Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-20-2017, 06:10 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal222 (View Post)
Even though I enjoyed this episode, a couple of things are bothering me with this season.

I'm getting frustrated wiht the slow pace of the plot. D&R are still just talking about that concept album. Seriously? They don't need money to write the songs. When are they going to start working on that thing? Why have an ep with such an emphasis on convincing Deacon to do the album, and then they don't work on it? That is weird, imo.

Avery starts to write last episode and it's completely ignored this ep. And it looks like it won't be adressed next week either.

Scarlett and Gunnar have been talking about doing a video for two eps. At least we'll finally see it next ep. But why is it being dragged out.

I also miss all the other characters who just kind of dipped in and out of the plot. Remember when Maddie and Daphne would just be in the kitchen getting ready for school? Last ep, it was like they didn't exist. (Not that I want more Maddie!) And remember when Noel went to meetings with the Exes? Or Glenn would actually be at Juliette's house to talk with her about demos?

And is it me, or does it feel like there is less emphasis on music than before?
I've been feeling that about the music - they promised more and more focus but it feels like we are getting less to me too. Two songs this week and one was a redo.
Old 01-20-2017, 06:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

I was actually fine about the music. I think what they said was that they would let the songs play out, not that there would necessarily be more of them, although I could be wrong.

I really enjoy reading what people think about each episode. It's so interesting to see what resonates with each person, because it's all so different. Things that one person isn't happy with, someone else is over the moon. We all have such different perspectives!

I actually thought, after the show was over, that this was probably my least favorite of the episodes so far, even though it had a lot of Juliette and Avery, which I was happy about. I do like the focus on the music business, but I would also like to see more of the creative process - so bring on Deacon and Rayna writing together!

I did have to chuckle at Mayor Barry being on the show. I guess it makes sense to have the real mayor play the mayor, especially since she seems to really enjoy the spotlight and putting herself out there. She definitely is a Nashville cheerleader.
Old 01-20-2017, 08:25 PM
Master Fan

I totally feel like it's light on the music. There's a spark missing, the punch, the froth! Where's the fun? Yes there's heavy issues this episode but it used to be more fun. I'm not upset, I still like it...I just feel like I'm missing some of the old stuff. I always thought the pilot was such a good episode for structure and content. I thought it had everything and I haven't felt this satisfied with an episode in a long time
Old 01-20-2017, 09:24 PM
Master Fan

I was just rewatching the episode and I got to say I think the guy who play Randall plays him perfectly. At least he does so far. They got some talented recurrings this season.

I also agree about the music being a little off this season, it's hit or miss for me from song to song. Like I love how the Juliette song was used for the montage last week but Will song came across too corny for the situation/out of place for his storyline and not fitting to all the storylines.
Old 01-20-2017, 10:21 PM
Master Fan

There were a lot of things that I liked about this episode but overall, I dunno not one of my favorites

I've been loving how they've been dealing with H65. It finally feels like it's Rayna's story. I haven't felt that way since... she broke it away from Edgehill? It was always H65/Rayna getting jerked around to fit a random plot point for someone on the label. So I love that they're taking a couple episodes build up to SG making their video. And now that Zach's on board that hopefully means no more of the label on near constant verge of financial collapse

Love the DR scenes at home and them just being all adorable and married and talking about things It's all so normal and comfortable and I love it. I do hope we get to see them actually working on their album soon. And Deacon's scar seems to have mysteriously disappeared this season

Loved the JA scenes. They'd been kinda avoiding their issues since the season started so it was good to see them finally start to talk about some of them. Loved the last scene And as much as I'd be ok with pretending S4 mostly didn't happen I did like her not wanting to take the pills

I wish W/K had been given at least a couple more episodes. And as much as I liked them I can see why they broke them up. Kevin's never particularly been developed as his own character. He's mostly been guiding Will, trying to help him be honest and accept himself. And Kevin was being such a sweet boyfriend this episode too. So I can see how Will can love what Kevin's meant in his life but not be ready to settle down. Not want to leave him but not want to stay either. That said, hiding and trying to pretend you're not home? Not cool. And he must have really wanted to get caught if he threw away the apartment application inside the house. Loved the Will/Avery scene and that we've been getting a lot more of this type of friendship scene this season

Loved the moments of characters being supportive of each other. DR going to see SG at the Bluebird. Then SG going to see Will perform. That kind of thing had been lacking last season.
Sarah [youtube]
Old 01-21-2017, 01:29 AM
Total Fan

I like the stalker thread being weaved throughout the season. It's a mystery that's fun to try to unravel. Guessing it will get more and more intense and intriguing as time goes by. But as someone has already mentioned in this thread, I don't think the stalker is Bucky (or at least I hope it's not.) He has been a trusted friend to Rayna for a long time and his betrayal would be a hard blow to take.
Spoiler:

I have loved the songs from this season, especially Juliette's song last week On My Way and now Will's song. Juliette and Will singing at the end of the shows brought things full circle for me. There was a line in Will's song that said, "When I forgive myself for what I did or didn't do, that's when I'll quit missing you." I felt these words finished off Avery and Juliette's storyline of reuniting love, really better than it did for Will and Kevin's breakup. A lot of people have been writing about Avery maybe having some regrets about his own actions, and especially his actions in Season 4B. I personally haven't seen that happening, but like to think he did. And if he did have regrets, I think this song perfectly revealed them. The words of this song about forgiving yourself just worked for me and helped me make sense of his actions when he said he needed more time before initiating a physical relationship with Juliette again, but then returned in a nanosecond all better and ready to "finish the job".

Last edited by nashville fan; 01-23-2017 at 05:15 PM Reason: corrected wordin song
Old 01-21-2017, 07:28 AM
Master Fan

I think it would be unbelievable for Bucky to start stalking her now after all these years lol
Old 01-21-2017, 08:11 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp10ah (View Post)
I think it would be unbelievable for Bucky to start stalking her now after all these years lol
Did someone bring up Bucky as a possibility? He's probably the last person I would suspect.
Old 01-21-2017, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp10ah (View Post)
I doubt that. It would be really crazy story wrinting if they did that. And I mean more crazy than S4.
Old 01-21-2017, 11:13 AM
Total Fan

Thought somebody had brought it up here on , but maybe I read it in the comments section of an article about the show.
Old 01-21-2017, 02:21 PM
Master Fan

Loved the moments of characters being supportive of each other. DR going to see SG at the Bluebird. Then SG going to see Will perform. That kind of thing had been lacking last season.[/QUOTE]

I loved that they were there but didn't it seem weird that they didn't say a word? Not one word? Not even a background exchange that we can't hear. So far SG has been furniture. I totally get that they want to focus on one storyline at a time but no other characters have been weaved the the storylines like this except for Emily who I'm pretty sure said one line, if you can even call it a line. In pretty sure she said "oh" last episode and I laughed because it felt absurd
Old 01-21-2017, 04:32 PM
Total Fan

^ Well, I agree not much interaction, but some. Scarlett did kiss Will as he was going onto the stage and during S/G's performance Rayna kind of hit Deacon on his chest and Deacon had that cute face he always makes when he is blown away by one of his family's performance as if to say, "I still can't believe something so beautiful is coming out of the mouth of my niece.....or my daughter .........or my wife........"
Old 01-21-2017, 06:38 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm just glad the cast is interacting. It made no sense, at the end of S4 how HUGE things were happening in the lives of these people and none of their friends commented on it at all. Will had a national talk show host harassing him and neither Avery nor Gunnar had any conversation about it at all. That was absurd. I didn't have any problem with S/G being at his performance and not talking. That scene was about him, not them. And Emily, awesome as she is, is a recurring character. She had a line because Juliette responded to her.

That said, I do miss Gunnar and he's probably the only thing I'm looking forward to in 505 (besides whatever brief Juliette and/or Avery scenes we might get).
Old 01-21-2017, 07:02 PM
Obsessed Fan

I'm just going to write about S/G because it feels like you guys covered all the bases.

First of all they ran the song from last episode again. While this sort of makes sense seeing it's their new single, it's a bad song, and it lacks spark. This was the first time when I had to suspend my disbelief about a character gushing about them. The songwriting fails them.

Second, I am not really looking forward to their bloody music video next episode. It only looks like angst.

That said I had no issues with the writing of the episode at all.
Old 01-21-2017, 11:23 PM
Total Fan

In the last scene with A/J in this episode, I wanted a Harlequin Romance. What I got was a boxing match. In Round one instead of telling Avery what was really on her mind, (that she would be a burden and he would eventually leave) Juliette acted like a child and berated him for cutting the crust off her bread. So instead of telling her she was an ass at that moment, Avery left the room and went to his corner. Round two began with intense shouting in the bathroom after Juliette took a hard fall and Avery tried to help her off the floor. Juliette adamantly insisted she could "do it herself", Avery calls her an ass, and storms out of the room (He desperately wants to help her b/c that's the way Avery shows his love.)

Only later during Round three did it seem they were getting somewhere with a somewhat truthful, soul-searching conversation where Juliette admitted she needed Avery in spite of her fears of him leaving (Pretty heavy stuff coming from this tiny fighter) and he let her know that he loved her dearly and would do anything for her. This leads to a passionate kiss initiated by Avery which led to Juliette being invaded by Vladimir Klitschko's spirit as she pulled him down hard on top of her with her powerful arms. Avery asked her if she was ready for "this" and told her something about not wanting to hurt her. (A conversation his friend Will had basically just had with Kevin earlier......a conversation that said everything but what was really on their minds....In Avery's case, that he didn't want to make love to Juliette.) And when Avery delivered the knockout sucker punch that he needed "more time," his opponent went down for the count. Juliette finally acted in a mature way and "let him go." (Again proving that she really has changed from the 4A PPD mess.) Nobody won. Everyone loses.

Did Juliette taking charge cause him to remember too many hurtful things, memories he thought he had gotten over? The last time they made love was 402 when she basically deserted him after they were together before the concert. Juliette making the first move in 504 wasn't going to work. Avery had to be the one to initiate the timing of their love-making after she had hurt him so badly. When she went to his hotel room in 417 and told him she still loved him, he told her it wasn't going to work and it didn't. (This was when he hooked up with Layla, but not when Layla kissed him or tried to shame him into a relationship b/c they really had "something." Their hooking up came later that night only when Avery initiated it.)

Don't know what made Avery change his mind so quickly in Leap of Faith. Maybe he realized he had almost lost Juliette in the crash and it was time to forgive her or maybe he realized that he had done things too that he needed to be forgiven for. IDK, but when he returned that night, the fight seemed to be out of him; his face showed something like a peaceful resolve to not look back to the past....to move ahead to the future.