Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-06-2017, 04:46 PM
Extreme Fan

Hopefully we get this guy back soon.

And whoever wrote the line, "Dang, you're pretty. Like if Johnny Cash and Johnny Depp had a baby," has my heart forever.

Btw, that's how you do drunk acting. None of this AP nonsense we got in the episode she should have rightfully died in.
Old 01-06-2017, 06:30 PM
Master Fan

They only have like 8 characters to focus on. I don't understand how Avery seems like such an after thought. I really thought the new writers would focus more on him. Fingers crossed for next week
Old 01-06-2017, 06:40 PM
Master Fan

Especially with Chip mentioning the 5 emmys yesterday. You have a 5 time emmy winner and you give him two tiny scene an episode. Both he and Hayden got critics noms for their work last Year. How can you waste that potential?
Old 01-06-2017, 06:53 PM
Master Fan

Maybe things will change once Juliette is back on her feet
Old 01-06-2017, 06:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp10ah (View Post)
Maybe things will change once Juliette is back on her feet
I hope it doesn't take that long.
Old 01-13-2017, 08:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Best scene last episode was the line about Avery not remembering who he was. JJ played that moment off with a lot of layers
Old 01-13-2017, 01:00 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
Best scene last episode was the line about Avery not remembering who he was. JJ played that moment off with a lot of layers
I totally agree. It's about time Avery started focusing on his own music again. Except for one performance in S4, he hasn't done that since Season three with ZAG or the Triple Exes, and even then he was a somewhat reluctant member of the band. It's been a long time coming. I can see why Avery would have trouble remembering who that guy is.
Old 01-13-2017, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well especially since Cadence was born. He's been beyond selfless.
Old 01-14-2017, 06:06 PM
Master Fan

I hope he finds happiness in his career while still being awesome dad to Cadence and great with Juliette. JJ really had a lot of different vibe scenes to play in the last episode. Hoping the show lets him do stuff like that more. Still disapointed we didn't get to hear him sing though.
Old 01-14-2017, 06:59 PM
Total Fan

^ Won't he be singing soon?
Old 01-14-2017, 07:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville fan (View Post)
^ Won't he be singing soon?
well he was singing for that season promo but he wasn't singing with Hayden when he was in the itunes version so that was disapointing.
Old 01-15-2017, 02:35 PM
Total Fan

I'm really looking forward to the one he sings o/s by himself.
Old 01-15-2017, 04:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville fan (View Post)
I'm really looking forward to the one he sings o/s by himself.
I can't wait to see him sing by himself. It really looks like that's where the show is going with him.

It was really interesting to see Avery's reaction to Gunnar's advice. Avry made a joke about it, but he also looked almost upset, as if it was something that's been bothering him for a long time and he's just been squashing it down. And now that Gunnar's said it out loud, he'll have to acknowledge it for real. Anyway, that was my take.

Besides writing music again, did anyone else think that he was focusing on himself when he asked Juliette what they were? And then when he said he wasn't okay with her being unsure? Like, Gunnar's question made him want to focus on himself in their relationship too. Or was that a totally separate thing?
Old 01-15-2017, 04:33 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal222 (View Post)
I can't wait to see him sing by himself. It really looks like that's where the show is going with him.

It was really interesting to see Avery's reaction to Gunnar's advice. Avry made a joke about it, but he also looked almost upset, as if it was something that's been bothering him for a long time and he's just been squashing it down. And now that Gunnar's said it out loud, he'll have to acknowledge it for real. Anyway, that was my take.

Besides writing music again, did anyone else think that he was focusing on himself when he asked Juliette what they were? And then when he said he wasn't okay with her being unsure? Like, Gunnar's question made him want to focus on himself in their relationship too. Or was that a totally separate thing?
Yes I think he is going after what he wants to be happy. Because so far he put Cadence and then Juliette first above his own needs for good reasons but now that everything is looking up he can be a little more ''selfish'' and do things for himself. His own music and being happy with Juliette again are his desires.. And really it's not much, he could easily get both back.
Old 01-15-2017, 05:15 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal222 (View Post)

I didn't get that at all. I think he was realizing that he could and should think about himself for once, but I didn't think he was upset - as in angry. If you just meant upset as in bothered, then yeah. I agree. I think he's been angry about it, especially last season when he said she had all the power and all that, but I don't think he was angry in that moment.

The second part is interesting though and I'd like to think that he thought about Gunnar's once in a blue moon good advice when he asked Juliette about their status. Maybe he wouldn't have asked if not for that. He might have been content not to push her just yet. It'll be good to see where this goes if he continues being assertive - like old Avery.

*sad face meant to indicate regret that old Avery has been gone for so long.