Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-10-2017, 08:53 AM
Dedicated Fan

As a R/D fan I'm not watching any more anyway until, um, the future direction is a bit clearer. And if I was a Javery or S/G fan I might be considering checking out too roundabout now...uh oh, I guess that leaves the Maddie fans then.

I did buy R/D's song though, it was really nice.
Old 02-10-2017, 04:09 PM
Master Fan

Sarah [youtube]
Old 02-10-2017, 04:19 PM
Master Fan

Sam talking about Scarlett and Damien is so sad lol.

I'd really love to buy a song this season. It can happen any time now.....
Old 02-11-2017, 09:00 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy1993 (View Post)
As a D/R fan I enjoyed every part of this episode. I mean, it was like a fanfic come true for Deyna shippers
That being said, I'm pretty sure that this was the "last supper". Everyone who does spoilers, knows what I'm talking about !
I agree, though there was some rewriting history plus this foreshadowing why I wasn´t completely over the moon with it. I guess I will get more out of it after this stalker business is over and I can watch it more relaxed, depending of course how this all will go down.

But I truly loved their ex tempore date on bowling alley and writing song and especially recording that song

As for S/G, I just don´t get what Scarlett is thinking??? But I loved Scarlett´s scene with Rayna!

Plus really annoying how Maddie didn´t see why Rayna was angry for her after leaving Daphne alone and almost burning the house down...
Old 02-11-2017, 05:50 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceTear1 (View Post)
I agree, though there was some rewriting history plus this foreshadowing why I wasn´t completely over the moon with it. I guess I will get more out of it after this stalker business is over and I can watch it more relaxed, depending of course how this all will go down.

But I truly loved their ex tempore date on bowling alley and writing song and especially recording that song

As for S/G, I just don´t get what Scarlett is thinking??? But I loved Scarlett´s scene with Rayna!

Plus really annoying how Maddie didn´t see why Rayna was angry for her after leaving Daphne alone and almost burning the house down...
Because, it's all about Maddie. She thinks the world revolves around her. And Rayna has never told her otherwise......She's trying to teach Maddie, but it's probably too late.
Old 02-11-2017, 05:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

^^ Because Maddie told Daphne to be sure to take out the cake. She totally didn't get that Daphne was annoyed she brought a boy over and went up to her room instead of hanging out with her. I pictured Daphne upstairs with her headphones on, not paying attention to anything going on.
Old 02-11-2017, 06:41 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceTear1 (View Post)
What was rewritten? I didn't think anything necessarily contradicted what we've heard before. We just have sort of scattered details about their past and then a whole lot that we don't really know the specifics of

Anyways... no Juliette, Will or Avery? We could have at least gotten the Gunnar/Avery stuff that was referenced while Scarlett was out with Damien and he's teaching her things about herself or whatever it is she thinks is happening.

Can Scarlett just dump Gunnar already? She seems miserable with him. From the very beginning I felt he was way more into her than she was into him. And quite often over the past few seasons I've felt like she doesn't even like him. And her telling him to grow up? And acting like she's with him, what else could he want? How about a girlfriend that doesn't seem like she hates being around him? She can go sleep with Damien for all I care. Gunnar can go hang with Will and everyone will be happier.

I could have done without the Maddie/Clay scene at his apartment. I did like the Maddie/Daphne scenes though. But did she have to try to bake a cake and interrupt DR's date night? Maddie ruining everything again

The DR stuff I want more songwriting scenes on the show in general. I loved seeing the process of them struggling and getting frustrated and finally figuring something out and ending up with a song. And the bowling date? I loved it so so much. I love that they were just having fun with each other and playing and just generally enjoying being with each other. My favorite of the night was probably the last music room scene. From her coming in and lying down on the couch with him and the cuddling. And then when the song finally started clicking and they were all giggly and playful and adorable.

And random but one of my favorite lines of the night, Rayna pushing Gene out of the music room to go film the kitchen where they have "lots of good appliances and whatnot"

ETA: Also noticed they gave up trying to figure out what date it's supposed to be. The date on Scarlett's phone when Damien texted her was the episode airdate
Sarah [youtube]

Last edited by soapbubbles511; 02-11-2017 at 06:46 PM
Old 02-11-2017, 07:26 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapbubbles511 (View Post)
Anyways... no Juliette, Will or Avery? We could have at least gotten the Gunnar/Avery stuff that was referenced while Scarlett was out with Damien and he's teaching her things about herself or whatever it is she thinks is happening.
This is one of the things I love about I never know when I will read something that makes me laugh out loud. (And BTW, does this icon mean Fan Forum?)
Old 02-11-2017, 07:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville fan (View Post)
This is one of the things I love about I never know when I will read something that makes me laugh out loud. (And BTW, does this icon mean Fan Forum?)
I laughed too! So funny

Is there a chat room for Nashville somewhere? I want to chat in real time without the restrictions of FF. Don't get me wrong I love FF but it's fun to chat together in real time when the episode is airing
Old 02-11-2017, 07:59 PM
Dedicated Fan

Another episode I haven't watched yet. Still haven't watched 506 either. I hate to say that I'm kinda over Nashville. #504 broke my heart and #505 offended me so much that I'm still upset about it. It isn't #418 but it's pretty close. I'm also over those on Twitter who think the show is all rainbows and puppies and that all the Nashies love the show. NOPE!!

1) If you are a D/R fan, yes it's rainbows and puppies. A+
2) Too little J/A and not enough dealing with their past issues. B-
3) Way too much M/C. C-
4) Will is unlikable and unwatchable. The break up with Kevin was awful and he's been reduced to a prop for Zach "Norman Bates Jr." Welles. F
5) S/G...(sigh)...where to start. Gunnar has been reduced to a coat rack. He just stands around not contributing much. As a woman, I find Scarlett's story line disgusting and think it sends a horrible message to young women and particularly young female artists. Apparently it is okay to demean, verbally abuse and humiliate a woman in front of a room full of people. Damien could have been nurturing and patient with Scarlett allowing her to achieve the same result in a safe environment but instead the writer's chose abuse. I have a really big problem with that. Z- to infinity and beyond.

It's heartbreaking that this isn't the Nashville we fought to save and Marshall/Ed aren't the saviors we thought they would be. Is it better than S4? It is getting harder to say yes.

Just my two cents as always. I'll try to catch up and watch 506, 507 and 508 next Thursday. It may take copious amounts of wine
Old 02-11-2017, 08:26 PM
Total Fan

It's funny what I notice about the show, but some of the things that stood out in my mind during 507 were:

. Scarlett's leather bag. It looked a lot like Avery's man-bag.

. The Bowling date was a brilliant idea. Got Deacon and Rayna out of their element and into doing something spur-of-the-moment and unexpected and fun.....something that a middle class person like me can relate to.

. Another special touch that caught my eye was how Deacon kissed the back of Rayna's neck at the bowling alley causing her to completely lose it. It was Sexy and something a newlywed guy would do.

. Why did Maddie have to take Clay up to her bedroom? Why couldn't they have hung out in the kitchen with Daphne playing cards? The girl doesn't have a brain in her head when it comes to making wise decisions. It's not fair with her being underage to put him in that kind of situation. (I know. I know why she did it. I was a teenage girl one time too, but let me play the devil's advocate here and ask the question anyway.) I suppose if Clay had wanted to, they would have hooked up in her bedroom with Daphne in the next room. SMH!

. I felt so sorry for Gunnar. I mean, he couldn't catch a break throughout the whole episode... from the interview with Hoda and Kathie Lee to not being asked to sign his autograph to being screamed at and told to "Grow up!" by Scarlett. During the interview he couldn't get a word in edgewise. Every time he tried to make a comment he was interrupted by one of the hosts who were giddy about the new video, or Scarlett with her new-found voice of "I am woman, hear me roar, I'm not a mouse anymore" or Damien, the amazing powerful director. It didn't make sense to me. Gunnar is an award winning songwriter, after all. But he's taking a backseat to Scarlett now (And I don't like it!)

All in all I loved the show. Hoping they do the same kind of sweet, romantic stuff with Juliette and Avery....... At home - not at the church. Avery can't kiss the back of Juliette's neck at the church.
Old 02-11-2017, 08:47 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily2003 (View Post)
Another episode I haven't watched yet. Still haven't watched 506 either. I hate to say that I'm kinda over Nashville. #504 broke my heart and #505 offended me so much that I'm still upset about it. It isn't #418 but it's pretty close. I'm also over those on Twitter who think the show is all rainbows and puppies and that all the Nashies love the show. NOPE!!

It's heartbreaking that this isn't the Nashville we fought to save and Marshall/Ed aren't the saviors we thought they would be. Is it better than S4? It is getting harder to say yes.

Just my two cents as always. I'll try to catch up and watch 506, 507 and 508 next Thursday. It may take copious amounts of wine
What you said is exactly why they're gonna have a big problem...soon. If things go as expected, the fans they need are gonna be gone because they've lost interest in the show since we don't get an equal amount of screentime and the time we do get is badly misused. This Maddie situation should never ever have happened - although I do really like Clay and almost want to trade Maddie for him.

Everything you listed with the problems of the show is true and what you said about the Twitter fans is true as well. I think 505 is really when the wheels started falling off. Up until that time we were patient enough (I was at least) to wait and see how this thing would go. Giving Maddie that much screen time was like a kick in the teeth. From that point on it became apparent that they're not headed in a direction we want to go in.

Gunnar is barely recognizable. Will is a footnote (and I love the Norman Bates reference). This stuff with Scarlett and this Damien idiot is disgusting.

The thing is, if we're feeling this way and we've been obsessed enough with the show to seek out spoilers and forums and write fanfic and make videos, how in the world does the average viewer feel? The average Javery fan is probably hanging on by a thread right now. God help you if you had hope for Scarlett and Gunnar after years of them being apart.

The only fans with nothing to complain about right now are either Lennon's fans or Deyna fans.

They can't tweet and reassure us that next week will be better and just hope and pray that we'll keep tuning in. Folks are going to start dropping off. Period. Especially ones that don't have CMT and have to pay to watch.

At this point I don't even believe them. Oh, I think they got the message recently, but for the episodes that have already been filmed I expect the pattern to stay the same. Lots of Maddie, Deyna and everybody else fighting for scraps.

ETA: I really believe they thought the fandom was monolithic. We were all huge Deyna fans and as long as Rayna was on the screen, we'd deal with the other co-lead/characters being heavily sidelined for episode after episode. How wrong they were. The Deyna fans may have the loudest voice on Twitter but everywhere I look people are complaining about being bored and asking the same question - even in reviews. Where's Juliette? Another episode with no Avery or Will? Yeah. Bad decisions all around.
Old 02-11-2017, 09:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily2003 (View Post)

1) If you are a D/R fan, yes it's rainbows and puppies. A+
2) Too little J/A and not enough dealing with their past issues. B-
3) Way too much M/C. C-
4) Will is unlikable and unwatchable. The break up with Kevin was awful and he's been reduced to a prop for Zach "Norman Bates Jr." Welles. F
5) S/G...(sigh)...where to start. Gunnar has been reduced to a coat rack. He just stands around not contributing much. As a woman, I find Scarlett's story line disgusting and think it sends a horrible message to young women and particularly young female artists. Apparently it is okay to demean, verbally abuse and humiliate a woman in front of a room full of people. Damien could have been nurturing and patient with Scarlett allowing her to achieve the same result in a safe environment but instead the writer's chose abuse. I have a really big problem with that. Z- to infinity and beyond.

I agree Lily.

The twitter and facebook (yes those people attacking fans of J/A, S/G and W/K for not being happy posted there too) is making the situation even worst. It's not fun at all to be told by others to just shut up and be happy even though you are handed crap and that Marshall making that tweet was because people were being childish.... If he felt the need to answer it's because he had to because people are jumping off this train and not just one particular fanbase. And the same goes for the nonsense of one particular fanbase being the reason for the drop in ratings... nope that stand on the writers. They choose to give Maddie all this airtime that could have been given to Chris, JJ or Hayden or even all three. They chose to make these major characters changes. And the one main argument that I am seing thrown around is that it's better than season 4 so we have no reason to complain. I'm sorry better for who exactly?

For fans of : Chris who went from a season of having to act out : Being reject for being gay, losing his record deal, having a break up with his first love, forming a friendship with Avery, bonding with Cadence, learning to songwrite, his mom's funeral, getting accept by his dad, getting his deal back, getting the man he loved back and putting Cynthia in her place to season 5 where Will's storyline is dropping his first love after finally getting him back to be eyed by every gay men and.... oh yeah that's it.

For fans of : Gunnar actually had a point of view in season 4. Who was there for his friends Avery and Will when their world came crashing down. Who was in a love triangle with Caleb/Scarlett, got decent duets, had scenes with Zoey when she visited (for Bev's funeral) for closure, had a fling with Erin, reconnected with Scarlett, the exes blowing up, to having a fling with Autumn and actually got to sing with Elton John.... to season 5 where he is suddenly the slept with half the town cheater who has the POV of... wait he has no POV. Having a love interest who blames him from everything under the sun who cheats on him but he can't react, he has to grow up.

For fans of : Scarlett who had to deal with the lost of a mother, issues with Deacon and reconnecting with him. Getting a haircut. Having a career blow up, having a relationship with a doctor and exploring the difference of lives. To trying to get Gunnar to having him back and getting him back in 421. To season 5 being an unhappy miserable cheater who blames the man she supposedly was in love with as of 421 like he is dirt at the bottom of her shoe. Oh ETA and gets to fall for a guy who was abusive to her at work.

So for W/K fans and S/G fans same as their individuals fans.

Moving on to fans of : Emily, Glenn, Noel and Layla who either now never existed or barely. And are reduced in the first two cases to one aspect of their lives. Glenn is just a simple manager instead Juliette's father figure and Emily is just the driver instead of the J/A confident.

Moving to J/A.... sure season 4 was worst for them. But then again being locked in seperate closets for 22 episodes, would be better than the crap that was season 4. Doesn't mean it's good.

So really that only leaves one ship and their children who have it way better than season 4. And will that even last?

So I should be happy about this? ok.

Last edited by jbshmdfb; 02-11-2017 at 11:41 PM Reason: fixing some typos
Old 02-11-2017, 11:28 PM
Master Fan

Im still trying to watch the show objectively, beyond ships,...and it's boring. I'm not saying all the scenes are bad, some scenes are great and some of the writing is meaty and well done but overall the episodes have an overall,...meh factor. There's no grand scenes like there used to be. I don't think I've felt my heart drop, or jump or anything. There's cute moments and there's touching moments but I want to feel something in my gut! I'm trying to think of a good example. For instance the scene before Juliette sang Dirt at the Opry. And she did her little speech before! YES! Avery starts playing the guitar while she's still giving it to them! Glen is laughing! Yes! I felt that! I want some punch! It's an OMG moment without being soapy dramatic. I want scenes that get me excited and I have just been coasting this season. I haven't really perked up for anything. Does that make any sense?
Old 02-12-2017, 01:17 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hell im Deyna all the way and I think they've massively cocked up. They're badly going to need the other ships fans in a couple of weeks and instead of cultivating and balancing the show so they didn't get disillusioned and fed up they decided to make it the Maddie show instead. I've never wanted just Deyna on the show: my favourite relationship has always been Rayna and Juliette, I reallly hoped that's what we'd get this season, but if what we think will happen does then that's vanishingly unlikely. But the show needs the main 6 and people like Glenn, Emily, Bucky etc to work. Soon that might be impossible and the show has already suffered this season by pushing people too far forward to the detriment of others.