Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-01-2017, 12:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville fan (View Post)
Welllll, I can't agree with you about Rayna's story line. Yes, a lot of her airtime was with family and especially with Deacon. (I loved that time w/ Deacon so much; it was well-written, sweet and affectionate, and sexy.) But from the very beginning of Season 5, Rayna had a strong story apart from the others. I especially enjoyed Episode 1 where she went on the road trip alone to discover herself in the midst of real life (the panic attack on the plane before the trip and then rediscovering that old song, Wayfarin' Stranger, that had changed her life in childhood and now was impacting her as an adult.) And I know a lot of people didn't like the stalker arc, but I enjoyed it, especially the last scenes with the stalker and Rayna at HW65. Again, well-written material, and Connie's acting had never been better IMO. This is just the way I see it and nothing more, but I count Season 5 to be superior in every way for the character Rayna Jaymes, especially when compared with Season 4.
Well it was good start, but that soul-searching didn´t really had time to go anywhere before they killed her off.

And as for stalker without it being added right before crash and death it might have been good, but as it´s now she was broken and crying when hit by car and then after saying she has never been so scared she is killed.... Isn´t really a great ending for her story...

As for other parts of her story being taken down. Her last performance in Silicon valley with audience ignoring her and company being taken over by Zach...
Old 04-01-2017, 12:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceTear1 (View Post)
Well it was good start, but that soul-searching didn´t really had time to go anywhere before they killed her off.

And as for stalker without it being added right before crash and death it might have been good, but as it´s now she was broken and crying when hit by car and then after saying she has never been so scared she is killed.... Isn´t really a great ending for her story...

As for other parts of her story being taken down. Her last performance in Silicon valley with audience ignoring her and company being taken over by Zach...
her company being taken over by Zach only happened post-death. He basically gave her free money per her lawyer and she was able to get Luke's company get pretty much most of the main cast (Avery being the only one not in this) back to Hw65 and Luke admitted she was right to dump him. As for her last performance with her being ignored it didn't affect her career in any way. Her soul-searching lead to her final album being her love story with Deacon so I wouldn't say it didn't go anywhere. Of all the arcs of s5A, her arc is one of the last that I would say was bad or for nothing. Pretty much everyone else wins there. Will went from being in a relationship with a POV to no POV at all and propping Zach, Juliette's gospel journey will happen in the timejump and as per promos is a bust. Avery's journey went with the OOC of Juliette not liking his music out of nowhere and him being barely there aside from being a coat hanger and Gunnar has no POV anymore. Scarlett became unlikable. So really Rayna's arc while frustrating when you know the end result wasn't that bad. The rest....
Old 04-01-2017, 01:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
her company being taken over by Zach only happened post-death. He basically gave her free money per her lawyer and she was able to get Luke's company get pretty much most of the main cast (Avery being the only one not in this) back to Hw65 and Luke admitted she was right to dump him. As for her last performance with her being ignored it didn't affect her career in any way. Her soul-searching lead to her final album being her love story with Deacon so I wouldn't say it didn't go anywhere. Of all the arcs of s5A, her arc is one of the last that I would say was bad or for nothing. Pretty much everyone else wins there. Will went from being in a relationship with a POV to no POV at all and propping Zach, Juliette's gospel journey will happen in the timejump and as per promos is a bust. Avery's journey went with the OOC of Juliette not liking his music out of nowhere and him being barely there aside from being a coat hanger and Gunnar has no POV anymore. Scarlett became unlikable. So really Rayna's arc while frustrating when you know the end result wasn't that bad. The rest....
I don´t deny that rest had it even worse, but I wouldn´t say Rayna´s good either. As for story conclusion it was pretty bad...
Old 04-01-2017, 07:06 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
I don´t deny that rest had it even worse, but I wouldn´t say Rayna´s good either. As for story conclusion it was pretty bad...
Rayna's story conclusion was worse than "pretty bad." It was devastating.....unbelievably insensitive to Rayna fans (and everyone else who loves the show)......and Mind-numbing. I'm still in shock even after all these weeks and as much as I loved her, Rayna Jaymes wasn't even my favorite character. I understand the need to "kill" her off the show. IMO that was the only possible answer to Connie's leaving. She had to die. I get that....But did her death have to be so traumatic especially right after the stalker incident. And why another car accident? Why not have her die somehow during the altercation with the police at HW65. It could have still been an accident....Maybe Rayna steps in front of Carl and accidentally gets shot or falls on the knife....IDK, Just something other than another car accident. Or if it had to be an accident with a vehicle, maybe like she wasn't thinking from all the excitement and she stepped out in front of an on-going car. We've already gone through one 4-way stop intersection accident, now another intersection accident at a red-light. Just venting. Not anything we can do about it now. But I personally think it was poor writing.
Old 04-02-2017, 06:10 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville fan (View Post)
Rayna's story conclusion was worse than "pretty bad." It was devastating.....unbelievably insensitive to Rayna fans (and everyone else who loves the show)......and Mind-numbing. I'm still in shock even after all these weeks and as much as I loved her, Rayna Jaymes wasn't even my favorite character. I understand the need to "kill" her off the show. IMO that was the only possible answer to Connie's leaving. She had to die. I get that....But did her death have to be so traumatic especially right after the stalker incident. And why another car accident? Why not have her die somehow during the altercation with the police at HW65. It could have still been an accident....Maybe Rayna steps in front of Carl and accidentally gets shot or falls on the knife....IDK, Just something other than another car accident. Or if it had to be an accident with a vehicle, maybe like she wasn't thinking from all the excitement and she stepped out in front of an on-going car. We've already gone through one 4-way stop intersection accident, now another intersection accident at a red-light. Just venting. Not anything we can do about it now. But I personally think it was poor writing.
I agree with you, though I think there would have been ways to write her out alive also. Just to send her somewhere to recover and if not other explanations then amnesia or something Or even death could have been done at later point since Connie hadn´t set this timeline, but they wanted to do this split season thing...

Just trying not to vent too much anymore, since gotten so much get over it etc.. comments in last month. I just can´t never get over this, it pretty much tainted whole show for me Still can´t re-watch even good old episodes without almost crying.

Last edited by IceTear1; 04-02-2017 at 06:23 AM
Old 04-02-2017, 06:11 AM
Dedicated Fan

Sorry slow internet posted twice
Old 04-02-2017, 08:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
I agree with you, though I think there would have been ways to write her out alive also. Just to send her somewhere to recover and if not other explanations then amnesia or something Or even death could have been done at later point since Connie hadn´t set this timeline, but they wanted to do this split season thing...

Just trying not to vent too much anymore, since gotten so much get over it etc.. comments in last month. I just can´t never get over this, it pretty much tainted whole show for me Still can´t re-watch even good old episodes without almost crying.
If you love a character a lot it's very hard to get over it when he/she dies.

Quote:
Sorry slow internet posted twice
It's not the internet I think. FF servers are sometimes a bit slow

Last edited by Arrakis; 04-02-2017 at 08:36 AM
Old 04-02-2017, 09:20 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg238 (View Post)
If you love a character a lot it's very hard to get over it when he/she dies.

It's not the internet I think. FF servers are sometimes a bit slow
Especially when it´s this cruel. It was probably the worst dying scene I have ever seen and I have always thought Buffy episode Body is bad, but this took the cake even over that...
Old 04-02-2017, 11:56 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:

As far as I'm concerned, you can vent here as much as you like. God knows we all have. I abhor the "just get over it" BS. How completely insensitive do you have to be to say that to someone? You can think it all you like but shut the Hell up!! There are a lot of Rayna and D/R fans that are in mourning still and will be for quite some time. You are not alone. For myself, I'm still in mourning over the W/K breakup and have pretty much decided to stop watching the show. There are more reasons than just W/K which everyone here has heard me vent about ad naseum so I won't today. I guess that's my long-winded way of saying you are in good company
Old 04-02-2017, 12:09 PM
Master Fan

yeah the get over it nonsense is the most insensitive thing... the Nashville twitter fandom is not the greatest to say the least. I heard about the ''trashies'' nonsense as well.

As for venting here... maybe the talk should move the the Rayna or D/R thread, or even general thread... it's kinda moving away from the JJ/Avery thread topic too much right now. Just a thought.
Old 04-02-2017, 12:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
yeah the get over it nonsense is the most insensitive thing... the Nashville twitter fandom is not the greatest to say the least. I heard about the ''trashies'' nonsense as well.

As for venting here... maybe the talk should move the the Rayna or D/R thread, or even general thread... it's kinda moving away from the JJ/Avery thread topic too much right now. Just a thought.
I agree. Just started by mentioning that we have all got our share of bad writing this season. So I´m ok to change back on subject.

And thanks for understanding!

I´m on hold with watching too. What happened with Rayna is just one part of it, I started to feel off already with what they did with Scarlett/Damien etc...
Old 04-08-2017, 03:22 PM
Total Fan

Wish we had more news than just Avery has
Spoiler: