Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-23-2016, 02:19 PM
Addicted Fan

#BringBackNashville campaign

Update
The "Renew Nashville campaign / What you want to see in season 5!" thread is becoming the

#BringBackNashville campaign

Petition
Renew Nashville for season 5 | change.org

News
‘Nashville’: #BringBackNashville Movement Is Growing | Deadline
Lionsgate Standing Strongly Behind ‘Nashville’ | Deadline
'Nashville' series finale cliffhanger: Could it help #BringBackNashville? | EW.com
Can ‘Nashville’ Be Saved? Lionsgate Says Networks & Cast Interested in Season 5 | Variety
'Nashville' Finale Explained; Season Five - Hollywood Reporter

Vote and comment
TV Graveyard 2016: What Shows Could Netflix Revive? - Whats On Netflix
TV Cancellations 2016: ‘Castle,’ ‘Nashville’ and 10 More Cancelled | TVLine
Which Recently Canceled TV Series Most-Deserves Another Season? VOTE | People's Choice

"With an average of 4 million viewers (and an above-average ratio
of DVR and on-demand viewers), the show makes a perfect acquisition target
for an outlet like Netflix or Hulu – or even Amazon
. Many shows (often with
fewer viewers) have found a second life after being dropped by a network,
including Mindy Kaling’s The Mindy Project which moved from Fox to Hulu
after three seasons." – Forbes

[x]

Last edited by Heart of Rhythm; 05-27-2016 at 12:48 PM
Old 04-23-2016, 02:39 PM
Master Fan

I really really want the new show runners to get a chance to turn this show around

Main things I want for S5

- Get back to focusing on the main cast for both stories and songs. No more randoms!
- Get back to focusing on the music. The music should be driving the stories and not taking a backseat to unnecessary drama (DR tour please!)
- More interaction with the main cast. Rayna/Juliette, Deacon/Juliette, Deacon/Scarlett, Will/Gunnar etc etc
Sarah [youtube]
Old 04-23-2016, 03:03 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yes, yes, DR tour! DR writing/recording music.

Maddie has a personality transplant.

Much more music by characters we care about.
Old 04-23-2016, 03:23 PM
Master Fan

This show deserves to finally live to its potential.

I apologize for the novel I am about to write

My main wishes are ( I will try to be as positive as possible, basically saying what I want fix to make it my fav series again) :

No more isolating the main cast with randoms of the week. Rayna, Deacon, Juliette, Avery, Gunnar, Scarlett and Will have all rich friendships that are barely explored anymore. It's time to have Rayna, Deacon and Juliette interact just as much as they did in season1. They use to sing and cowrite and tour together. That was awesome.

Have the main cast have the songs. Avery in season 1 used to have a musical career. Now we are suppose to believe that he has to take randoms gigs to pay the bills when he has all these high profile musicians as friends.

Have the cast perform together for fun. ZAG+Deacon, Juliette/Avery street singing in s2, Daphne/Maddie/Deacon singing at his house, Scarlett/Deacon singing at the piano... Bring that back.

No more real life diseases. PPD, Cancer, addiction etc were all badly represented and the show so depressing. Bring back the fun Bring back silly moments like Deacon/Avery with Juliette hiding under the bed or S/A/G road trip.

Cut the characters. There are enough with Will, Gunnar, Rayna, Juliette, Scarlett, Deacon, Avery, Glenn, Emily, Noel, Bucky, Daphne, Maddie (fix her please) and Cadence to give us the stories fans have been dying to see in ages. When a character has run their course, don't bring 100 randoms to make it have a story, their time is done, give them closure and go.

Remember the history. A lot of things have happen on this show that has had no follow up. Still wondering where Watty and Brent are.

Be realistic. S1 was so much more believable in terms of what was possible in the music business. Now it's grey's anatomy finale disaster everyweek in terms of unbelivable, if I wanted to see that I would watch that show, not Nashville.

Give character big payoff. Aside from D/R getting a big wedding (that too had drama with the Maddie storyline) there has been so little of that. For example, J/A had a 1 min mariage with no honeymoon and as soon as Hayden was back from maternity leave they were already being torn apart by a disease. Give me happy happy moments.

No more triangles this series has had too many. The fans have made it clear they want together and there has been stalling for 4 seasons. Build those couples back up if they are apart and give them moments that make the fans remember why they invested so much in the first place. As for the ones that are still single, it is possible to give them new age appropriate love interest if you have to keep those characters around. But in my opinion those characters can easily go. That said could go for Emily/Luke or something.

More Kevin. I love that character with Will, make him heavy recurring or as recurring as possible with the actor's Schedule.

No more OOC moments. For example Luke never wanted to run a music business when we met him, making him a label head to keep him around was just weird. Other example everything Avery has been doing in s4B. The guy would never take a single look at the woman who tried to destroy Juliette in s2. And he has never been a coward/user. Nor would be ever produce a Jeff was all that album.

Let characters grow. Nothing like seeing the evolution of a characters through out series. A lot of them have regressed since season 1.

Just more performance. Is Deacon still with his label? It's been so long since he was on tour I barely remember.

Give Will a story that has nothing to do with being a gay singer. Every storyline he has had since s2 has been his gay struggle. I want to see him have fun. Does Will want kids? Give the man some love instead of hate.

Instead of introducing and keep characters that the audience can't connect with, let us know more about the heavy recurring characters that have been here since s1. I would love to know more about the personal life of Bucky, Glenn, Emily and Noel since they are big part of major stars lives. Do these people have time to date?

I am sure I have more to say but that is it for now
Old 04-24-2016, 06:49 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'd like to see more focus on the stories. I'd like longer scenes, like in S1, so that we understand character's motivations. I'd like to not have so many different stories going on in the same episode. It's jarring and it results in not being able to be invested in any one thing.

I'd like for the new showrunners to develop a backstory for the characters and then stick with it. They could start with what was presented in S1, since I think most fans see that as canon and not all the other nonsense modifications that have happened since then. Someone is actually writing a fan fic that starts off with "I know Rayna met Deacon and Beverly in Mississippi because the writers told us that" and it makes me want to scream.

I do have some other wishes, but I know others don't share them, so I won't share here.
Old 04-24-2016, 10:19 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
I apologize for the novel I am about to write
I enjoyed volume 1, I would definitely read volume 2.

Next Twitter session on Monday.
Old 04-24-2016, 11:48 AM
Dedicated Fan

Thank you for this thread. I've been hoping for it.

What I would like to see in Season 5 would be a focus on the 4 couples. I think it would be interesting because each of them are in different phases of their relationships.

D/R: Obviously they are the older, mature couple with years of history together. I'd like to see a focus on work/life/balance with them. First, collaborating on music. Writing, touring, finding new talent. It would be fun to have up and coming Nashville country artists sing songs at Deacon's bar (sorry still can't bring myself to type the name). Have Deacon scoping out new talent for Rayna's label. Writing a new album together then going on tour. They need to completely retcon Maddie then get her back singing with Daphne. Have them make that album with D/R's help then they can all go on tour together. And more romance!! Just because they are older and mature does not mean boring. No randoms except for some guest appearances by country artists. And more Bucky.

J/A: Would like to see these two focus on rebuilding their relationship and spending time with Cadence. They should culminate in a proper wedding just like D/R (without the drama). Avery should be Juliette's producer/band leader. Again, more romance no randoms and more music. Just Glenn and Emily and Cadence allowed.

S/G: Finally stop the on-again/off-again merry-go-round. Just put them together and be done. Would like to see these two figure out how to make a relationship work as they become more popular with their music and are more in the limelight. Deal with the pressures of all that with the ups and downs but ultimately remain together and get through it. Plenty of drama potential there without pulling them apart and throwing random girlfriend/boyfriends at them. More music, no randoms. Only Noel allowed.

W/K: Can we please have Will be happy for more than two seconds? Put him in this relationship and keep him there. New relationships are exciting and romantic. Lots of potential for misunderstandings and learning new things about each other. We don't really know much about Kevin. Flesh him out. These two should be writing songs for Will's next album. Maybe have them sing a duet together. KDM has an amazing voice - shame not to take advantage of that. Will being gay should be an undercurrent woven through his storylines but not the prime focus. Been there, done that, move on.

And yes to more interactions between the main cast. There are a lot of pairings that have great chemistry so take advantage of them.

Those should be the primary focus of Season 5 with maybe some of this:

Recurring Characters: Yes, let's know a little more about the core recurring characters that we know and love: Emily, Bucky, Glenn, Noel. Not big story lines but some filler stuff to move things along.

Layla: If Layla stays, keep her single. She needs to mature A LOT!!! Send her to counseling to figure out her issues and morph her into a strong, independent, kickass singer. That may be too tall an order but that's really the only thing that would make this character successful for me.

Luke: I actually like Luke. I think he is a nice counterpoint to Rayna. Bring in a strong female for him as a love interest who sticks around for more than two episodes. Maybe a TV Anchor Woman or Media Mogul. Someone high powered and strong who can keep him in his place. Luke gets sidetracked a lot. He needs someone to keep his moral compass pointing in the right direction.

WHEW!! Glad to have that off my chest finally
Old 04-24-2016, 04:13 PM
Extreme Fan

You've all said so much of what I have been thinking. I'd like to see more overviews of the city like we used to get in the beginning. I miss the great background music we used to have. I used to look those songs up and I've purchased a few of them just because of the show.

Seriously, pay attention to what fans, recaps and critics have been complaining about. It's not as if opinions have varied wildly. No one is happy with what's going on with Maddie. Please give Will a storyline that does not revolve around him being gay. Characters shouldn't devolve just to fit a storyline. More music focus, way less drama focus.

It's okay for people to be happy. It's okay. There are couples in the music industry that work together and are actually happy. People would like to see happiness that lasts more than one episode.

Stop the back and forth with Scarlett and Gunnar. Either they're going to be together or they're not. Stop playing around. And let them sing more often like they did in S1. Stop giving the songs to randoms. As a matter of fact, stop with the randoms.

Rayna and Juliette are the co-leads of this show. Perhaps they should interact more than twice a season.

For the love of everything, please stop with Layla. If she must stay on the show (why?) fix her. Keeping her character consistent is probably the first step. She can't be a villain one minute and then some poor, sweet innocent the next. And stop giving her all the songs.

If these showrunners take half of our suggestions we'll be in a much, much better place. I'd be willing to pretend S4 never happened.
Old 04-24-2016, 08:06 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup333 (View Post)
You've all said so much of what I have been thinking. I'd like to see more overviews of the city like we used to get in the beginning. I miss the great background music we used to have. I used to look those songs up and I've purchased a few of them just because of the show.

I agree. I always liked watching the different locations in Nashville, Tenn. That was fun! Nashville is an exciting town with lots of energy. You can feel it just by driving through it.
Old 04-24-2016, 11:06 PM
New Fan

What i really want for this show is for a revamp, that's the only way it can survive. I think this show is so far gone that it can't be save sometimes. Don't get me wrong i do want a season 5 and not just for a couple episode so they can make the100 mark, which leads them into syndication. Take away the soapyness away, soap shows don't survive in this day and ageof tv watching anymore, hence why there are only 4 soaps left in daytime and i don't think there is many if any on primetime. Leave couples happy (there is nothing wrong with that). Writer need to learn to be more creative when writing for couples, especially married couples without ALWAYS breaking them up or taking them through so much angst. I hear this alot about the show but they need to get back to the heart of the show, the music and the love stories that come with it. The core character need to be leading the s/l Rayna, Deacon, Juliette, Avery, Scarlett and Gunner. Everyone else should be supporting their stories. More Nashville musical guest that we know, actual country stars. More touring for the core characters, longer scenes and most of all BALANCE , balance the s\l with drama, music and family. The woman are the lead, showcase that more.Rayna and Juliette should be burning up the charts with songs and albums not Luke Wheeler, bring Juliette back to highway 65. Why is there two record label, one is all the show needs and a woman should be running that. 😉 This is Nashville not Hollywood, a teenager should not be running the show. This show needs to be taking from trashy soap back to Country music drama that the fan came to love. If you have to cut cast or cut back so be it. My hope is that the new showrunner, if the show is renew for a 5 season can go in and clean house and revamp the show for the better.

Last edited by cclark; 04-25-2016 at 01:19 PM
Old 04-25-2016, 12:25 PM
Addicted Fan

A lot of what's already been said, but in brief: season 1's magic + focus only on Rayna/Juliette/Deacon/Avery/Scarlett/Gunnar/Will & interactions between all these + longer scenes & time for real conversations + drama & music, NOT soap = I'll be the happiest fan.

Not going to mention Deacon/Rayna scenes because there are too many but here are a few other examples of some of my favorite scenes in S1:

- Juliette and her mom toward the end of 1x11, such a beautiful and powerful scene.
- Rayna and Liam's conversation in Liam's hotel bathroom in 1x13.
- Juliette and Deacon's friendship gave us so many great scenes.
- So many Rayna/Juliette scenes. Obviously their relationship has evolved now, but I wouldn't mind a little sass now and then.

Well, I could go on and on, so... just bring back the magic.
Old 04-25-2016, 12:56 PM
Extreme Fan

The return of Sadie Stone. I'd be so so down with Sadie/Luke.
Old 04-25-2016, 02:13 PM
Master Fan

Can't believe I forgot to include this but I want an occasion where the whole main cast sings a song together. Cast centric episodes have always been my favs and been dying for them to all sing together on the show.
Old 04-25-2016, 02:21 PM
Addicted Fan

Change of plans.

Last edited by Heart of Rhythm; 04-25-2016 at 02:56 PM
Old 04-27-2016, 09:34 AM
Addicted Fan

I'd like nice Maddie/Daphne moments again, Maddie being a real big sister to Daphne. It's been awhile, even way before the recent events.

Quote:
Have the cast perform together for fun. ZAG+Deacon, Juliette/Avery street singing in s2, Daphne/Maddie/Deacon singing at his house, Scarlett/Deacon singing at the piano... Bring that back.
Quote:
Can't believe I forgot to include this but I want an occasion where the whole main cast sings a song together. Cast centric episodes have always been my favs and been dying for them to all sing together on the show.
Yes and yes.