Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-27-2016, 01:36 PM
Dedicated Fan

Funny radio interview. They interview Deacon!

Nashville’s Deacon Claybourne Visits Cadillac and Dallas | KICKS 101.5 | WKHX-FM
Old 04-28-2016, 09:22 PM
Master Fan

^ I love when interviewers are actually fans of the show

Sarah [youtube]
Old 04-29-2016, 09:12 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerp (View Post)
I thought it was a bit awkward though, the interview has a funny tone so I was surprised with the seriousness of the question. I hate that scene in 3x01, I'm happy about the way Chip answered.

Don't like what they're doing to Deacon this season with the anger thing, I miss earlier seasons' Deacon.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:23 AM
Master Fan

It's not as if this is a new issue with Deacon. Five episodes in he spent the night in jail for fighting with hecklers. But the way to address it was not with this emancipation mess
Sarah [youtube]
Old 04-29-2016, 09:28 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapbubbles511 (View Post)
It's not as if this is a new issue with Deacon. Five episodes in he spent the night in jail for fighting with hecklers. But the way to address it was not with this emancipation mess
But that was completely different. And it was once. This season, they make it sound like he constantly has to contain his rage or something. I hate it.
Old 04-29-2016, 10:05 AM
Master Fan

Was it really different? And the first time he smashed stuff because he was upset was also S1. And in a lot of crappy situations but he's surely punched more people than anyone else on the show. This story sucks but this has been a recurring issue with him since the start, they just never addressed it as such until they came up with this Maddie being scared of him mess. Maddie's reaction is way disproportionate to what he's actually done but he really should avoid hitting people no matter the situation
Sarah [youtube]
Old 04-29-2016, 11:54 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Was it really different? And the first time he smashed stuff because he was upset was also S1. And in a lot of crappy situations but he's surely punched more people than anyone else on the show. This story sucks but this has been a recurring issue with him since the start, they just never addressed it as such until they came up with this Maddie being scared of him mess. Maddie's reaction is way disproportionate to what he's actually done but he really should avoid hitting people no matter the situation
S1 definitely let us know that he has anger management issues. But it seemed to me to have gotten better of late. Sure, he's hit people since S1, but primarily when provoked, like when Luke made his snarky comment about Rayna after the wedding was called off, or when Teddy stole Megan from him. I thought he had calmed down quite a bit to be honest and I was actually kind of proud of him for recognizing the anger welling up inside and taking himself out of the house and away from the girls before he went too far. That and seeking out a meeting and his sponsor after it happened. To me that showed SOME growth and self-awareness. And I didn't have an issue with him hitting that paparazzo or pulling Maddie off stage, both read as reasonable, if a tad hot-headed, reactions to me. Certainly not in the realm of someone who needs to be kept away from the children.
Old 04-29-2016, 12:44 PM
Loyal Fan

Regarding Maddie's court testimony: I hope Rayna's attorney takes everyone of those examples that Maddie gave, and puts them in some perspective.

You wouldn't have been pulled off the stage, kiddo, if you hadn't lied to your Dad's face, about where you were going, what you were doing. If you hadn't snuck into a bar, that you were 5 years too young to be in!

And who is this attorney, that Cash came up with? Unless you had good reason to believe, the minor was in some genuine danger, being in her parents home, what ethical attorney, wouldn't suggest meeting with her parents, to see, if things could be worked out. It can be a mighty cold world out there, for a naive, sheltered 16 year old, who has no experience. Being on her own.

If Maddie says, yes, she's had reason to be personally afraid of Deacon, that's going to be the worst. How do you come back from that?
Old 04-29-2016, 01:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemgo3165 (View Post)
S1 definitely let us know that he has anger management issues. But it seemed to me to have gotten better of late. Sure, he's hit people since S1, but primarily when provoked, like when Luke made his snarky comment about Rayna after the wedding was called off, or when Teddy stole Megan from him. I thought he had calmed down quite a bit to be honest and I was actually kind of proud of him for recognizing the anger welling up inside and taking himself out of the house and away from the girls before he went too far. That and seeking out a meeting and his sponsor after it happened. To me that showed SOME growth and self-awareness. And I didn't have an issue with him hitting that paparazzo or pulling Maddie off stage, both read as reasonable, if a tad hot-headed, reactions to me. Certainly not in the realm of someone who needs to be kept away from the children.
Yeah, he's trying to be better about it. Maddie's reaction is just so far beyond reasonable for what he's actually done. Rayna and Teddy both said they would have probably dragged her ass offstage in that club too. It was not a crazy over the top reaction from a parent finding out their teenager is lying to them to sneak into bars.

I'm not against them addressing this issue. Not even against Maddie being upset about it. But it should be upset to the point where they had a conversation about it not to the point where she's taking them to court. And then of course there's Cash who is bent on making everything worse
Sarah [youtube]
Old 04-29-2016, 02:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Yeah, he's trying to be better about it. Maddie's reaction is just so far beyond reasonable for what he's actually done. Rayna and Teddy both said they would have probably dragged her ass offstage in that club too. It was not a crazy over the top reaction from a parent finding out their teenager is lying to them to sneak into bars.

I'm not against them addressing this issue. Not even against Maddie being upset about it. But it should be upset to the point where they had a conversation about it not to the point where she's taking them to court. And then of course there's Cash who is bent on making everything worse
And yet it's not even why she's taking them to court. His response to her at the bar may have been the straw the broke the camel's back, but she says she's going to court to pursue her career.

I wouldn't be against it either were it really still an issue. Say if she had brought up what she saw at the house at the time that she saw it, then I would buy her being upset about the incident and would buy a discussion between her, Deacon and Rayna about what had happened. But we're a long way down that road now and it just doesn't make sense.
Old 04-29-2016, 05:10 PM
Loyal Fan

This Maddie emancipation storyline is so over the top, there are no words!

As much as I hate the storyline, and how unlikeable it makes Maddie, I do wish the writers would have given us Rayna and Deacon, doing a better job of communicating with the girls, before the wedding.

Maddie and Daphne have been thru a lot of turmoil and changes, in the last three years, in all fairness, and they are kids.

After Rayna accepted Deacon's proposal, it would have been a great time to have a family sit down. Ray and Deke could have let the girls know they wanted to hear how they felt about a marriage, about really becoming a family. Did they have doubts, questions, concerns, etc. that needed to be talked about, before going forward.

Of course, that involves communication, which this show isn't a champ at
Old 04-29-2016, 05:22 PM
Master Fan

And the show is also awful at pacing. We get proposal and then big time jump to right before the wedding. So the show just skips over the parts where characters actually have time to process all the soapy drama happens. They do that a lot. Several episodes that all take place within the span of a week and then jumps ahead.
Sarah [youtube]
Old 04-29-2016, 06:31 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
And the show is also awful at pacing. We get proposal and then big time jump to right before the wedding. So the show just skips over the parts where characters actually have time to process all the soapy drama happens. They do that a lot. Several episodes that all take place within the span of a week and then jumps ahead.
Yes, I'm wondering how much time has elapsed since Juliette got out of treatment.
Old 04-29-2016, 07:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville fan (View Post)
Yes, I'm wondering how much time has elapsed since Juliette got out of treatment.
A little over a week or so

When SG signed onto Autumn's tour in 414 they said they were starting the tour in 3 days. So that would make 415 3 days later. 416 started on the same day and then was mostly the next day. In 415 Daphne said the benefit in 417 was next week. And Scarlett said to Gunnar last episode that they'd been joined at the hip for the past 4 days (since they started the tour?). So yeah, a bunch of episodes all crammed into a short amount of time

And it won't get better. When DR got the papers for Maddie's court date it was for 48 hours later
Sarah [youtube]
Old 04-29-2016, 07:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

Deacon Claybourne: Ford Spokesman!

Upon rewatch, I just realized the pretty shameless Ford truck promotion in the scene where he arrives at the venue. He calls the guys over to get the equipment and the camera focuses on the Ford logo as the door lowers. Then he opens it up and mentions the cool new feature his truck has-- the light in the truck bed to help them see! That scene literally served no purpose except promoting a hot, new Ford truck. Well, that's not true-- we did get to hear him refer to Daphne's guitar as "his daughter's." I just found it hilarious. Surprised I didn't notice it the first time around!