Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-03-2015, 08:24 AM
Master Fan

"Move It on Over" (1x05) Episode Discussion Thread

"Move It on Over" (1x05)
Episode Discussion Thread

Episode Description:

RAYNA CONSIDERS MOVING ON FROM DEACON AFTER HE STARTS TO SET BOUNDARIES IN THEIR RELATIONSHIP, AND TENSIONS GROW BETWEEN AVERY, SCARLETT AND GUNNAR, ON ABC'S "NASHVILLE"

"Move It on Over" -- Rayna considers moving on after Deacon starts to set boundaries in their relationship; Juliette struggles with her mom's addictions and Deacon offers a helping hand -- which leads to difficult memories from his past; Teddy is worried that his mayoral campaign will be derailed when his past with Peggy and his financial troubles border on being exposed; and tension with Avery and Gunnar is at a boiling point, as Scarlet feels the pressure to pick her path, on "Nashville," WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 7 (10:00-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Nashville" stars Connie Britton as Rayna Jaymes, Hayden Panettiere as Juliette Barnes, Clare Bowen as Scarlett O'Connor, Eric Close as Teddy Conrad, Charles Esten as Deacon Claybourne, Jonathan Jackson as Avery Barkley, Sam Palladio as Gunnar Scott, Robert Ray Wisdom as Coleman Carlisle and Powers Boothe as Lamar Wyatt.

Guest starring are Kimberly Williams-Paisley as Peggy, David Alford as Bucky, Ed Amatrudo as Glenn, Maisy Stella as Daphne, Burgess Jenkins as Randy Roberts, Wendy Wynne as Sandra, Kourtney Hansen as Emily, Melvin Ray Kearney II as Bo, Dianne Dixon as debate monitor, Mark Oliver as Paul Worley, Richard A. Smith as Casey Turner, Adam Boyer as baseball hat, Sylvia Jefferies as Jolene, Chloe Bennet as Hailey, Tiffany Morgan as Jeanne, Afton Williamson as Makena, Doug Frasure as director, Sean Freeland as Larry, Matthew Cornwell as Mitch.

"Move It on Over" was written by David Marshall Grant and directed by Lesli Linka Glatter.

RULES:
1. Remember that people may be fans of certain characters/ships/actors, so take that into consideration when discussing! No attacking other posters for their opinion or preferences.
2. We know you won't like everything about the episode, but try and be constructive when you are critiquing something.
3. No talk of illegal downloading. Please use PMs for links to live streams and such.
4. Remember, everything is a spoiler until the show airs on TV.
5. Thank you, and enjoy the episode!
Old 06-04-2015, 02:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
boston | los angeles | ♡ Candice |icon by summer falls
Old 06-09-2015, 08:19 AM
Addicted Fan

Random thoughts:

Rayna's commercial looks so bad, if I were Deacon I would have fought for the song not to be used at all.

"The only part of my life that I ever seem to do halfway good."

Bucky's face when Rayna says she's going to write the songs herself.

It's always funny rewatching S1 Avery, I have a complete different perspective than the first time I watched.

Love the Juliette/Jolene/Deacon storyline, especially the Deacon/Jolene scene and the Deacon/Juliette scene on the porch.

Sideshow.

I have no trouble imagining Deacon getting in those kind of fights pretty often at some point in his life.
Old 06-09-2015, 11:16 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart of Rhythm (View Post)
Random thoughts:

Rayna's commercial looks so bad, if I were Deacon I would have fought for the song not to be used at all.

"The only part of my life that I ever seem to do halfway good."

Bucky's face when Rayna says she's going to write the songs herself.

It's always funny rewatching S1 Avery, I have a complete different perspective than the first time I watched.

Love the Juliette/Jolene/Deacon storyline, especially the Deacon/Jolene scene and the Deacon/Juliette scene on the porch.

Sideshow.

I have no trouble imagining Deacon getting in those kind of fights pretty often at some point in his life.
Hehe yeah by having watched the whole serie so far, the Averie of season 1 is forgivable in all his flaws. He was such an terrible character in season 1. Avery developed in the right way!
Old 06-10-2015, 12:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart of Rhythm (View Post)
"I got booed so many times, I had people yell, "show me your boobs" so much, you would have thought it was a hit damn song."

^Deacon sooo tried to beat the crap out of some of those guys

Love all the Deacon/Juliette/Jolene stuff in this episode... and yesss to us finally getting the point where Deacon and Juliette are friends and moving past the sleeping together phase.. love the scene on his porch

I miss Deacon's regular shows at the Bluebird

"Well, Rayna was the one that saved your life, not me."

Loved the scene where Teddy comes home and Rayna's up writing a song... "What exactly happened between you two?" Neither of them had mentioned Deacon but he's clearly talking about Deacon... And then the "Did you sleep with him?" "Did you want to?"... which Rayna very conspicuously does not answer Come on Teddy, you know the answer to that and you know you don't want to hear it

Teddy was dumb this past season but rewatching S1 is making me realize he was always dumb The whole mess with Peggy... telling all his secrets to Lamar.. dummmbbb.. still glad the political story went

Avery was particularly jerky this episode... trying to upstage SG on guitar was obnoxious and petty... but Scarlett/Avery really did not have any chemistry
Sarah [youtube]
Old 06-10-2015, 08:28 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapbubbles511 (View Post)
"I got booed so many times, I had people yell, "show me your boobs" so much, you would have thought it was a hit damn song."

^Deacon sooo tried to beat the crap out of some of those guys
Yes!
Old 06-10-2015, 07:03 PM
Master Fan

Also Scarlett on the phone with Beverly in this episode... and it sounded like a perfectly normal conversation... almost as if she wasn't nuts in the first season
Sarah [youtube]
Old 06-11-2015, 12:13 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Also Scarlett on the phone with Beverly in this episode... and it sounded like a perfectly normal conversation... almost as if she wasn't nuts in the first season
Yeah, but Deacon says to Scarlett in the pilot "she's my sister but she's still weird".
She's being mentioned a lot in S1, it's strange she didn't make an appearance until the end of S2.
Old 06-15-2015, 03:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

Avery was particularly jerky this episode... trying to upstage SG on guitar was obnoxious and petty... but Scarlett/Avery really did not have any chemistry
They truly didn't but the show loves to drag placeholders with no chem. If I am not mistaken so far the couple to stay together on the air the longest has been Zoey/Gunnar... so yeah

I really loved Jolene's storyline until the end. I miss that character.
Old 06-15-2015, 03:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
They truly didn't but the show loves to drag placeholders with no chem. If I am not mistaken so far the couple to stay together on the air the longest has been Zoey/Gunnar... so yeah

I really loved Jolene's storyline until the end. I miss that character.
Luke and Rayna were together about the same number of episodes. But the point still stands

Jolene made up for all Juliette's really awful love interests in S1.. and then it ended in murder/suicide
Sarah [youtube]
Old 06-15-2015, 04:15 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Luke and Rayna were together about the same number of episodes. But the point still stands

Jolene made up for all Juliette's really awful love interests in S1.. and then it ended in murder/suicide
I liked the Jolene storyline, but didn't love the actress, and then it went downhill so fast in those last couple of episodes with Dante. There should never be a murder/suicide on a show that was supposed to be about the country music industry...at least not in season 1.
Old 06-15-2015, 04:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFan221 (View Post)
I liked the Jolene storyline, but didn't love the actress, and then it went downhill so fast in those last couple of episodes with Dante. There should never be a murder/suicide on a show that was supposed to be about the country music industry...at least not in season 1.
yeah and there shouldn't have been a porc blood miscarriage either.

Didn't Luke and Rayna start a few episodes later than Zoey and Gunnar? I really thought these two had the longest run.
Old 06-15-2015, 04:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
yeah and there shouldn't have been a pork blood miscarriage either.

Didn't Luke and Rayna start a few episodes later than Zoey and Gunnar? I really thought these two had the longest run.
With you there

But then Luke and Rayna stayed together a couple episodes after Gunnar and Zoey broke up.. What episode did Gunnar and Zoey get together?
Sarah [youtube]
Old 06-17-2015, 08:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
With you there

But then Luke and Rayna stayed together a couple episodes after Gunnar and Zoey broke up.. What episode did Gunnar and Zoey get together?
L& R 310 while G/Z broke up at the very end of 308 and dance around in 309. Gunnar and Zoey had sex in 205 but hang out in episodes prior.
Old 06-17-2015, 08:26 PM
Master Fan

and Luke kissed Rayna at the end of 206 and then they had sex in 207... and then they broke up exactly 2 episodes after Z/G... so pretty much the same (wtf writers... seriously wtf)
Sarah [youtube]