Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-27-2015, 08:09 AM
Master Fan

“Time Changes Things” (3x20) Episode Discussion Thread: Airs April 29, 2015

“Time Changes Things”" (3x20)
Episode Discussion Thread

Air Date: April 29, 2015 at 10 pm EST on ABC

Episode Description:

JADE THROWS A MALIBU BEACH PARTY, JULIETTE GIVES AN IMPROMPTU ROOFTOP CONCERT AND RAYNA TRIES TO SAVE DEACON’S LIFE, ON ABC’S “NASHVILLE”

Christina Aguilera Guest Stars as Jade St. John

“Time Changes Things” – Rayna travels to Natchez, MS to try to help Deacon and we learn how her past with him affects his life-and-death struggle today. Jade invites Luke, Jeff and Layla to her beachfront bash in her home in Malibu which turns into an all-night rager. Back in Nashville, new mom Juliette tries to jump-start her career with a last-minute rooftop concert, and Kiley returns to Gunnar with news that changes everything, on “Nashville,” airing WEDNESDAY, APRIL 29 (10:00-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

“Nashville” stars Connie Britton as Rayna Jaymes, Hayden Panettiere as Juliette Barnes, Clare Bowen as Scarlett O’Connor, Chris Carmack as Will Lexington, Will Chase as Luke Wheeler, Eric Close as Teddy Conrad, Charles Esten as Deacon Claybourne, Oliver Hudson as Jeff Fordham, Jonathan Jackson as Avery Barkley, Sam Palladio as Gunnar Scott, Maisy Stella as Daphne Conrad and Lennon Stella as Maddie Conrad.

Guest starring are Christina Aguilera as Jade St. John, Aubrey Peoples as Layla, Ed Amatrudo as Glenn Goodman, David Alford as Bucky Dawes, Jason Douglas as Dashell Brinks, Alexa Penavega as Kiley Brenner, Dana Wheeler-Nicolson as Beverly, Keean Johnson as Colt Wheeler, Monica Plante as Natasha, Kyle Dean Massey as Kevin Bicks and Nick Jandl as Dr. Caleb Rand.

“Time Changes Things” was written by Debra Fordham and directed by Arlene Sanford.

RULES:
1. Remember that people may be fans of certain characters/ships/actors, so take that into consideration when discussing! No attacking other posters for their opinion or preferences.
2. We know you won't like everything about the episode, but try and be constructive when you are critiquing something.
3. No talk of illegal downloading. Please use PMs for links to live streams and such.
4. Remember, everything is a spoiler until the show airs on TV.
5. Thank you, and enjoy the episode!
Sarah [youtube]
Old 04-27-2015, 10:39 AM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for the thread.
Debra Fordham episode!
Old 04-27-2015, 10:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you!: Hope it's a good one!

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
boston | los angeles | ♡ Candice |icon by summer falls
Old 04-27-2015, 12:38 PM
Master Fan

Really curious as to how the Rayna/Beverly stuff plays out. It has the potential for some really interesting Deacon/DR back story. And always a plus when Dana's on interacting with Connie and/or Chip rather than Clare.

Looking forward to the Juliette stuff

Jade's party should make it easy to ignore all involved. I still can't imagine what Kiley could say that would lead to Gunnar not telling her to f off. She cheated on him, lied to him, abandoned her spawn. Whhhyyy is she back at all.
Sarah [youtube]
Old 04-27-2015, 12:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

It can either be hit or miss with those flashbacks. I think a large portion will depend on hair/make-up and lighting. Heh. I just hope that history won't get rewritten again, but Deb knows her stuff I guess.

I'm hoping for at least one present day DR scene.

Not at all looking forward to stupid parties or stupid Kileys. I will most likely be ff'ing that.
Old 04-27-2015, 12:51 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapbubbles511 (View Post)
Jade's party should make it easy to ignore all involved.
It better not take too much screentime like in 319, I don't want D/R or J/A storylines getting cut short again because of it.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:38 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 (View Post)
It can either be hit or miss with those flashbacks. I think a large portion will depend on hair/make-up and lighting. Heh. I just hope that history won't get rewritten again, but Deb knows her stuff I guess.

I'm hoping for at least one present day DR scene.

Not at all looking forward to stupid parties or stupid Kileys. I will most likely be ff'ing that.
I'm super worried about them re-writing history. I feel like they know they can't make Connie look 16, so they're going to pretend she's 23 when they met.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:53 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFan221 (View Post)
I'm super worried about them re-writing history. I feel like they know they can't make Connie look 16, so they're going to pretend she's 23 when they met.
They've said a few times that D/R have been together for more than 10 years, I don't think they can rewrite history this much.
Old 04-28-2015, 12:23 PM
Extreme Fan

Plus the whole discussion at Lamar's hospital bedside about him kicking Rayna out at 16 and Deacon saying "I remember that".
Old 04-28-2015, 01:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

I think their timeline is already screwy as it is. I remember a few times while watching the show when they would bring something up I would go, but how can that be when she was 16 when they met? Also, they usually say "over 20 years" when it would actually be closer to 30 years that they have known each other privately and professionally.

It occured to me that maybe Rayna isn't even actually in the flashbacks, but she just gets mentioned? And it mostly focuses on Deacon and Beverley?
Old 04-28-2015, 04:13 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 (View Post)
I think their timeline is already screwy as it is. I remember a few times while watching the show when they would bring something up I would go, but how can that be when she was 16 when they met? Also, they usually say "over 20 years" when it would actually be closer to 30 years that they have known each other privately and professionally.

It occurred to me that maybe Rayna isn't even actually in the flashbacks, but she just gets mentioned? And it mostly focuses on Deacon and Beverley?
Maybe, but he would still be only 18 or 19. Chip does not look 19. I just wouldn't put it past them to completely change the timeline. They seem so loose with everything else.
Old 04-29-2015, 05:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

tftnt!
Old 04-29-2015, 07:14 AM
Master Fan

Happy Nashville day

Hopefully Deb doesn't let us down
Sarah [youtube]
Old 04-29-2015, 07:14 AM
Master Fan

Tftnt
Old 04-29-2015, 11:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

tonight!

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
boston | los angeles | ♡ Candice |icon by summer falls