then switch every episode
Yes, I also said there is a way they can juggle these characters (go deep as they put it) and still give us hints of the rest of them. That's all I need. I can sit through an episode of S/G and Will having the spotlight if we get a scene or two of R/D and Javery - BUT I need to know that they're going to get their turn as well and the next week is not going to be R/D and Maddie and Javery's on the backburner AGAIN.

Who knows what they can even fix at this point. Or what they're willing to.

As far as Maddie, my point is that we were criticized constantly - INCESSANTLY - for saying how horrible of a character Layla was. Maddie is in the same boat and yet it's so funny to me how no one is in disagreement about this...hmm. I wouldn't want Lennon's feelings to be hurt because the damage done to her character was out of her control. It's a plain fact that she doesn't have the experience to be a lead actress. Same with AP, despite what she may believe.

These writers aren't to blame for Maddie being trashed last season but they are to blame for not writing her a proper redemption. They needed to take a low and slow approach. Not 505...and 506 and 507.

I forgot all about Daphne's love life! May have to do another...
soup333 is offline  
Old 02-13-2017, 10:26 AM
  #7
Dedicated Fan
 
Lily2003's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 847
I did the survey yesterday and said pretty much the same things as the rest of you. In a nutshell: D/R are perfect. More J/A and less Maddie. Bring back Kevin for Will. Fix the hot mess that is S/G. Haillee and Clay are good additions but Zach has to go. WTH is Glenn and Noel???

I had more details of course but I won't bore you with them. I've already said my peace on here multiple times. Let's hope the show runners will listen to the feedback and it isn't just a way to placate us without really doing anything.

For my top four characters, I went with Will, Juliette, Avery and Deacon.
Lily2003 is offline  
Old 02-13-2017, 10:46 AM
  #8
Master Fan

 
soapbubbles511's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 12,428
__________________
Cause time is the worst kind of friend
Always there till you need it, then gone in the end
Oh but love is stronger than it, love is stronger than it
Sarah [youtube]
soapbubbles511 is offline  
Old 02-13-2017, 10:56 AM
  #9
Master Fan

 
jbshmdfb's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 24,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by soup333 (View Post)
Yes, I also said there is a way they can juggle these characters (go deep as they put it) and still give us hints of the rest of them. That's all I need. I can sit through an episode of S/G and Will having the spotlight if we get a scene or two of R/D and Javery - BUT I need to know that they're going to get their turn as well and the next week is not going to be R/D and Maddie and Javery's on the backburner AGAIN.

Who knows what they can even fix at this point. Or what they're willing to.

As far as Maddie, my point is that we were criticized constantly - INCESSANTLY - for saying how horrible of a character Layla was. Maddie is in the same boat and yet it's so funny to me how no one is in disagreement about this...hmm. I wouldn't want Lennon's feelings to be hurt because the damage done to her character was out of her control. It's a plain fact that she doesn't have the experience to be a lead actress. Same with AP, despite what she may believe.

These writers aren't to blame for Maddie being trashed last season but they are to blame for not writing her a proper redemption. They needed to take a low and slow approach. Not 505...and 506 and 507.

I forgot all about Daphne's love life! May have to do another...

We sure were. I included in my survey how talented Lennon is as a singer and such but that Maddie's airtime is too much and that Nashville isn't a teen show. That we don't need her or more teen characters taking all the airtime from the adults we are all invested in. As for Aubrey and Layla, while most hated Layla for Layla, I have never hidden the fact I always thought Layla could have been a better character played by a different actress. And Aubrey's tweets then made me dislike Aubrey for Aubrey.

As for Clay, Hallie and Zach, I sorta disagree with Lily. Clay is a decent singer and I did mention that on his own away from Maddie he would be an interesting character but both Zach and Hallie fail characters to me. Hallie is wayyyy too perfect. And it's usually those character that after awhile turn around and become either pushovers or judgy like Scarlett for example.
jbshmdfb is offline  
Old 02-13-2017, 11:12 AM
  #10
Extreme Fan
 
soup333's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
As for Aubrey and Layla, while most hated Layla for Layla, I have never hidden the fact I always thought Layla could have been a better character played by a different actress. And Aubrey's tweets then made me dislike Aubrey for Aubrey.

As for Clay, Hallie and Zach, I sorta disagree with Lily. Clay is a decent singer and I did mention that on his own away from Maddie he would be an interesting character but both Zach and Hallie fail characters to me. Hallie is wayyyy too perfect. And it's usually those character that after awhile turn around and become either pushovers or judgy like Scarlett for example.
She was a weak actress. But even saying that wasn't meant to hurt AP's ittle baby feewings which is how people made it seem. And after the text thing I felt the same way about her. There are plenty of actresses who I don't like for one reason or another.

Anyway, that's old news. And I am grateful she's not around. I find Maddie more annoying and disrespectful than anything but it's not on the same level as I felt about Layla just yet.

I like Clay and if he were to break off this thing with Maddie and move into Gunnar's with Will and a single Gunnar I wouldn't mind it. I have a measure of patience with Hallie because I don't think she'll be around long enough to test me. Zach is strange still. I do NOT like him for Will. But whatever.

I realize Clare and Nashville are trying to sell this Damien thing as some sort of female empowerment story but they couldn't be more wrong in how it's coming across. It would serve her right to think she's in love with this guy and then he leaves her just like Liam. I would not want Gunnar to take her back though. Just gone and be empowered and free, baby bird.
soup333 is offline  
Old 02-13-2017, 11:20 AM
  #11
Master Fan

 
jbshmdfb's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 24,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by soup333 (View Post)
I realize Clare and Nashville are trying to sell this Damien thing as some sort of female empowerment story but they couldn't be more wrong in how it's coming across. It would serve her right to think she's in love with this guy and then he leaves her just like Liam. I would not want Gunnar to take her back though. Just gone and be empowered and free, baby bird.
I also went off on that in my survey saying how it sends the wrong messages for women in the industry. I honestly did more rants on S/G, too much Maddie, them not including Glenn in the choices, how they reduced Will more than I actually talk about my favorite characters having the same repetitive fight every episode. I feel like I said maybe 2 lines about J/A and did paragraphs for the other stuff.
jbshmdfb is offline  
Old 02-13-2017, 12:32 PM
  #12
Dedicated Fan
 
Jjou's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 705
Am so excited about the UK your! Last time Clare had the pre-sale code on Twitter, hopefully she comes up with the goods again.
__________________
icon by heart of rhythm
Jjou is offline  
Old 02-13-2017, 02:04 PM
  #13
Loyal Fan
 
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjou (View Post)
Am so excited about the UK your! Last time Clare had the pre-sale code on Twitter, hopefully she comes up with the goods again.
I know that was the only reason I got tickets last year they sold out so quickly - hope we get a code again this time.
FAB47 is offline  
Old 02-14-2017, 09:17 AM
  #14
Master Fan

 
soapbubbles511's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 12,428
“Nashville” TV Show Favorites to Sing Their Way to Madame Tussauds Nashville | Business Wire
__________________
Cause time is the worst kind of friend
Always there till you need it, then gone in the end
Oh but love is stronger than it, love is stronger than it
Sarah [youtube]
soapbubbles511 is offline  
Old 02-14-2017, 09:57 AM
  #15
Master Fan

 
lg238's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 17,158
And they did it again! Nashville (show and city) act as if everything is revolving around Connie and Charles. As much as I like them I'm seriously pissed. Where is hayden? Where is Jonathan? This is bull****! bc this more than anything screams "Nashville is a show about a country music couple and their kids!" while it clearly was also about other people, important people. If I was hayden or jonathan or even clare, I would be very angry.

Sorry to Deyna fans for the rant. But it was needed.
__________________
"Of my friend, I can only say this: Of all the souls I have encountered in my travels,
his was the most....human" - Kirk about Spock

Icon by Me

Last edited by lg238; 02-14-2017 at 10:06 AM
lg238 is offline  
 

Bookmarks


Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:30 AM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2018.

Copyright © 1998-2018, Fan Forum.


TEST