Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-06-2017, 09:15 AM
Master Fan

"Fire and Rain" (5x11) Episode Discussion Thread: Airs March 9th, 2017

"Fire and Rain" (5x11)
Episode Discussion Thread

Air Date: March 9th, 2017 at 9 pm EST on CMT

Episode Description:

Juliette helps Maddie navigate the wave of attention she receives after her performance at the CMT Music Awards. Zach demands the masters from Rayna and Deacon’s unfinished album.

RULES:
1. Remember that people may be fans of certain characters/ships/actors, so take that into consideration when discussing!
2. We know you won't like everything about the episode, but try and be constructive when you are critiquing something.
3. No talk of illegal downloading. Please use PMs for links to live streams and such.
4. Remember, everything is a spoiler until the show airs on TV.
5. Thank you, and enjoy the episode!
Sarah [youtube]
Old 03-07-2017, 12:17 AM
Total Fan

TFTNT, Sarah!!!!
Old 03-09-2017, 04:52 PM
Master Fan

After the show airs i'll be interesting in chatting. If anyone else is... Chatzy - Nashville chat that's where i'll be
Old 03-09-2017, 07:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

I'm not watching right now but read on twitter that JUliette wants to be manager for Maddie? Does this mean she is now the new glenn or bucky on the show? The side character that every now and then appears and gives some advice. Gues she will also never sing anymore thne or fisnish her album.
Gosh I wish hayden would try to say no to this. But after all unlike connie she is not producer and hence has no say. My only hope is she leaves that show and I (and all other javery fans) don't have to suffer from this ordeal much longer.
Old 03-09-2017, 08:13 PM
Master Fan

So I ended up watching the episode live, big mistake.

Here are my issues with Maddieville because yes that is what it now is :

First Scarlett..... seriously being a judgemental anything right now..... you don't get to judge Juliette's past when you are putting Gunnar through crap at the present time. If the writers were planning to make me hate Scarlett more than I already did this season, mission accomplish.

Second issue... too much Maddie. Stop it Marshall, this is insanity.

Third issue too much Zach. He isn't a main cast, I don't need to know more about him than everyone else.

Fourth issue. Juliette becoming Maddie's manager... how about NO.

Fifth issue Juliette obsessing over Maddie's career after what she went through last season makes no sense, I get she feels like she needs to repay Rayna somehow but this is just crazy.

Final issue Jonathan Jackson is not a support or recurring cast, he is main cast, stop using him for only 2 mins an episode, it's insulting.

----

Now the good stuff. How they used Connie in the episode. I really loved how they did the song montage at the end with Connie on the screen dueting with everyone.

Scarlett and Juliette making up was good but come on, Scarlett should have apologize for being a judgemental... especially given the end. Seriously that is how you tell Gunnar you might be pregnant with his child... Juliette texting Avery was more sensitive.

Like the D/R stuff but some of it felt too much for me.

Loved Avery/Deacon. We need more of that friendship.

Loved everyone hugging each other in the last scene. Gunnar and Juliette even hugged
Old 03-09-2017, 08:56 PM
Loyal Fan

I actually liked this one. Could have done with a bit less Zach, I can't bring myself to care about his hurt feelings because Deacon's telling him "no." Loved the group effort at the end and the way they all came together with Rayna. Brilliant move on Avery's part. Nice to have the village step in when the family needs a hand.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:15 PM
Master Fan

What I liked:

I liked how it was a good ensemble episode.

I actually loved Juliette and Scarlett drama because they don't interact much. That said, WOOF, Scarlett judging Juliette? HA! Maybe she wants those cousins of hers to think she's a saint but she is far from it.

I really liked how they brought Rayna into the episode.

I didn't mind Maddie that much which is shocking. I don't know what it was, maybe that Deacon was loving on her so much. I didn't find her as bratty as usual. She was good with Daphne and I did feel bad when Juliette was pushing her. Though I hope Manager Juliette is something to be left in the past. She's the star not the management.

What I didn't like:

Scarlett giving Daphne that back handed compliment about how people loving young attractive women. I understand where she was going but it sounded so bad when she first said it. I cringed.

Zach,....you can see what they're trying to do with Zach and it's driving me nuts. They want him to be a regular so bad and it's just too obvious.

Scarlett talking in a monotone and folding laundry everywhere. GO HOME! omg it was just annoying to me lol and what was that ending?! no emotion at all. Her, "I honestly don't know," was literally like she was saying, "how dare you ask that, peasant" C'MON! her edges can soften around him any day now.

I thought there could have been alot more Javery interactions. It felt weird that they didn't show much considering he was talking about a man that just lost the love of his life. And Juliette wanting to rush off with Maddie? Since when does she want to manage? her character is off this season, she keeps wanting to start projects but is never interested in herself
Old 03-09-2017, 09:24 PM
Loyal Fan

This was a GREAT episode. Juliette looked AMAZING! Zach can go now. Maybe that album will give him money and he'll leave...I know yeah right. Everyone coming together was so sweet. I cried less thats a plus. I swear if Gunner and Scarlett have an opposite storyline than D/R I'll freak, why do I have a feeling that dip poop will be the father. The scenes for the rest of the season looked good too. Looks like there is a new bratty Maddie in town and I'm not excited for that. Realistic maybe but I always liked Daphne and don't want her to be a "teenager" probably not going to happen. Looks like Juliette finishes her album even though it doesn't look like it did well. Well if its gospel maybe she'll come back with vengeance country style and kill it! Who knows. I liked this episode. All of them together like that made me happy. Rayna would be proud!

Honestly what is wrong with Scarlett, I'm rewatching Nashville from the beginning. I'm up to Season 3 now and Scarlett used to be so sweet now she's annoying and frigid, cold. Poor gunner seriously. I loved loved the Deacon/Avery scene...definitely needs to be more of that. And before they all came together was Avery the only man of reason GEEZ. They are asking a man who has sang with his best friend/lover/now wife for 2 decades who just died and they want him to sing with her. Thank you Avery for having some brains!

Dylan Bren
https://www.youtube.com/c/DylanLovesBrenda
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1734518/NikkylovesBD

Last edited by Nikkycoly; 03-09-2017 at 09:37 PM Reason: added stuff
Old 03-09-2017, 09:27 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm not even done watching but this is my last episode. I'm done. It's ruined. I did see that the same writer who wrote 505 did this one. Seems fitting. This show is complete ****. And lastly, Maddie is a crappy daughter, sister and all around person.

Enjoy Maddieville.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:52 PM
Loyal Fan

I started crying when Juliette said she'd manage Maddiel Is this what the show has come to: Juiette managing a teen instead of worrying about her own career? Obviously this has become the Maddie show, and I can't watch that. J&A, a divorced couple, start wearing their wedding rings, and that doesn't even garner a mention!?!!!!!

This is not the Nashville I fell in love with. Not even close.

Last edited by Crystal222; 03-10-2017 at 07:02 AM
Old 03-09-2017, 09:56 PM
Loyal Fan

But the previews show Juliette worrying plenty about her own career - about the reaction to her gospel album, and they show her performing again. It looked like she was trying to help guide Maddie's career, not be her Glenn or Bucky.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemgo3165 (View Post)
But the previews show Juliette worrying plenty about her own career - about the reaction to her gospel album, and they show her performing again. It looked like she was trying to help guide Maddie's career, not be her Glenn or Bucky.
I didn't see the previews just the trailer thing they showed with the two new girls cast annoncement but at least they are still having Juliette have a career. No clue what they are doing with Avery aside from two minutes an episode of being the perfect human.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:10 PM
Loyal Fan

Yes she was Juliette in the previews, with her "people" reading the review of her album. Musically I meant like old times, at least from what i saw. You know what happens when Juliette gets kicked down...just sayin

"Don't put dirt on her grave just yet"

She looked so gorgeous in this episode though. Hot damn!

Dylan Bren
https://www.youtube.com/c/DylanLovesBrenda
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1734518/NikkylovesBD
Old 03-09-2017, 10:12 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm just so sad. J&A have become background players. I hope the actors can move onto other things.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:21 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal222 (View Post)
I'm just so sad. J&A have become background players. I hope the actors can move onto other things.
That's all we can hope for at this point.