Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-16-2016, 07:36 PM
Master Fan

Nashville Limited Spoiler Thread #8 - How will the season end?

The general threads are supposed to stay mostly spoiler free so this thread is for that kind of discussion

The following limited spoilers are allowed on this board
  • Sneak peaks
  • Filming pictures
  • Episodes stills
  • Cast interviews/tweets
  • Anything officially released by the network (including the official twitter and Facebook accounts)
  • Songs released on iTunes before the episode airs
Anything beyond these should be taken to the Nashville thread on the Spoilers Board.

* Reminder - from the general guidelines:

Quote:
Spoilers:
Information is considered to be a spoiler if it details something that has not yet been broadcast anywhere in the world.
  • The following limited spoilers are allowed in a designated discussion thread on the forums here as long as the title includes the word Spoilers:
    • Information officially released by the network such as sneak peaks, filming pictures and episodes stills, or cast interviews that hint at future storylines can be posted in the designated spoiler discussion thread at all forums.
    • Spoilers regarding the character an actress or actor is playing in a TV show are permitted at their own Male or Female Celebrity Forum. These discussions should be limited to character information and not overall show spoilers.
  • Spoilers should only be discussed if they meet the above limited conditions and any further spoilers should be discussed at the Spoilers Forum.
  • Animations, artwork, icons and other such material can be posted within these threads but they must not be used across Fan Forum or any other thread.
  • Discussion and information sharing must be limited to the listed threads that have spoilers indicated in the title.
  • If you're unsure about what might be considered to be a spoiler please continue to use the spoiler tags, shown here:
    Code:
    [*sp][*/sp]

take out the * sign when posting
Have fun and spoil away
Old 05-16-2016, 07:47 PM
Loyal Fan

Just wanted to add to the previous discussion, I didn't think Avery would stand her up, I just think he might either have to leave early or be distracted by something to make her upset. But who knows. Blah to that duet. All this show has done over the past few months is make me angry.
Old 05-16-2016, 08:03 PM
Master Fan

And at the moment the Layla/Avery song is the only one released

Are they not releasing whatever Gunnar sings with Elton John?
Sarah [youtube]
Old 05-16-2016, 08:06 PM
Master Fan

OMG I just saw the last two mins of Castle... let's just say I hope we don't have that rushed of an alternate ending. For 5 mins now I have been saying over and over WTF. Like why? Last season wrap up was way better for a ''we don't know if we are coming back'' ending. That one was like ''WHAT'' so I hope we get better.
Old 05-16-2016, 08:17 PM
Loyal Fan

The ending of Castle was so hastily and sloppily tacked on, but I'm guessing they had most of the show edited together when they found out about the cancellation, so all they could do was add on that little epilogue. I really wouldn't put it past Nashville to have an equally unsatisfying ending since the episode itself won't feel like a series finale, but at least they have more time to put the episode together editing-wise, and hopefully the ending doesn't seem so rushed.
Old 05-16-2016, 08:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by slbcwrites (View Post)
The ending of Castle was so hastily and sloppily tacked on, but I'm guessing they had most of the show edited together when they found out about the cancellation, so all they could do was add on that little epilogue. I really wouldn't put it past Nashville to have an equally unsatisfying ending since the episode itself won't feel like a series finale, but at least they have more time to put the episode together editing-wise, and hopefully the ending doesn't seem so rushed.
the only thing that I liked about that was that they used continuity from s6 which is why I was pissed they were going to kill her off but showing the original cliffhanger and then that ending... weird. Kinda makes me wonder if Nashville will do that with theirs, show the original cliffhangers and resolved them 2 seconds later. In a way I kinda hope so but in others not really. I just want us to have the best possible all fanbase satisfying as much as possible.
Old 05-16-2016, 08:36 PM
Loyal Fan

I could possibly see them showing the cliffhangers and then having a little epilogue/time-jump like Castle did to show how everything turned out, but not sure if that's the direction they went. That ending was like whiplash.
Old 05-16-2016, 08:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by slbcwrites (View Post)
I could possibly see them showing the cliffhangers and then having a little epilogue/time-jump like Castle did to show how everything turned out, but not sure if that's the direction they went. That ending was like whiplash.
Oh I didn't mean it like that, I don't see Nashville having a flashforward. More like a 1 min later of all the cliffhangers. As in not stopping where they do and show the resolves right away. It's what I think they did... But I could be wrong.
Old 05-16-2016, 08:56 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
the only thing that I liked about that was that they used continuity from s6 which is why I was pissed they were going to kill her off but showing the original cliffhanger and then that ending... weird. Kinda makes me wonder if Nashville will do that with theirs, show the original cliffhangers and resolved them 2 seconds later. In a way I kinda hope so but in others not really. I just want us to have the best possible all fanbase satisfying as much as possible.
I too would like to have the best possible ending for my favorite show and beloved characters. However, with the exception of a few occasions early on in the series, I have NEVER been satisfied with any resolutions on this program. I have no faith in the writers or showrunners. Haven't for a long time. So, I desperately hope for once they thought beyond their selfish ridiculous mindsets of what a good show looks like to plan and write a decent finale. I don't think it's going to happen, but I truly hope so.
Old 05-16-2016, 09:12 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
OMG I just saw the last two mins of Castle... let's just say I hope we don't have that rushed of an alternate ending. For 5 mins now I have been saying over and over WTF. Like why? Last season wrap up was way better for a ''we don't know if we are coming back'' ending. That one was like ''WHAT'' so I hope we get better.
I have never watched Castle, but that was a horrible ending. Like, why? Please PLEASE let Nashville do better.
Old 05-17-2016, 03:11 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
_______
Never a devoted fan, but, I've watched and enjoyed, the series, off and on, and, Yes, that, was, obviously, a hastily put together, ending. Still, I'm sappy enough, I'll vote for, happy, over, a darker, bolder ending, which could have been the outcome.
_____
I do wonder, though, if, with both Castle and Nashville, something happened, at the last minute, that turned the Network, away from, what had been widely speculated, was the inclination, to renew the series, at least for abbreviated, final seasons?

Or was that speculation, just that? Did the sources, feed off of each other, and in reality, the Network, never really had any intention of renewing? Certainly, looking just at the ratings, cancellation, was no surprise.

It's a moot point, but, you get your hopes up! If ABC knew they were done with the series, why not let them know, in time, for a solid wrap up? I guess that's not how it's done
Old 05-17-2016, 07:19 AM
Loyal Fan

Juliette, Avery, & Noah Sneak Peek:

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/nashville-s...533504566.html
Old 05-17-2016, 08:08 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellieW (View Post)
Juliette, Avery, & Noah Sneak Peek:

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/nashville-s...533504566.html
That was fast??? Boy, you got so much nerve.
Old 05-17-2016, 08:22 AM
Loyal Fan

Shut up Avery! Glad she brought up Layla real quick and is done groveling.
Old 05-17-2016, 10:16 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycats (View Post)
_______
Never a devoted fan, but, I've watched and enjoyed, the series, off and on, and, Yes, that, was, obviously, a hastily put together, ending. Still, I'm sappy enough, I'll vote for, happy, over, a darker, bolder ending, which could have been the outcome.
_____
Well it depends (hopefully the writers specify it) because so far I have seen the ending be interpreted 5 different ways. A lot of people seem to think that the final scene isn't real I'll put in spoiler tags for those who haven't seen it
Spoiler:
I just hope it's the simple answer and not the other ones. Especially since it was continuity to what was predicted in s6.

---

now back on topic to the sneak peek. Avery got some nerves, kinda annoyed he won't get redeemed in my eyes unless he lets Layla have it in the finale for being a psycho. But still really dude, you got some freaken nerve. You slept with crazy 10 seconds after Juliette told you she loves you and you admitted to still loving her and you think it's too soon for her to move on. Go take a walk.