Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-09-2017, 09:13 AM
Master Fan

"Let's Put It Back Together Again" (5x03) Episode Discussion Thread: Airs January 12th, 2017

"Let's Put It Back Together Again" (5x03)
Episode Discussion Thread

Air Date: January 12th, 2017 at 9 pm EST on CMT

Episode Description:

Maddie begins an internship at a recording studio and meets a street musician; Avery struggles producing a young YouTube sensation; Juliette meets her guardian angel.

RULES:
1. Remember that people may be fans of certain characters/ships/actors, so take that into consideration when discussing!
2. We know you won't like everything about the episode, but try and be constructive when you are critiquing something.
3. No talk of illegal downloading. Please use PMs for links to live streams and such.
4. Remember, everything is a spoiler until the show airs on TV.
5. Thank you, and enjoy the episode!
Sarah [youtube]
Old 01-09-2017, 09:22 AM
Loyal Fan

Wish CMT put out full press releases and pictures for every episode. Guess since they are new to scripted programming, they are not accustomed to doing such.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:37 AM
Master Fan

For Still the King they were doing promo pics for each episode but not press releases.

Promo pics for this episode just went up
Old 01-09-2017, 11:16 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread. Looking forward to this one.
Old 01-12-2017, 06:41 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
Thanks for the new thread. Looking forward to this one.
Me too especially now I know Juliette has that song - hoping for more Juliette/Avery . Love it when Avery/Deacon get scenes and I'm strangely quite up for seeing this Maddie stuff -SO need her to apologise to Deacon.
Old 01-12-2017, 06:59 AM
Dedicated Fan

Happy Nashville Day! Looking forward to another great show. Love, love the season so far
Old 01-12-2017, 07:18 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAB47 (View Post)
Me too especially now I know Juliette has that song - hoping for more Juliette/Avery . Love it when Avery/Deacon get scenes and I'm strangely quite up for seeing this Maddie stuff -SO need her to apologise to Deacon.
It will be good to see her realize how horrible she's been but I hope she has an apology for her mother and sister as well. They all suffered so badly because of her selfishness and stupidity.
Old 01-12-2017, 07:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Deacon and Rayna
Old 01-12-2017, 09:20 AM
Master Fan

Happy Nashville day

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup333 (View Post)
It will be good to see her realize how horrible she's been but I hope she has an apology for her mother and sister as well. They all suffered so badly because of her selfishness and stupidity.
Yes. She absolutely needs to apologize to Deacon. What she said about him in court was terrible. But I really need this to not only be about Deacon. She needs to apologize to Rayna too. Rayna's been trying to protect Maddie her entire life. She gave her a record deal on her label. And Maddie was so desperate to get away that she took her mother to court. Deacon's heart wasn't the only one she broke.

Exhibit A:

(X)(X)(X)(X)
Sarah [youtube]
Old 01-12-2017, 02:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

Happy watching to all whether today or tomorrow!
Old 01-12-2017, 08:14 PM
Master Fan

Well the Maddie/Deacon/Rayna/Daphne stuff was great so was Will/Gunnar/Avery but got to say I am very disapointed on how they are writing J/A not only was Avery not there so just solo song and no duet but some of the lines really rubbed me the wrong way. What are you doing writers....

The show finally remember Layla's existance and at Will being the one saying Wacko Magnet for producing including her with Ashley and Gunnar adding Sadie.

I don't know, I guess my hopes were too high for the episode after the duet version of the song.
Old 01-12-2017, 08:26 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
Well the Maddie/Deacon/Rayna/Daphne stuff was great so was Will/Gunnar/Avery but got to say I am very disapointed on how they are writing J/A not only was Avery not there so just solo song and no duet but some of the lines really rubbed me the wrong way. What are you doing writers....

The show finally remember Layla's existance and at Will being the one saying Wacko Magnet for producing including her with Ashley and Gunnar adding Sadie.

I don't know, I guess my hopes were too high for the episode after the duet version of the song.
And I'm basking in the glow of a great episode, imo. Juliette called Avery "babe," he asked wha they were, right before she wrote a song about how she's on her way, which implies that she's, well, on her way to a lot of things, but I thought it meant to being with Avery. Avery was cooking dinner for them in the first really domestic scene we've seen with them. They were clearly talking about their day, just like normal couples do. I was so pleased I'm going to watch it again at 11:00.

As for the Maddie/Deacon storyline, I loved that too. Finally, we get to see Maddie apologize for what she did and learn a little bit what it means to be professional. I liked the guy she met a lot. He had a great voice. It was nice to see the show address the courtroom drama finally.

I also loved Rayna meeting with the Exes and dealing with her new employee, Clay, who is creepy.

Oh, and one of my favorite scenes was Gunnar, Will and Avery at Gunnar's house. I hope we get more of the three of them. It was finally nice to hear Layla's name mentioned. Apparently, they both know what she did to Avery and Juliette, which I was glad to see.

And just, OMG, this was in part an Avery episode. I don't know if that's ever happened before. I loved it.
Old 01-12-2017, 08:27 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm curious as to which lines rubbed you the wrong way? I liked their interactions, they seemed to ring true to me, and I loved Juliette taking us out on the ending montage layer over Avery taking a step forward for himself. But I'm usually doing more than one thing while I'm watching so I probably missed something.
Old 01-12-2017, 08:28 PM
Master Fan

The moment Juliette pretty much said she never cared anyone to Hallie and them not knowing how they feel about each other, that just brought it down for me. If you guys don't know by now, what are you doing?

Forgot to add, the Maddie/Avery was funny to me, because you would think these two have known each other for a long time and they had like three scenes where they were in the same space with no real interaction the past 4 seasons.

Don't get me wrong I loved 95% of the episode including the J/A stuff. Cadence peeing instead of the classic running into furnature to feel thing was beautiful. Rewatched that scene A LOT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal222 (View Post)

I also loved Rayna meeting with the Exes and dealing with her new employee, Clay, who is creepy.
I think you mean Randall. Clay is Maddie's love interest.

Last edited by jbshmdfb; 01-12-2017 at 10:12 PM
Old 01-12-2017, 10:13 PM
Extreme Fan

I need to watch it again before I say anything. I did enjoy the Ashley character and the scene with the guys. Gunnar said his buying the lede line and I chuckled. No comment about the Javery stuff until I watch again. Just not sure how I feel. Right now not overjoyed.