Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-26-2016, 10:45 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
I wouldn't. I have no desire for a season 5 without Hayden. They have the time now to wait for her since they aren't in a rush for a possible season 5 to air in september. With streaming and cable they can premiere at any given time so if they can't wait for their co lead to be better, it's a slap in the face to her and her fans. If she doesn't want to come back because she wants a break from acting altogether it's another thing but I found the show lacking in the episodes without her. I know a lot of people Watch for the show as a whole but any of the leads leaving would make some reconsider watching. Especially if Connie, Chip or Hayden were those leads since they are the center of the show. The show needs to be back to its former glory and that includes interaction between Rayna, Deacon and Juliette. I had such high hopes for a season 5 that brought it back to them, I rather have a season 5 with the leads interacting that start in 2017 per say than a rush 2016 premiere with no Hayden. They can wait.
Word.

I ain't watching without Hayden. So none of this #BringBackNashville will mean anything to me if there's no Juliette. I'd feel the same way about Rayna.
Old 05-26-2016, 10:58 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy1993 (View Post)
And, was Glenn on the plane with her ?
And again, a little side note. I might be the only one here, but I actually liked the whole Patsy Cline allusion here.

I don't know how I feel about Glenn dumping her as well though. I think she would've needed his support now, but if I was in his position I would've probably done the same thing ... I don't know. Anyways, as much as I like Aubrey, if there is one character I could spare without tears, it would be Layla.
Glenn wasn't on the plane Juliette left him to enjoy the oscar and rushed to reunite with her family. But him dumping Layla is 100% the right move for him and her actually. Because Glenn is Juliette's father figure and Layla was sabotaging his other client/daughter so he couldn't support that. And Layla has been complaining again and again that Glenn won't act like Jeff and play dirty to get her ahead, she never appreciated him and wants someone who plays dirty. They just weren't a fit.

I Wonder if Glenn put two and two together about the Charlie leak too.

ETA: Glenn could easily manage Avery and M/D (if no Juliette and even with) if there is an s5. I want Avery to have a career already.

Last edited by jbshmdfb; 05-26-2016 at 11:08 AM
Old 05-26-2016, 12:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I wouldn't. I have no desire for a season 5 without Hayden. They have the time now to wait for her since they aren't in a rush for a possible season 5 to air in september. With streaming and cable they can premiere at any given time so if they can't wait for their co lead to be better, it's a slap in the face to her and her fans. If she doesn't want to come back because she wants a break from acting altogether it's another thing but I found the show lacking in the episodes without her. I know a lot of people Watch for the show as a whole but any of the leads leaving would make some reconsider watching. Especially if Connie, Chip or Hayden were those leads since they are the center of the show. The show needs to be back to its former glory and that includes interaction between Rayna, Deacon and Juliette. I had such high hopes for a season 5 that brought it back to them, I rather have a season 5 with the leads interacting that start in 2017 per say than a rush 2016 premiere with no Hayden. They can wait.
Sorry, I don't think I was clear. I meant exactly what you said. If Hayden herself decided she didn't want to come back to the show for health reasons, I as a fan would support that. Personally, I think she would come back if the show got picked up and I would hope that the new show runners would work with her so that she came back when she was ready and they would stall the show to accommodate her. I agree that the show without Juliette would be lacking but I would continue to watch if it was Hayden's choice not to return. I hope that is clearer.

ETA: Oh I didn't think about M/D for Glenn to manage. Great idea! I still think Will could use his expertise too.
Old 05-26-2016, 01:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily2003 (View Post)
Sorry, I don't think I was clear. I meant exactly what you said. If Hayden herself decided she didn't want to come back to the show for health reasons, I as a fan would support that. Personally, I think she would come back if the show got picked up and I would hope that the new show runners would work with her so that she came back when she was ready and they would stall the show to accommodate her. I agree that the show without Juliette would be lacking but I would continue to watch if it was Hayden's choice not to return. I hope that is clearer.

ETA: Oh I didn't think about M/D for Glenn to manage. Great idea! I still think Will could use his expertise too.
I think Glenn would be a better fit for Avery since Avery is Juliette's family whether he is with her or not and M/D would be him looking out like Juliette wanted when she gave Maddie her good luck charm for that audition thing. But my first choice would be Avery because JJ has been wanting for two years now for Avery's solo career to be revisited and I miss my Avery songs (One Light Shining is my number 1 most listened song on iTunes to this day) and I want Emily and Glenn to continue to interact with him as much as possible. I would love for Will to have his own (Glenn, Bucky, Noel). Heck I wouldn't mind a female manager that isn't creepy like Marilyn was.

Last edited by jbshmdfb; 05-26-2016 at 01:39 PM
Old 05-26-2016, 03:11 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I think Glenn would be a better fit for Avery since Avery is Juliette's family whether he is with her or not and M/D would be him looking out like Juliette wanted when she gave Maddie her good luck charm for that audition thing. But my first choice would be Avery because JJ has been wanting for two years now for Avery's solo career to be revisited and I miss my Avery songs (One Light Shining is my number 1 most listened song on iTunes to this day) and I want Emily and Glenn to continue to interact with him as much as possible. I would love for Will to have his own (Glenn, Bucky, Noel). Heck I wouldn't mind a female manager that isn't creepy like Marilyn was.
Yeah, I completely agree that Avery needs help. I should have added that as a wish for Season 5. For Avery to finally have a career of his own whether that is producing for Juliette/others or having his own singing career. I don't care (although I do prefer JJ singing). I just want Avery to finally have something that is his own and be successful at it. We do not need a repeat of that stupid jingle story line. UGH!!!
Old 05-26-2016, 06:08 PM
Total Fan

My thoughts on the show 421 and why I hated it.

Well, at the beginning of the show Avery and Layla kissed. That made all the Avery and Layla fans happy. Then at the end of the show Gunnar and Scarlett kissed, and that make all the Gunnar and Scarlett fans happy. Then, Deacon and Rayna kissed, and this really made all the Deacon and Rayna fans very happy. Hell, even Will and Kevin got a kiss in at the very end of the show, and I'm sure that made all the Will and Kevin fans happy, too. Now, let me see. Did I leave any of my favorite characters out? Oh, yeah, Avery and Juliette, my very favorite couple on the show. Did they get a kiss? NO! They did not. All the Javery fans got was Avery still with Layla in the studio and in bed for over half of the program. He's still wanting Layla to go with him and Cadence to the hotel for the Oscars. I'm surprised she didn't want to go so that she could rub Juliette's nose in their affair some more. But, then after Luke's call he finally puts two and two together and realizes he's been used. (Ironic, because that's exactly what he's been doing to her...... using her to get what HE needs/wants in life.) That's when he says his most memorial lines ever, "You're crazy and we're through." And just like that, in just a micro-second, he goes from being completely smitten with this uncomplicated, so beautiful, sweet, generous lover to wanting OUT!!!

When, Juliette and Avery finally get to talk near the end of the episode, it's on the phone with her sitting at a bar. How intimate! He's just found out she tried to kill herself because she had no hope of reconciliation with her husband and child after he demanded a divorce from her and demanded she give up all rights as a parent to Cadence. That's when he uttered his second most famous words, "We're still here." No, I'm sorry you felt that was your only option in life. No, if I had only known you felt this way we could have talked. (Oh, yeah, that's right. She tried to do that but that's when he deleted her from his phone contacts.) No, I love you and want to try to work out our many problems. Nothing, just "We're still here for you."

So, what did this mean? IDK. His words could have meant many different things. Before he spoke those words, he sucked in air like he always does when he wants to be brave and say something difficult...... like he wanted to hesitate or like he was kinda' being forced to say something nice he really didn't mean, or maybe like he was letting her know he was sorry she had gone through this horrible nightmare. It seemed like a very diplomatic thing to say, but not necessarily a very loving, forgiving thing to say to the person you want to spend the rest of your life with. They just seemed like words he would say to Juliette because he feels she still needs help and that he will help her get that help, not as a husband or lover, but as a friend.

Yes, you can call me a romantic. But I wanted to hear some of those cheesy phrases of unrequited love romantics need to hear. I could have accepted the missing plane plot better if I had heard any endearing, forgiving words coming from Avery, but for me, they just weren't there. And that is the reason I hated the cliff-hanger.
Old 05-26-2016, 06:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville fan (View Post)
When, Juliette and Avery finally get to talk near the end of the episode, it's on the phone with her sitting at a bar. How intimate! He's just found out she tried to kill herself because she had no hope of reconciliation with her husband and child after he demanded a divorce from her and demanded she give up all rights as a parent to Cadence. That's when he uttered his second most famous words, "We're still here." No, I'm sorry you felt that was your only option in life. No, if I had only known you felt this way we could have talked. (Oh, yeah, that's right. She tried to do that but that's when he deleted her from his phone contacts.) No, I love you and want to try to work out our many problems. Nothing, just "We're still here for you."

So, what did this mean? IDK. His words could have meant many different things. Before he spoke those words, he sucked in air like he always does when he wants to be brave and say something difficult...... like he wanted to hesitate or like he was kinda' being forced to say something nice he really didn't mean, or maybe like he was letting her know he was sorry she had gone through this horrible nightmare. It seemed like a very diplomatic thing to say, but not necessarily a very loving, forgiving thing to say to the person you want to spend the rest of your life with. They just seemed like words he would say to Juliette because he feels she still needs help and that he will help her get that help, not as a husband or lover, but as a friend.

Yes, you can call me a romantic. But I wanted to hear some of those cheesy phrases of unrequited love romantics need to hear. I could have accepted the missing plane plot better if I had heard any endearing, forgiving words coming from Avery, but for me, they just weren't there. And that is the reason I hated the cliff-hanger.

Avery didn't say ''we're still here for you'' he said ''we're still here'' which is a call back to the premiere and he started to take the guilt until Juliette stopped him. If you go back to the premiere and it's the same people who wrote the finale you will get the context here. As for the sweet romantic were they were surely kept for the airport reunion they decided to switch out for the cliffhanger for their manipulative technique for campaign, it's cheap and frustrating for the J/A fans but what can you do. And keep in mind we didn't see the whole phone conversation because whether was said after the ''we're still here'' made Juliette decide to dish the oscar and reunite with Avery at the airport where he is waiting for Juliette with Cadence, flowers there as well. And he and Emily have a talk on the phone and them saying Juliette won't care that she lost and why is that you think? Because she was getting back what she truly wanted, Avery and Cadence.
Old 05-26-2016, 07:08 PM
Extreme Fan

jb, you put that infamous line in your siggy and it made me laugh. I really really need a shirt or something. I've watched that scene obsessively and laughed every single time. Not even ashamed.

Nashville fan, I get your POV, but I think it's a pessimistic way of looking at things. They can't just kiss and make up after everything that has happened. And I wouldn't want her to kiss on him after he literally JUST left Layla's house. A hug, yeah. But come on. They need some time to get over everything that has just happened in their lives.

I felt like Avery had a hard time saying he and Cadence were still there because he was finally admitting the truth to himself. And saying that to her would be a scary thing for him even if he wants to be there. He ran to Layla for a reason, because he was afraid of his feelings for Juliette. He's probably still afraid of that, even now. They need to move slowly and carefully with each other right now.

Also, Juliette invited Layla to go with him and Cadence. Such an invitation would have never fallen from my mouth, but she clearly just wanted to spend time with her kid. Avery was probably thinking it was no big deal, because it was basically a free trip to LA with free babysitting. But Layla's crazypants so there you go.

If we're going to pick on anything, I have a problem with there being no mention of Juliette having PPD at the time of Jeff's death AND that Avery didn't seem to have a problem with Layla before she went totally bat****. Besides multiple eyerolls, he should have voiced some concerns before she lost it. I want to think that he wouldn't have stayed in the relationship forever (or until Layla ****ed it up in some other way) just because it was the easier thing to do but that's the impression I have.
Old 05-26-2016, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

To be fair both Juliette and avery played a part to what happend. Juliette had chosen the guy she cheated on Avery with as her manager, was off doing drugs and alcohol, invited avery and cadence to a concert where she threw her phone in the trash. Avery had a right to keep her away from cadence at the time

Juliette has improved and I started rooting for her again since she got help but let's not put the blame on their break solely on Avery

With the exception of the cliffhanger this was a decent by nashville standards finLe
Old 05-26-2016, 08:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Awful series finale. I can't think of a worse one tbh...They could have at least TRIED to wrap up some storylines, and instead they decided to end on the most ridiculous cliffhanger possible? I can't believe there were people who complained about The Good Wife series finale when THIS finale exists.

This show should not come back, especially if Hayden isn't doing well. And nothing will ever convince me that outside of living in Nashville, Connie is less then done with this show. Another outlet picking this up means that Connie will be contractually obligated to continue with Nashville (although I am confused on the logistics of this...do they sign 7-year contracts with ABC or Lionsgate?)
Old 05-26-2016, 11:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

it came across as a season finale, that was it. the network looks like they canceled the show after the finale was already done and ready to air and nothing could've been changed.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 05-27-2016, 12:44 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulfilledღ (View Post)
it came across as a season finale, that was it. the network looks like they canceled the show after the finale was already done and ready to air and nothing could've been changed.
Except that we know they had filmed a happy ending but went with the cliffhanger to push their chances to be bought somewhere else. Very cheap thing to do to the Juliette fans and J/A fans while everyone else got their happy ending versions instead of their cliffhanger ones. Especially after the PPD from Hell and L/A.
Old 05-27-2016, 12:55 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Except that we know they had filmed a happy ending but went with the cliffhanger to push their chances to be bought somewhere else. Very cheap thing to do to the Juliette fans and J/A fans while everyone else got their happy ending versions instead of their cliffhanger ones. Especially after the PPD from Hell and L/A.
Co-signed. Also if Lionsgate are really meaning it saying Hayden is "essential" there is no reason to write in an option for her to get out.
Old 05-27-2016, 11:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

I hope they release Javery's reunion if it doesn't get renewed
Old 05-27-2016, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I mean JA did not have to end up together cause I think they both needed time but to at least have hope and no cliffhanger