Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-13-2015, 08:19 AM
Master Fan

“Nobody Knows But Me” (3x18) Episode Discussion Thread: Airs April 15, 2015

“Nobody Knows But Me”" (3x18)
Episode Discussion Thread

Air Date: April 15, 2015 at 10 pm EST on ABC

Episode Description:

GRAMMY AWARD®-WINNING MUSIC SENSATION CHRISTINA AGUILERA GUEST STARS AS JADE ST. JOHN, ON ABC’S “NASHVILLE”

“Nobody Knows But Me” – With the arrival of his former fiancée in Nashville, Jeff finds himself face-to-face with Jade St. John (played by Christina Aguilera). A powerhouse pop-star in Nashville on tour, Jeff is forced to revisit his past and work with the woman who once played a large role in both his personal and professional lives. Meanwhile, Deacon continues to cope with his cancer diagnosis – a secret that weighs heavily on his family — especially Maddie, who struggles with the news herself. While Juliette is eager to get back to work following the birth of her daughter, she quickly finds balancing motherhood and a music career challenging to say the least, while Avery struggles with his own responsibilities and his Triple Exes bandmates, on “Nashville,” airing WEDNESDAY, APRIL 15 (10:00-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

“Nashville” stars Connie Britton as Rayna Jaymes, Hayden Panettiere as Juliette Barnes, Clare Bowen as Scarlett O’Connor, Chris Carmack as Will Lexington, Will Chase as Luke Wheeler, Eric Close as Teddy Conrad, Charles Esten as Deacon Claybourne, Oliver Hudson as Jeff Fordham, Jonathan Jackson as Avery Barkley, Sam Palladio as Gunnar Scott, Maisy Stella as Daphne Conrad and Lennon Stella as Maddie Conrad.

Guest starring are Christina Aguilera as Jade St. John, Aubrey Peoples as Layla, Ed Amatrudo as Glenn Goodman, David Alford as Bucky Dawes, Keean Johnson as Colt Wheeler, Monica Plante as Natasha, Kyle Dean Massey as Kevin Bicks and Nick Jandl as Dr. Caleb Rand.

“Nobody Knows But Me” was written by David Gould and Monica Macer and directed by Callie Khouri.

RULES:
1. Remember that people may be fans of certain characters/ships/actors, so take that into consideration when discussing! No attacking other posters for their opinion or preferences.
2. We know you won't like everything about the episode, but try and be constructive when you are critiquing something.
3. No talk of illegal downloading. Please use PMs for links to live streams and such.
4. Remember, everything is a spoiler until the show airs on TV.
5. Thank you, and enjoy the episode!
Sarah [youtube]
Old 04-13-2015, 11:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Juliette going back to work

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
boston | los angeles | ♡ Candice |icon by summer falls
Old 04-13-2015, 02:46 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for the thread.
Old 04-13-2015, 02:54 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the thread.
Old 04-15-2015, 01:09 AM
Addicted Fan

Happy Nashville Wednesday!

Wonder what to expect from this episode, all the promo has been about CA, so we don't know much about what else is happening. Last few episodes have been great, hope it continues.
Old 04-15-2015, 01:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hope it's a good one...

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
Old 04-15-2015, 05:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

new nashville tonight!
Old 04-15-2015, 07:36 AM
Master Fan

Happy Nashville day

And yeah I feel like the only thing we know about this episode is that CA is guest starring
Sarah [youtube]
Old 04-15-2015, 12:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

^eXactly

Old 04-15-2015, 08:23 PM
Master Fan

Well I will start by saying there hasn't been this good of a balance for characters on the show since pretty much s3 started. If only they could do that for every episode.

The Good : the acting dynamic between Juliette/Avery is as good as ever. I missed that kind of acting between them. Hayden is rocking the PPD storyline. The signs are so obvious, but of course it doesn't stop comments and tweets about Juliette being crap I of course love that Cadence was chosen as baby name and that Juliette called Deacon ''uncle Deacon'' for the baby. I am so happy Avery quit the band, wasn't there for Gunnar putting him down, I know he is Scarlett obsessed but the dude is the reason you have a band in the first place give him so credit. Love Deacon telling Luke about the cancer. D/R/M/D were awesome and cute that the girls asked him to move in. Loving Will and Kevin. Colt and Maddie are cute

The Bad : Can the Teddy/Natasha/Feds storyline just end already? I love Eric Close but just save him from that awful writing.

The Ugly : Kasey/Layla comparison just Still don't care for Layla/Jeff and now add Jade/Luke to that list. Actually also add Scarlett/Caleb. They are beyond boring.
Old 04-15-2015, 09:24 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
Well I will start by saying there hasn't been this good of a balance for characters on the show since pretty much s3 started. If only they could do that for every episode.

The Good : the acting dynamic between Juliette/Avery is as good as ever. I missed that kind of acting between them. Hayden is rocking the PPD storyline. The signs are so obvious, but of course it doesn't stop comments and tweets about Juliette being crap I of course love that Cadence was chosen as baby name and that Juliette called Deacon ''uncle Deacon'' for the baby. I am so happy Avery quit the band, wasn't there for Gunnar putting him down, I know he is Scarlett obsessed but the dude is the reason you have a band in the first place give him so credit. Love Deacon telling Luke about the cancer. D/R/M/D were awesome and cute that the girls asked him to move in. Loving Will and Kevin. Colt and Maddie are cute

The Bad : Can the Teddy/Natasha/Feds storyline just end already? I love Eric Close but just save him from that awful writing.

The Ugly : Kasey/Layla comparison just Still don't care for Layla/Jeff and now add Jade/Luke to that list. Actually also add Scarlett/Caleb. They are beyond boring.
I so agree with all of this. This episode would have been great if there was no Teddy/Natasha, and I didn't have to deal with Layla/Jeff.

I actually think Luke and Colt are a really cute father/son pair, and I like Colt with Maddie. Glad that Luke and Deacon had that talk, and so adorable with the girls asking Deacon to move in...and Rayna telling him that she and Maddie are his family. Though it did seem like a very fast switch from bratty Maddie to apologizing Maddie. Did I miss something there?

Will and Kevin are cute, and the Juliette/Avery baby storyline interesting. I didn't even mind Gunnar/Scarlett that much this episode.
Old 04-15-2015, 09:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

My standout moments are the girls asking Deacon to move in (HOLY CRAP MY QUEEN CONNIE WAS RADIANT) and Avery quitting the band. Overall, mostly an enjoyable filler episode.

edit: Also Will/Kevin. YASSSSSS
Old 04-15-2015, 11:28 PM
Master Fan

Overall I really enjoyed the episode

Loved all the DR stuff so much. Clearly he was practically moved in already. "I missed you in my bed last night". And he just kept letting himself in all episode. And the girls saying that he'd been there for breakfast like ten days in a row. And them talking about going home from the concert. And being all co-parenty all episode. Just

Was happy that we finally got some Deacon/Juliette. Loved him holding the baby and her calling him Uncle Deacon. But like their last scene after that they were too busy angsting about their own stuff to really talk to each other

Loving the JA stuff too. Glad Cadence is the name. Avery is already such an adorable dad. And Hayden's doing really good with this story so far. Glad Avery's out of the band to be with his family and away from SG's drama (although I do generally enjoy Avery/Gunnar scenes)

Will/Kevin!!! Loooved super awkward Will trying to apologize and ask Kevin out (which he only half succeeded at ). And the kiss!! Finally good things happening for Will. Was also loving the Will/Gunnar scenes.

At least Jeff had some scenes with Rayna this week. Don't care about him with Layla or Jade or Luke. But him and Rayna going at each other is always fun. Don't care about Luke/Jade but otherwise didn't mind him this episode. Liked his scene with Deacon. Gunnar was being obnoxious about Scarlett again this week. She and the doctor continue to be completely bland.

And Teddy... oh Teddy.. he just continues to be a complete idiot. Her refusing the wired money from a secret account in favor of a bag full of cash... that's not suspicious at all
Sarah [youtube]
Old 04-16-2015, 01:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

i felt bad for juliette this episode. my sister just had a baby and he cries NON STOP and i felt her pain. and it must suck to see her husband going off trying to further is career while she's stuck at home alone. :/

will is a dummy, god he's so awkward, i fear for anyone that wants to date him. he cant be at all comfortable with who he is and then tries to hit on the guy. ahhh its so awkward. they need to improve this SL quick because its not working imo.

now that I've heard about clare i find myself not wanting scarlett/gunnar to happen anymore because it kind of makes me uncomfortable now.

I CANT STAND MADDIE. she's such a little brat.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:23 AM
Elite Fan

Nice to see Juliette get some material that's not wacky pregnancy hi-jinks.

Maddie is such a brat. She is always mad at her parents for something. She treats them like shyt 80% of the time. It doesn't help that I find the actress lacking. Her singing voice is amazing but her acting is something to be desired.

I actually liked Luke this ep.

Gunnar continues to be a tool. Scarlett isn't even worth it. I swear I only liked them when they were looking after a drunk Avery in the beginning of the season.
"Me and you..."
"It's a date."