Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-29-2014, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

"How Far Down Can I Go" (3x02) Episode Discussion Thread: Airs October 1, 2014.

"How Far Down Can I Go" (3x02)
Episode Discussion Thread

Air Date: October 1, 2014 at 10 pm EST on ABC

Episode Description:

RAYNA AMPS UP PROMOTION ON HER ALBUM WHILE JULIETTE FACES A
PERSONAL CROSSROAD, ON “NASHVILLE” ON ABC

Laura Benanti to Begin Recurring Role, Country Music Superstar Luke Bryan and
“Good Morning America” News Anchor Amy Robach to Guest Star as Themselves

“How Far Down Can I Go” – After Will’s debut album bumps Rayna’s to second place, she’s more determined than ever to make Highway 65 and her record a hit. In turn, she decides to pursue some new and unexpected opportunities for publicity, including a visit to “Good Morning America” where her friend Luke Bryan surprises her on stage. Layla becomes especially disgruntled about her fleeting career and pressures her husband Will, Edgehill Records’ new #1 artist, to help her rebuild it. Meanwhile, Juliette deals with some life-changing news and prepares for a big audition, where she runs into some familiar competition. Then later, Maddie continues to act out while Deacon deals with the brunt of her adolescence, and Zoey becomes paranoid about Gunnar’s past with Scarlett. Her suspicions are only heightened when she finds them collaborating again on a new song, on “Nashville,” WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 1 (10:00-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

“Nashville” stars Connie Britton as Rayna Jaymes, Hayden Panettiere as Juliette Barnes, Clare Bowen as Scarlett O’Connor, Chris Carmack as Will Lexington, Will Chase as Luke Wheeler, Eric Close as Teddy Conrad, Charles Esten as Deacon Claybourne, Oliver Hudson as Jeff Fordham, Jonathan Jackson as Avery Barkley, Sam Palladio as Gunnar Scott, Maisy Stella as Daphne Conrad and Lennon Stella as Maddie Conrad.

Guest starring are Judith Hoag as Tandy Hampton, Chaley Rose as Zoey Dalton, Aubrey Peeples as Layla Grant, David Alford as Bucky Dawes, Kourtney Hansen as Emily, Laura Benanti as Sadie Stone, Amy Robach as herself and Luke Bryan as himself.

“How Far Down Can I Go” was written by Meredith Lavender and Marcie Ulin and directed by Mario Van Peebles.

RULES:
1. Remember that people may be fans of certain characters/ships/actors, so take that into consideration when discussing!
2. We know you won't like everything about the episode, but try and be constructive when you are critiquing something.
3. No talk of illegal downloading. Please use PMs for links to live streams and such.
4. Remember, everything is a spoiler until the show airs on TV.
5. Thank you, and enjoy the episode!
Old 09-30-2014, 09:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

New episode
though now I work I don't know when I will watch it

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
boston | los angeles | ♡ Candice |icon by summer falls
Old 09-30-2014, 02:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

new ep!

thanks tammi!

icon: tumblr |B
Old 09-30-2014, 11:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm excited to see how Juliette will handle this storyline!

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
Old 10-01-2014, 04:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Nashville tonight guys!!!
Old 10-01-2014, 07:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Tomorrow night

Old 10-01-2014, 08:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm so excited to see this episode

plus Luke Bryan on the episode tonight!
Old 10-01-2014, 11:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm so sick that I forgot for a second this was on tonight.

Can't wait!
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 10-01-2014, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

it looks like its gonna be a great ep!
Old 10-01-2014, 04:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

Is it 10 yet???? Toooooo excited
Old 10-01-2014, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

almost time
Old 10-01-2014, 09:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

So this episode was much better than the premiere imo:

- Rayna getting a new office for Highway 65! But still Luke talk taints it.
- Gunnar asking Zoey to move in, and her agreeing out of jealousy. Meh.
- Juliette unable to hear Don't Put Dirt! HAHAHA
- Tandy leaving was actually sadder than I thought. Mainly because can we talk about the fact that Rayna was allowed to talk about her past this episode YES
- Layla is so utterly irrelevant to me I can't. Poor Will.
- the "do you have a problem with women?" how many times have I said Jeff is gay! or at least bi. I'm telling you this will happen lol.

My favorite part of the episode was the fact that the waitress thought Zoey and Avery were dating. I AM HERE FOR THIS!!!!!!!!

Jk. I should be a good girl and say my fav part of the episode was the Javery fight (goooo JJ and Hayden!) and the fact that uh, idk. Avery is the father of Juliette's baby? LOL.
Old 10-02-2014, 12:47 AM
Master Fan

overall it was meh

-Really liked the Rayna/Tandy scenes and getting some more backstory details there
-The Deacon and Maddie scenes hurt
-Rayna actually running her label was good
-JA fight was very good

otherwise meh

-Liked SG singing together again but sooo not interested in a triangle
- I have zero interest in this Will/Layla mess and have zero sympathy for either of them at the moment
-Luke is gross. His song is gross. That comment about how Rayna could just sit home and be Mrs. Luke Wheeler was gross. Being all lol jk afterwards doesn't make it any less gross. And he and Rayna still painfully lack chemistry. And so not interested in watching Rayna get sucked into Luke's cheap, gross, tacky style of stardom
- So not interested in the Patsy movie
Sarah [youtube]
Old 10-02-2014, 03:33 AM
Addicted Fan

Good :

- S/G duet, S/G writing together again.
- Juliette in general (since season 2, she's the saving grace of every episode.)
- J/A fight.
- Maddie/Deacon scenes.

Bad, horribly bad, UNWATCHABLE :

- Everything Luke related : song, Mrs Wheeler comment, attitude towards Deacon,... EVERYTHING.
- Rayna becoming like Luke. Rayna who is not even slightly conflicted anymore about sacrificing time with her daughters for her career. Rayna who is supposed to run a label and who is so naive about how this business works nowadays. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO THIS CHARACTER ?
- Sad Deacon. The way D/R are written now is plain horrible.

We're all watching for different reasons. For me, this is not the show I used to love anymore. I'm giving up until we get spoilers which convince me otherwise.
Old 10-02-2014, 03:42 AM
Extreme Fan

I'm so glad I didn't even watch this one.