Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-06-2017, 07:16 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
They missed every opportunity with Javery so far. They decide to have this episode be the one where Juliette starts to wear her wedding ring again yet no explanation or comment on it. They decide to have Cadence walk out of nowhere in it, no comment on it. Juliette in 508 make a critic of Avery choice of style of music, no follow up on that. Avery decide to gets a manager opportunity no follow up or conversation with Juliette on that. Avery and Juliette have sex after him saying he needs time, no explanation no talk about the future, no follow up on that. The time to talk about these things is as they happen. Javery got a pass on it all.

As for Maddie, it's the extreme amount of airtime she gets that rub people the wrong way. It's not normal that she has more airtime than Hayden Panettiere, Jonathan Jackson, Clare Bowen, Sam Palladio and Chris Carmack. She isn't lead so she shouldn't be ahead of Hayden and isn't a popular character or strong enough to carry the show so she shouldn't be ahead in airtime of all these people.

Sorry about your lost. And I agree Rayna wouldn't have left them or Deacon.
I agree with all of this. Well said.
Old 03-06-2017, 07:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
They missed every opportunity with Javery so far. They decide to have this episode be the one where Juliette starts to wear her wedding ring again yet no explanation or comment on it. They decide to have Cadence walk out of nowhere in it, no comment on it. Juliette in 508 make a critic of Avery choice of style of music, no follow up on that. Avery decide to gets a manager opportunity no follow up or conversation with Juliette on that. Avery and Juliette have sex after him saying he needs time, no explanation no talk about the future, no follow up on that. The time to talk about these things is as they happen. Javery got a pass on it all.

As for Maddie, it's the extreme amount of airtime she gets that rub people the wrong way (before this episode not for this one). It's not normal that she has more airtime than Hayden Panettiere, Jonathan Jackson, Clare Bowen, Sam Palladio and Chris Carmack. She isn't lead so she shouldn't be ahead of Hayden and isn't a popular character or strong enough to carry the show so she shouldn't be ahead in airtime of all these people.

Sorry about your lost. And I agree Rayna wouldn't have left them or Deacon.
This is my personal belief,...I think they are so wrapped up in what the show needs to build for season 8 or 9 when they should be focusing on season 5. It's backwards to me. They're digging themselves a grave while they establish opportunity for future seasons. i truly believe they think they'll last until season 10 and they are planning ahead and establishing Maddie to become the next Rayna. I think it's completely out of line but that's how i see it
Old 03-06-2017, 07:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp10ah (View Post)
This is my personal belief,...I think they are so wrapped up in what the show needs to build for season 8 or 9 when they should be focusing on season 5. It's backwards to me. They're digging themselves a grave while they establish opportunity for future seasons. i truly believe they think they'll last until season 10 and they are planning ahead and establishing Maddie to become the next Rayna. I think it's completely out of line but that's how i see it
I agree. And I honestly think Marshall thinks he can make Lennon Claire Danes 2.0. Sorry Marshall but that ain't happening. But yeah I feel like they are planning the next generation with their own characters as well as Maddie. Like Clay, Zach etc. We will see more and more of their own creations and they will be given tons of airtime. Not here for that but it is what it is.
Old 03-06-2017, 07:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I agree. And I honestly think Marshall thinks he can make Lennon Claire Danes 2.0. Sorry Marshall but that ain't happening. But yeah I feel like they are planning the next generation with their own characters as well as Maddie. Like Clay, Zach etc. We will see more and more of their own creations and they will be given tons of airtime. Not here for that but it is what it is.
This is what I don't understand. They were given gold to work with in terms of actors, musicians and characters. They said "Oh no thanks, we'll do what we want" It makes no sense to me. This show was brought back by the fans, the fans who loved the characters that were already there to play with.

I don't mean for this to be a rumour or anything just my personal thought,...is it at all possible some of the characters have extended their desire to move on a la Connie? and this is the writers way of moving away from them slowly? I just CAN'T for the life of me understand what they're doing to these characters. I'm trying to make sense of it
Old 03-06-2017, 07:54 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

As for Maddie, it's the extreme amount of airtime she gets that rub people the wrong way (before this episode not for this one). It's not normal that she has more airtime than Hayden Panettiere, Jonathan Jackson, Clare Bowen, Sam Palladio and Chris Carmack. She isn't lead so she shouldn't be ahead of Hayden and isn't a popular character or strong enough to carry the show so she shouldn't be ahead in airtime of all these people.
Please don't take this the wrong way because it is NOT meant to be rude, I truly mean that. But it sounds like you're just upset about the lack of Hayden and Javery storylines. And if thats your favorite character and storyline then I understand your disappointment. I think its too soon to jump to these conclusions. I could be totally wrong of course. I agree with everything you're saying though. They needed to close up Rayna, I think thats what they are working on. Also I didn't even notice the ring LOL or Cadence walking. Sadly I guess I didn't care much but not on purpose. I was just so heartbroken watching Deacon, I didn't care to notice

Quote:
The way I look at it,...this is a very precious show to people and when they see opportunity in the storyline and it not being utilized it's painful. You get so excited and then you get let down and it's heartbreaking and people lash out in negativity sometimes. I think that's a true testament of how safe people feel in this forum. They can say what they really feel because in real life chances are there isn't someone they can confide in or someone that can understand how important a tv show is to them.
I agree 100% if you can't have the freedom to speak your mind here then where else can you? I was just surprised at the hate thats all. Not trying to point fingers or even disagree, was just shocked because I hadn't been in her before. I've been coming here for years for other shows but never Nashville. I think its safe to say there are a lot of disappointments right now if you're a Nashie.

Dylan Bren
https://www.youtube.com/c/DylanLovesBrenda
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1734518/NikkylovesBD
Old 03-06-2017, 07:56 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I don't mean for this to be a rumour or anything just my personal thought,...is it at all possible some of the characters have extended their desire to move on a la Connie? and this is the writers way of moving away from them slowly? I just CAN'T for the life of me understand what they're doing to these characters. I'm trying to make sense of it
The question of the year. Probably why i want to wait and see I guess.

Dylan Bren
Old 03-06-2017, 08:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkycoly (View Post)
Please don't take this the wrong way because it is NOT meant to be rude, I truly mean that. But it sounds like you're just upset about the lack of Hayden and Javery storylines. And if thats your favorite character and storyline then I understand your disappointment. I think its too soon to jump to these conclusions. I could be totally wrong of course. I agree with everything you're saying though. They needed to close up Rayna, I think thats what they are working on. Also I didn't even notice the ring LOL or Cadence walking. Sadly I guess I didn't care much but not on purpose. I was just so heartbroken watching Deacon, I didn't care to notice
I am upset about many things this season, but how they treat Javery is on top of that list. I don't think it's too soon to jump to these conclusion, we are already at mid season. And the spoilers we have so far pretty much imply that this will continue the same way. The thing is people who watch the show as a whole (as in not shipper focused) or for D/R probably won't notice these thing. People who favorites are neglected do. And I understand not noticing. Heck if they didn't have that ring so obvious in promo pics I probably wouldn't have noticed in the episode itself. And I agree Rayna needed to be close up storyline wise but it doesn't explain leaving all these loose ends to be never discussed again. They could have just waited for 512 to have Juliette wear her wedding ring again and explain why. Same with Cadence. They could have had her walk in 512 with both Juliette and Avery present and making that a family moment but nope nothing. I got an entire storyline in an episode focused on Daphne's period but I can't have one scene about Avery and Juliette seing their daughter walk? And it's been a season issue with Javery. Like do we even know why Juliette felt that Avery wanted her to be unhappy? No. Do we know why Juliette made that critic when she always been a fan of his music, nope. Do we know why Avery changed his mind 5 mins later about sex? Nope.

If you want a longer list of the things I'm upset about : The Will treatment. The rewritten history of S/G and Gunnar. The lack of songs and giving most of them to recurring characters instead of main cast. The promotion of the Clay/Maddie relationship when it's not age appropriate. The promotion of Scarlett and Damien when it started out with abuse of power at work. I could add a lot. But in 510 the two things that happened that were totally ignored were my issues in this one so my issues in 510 were J/A issues while the others are season long issues.

Last edited by jbshmdfb; 03-06-2017 at 08:19 PM
Old 03-06-2017, 08:30 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I am upset about many things this season, but how they treat Javery is on top of that list. I don't think it's too soon to jump to these conclusion, we are already at mid season. And the spoilers we have so far pretty much imply that this will continue the same way. The thing is people who watch the show as a whole (as in not shipper focused) or for D/R probably won't notice these thing. People who favorites are neglected do. And I understand not noticing. Heck if they didn't have that ring so obvious in promo pics I probably wouldn't have noticed in the episode itself. And I agree Rayna needed to be close up storyline wise but it doesn't explain leaving all these loose ends to be never discussed again. They could have just waited for 512 to have Juliette wear her wedding ring again and explain why. Same with Cadence. They could have had her walk in 512 with both Juliette and Avery present and making that a family moment but nope nothing. I got an entire storyline in an episode focused on Daphne's period but I can't have one scene about Avery and Juliette seing their daughter walk? And it's been a season issue with Javery. Like do we even know why Juliette felt that Avery wanted her to be unhappy? No. Do we know why Juliette made that critic when she always been a fan of his music, nope. Do we know why Avery changed his mind 5 mins later about sex? Nope.

If you want a longer list of the things I'm upset about : The Will treatment. The rewritten history of S/G and Gunnar. The lack of songs and giving most of them to recurring characters instead of main cast. The promotion of the Clay/Maddie relationship when it's not age appropriate. The promotion of Scarlett and Damien when it started out with abuse of power at work. I could add a lot. But in 510 the two things that happened that were totally ignored were my issues in this one so my issues in 510 were J/A issues while the others are season long issues.
Understood and you're right. I love Avery and Juliette together, I think they belong together but they aren't my number 1 so maybe thats why I don't feel the same. I am a shipper of Scarlett and Gunnar and the Damien think was LAME. I agree. But its not like they haven't done this kind of stuff before. I started rewatching the series, I think I needed some yumminess and goodness again after the sadness and the Scarlett Gunnar thing isn't new. They always mess with them, they have since season 2.

BTW I'm laughing out loud about your Daphne period rant LOL LOL again I still think they were focusing on Rayna and her girls. If you think about it, it opened up the discussion in her bedroom about her always being there even if it embarrasses her. Foreshadowing probably, that she will NOT always be there.

Dylan Bren
Old 03-06-2017, 08:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkycoly (View Post)
Understood and you're right. I love Avery and Juliette together, I think they belong together but they aren't my number 1 so maybe thats why I don't feel the same. I am a shipper of Scarlett and Gunnar and the Damien think was LAME. I agree. But its not like they haven't done this kind of stuff before. I started rewatching the series, I think I needed some yumminess and goodness again after the sadness and the Scarlett Gunnar thing isn't new. They always mess with them, they have since season 2.
Messing with them isn't new. Changing their history is. Gunnar and Scarlett slept with the same amount of people through out the series yet he is the one that slept with half of Nashville and it implied he cheated on her when he never did. Then she is the one that now says she is numb and feels nothing when in the season 4 finale she is the one that insisted her feelings were real and she wouldn't change her mind. I don't mind them being split up since the merry-go around made me indifferent to them over the years but I love goofy Gunnar and how he is treated this season is just a little much. And having Rayna on her deathbed pretty much giving the Gunnar might not be the one speech. That just rubbed me the wrong way.

Oh I know it was to focus on Rayna's relationship with her girls but we didn't need the cramps at home and in class and in the bathroom. It was a lot of airtime for something really simple. It's just in comparison they could have easily have one tiny scene of J/A seeing Cadence walk for the first time.
Old 03-06-2017, 08:46 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
And having Rayna on her deathbed pretty much giving the Gunnar might not be the one speech. That just rubbed me the wrong way.
Yes yes yes...freaking weird! I still think he is though HAHA!

About them sleeping with the same amount of people. I'm watching season 2 right now and Scarlett is doing Avery again which is funny cause I haven't thought of them in forever. And Gunnar is bedding Zoey. I know wrong thread but just so true. They were always connecting with other people at the same time, or the majority anyway. Their timing is always off. Sucks.

I want Avery to start being more of the guy he was in these early seasons. He became Juliette's shadow or he was at least always cleaning up her messes or taking care of their daughter when she wasn't. He's so talented I want him to do music again. Also I wasn't happy with Juliette's not approving of his sound. Just because she is into the gospel scene doesn't mean he has to be. Everything is just super weird. They spent way to long on her near death experience to me. Maybe realistic but I'm over it already.

Dylan Bren
Old 03-06-2017, 08:51 PM
Master Fan

Well I should have said since they dated they slept with the same amount of people but yeah it is weird. Scarlett was having lunch dates with Avery before Gunnar even proposed. She hasn't been a saint in all of this.

As for the Juliette stuff. I'm over the entire church storyline/Hallie etc stuff already. It's isolating her too much and it's getting repetitive a lot.
Old 03-06-2017, 09:06 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Well I should have said since they dated they slept with the same amount of people but yeah it is weird. Scarlett was having lunch dates with Avery before Gunnar even proposed. She hasn't been a saint in all of this.

As for the Juliette stuff. I'm over the entire church storyline/Hallie etc stuff already. It's isolating her too much and it's getting repetitive a lot.
Yes yes yes...100% agree!!

Dylan Bren
Old 03-06-2017, 09:18 PM
Master Fan

I'd just like to mention it's annoying that there's all this talk about Scarlett never smiling anymore and how Damien has finally made her smile when if you really watch the show you'll see the only real time Scarlett smiled in season 1-2 was because of Gunnar...
Old 03-06-2017, 09:42 PM
Extreme Fan

At this point, any comments about how there's time for J/A after TEN episodes just makes me shake my head in disgust. I'm tired of waiting and I'll just take my time and my viewership and watch something else. All the hopefuls can continue hoping but I advise y'all not to hold your breath.

Also, it's made it hard to continue to talk about the show anywhere on social media and on forums. It comes across as dismissive as hell. Deyna fans were first, because they were getting everything they ever wanted. And even now, I'm reading about how there's time. No, there isn't. Not for me. All I ever wanted was equal screentime for the leads. It baffles me how people view this as a radical suggestion. Every single thing Jb listed was true and yet ten episodes in it's too soon to jump to any conclusions. Jesus.
Old 03-06-2017, 09:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup333 (View Post)
At this point, any comments about how there's time for J/A after TEN episodes just makes me shake my head in disgust. I'm tired of waiting and I'll just take my time and my viewership and watch something else. All the hopefuls can continue hoping but I advise y'all not to hold your breath.

Also, it's made it hard to continue to talk about the show anywhere on social media and on forums. It comes across as dismissive as hell. Deyna fans were first, because they were getting everything they ever wanted. And even now, I'm reading about how there's time. No, there isn't. Not for me. All I ever wanted was equal screentime for the leads. It baffles me how people view this as a radical suggestion. Every single thing Jb listed was true and yet ten episodes in it's too soon to jump to any conclusions. Jesus.
10 episodes in definitely doesn't give much of an indication of anything getting better. I'm starting to think Maddie will be getting all of Rayna's screen time now instead of the balance. It's just hollow. They don't need to give characters longer scenes they just need to give them quality scenes. It's most frustrating because it's so close to being good. It's right on the cusp but they just can't reach it and I think that's the worst part