Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-16-2015, 09:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

"I'm Lost Between Right or Wrong" (3x13) Episode Discussion Thread: Airs February 18, 2014

"I'm Lost Between Right or Wrong"" (3x13)
Episode Discussion Thread

Air Date: February 18, 2014 at 10 pm EST on ABC

Episode Description:

RAYNA IS FLOORED BY EDGEHILL’S PLANS TO SIGN MADDIE AS A SOLO ARTIST ON “NASHVILLE,” WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 18

Mario Van Peebles and Laura Benanti Guest Star

“I’m Lost Between Right and Wrong” – Rayna is furious when she finds out Jeff Fordham’s plans to sign Maddie to Edgehill. Luke enlists Gunnar in his efforts to forget his heartbreak, first by writing revenge songs, and then by carousing and they bring a cautious Will along for the bar hopping. Sadie is tormented by her stalker ex-husband and brings her expensive recording session with Avery to a standstill, jeopardizing his job. And Deacon’s secrecy over his illness causes him to push Maddie away, on “Nashville,” WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 18 (10:00-11:00 p.m. ET) on the ABC Television Network.

“Nashville” stars Connie Britton as Rayna Jaymes, Hayden Panettiere as Juliette Barnes, Clare Bowen as Scarlett O’Connor, Chris Carmack as Will Lexington, Will Chase as Luke Wheeler, Eric Close as Teddy Conrad, Charles Esten as Deacon Claybourne, Oliver Hudson as Jeff Fordham, Jonathan Jackson as Avery Barkley, Sam Palladio as Gunnar Scott, Maisy Stella as Daphne Conrad and Lennon Stella as Maddie Conrad.

Guest starring are Aubrey Peeples as Layla, David Alford as Bucky Dawes, Laura Benanti as Sadie Stone, Mario Van Peebles as Henry Benton, Nick Jandl as Dr. Caleb Rand, and Rebecca Tilney as Valerie Cheng.

“I’m Lost Between Right and Wrong” was written by David Gould and directed by Michael Lohmann.

RULES:
1. Remember that people may be fans of certain characters/ships/actors, so take that into consideration when discussing! No attacking other posters for their opinion or preferences.
2. We know you won't like everything about the episode, but try and be constructive when you are critiquing something.
3. No talk of illegal downloading. Please use PMs for links to live streams and such.
4. Remember, everything is a spoiler until the show airs on TV.
5. Thank you, and enjoy the episode!
Old 02-16-2015, 09:54 PM
Master Fan

sooo looking forward to the Rayna/Jeff stuff
Sarah [youtube]
Old 02-16-2015, 10:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Spoiler:
Old 02-16-2015, 10:05 PM
Master Fan

Spoiler:

And although not nearly as amusing as cake smash, Luke hiring Gunnar to write "Rayna sucks" songs is making me lol
Sarah [youtube]
Old 02-17-2015, 01:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new!
No Juliette in the synopsis Nailed it writers, nailed it!

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
boston | los angeles | ♡ Candice |icon by summer falls
Old 02-18-2015, 01:55 AM
Loyal Fan

Rayna and Teddy sneak preview
Old 02-18-2015, 07:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

May not be able to catch this live! Hopefully the next morning though!
Old 02-18-2015, 07:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

I always watch the morning after. Not too excited but we'll see!

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
boston | los angeles | ♡ Candice |icon by summer falls
Old 02-18-2015, 08:39 AM
Extreme Fan

I'm pretty excited and I'll be watching live.
Old 02-18-2015, 09:27 PM
Master Fan

I really loved the episode, probably one of David Gould's strongest episode yet. Where to start :

I really love Rayna praising Avery for his past work, I was disapointed when it was Gunnar that suggested Avery in 309 but hearing Rayna mention his past work with Juliette and Scarlett and saying she wants him for hw65, loved it.

Jeff vs Rayna : so so so good. Had Jeff not gloated a day early, he probably would have won this one. Still wish they wouldn't force this Layla/Jeff thing but the rest was fantastic.

Rayna vs Teddy : I think she went a little far into asking for full custody of the girls for awhile. But I loved that Teddy told her everything before the meeting.

Maddie and Deacon : I can't wait till she finds out but their scene being the motivation to keep hope was great.

Scarlett and Deacon : one of the great family dynamic of the show. Chip had great acting in those scenes.

Scarlett and the doctor : I don't ship them or anything but I guess it's a step up from her s3A storyline

Luke/Will/Gunnar : The bonding between them was nice but Gunnar suddenly getting drunk weeks later after finding out about the betrayal felt out of place to me while Luke's made sense because he was offscreen last week so there is no big difference.

Teddy and Jeff : I Wonder if that is the end of their interaction

Juliette/Avery : I must say I when she couldn't find the remote and Avery asked if she looked in her hand. They are so perfect for each other. And him saying he couldn't be her masseuse/manservant today... pretty much implying he could be it any other day just not that day, Juliette has him wrapped around her finger, that baby will probably have the same effect, he is doomed

Sadie/Avery : Love their friendship and that she trusted him to open up to. Now all that is left is to tell Rayna. Pete needs to go, powerful moment for Sadie telling him off to protect Avery and taking back her power.

Overall really well balanced show if only all the weeks were like this and less like 306.

ETA : Forgot to say I actually loved Luke's song. Go figure
Old 02-18-2015, 10:36 PM
Addicted Fan

^ ALL THIS! (Minus the part about Luke's song. )

It was a really great episode!
Old 02-19-2015, 12:55 AM
Loyal Fan

I really enjoyed this episode!

Charles Esten is such a good actor. That scene where he watched Maddie sing ...
Old 02-19-2015, 01:28 AM
Master Fan

Overall I really enjoyed the episode

Chip was breaking my heart again this week. So glad he's getting good stuff to work with this half. I've been loving all the Deacon/Scarlett stuff (her scenes with Deacon are generally my favorites of hers anyway), especially the scene where she finds him writing the will. Loved his scenes with Maddie too, especially him tearing up listening to her sing. Can't wait for more people than Scarlett to know about the cancer though.

Loved the Rayna/Jeff/Teddy stuff. Jeff was getting cocky sending jewelry for Maddie to Rayna just to provoke her because he thought he was just so smart that she wouldn't be able to stop him. Loved Rayna stopping at nothing to protect her daughter from him and take his sleazy ass down. And Jeff should know blackmail only gets him so far, especially when he gets people's kids involved. Glad Teddy fessed up to everything to Rayna (because acting like he thought it was a good idea to avoid admitting he was being blackmailed was not a good idea, if he'd kept that up Rayna would have taken him to court)

Loved the Avery/Sadie stuff. Still no Rayna/Avery scene but she talked about him and is a fan of his work so that's something. Loved it being said all over the place that Avery's very good at what he does. And loved him going out to confront Sadie's ex for her (and then her standing up to him herself). The little bit of Juliette/JA were adorable/hilarious.

Luke felt very unnecessary. I just kept thinking "wow he really is connected to nobody without Rayna". Will's been on his tour but they've barely said two words to each other. When we saw Gunnar writing with Luke before, Luke was pretty much being a jerk. It just felt sad that two guys he barely knows was the best he's got. Would have been better with just Will and Gunnar. The bits with the two of them were the best part anyway. They could have had a better conversation (and even still had a night out) trying to cheer each other up over Kiley/Micah/Jason and Layla/pool.
Sarah [youtube]
Old 02-19-2015, 01:58 AM
Extreme Fan

Really loved this episode, one of my favorites of the series. All the stories were interesting, the pacing was spot on, everything flowed. Most of it was about music! At least tangentially. I didn't even miss the lack of D/R scene. Well done David Gould, as well as the director.

I actually was surprised that I didn't mind Luke that much in this episode. It was the first time I felt like he was a real character vs a foil to the R/D storyline. It wasn't just him that was sucking the life out of Rayna, it was Rayna that was sucking the life out of him as well. Not saying that he's all of a sudden a favorite character, but I didn't fast forward through his scenes, and that's saying something. I was more annoyed with Gunnar feeling sorry for himself.

Everything else was spot on. Loved, loved, loved the Rayna/Teddy/Jeff stuff as well as the Deacon/Maddie/Scarlett stuff. It's a given that Chip is going to break my heart from now on. Avery/Sadie stuff was great too.
Old 02-19-2015, 02:25 AM
dmc
Dedicated Fan

Wow I cannot believe Teddy's plan was to pretend signing Maddie without her knowledge was a good decision. I also can't believe it's legal for you to sign someone to a contract without their knowledge. I'm going to have to disagree with Rayna's lawyer I'm not sure that's true.

I can't believe Jeff had that necklace sent that Rayna's office. What a loser! I also can't believe that his big pitch for his meeting to increase profits were to sign Maddie and have a Layla sing WTF. I mean first even signing Maddie would take awhile to see profit and just lol...he needed to be fired.

I hate Luke's new haircut it's really distracting.

Loved everything with Avery this episode.

Ugh Layla I just hate this character. Every episode she's either crying or being pathetic or making bad decisions. Also wasn't feeling that outfit to sing for the chairman.

Also I kind a hate the decor the highway 65 offices. It looks like a place where you would sell sports memorabilia.

Loved seeing Rayna back in action.