Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-14-2016, 08:24 AM
Master Fan

“Forever and for Always” (4x11) Episode Discussion Thread: Airs March 16, 2016

“Forever and for Always” (4x11)
Episode Discussion Thread

Air Date: March 16, 2016 at 10 pm EST on ABC

Episode Description:

IT'S A DREAM WEDDING FOR RAYNA AND DEACON, ON THE MIDSEASON PREMIERE OF "NASHVILLE" WEDNESDAY, MARCH 16

Jay DeMarcus of Rascal Flatts and Singer/Songwriter Jim Lauderdale Guest Star as Themselves

"Forever and for Always" - It's the wedding viewers have longed for when Deacon and Rayna tie the knot, complete with captivating music performances by series regulars Charles Esten, Clare Bowen, Sam Palladio, Lennon Stella and Maisy Stella as well as cameos by Jay DeMarcus of Rascal Flatts and singer/songwriter Jim Lauderdale portraying themselves. When the loving couple are ambushed by paparazzi after their intimate rehearsal dinner, Deacon's hot-headed reaction casts a pall on the plans and forces a change of venue. Meanwhile, wedding guest Avery is struggling to keep up with the lies Juliette is forcing him to message to press in her absence on "Nashville," WEDNESDAY, MARCH 16 (10:00-11:00 p.m. EDT) on the ABC Television Network.

"Nashville" stars Connie Britton as Rayna Jaymes, Hayden Panettiere as Juliette Barnes, Clare Bowen as Scarlett O'Connor, Chris Carmack as Will Lexington, Will Chase as Luke Wheeler, Charles Esten as Deacon Claybourne, Jonathan Jackson as Avery Barkley, Sam Palladio as Gunnar Scott, Maisy Stella as Daphne Conrad, Lennon Stella as Maddie Conrad and Aubrey Peeples as Layla Grant.

Guest starring are Judith Hoag as Tandy, Jessy Schram as Cash Gray, David Alford as Bucky, Mark Collie as Frankie Gray, David Amatrudo as Glenn, Keann Johnson, Jay DeMarcus as himself and Jim Lauderdale as himself.

"Forever and for Always" was written by Monica Macer and Dana Greenblatt and directed by Stephen Cragg.

RULES:
1. Remember that people may be fans of certain characters/ships/actors, so take that into consideration when discussing! No attacking other posters for their opinion or preferences.
2. We know you won't like everything about the episode, but try and be constructive when you are critiquing something.
3. No talk of illegal downloading. Please use PMs for links to live streams and such.
4. Remember, everything is a spoiler until the show airs on TV.
5. Thank you, and enjoy the episode!
Sarah [youtube]
Old 03-14-2016, 09:18 AM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for the thread! IT'S THERE!
Old 03-15-2016, 10:32 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hurray! I'm actually counting down the hours now lol
Old 03-15-2016, 10:40 AM
Master Fan

They're getting married tomorrow

Sarah [youtube]
Old 03-16-2016, 04:14 AM
Addicted Fan

Happy Nashville day!
It's been forever we've been able to say this.
Old 03-16-2016, 05:48 AM
Loyal Fan

Happy Nashville wedding day!!!
Old 03-16-2016, 08:21 AM
Master Fan

Happy Nashville day (finally)!!
Sarah [youtube]
Old 03-16-2016, 09:41 AM
Dedicated Fan

Happy Nashville Wedding Day!!!
Old 03-17-2016, 03:25 AM
Part-Time Fan

I think I don't have to mention all the beautiful scenes from this episode, do I ? Okay, maybe I do

I loved Rayna defending her man. We usually always hear Deacon talking about her, so it was nice to hear her talking about him for a change. And I also loved that she was so confident about marrying him and told her sister to leave if her heart wasn't in it. There really was nothing and no one, who could've stopped her from marrying Deacon.

Also loved the first dance and Deacon dancing with both of the girls Such a cute moment.

He called her Mrs Claybourne !!! Do I have to say more about that ? That's all I ever wanted to hear
And he played her a (beautiful) song at the cabin This really was like a fanfiction come true.

Their vows were simply perfect. Their history in a few lines. The writers really did a good job on this on this one.

I gotta admit, though, that in general I wasn't too happy with this episode. Yes, they had a fairytale wedding and gave us all the scene we ever wanted, BUT I felt like they crammed too much stuff into this episode.
The episode felt like it was over in all of 5 seconds, because they somehow rushed through it.
It actually felt a bit like a fan video, where you put parts of all the best scenes together. I love fan videos, but I prefer LONG scenes on the show !!!
Also, a lot of the drama seemed forced. I get it, the wedding couldn't go off without a hitch, but the Daphne situation would have been enough. Maddie being afraid of Deacon is just the most ridiculous thing ever

Other than that, I'm really glad that Rayna and Deacon had such a great wedding after all these years. Much deserved for them and the fans

So sad that this seems to be the last happy episode of the season. I'm just gonna try not to think about the drama that's about to come for now and re-watch the episode to make sure that this wasn't just a dream
Old 03-17-2016, 04:44 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy1993 (View Post)
I think I don't have to mention all the beautiful scenes from this episode, do I ? Okay, maybe I do

I loved Rayna defending her man. We usually always hear Deacon talking about her, so it was nice to hear her talking about him for a change. And I also loved that she was so confident about marrying him and told her sister to leave if her heart wasn't in it. There really was nothing and no one, who could've stopped her from marrying Deacon.

Also loved the first dance and Deacon dancing with both of the girls Such a cute moment.

He called her Mrs Claybourne !!! Do I have to say more about that ? That's all I ever wanted to hear
And he played her a (beautiful) song at the cabin This really was like a fanfiction come true.

Their vows were simply perfect. Their history in a few lines. The writers really did a good job on this on this one.

I gotta admit, though, that in general I wasn't too happy with this episode. Yes, they had a fairytale wedding and gave us all the scene we ever wanted, BUT I felt like they crammed too much stuff into this episode.
The episode felt like it was over in all of 5 seconds, because they somehow rushed through it.
It actually felt a bit like a fan video, where you put parts of all the best scenes together. I love fan videos, but I prefer LONG scenes on the show !!!
Also, a lot of the drama seemed forced. I get it, the wedding couldn't go off without a hitch, but the Daphne situation would have been enough. Maddie being afraid of Deacon is just the most ridiculous thing ever

Other than that, I'm really glad that Rayna and Deacon had such a great wedding after all these years. Much deserved for them and the fans

So sad that this seems to be the last happy episode of the season. I'm just gonna try not to think about the drama that's about to come for now and re-watch the episode to make sure that this wasn't just a dream
I agree with all of what you said, especially Rayna defending Deacon(never though i would see the day) No matter what he is always talking her up and she seems to just talk about the alcoholic Deacon. I was always like come Rayna their had to be some good times in thoughs 11 years you guys were together. So it was good yo hear how she truly felt about him. Daphne just needed some reassurance, and i think Rayna gave her that perfectly, just wish they had done all of that before the Wedding episode, i know it drama but it did brought down the episode a little bit. The vows, the venue, the dress, the dance, the family dance, the songs, the wedding nigh at their cabin was PERFECT.

Last edited by cclark; 03-17-2016 at 07:00 AM Reason: spell check
Old 03-17-2016, 05:34 AM
Dedicated Fan

Such a beautiful ceremony! The vows were perfect and how about the kiss,dip, kiss at the end
Other things I loved...the honeymoon sendoff, the cabin and Deacon singing to Rayna
Could have done without Deacon beating himself up yet again, but whatever!!! Am just going to put that out of my mind for now.
Old 03-17-2016, 09:54 AM
Dedicated Fan

Huh, Will had a whole storyline that was cut from the show last night.

The deleted scenes have been put online. I like the song he sings.

Nashville: Deleted Scenes Videos
Old 03-17-2016, 10:31 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy1993 (View Post)
I agree. I wanted more for their first dance, I wanted some cute like cake-stuff that Teddy and Peggy (yawn) had, I hated how the whole wedding ceremony itself was crammed into the last 15-ish minutes. It was cute how Deacon came back, and the ceremony itself was amazing, but the Maddie storyline was so out-of-character and random I feel. I understand Daphne though, but that would've been enough. Overall I liked the last 10-15 minutes, but there was so much wrong with it that I wish they could've fixed.
Old 03-17-2016, 10:44 AM
Dedicated Fan

The wedding was perfect. But the family drama was a bit too much.
And I loved the scenes with Scarlett and Gunnar.
Avery had also great scenes, it was so emotional.
But why couldn't they just have let Layla stay away? That she hires Avery is really annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggmarie (View Post)
Huh, Will had a whole storyline that was cut from the show last night.

The deleted scenes have been put online. I like the song he sings.

Nashville: Deleted Scenes Videos
Yeah, I loved the song already in season 2 and I love that he would have performed it now. But the storyline wasn't really fitting into the wedding, because all the other scenes were there. But why couldn't they have it written in the next episode, when everybody gets again more attention.
Old 03-17-2016, 12:29 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm kinda 50/50 on this episode. I really liked about half of the stuff and really didn't like the other half.

The Good:
Rayna: Despite everything that happened and being the bride she was the only one who truly kept it all together. But we expect nothing less from Rayna. She is all things awesome.
Tandy: Loved her!! Loved the convo with her and Rayna in the dressing room and the one with her and Deacon towards the end.
Bucky: He was perfect in this episode and the look on his face during the wedding actually made me go "Awwww"
Deacon: Despite venturing into over the top territory a few times, I thought he came across okay. The jitters seemed realistic knowing his character's history and being such a huge day with all the complications. Plus Chip is just so adorable that he makes Deacon work. Loved the dips, the vows, the song, showing up at the door when they thought he was missing with that swoon worthy smile. All good.
Daphne: Although bratty, her feelings of being on the outside were very realistic and were well done.
Scarlett/Gunnar: Really loved the interactions with these two and the song was great as always. I hate when they are sniping at each other and much prefer the friendship angle.
Avery: Loved his interactions with Scarlett/Gunnar despite his being in a horrible storyline.
Frankie: Liked his talk with Deacon at the gravesite. A voice of reason that Deacon needed to hear at the right time.
Cash: Same as above. Maddie needed the pep talk at that moment.
Juliette: SHE'S BACK NEXT EPISODE!!!!! Can't wait.

The Bad:
D/R: Like others I wish they had kept this something of a stand alone episode with the focus being on the wedding and nothing else. This was a long time coming. They could have filled the episode with memories/clips and all the other character storylines could have taken a break.
Layla: I was reminded why I haven't missed her. If she really wanted to pay her respects to Rayna, she should have kept her Debbie Downer self away from the happiest day in Rayna's life. And the vomit scene was completely unnecessary. We got that instead of a wedding moment??? Ugh.
The big reveal: Was I the only one who thought this was extremely anti-climactic? They should have done this prior to the break when viewers still moderately cared. Jeff died months ago for us plus Layla hasn't been on the show plus the hiatus equals me not really caring any more. Big letdown.
Maddie: Her rant in the dressing room was so unrealistic and over the top that I wanted to hurl something at her head as she was walking out. GROW UP!!!!
Will: I'm glad his scenes were deleted because I just can't handle his sad sack one note character any more. His storyline has become just too painful to watch. Seriously let's take every known to man gay homophobic cliche and drop them all into one storyline. ENOUGH!!! I'm disliking Will a lot and he's my favorite. Nice job writers!
Scarlett/Gunnar: Can these two just get together all ready? And why is Erin still around? Grateful she wasn't actually seen just referenced.