Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-09-2016, 08:09 AM
Master Fan

“After You’ve Gone” (4x19) Episode Discussion Thread: Airs May 11, 2016

“After You’ve Gone” (4x19)
Episode Discussion Thread

Air Date: May 11, 2016 at 10 pm EDT on ABC

Episode Description:

JULIETTE MEETS KESHA WHILE REUNITING WITH AN OLD CO-STAR, ON ‘NASHVILLE,’ WEDNESDAY, MAY 11

Derek Hough Guest Stars as Noah West and Kesha Guest Stars as Herself

“After You’ve Gone” – Rayna makes a last-ditch effort to protect her oldest daughter from the perils that befall young artists. Juliette reunites with her “Shenandoah Girl” co-star Noah West (Derek Hough) on the Oscar campaign trail, where she meets Kesha, who guest stars as herself. Elsewhere, Scarlett grows wary of Gunnar’s budding friendship with Autumn Chase (Alicia Witt); Layla fears falling into obscurity before her career even takes off; and Will suffers a devastating loss, on “Nashville,” WEDNESDAY, MAY 11 (10:00-11:00 p.m. EDT) on the ABC Television Network.

“Nashville” stars Connie Britton as Rayna Jaymes, Hayden Panettiere as Juliette Barnes, Clare Bowen as Scarlett O’Connor, Chris Carmack as Will Lexington, Will Chase as Luke Wheeler, Charles Esten as Deacon Claybourne, Jonathan Jackson as Avery Barkley, Sam Palladio as Gunnar Scott, Maisy Stella as Daphne Conrad, Lennon Stella as Maddie Conrad and Aubrey Peeples as Layla Grant.

Guest starring are Judith Hoag as Tandy Hampton, Ed Amatrudo as Glenn Goodman, David Alford as Bucky Dawes, Derek Hough as Noah West, Alicia Witt as Autumn Chase, Rex Linn as Bill Lexington, Mark Collie as Frankie, Jessy Schram as Cash Gray and Kesha as herself.

“After You’ve Gone” was written by Debra Fordham and directed by Bethany Rooney.

RULES:
1. Remember that people may be fans of certain characters/ships/actors, so take that into consideration when discussing! No attacking other posters for their opinion or preferences.
2. We know you won't like everything about the episode, but try and be constructive when you are critiquing something.
3. No talk of illegal downloading. Please use PMs for links to live streams and such.
4. Remember, everything is a spoiler until the show airs on TV.
5. Thank you, and enjoy the episode!
Sarah [youtube]
Old 05-09-2016, 09:49 AM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks for the thread. I'm actually interested in the reappearance of Will's Dad and wonder how that is going to go. I like Rex Linn the actor so I'm looking forward to his scenes. However, after the debacle of last week, looking forward means about two inches in front of my nose. Best I can do.
Old 05-09-2016, 09:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

Making #thanksNashville a thing so every time something goes wrong I can just say it's the show's fault.
Old 05-09-2016, 10:24 AM
Master Fan

Hopefully last week was the low point. Still expecting this week to suck, but maybe hopefully a little less than last week. Maybe some indications that things will start getting a little better rather than taking a wrecking ball to the entire show like last week
Sarah [youtube]
Old 05-09-2016, 10:26 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapbubbles511 (View Post)
Hopefully last week was the low point. Still expecting this week to suck, but maybe hopefully a little less than last week. Maybe some indications that things will start getting a little better rather than taking a wrecking ball to the entire show like last week
I'm hoping that too, but I still won't watch this one live. I didn't watch last week's at all.
Old 05-09-2016, 10:46 AM
Master Fan

For me at this point I think the only episode left of the season that I am watching live is the finale.
Old 05-11-2016, 11:05 AM
Master Fan

Happy Nashville day?

Hoping it isn't as bad as last week. And maybe a things are at least getting somewhat better by the end of the episode. Really not looking forward to the fallout from the emancipation
Sarah [youtube]
Old 05-11-2016, 11:05 AM
Dedicated Fan

Happy (?) Nashville Day everyone.

I'm predicting I will go through an entire box of tissues tonight.

But given we still don't have any word on renewal and this is potentially the third last ep I'm going to "enjoy" it while I still can.

edit: ^ freaky we posted exact same thing at the exact same time
Old 05-11-2016, 11:48 AM
Extreme Fan

This one can't be worse than last week's...can it??? I'm hoping we're on the upswing now? Maybe? Please.
Old 05-11-2016, 12:07 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm skeptical because one of the promos had the line "it's always darkest before the dawn". So I think this will be the last of the hideousness, and by the end of the ep I think we'll be moving away from the crap.
Old 05-11-2016, 01:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm looking forward to the episode actually, although I'm in a minority here. I have to say I do want to see what happens next, and at least stuff IS happening...which hasn't always been the case with Nashville. Also, while I don't want to tempt fate, the indications are good re renewal, no?
Old 05-11-2016, 08:39 PM
Part-Time Fan

The best part of this episode for me was Judith Hoag.

Other than that it was boring and made me really angry and I should've just stayed asleep.

Loved the Daphne/Rayna conversation though
Old 05-11-2016, 08:41 PM
Master Fan

Well the end of the episode confirmed the obvious Layla is using Avery. But he is using her too as he is obviously still in love with Juliette so meh. Derek got way better acting wise from the scenes I saw. Way better even chem wise than s3. As far a rebound goes, he is better than the Pams of this world. That said I am so over the Layla revenge story. But I got to give Aubrey credit, the only look she really really sells is dead inside crazy Layla. Yes I just gave Aubrey props on something. Just make her full on psycho already and stop the victim me stuff and her character will be much better and the acting tolerable.

Honestly my fav of the episode was Glenn I am so over the S/G/Autumn and Cash/Maddie storylines it's not even funny anymore. Glad Luke fired Kenneth.
Old 05-11-2016, 09:45 PM
New Fan

Just when i think these writers couldn't get any lower, they prove me wrong. REALLY they went there with the bottle in Deacon hand ready to take a swig. Ughhh if it wasn't for new showrunners and hopeful for a different direction in the show if renewed, i would be on the cancel the show campaign. They write the same crappy s/l sesason after season. Get creative writers.

Last edited by cclark; 05-11-2016 at 09:58 PM
Old 05-11-2016, 09:53 PM
Master Fan

I am really more and more convinced that Dee got word ahead of time that this was her last year with the show and decide to take it down with her. Just when you think they can make Deacon act even more stupid, you get that ending