Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-03-2017, 04:49 AM
Master Fan

Eeehhhhhhh....

It was fine. It wasn't great. I was bored a lot. I like Hallie and her and Juliette's relationship. I'm sick of Deacon not having a storyline. Too much Maddie again. Seriously Scarlett??! Wtf. Why does she always need to see herself? They keep telling us she's selfless but recently it's all about her. And maybe that's the point of this video storyline. Maybe she's going to take a narcissistic turn for awhile. No Gunnar? Ok....he still hasn't had a storyline and we're a decent amount of episodes in.

These episodes don't feel like a journey. They all feel like set up episodes
Old 02-03-2017, 05:44 AM
Loyal Fan

I have mixed feelings about this ep. On the one hand it felt more like the old Nashville in terms of energy and music. I loved seeing Avery on stage again. I loved seeing Luke again, and I wish he were still on the show. I like how they're writing Rayna a lot. Daphne was cute, though I don't want to watch a story about her that doesn't involve music or her family.

As to the rest of the ep...

Juliette: I'm tired of the church story too, though I'm intrigued by the gospel album, and I like Hallie a lot. The whole church plot just feels like this has been dragging on forever. And why in the world did Juliette accuse Avery of not wantinig her to be happy once she's better?!!!!! Seriously, that was out of left field. Not only was it unfair to Avery, it was unfair to viewers. Was it just to have them argue again? I don't get it. And apparently, speaking of wanting to people to be happy, why didn't Juliette want to go see Avery perform? Why didn't she ask how his gig went?

Avery: I am SOOOOO disappointed in his storyline. He sings a song about not backing down. Why? What's it about? Remember when Nashville would give us context? Remember when we'd see people writing and they'd talk about their songs and what they mean? Avery has been away from performing for so long that this is a big deal for him. His song probably means something important to him, but we don't get to learn what it is. I would love to cut the Maddie scenes last week to see Avery working on his music. And why were his scenes singing intercut with Juliette's going to the church? It seemed to be setting up a conflict between the two of them, but for the life of me, I can't figure out what? And why did he put the manager's card in his pocket? Does this mean he isn't going to sign with the guy and then not tell Juliette about it? When will we find out--two or three weeks from now when the writers deign to throw Avery a storyline bone again?

Gunnar: Poor, poor Gunnar. Out in storyline limbo-land while his supposed girlfriend falls for a sadistic director who made her look like a clown in that video. I miss Gunnar. I miss his ambition. I hope Sam is putting his free time to good use.

Scarlett: I literally thought she was going to hate the video becasue it looked so ridiculous--at least to me. And then she loved it. Weird. I am so over this storyline.

Deacon: He's not in limbo-land like Gunnar, but he's in a suburb. He gets lots of screentime, just no storyline. He's sort of the Avery of the James household, giving out wise counsel to anyone at the kitchen island. It looks like he will have more to do next week, so I am happy about that.

Will: I am liking Will so far this season, and I'm curious to see where his story goes. But I'm really disappointed that we didn't get to see Will and Luke interact! They'd become very close last season.

Maddie: I just want less of her. I literally muted her at times last night. She just sucks storylines from characters I want to see more of, i.e., Gunnar.

ETA: One thing that really bugged me. Why couldn't Juliette ever get to church before the service started?! Much easier to find a seat that way and MUCH less disruptive.

Last edited by Crystal222; 02-03-2017 at 05:55 AM
Old 02-03-2017, 05:58 AM
Master Fan

Remember when Scarlett was all "blah blah I have a boyfriend that makes me feel safe and you make me feel out of control" ..now she's giving the director eyes. Girl what do you want??
Old 02-03-2017, 07:12 AM
Dedicated Fan

Loved Rayna/Maddie and Deacon/Maddie talks.

I even liked all Ruke stuff And Luke choosing to sing "If I drink this beer" while Rayna was in audience was hilarious

That was though a little off that it seemed to focus mostly on Maddie and Daphne. Even though it was nice to see finally that Daphne do have friends.

And it was good to see Avery on stage again Too bad it was cut with Juliette in church, because would have been nice to see that song in whole
Old 02-03-2017, 07:38 AM
Obsessed Fan

I just realized that when they have Scarlett sleep with Damian, in the context she'll probably turn out to be the only one of S/G to have cheated on the other.

Yet, Gunnar is the sl¤t.
Old 02-03-2017, 07:55 AM
Extreme Fan

Crystal articulated most of what I was going to say. I wanted to watch the episode again to see if I'd feel any differently, but I don't.

I think if you're in a scene with Rayna, you will be written well. Everything else is a roll of the dice for the character.

Deacon has been reduced to the Tandy role, with benefits. Gunnar has been reduced, period. I really thought Scarlett hated that video as much as I did, but of course she loved it. Go figure. The Claddie relationship? I hate that screentime is being wasted on this garbage. I did like the scene where Clay bought the record and then Maddie ruined the entire thing by just existing.

I agree with the poster who said the show is getting too political. The trans character reveal had no point or purpose to the sl, which should have been what they were going after. I didn't care in the least that she was trans, but I thought they'd use that story to connect with Juliette's in some way. As it was written, it was just thrown in there and really kind of cheapened the character's experience for me. But whatever. I think that might have been her last episode anyway.

From this point on, I'm just setting my expectations to zero for any future episodes I may watch.

I expect Deacon to continue to cook, eat and clean the house and not do much else. They'll write this record, I guess. I don't expect him to have a storyline outside of that.

Scarlett will of course sleep with director Douche and I will continue to not give a damn. Free Gunnar. Seriously, bring back Erin or Zoey, just free him from this nonsense.

Avery will also play the Deacon role, except he has a baby to take care of as well. Things keep going the way they are now, Juliette will likely never show him any affection again. But he'll keep trying though, even when she goes completely OOC and accuses him of plotting her downfall.

Glenn, who should be advising his client on her next album, especially considering how much of a departure it is from her previous stuff, will never be heard from again. Well, maybe after the album is done. Guess he has no advice to give. Strange, since he always has. But that's fine.

But hey, let me stop complaining. At least I have a show to watch, right?
Old 02-03-2017, 08:07 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quick prediction using the rationale of the old screenwriters:

Scarlett will cheat on Gunnar with Damian. Gunnar will get worried, which will be the writers' cue to play the "possessive" PC card making it look like Gunnar is in the wrong yet again.

Then it's babytime. Gunnar will go with Scarlett to the paternity test. It won't be his. He'll be heartbroken and somehow that will mean he's even more "possessive".

At some stage here the show will equal Scarlett cheating on him with Gunnar sleeping with Autumn while they were not together. Most likely by Gunnar saying so.

Finally Gunnar will forgive Scarlett and take all the blame on himself. Yet, somehow, Scarlett will keep resenting him.
Old 02-03-2017, 08:08 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telepath (View Post)
Quick prediction using the rationale of the old screenwriters:

Scarlett will cheat on Gunnar with Damian. Gunnar will get worried, which will be the writers' cue to play the "possessive" PC card making it look like Gunnar is in the wrong yet again.

Then it's babytime. Gunnar will go with Scarlett to the paternity test. It won't be his. He'll be heartbroken and somehow that will mean he's even more "possessive".

At some stage here the show will equal Scarlett cheating on him with Gunnar sleeping with Autumn while they were not together.

Finally Gunnar will forgive Scarlett and take all the blame on himself. Yet, somehow, Scarlett will keep resenting him.
Only thing you forgot is that Gunnar will end up taking on the blame and raising this kid. Scarlett will be sainted for allowing him to do so after all he's put her through.
Old 02-03-2017, 03:00 PM
Dedicated Fan

Haven't watched the episode yet as Nashville has already gone from must see TV to DVR and watch later for me after 5.04. It's hard to believe that we had such high hopes for this show and it isn't delivering for most of us. For me, I keep thinking that they are only getting it 50% right, but that may be too generous.

A couple of thoughts based on everyone's comments below:

Luke/Will didn't get a scene together?? That's insane!!
I'm surprised by your comments about J's therapist. I really liked the conversation between the two of them after J tried that harness thingy. Where the therapist said that she had her own recovery to go through and understanding that the soul needs to heal as much as the body. I thought that was a cool way of tying the two things together. Obviously very different but also very much the same in some ways. Kinda sounds like they dropped the ball.

I'll have more to say once I watch the episode sometime over the weekend.
Old 02-03-2017, 06:09 PM
Master Fan

Is this going to be a regular thing now?

Sarah [youtube]
Old 02-03-2017, 08:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup333 (View Post)
Only thing you forgot is that Gunnar will end up taking on the blame and raising this kid. Scarlett will be sainted for allowing him to do so after all he's put her through.
Are we allowed to talk about this here? I agree that you are probably 100% right about what's going to happen!
Old 02-03-2017, 09:25 PM
Master Fan

If it's spoilers no we aren't allowed. If it just speculation as long as it doesn't go into spoilers it's fine. So following that if some went over that line they should edit.
Old 02-03-2017, 09:35 PM
Extreme Fan

I just made that up. Just a guess based on how it's going for them. No spoilers involved.
Old 02-03-2017, 09:57 PM
Master Fan

I just watched episode 2 season 1...

Memories of what the show could be lol