Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-02-2017, 06:09 AM
Moderator Support Team

Rewatch thread # 1

Welcome to the first rewatch thread we can update this thread with every episode we watch and maybe do a rewatch every hiatus

we are starting with the pilot episode We will be watching between today and sunday as far as I know - so just write a comment when you have seen it

I thought of a couple questions

1. What made you watch Once upon a time in the first place

2. Did you start wiht the pilot or did you watch an episode further ahead?

3. Did you like the pilot right away or did you have a hard time getting into it?

4. Favourite scene about the pilot

5. Least fav scene about the pilot

6. Where you always a Regina fan from the start?

of course you dont have to answer all questions and can just talk about the episode as a whole I just thought it would get the conversation going

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 06-02-2017, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Awesome. I will get around to watching this weekend.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 06-02-2017, 07:16 PM
Master Fan

I did my re-watch tonight. The first thing that I noticed was that Henry has grown so much! He looks so young in this episode!

I had forgotten how much Henry resented Regina in season 1. This is going to be a tough season for regal believer scenes. I remember when I first watched season 1 that I wasn't sure for a while whether or not Regina really loved Henry. She looked so worried about him when Emma brought him home, but then she had her scary face on when she took that book.

Just a few other things I noted:
A line that never made sense - Snow saying "she poisoned an apple because she thought I was prettier than her". I know that was part of the original Snow White story, but it didn't fit for Once. I don't know why they included it.

Rumple told Snow when she and Charming visited him in his cell "The queen has created a powerful curse". We know now that she didn't create it, neither did he for that matter.

Charming sword fighting with baby Emma in his arms was pretty badass.

Answers to the questions:

I love fantasy dramas. I knew when I saw the first trailer for this show that I was probably going to love it.

2. Did you start wiht the pilot or did you watch an episode further ahead?

I watched the show from the very beginning, so I started with the pilot.

3. Did you like the pilot right away or did you have a hard time getting into it?

Yes, loved it right away.

In the enchanted forest: Snow and Charming's wedding with the EQ interrupting
In Storybrooke: Confrontation between Regina and Emma on Regina's front porch where Regina talks about raising Henry

In the enchanted forest: didn't really a least favorite
In Storybrooke: Henry telling Emma that Regina is evil and doesn't really love him, he thinks she just pretends to. Ouch.

Not as much in season 1. I thought she was a good villain though.
Old 06-02-2017, 08:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Agreed that RB in season 1 is pretty hard to watch on the other hand I think it made me appreciate the progress of their relationship in later season even more... what there is still missing is explanation why Henry was thiking Regina only pretends to love him even before he got the book.. They should give us flashbacks of what Henry's childhood with Regina was like, how and when he found out he was adopted etc...

I also agree that the line about Regina thinking Snow is prettier than her doesn't make any sense... I know that there are often small inconsistences in pilots since they are written sooner and writers often change their minds on some things... But Regina's history is such important part of her character it's hard to believe they would inted her to be just vain Evil Queen in the pilot.
Old 06-02-2017, 08:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenka5 (View Post)
I also agree that the line about Regina thinking Snow is prettier than her doesn't make any sense... I know that there are often small inconsistences in pilots since they are written sooner and writers often change their minds on some things... But Regina's history is such important part of her character it's hard to believe they would inted her to be just vain Evil Queen in the pilot.
Yes and Adam tweeted in a discussion with someone not too long ago that originally The Stable Boy was going to be episode 2, but they decided they needed to build up Regina's character first. So that means the backstory with Regina and Snow was planned very early on, not something they came up with later.
Old 06-02-2017, 09:43 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry02 (View Post)
Yes and Adam tweeted in a discussion with someone not too long ago that originally The Stable Boy was going to be episode 2, but they decided they needed to build up Regina's character first. So that means the backstory with Regina and Snow was planned very early on, not something they came up with later.
Yeah and the actual second episode also includes lines from Regina like "What Snow did to me, what she took from me is eating me alive" where is clear there is definitely more than being prettier.
I don't understand why they gave the strange line to Snow in the pilot and I wish they cut it out...
Old 06-03-2017, 02:39 AM
Moderator Support Team

also starting with the questions

actually I started because I knew Jmo from "house" and thought I would like to give this a try

2. Did you start witt the pilot or did you watch an episode further ahead?
I started with the pilot

3. Did you like the pilot right away or did you have a hard time getting into it? I waited the first minutes but then i loved it

of course the "sorry I am late" scene

the way Henry resented Regina and just ran past her when emma brought him back

I have to say that right from the start - eventhough i started watching for jmp.. i liked lana more

----

I agree Henry has grown so much. he was so little in the beginning. gosh that was cute. and yes season 1 will be hard for Regal beliver fans because Henry really hated REgina back then and well Regina WAS evil still at that point. not full on Evil queen evil but pretty bad.

I loved to see the scene with the cupcake again because in the finale we saw emma returning to the apartment and the candle still lying on the table

I laos hated the line when snow said "she things i am prettier than her" like Regina would stop the world just because someone is prettier (and thats not even true lol)

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 06-03-2017, 04:34 AM
Loyal Fan

I can't do proper rewatch but I rewatched some scenes on youtube and kinda remember the pilot so I try to answer those questions too.

I was talking to my mother that I would like to start watching something new and she said to me she read about this Once upon a time show which includes fairytales characters and since she knew I love fairytales and fantasy she thought it would be a good show for me...

2. Did you start witt the pilot or did you watch an episode further ahead?
I started watching with pilot but at the time the show was already in the middle of season 2, so I watched one and half of the season in couple of days...

I loved it immediately.

"sorry I'm late" scene as well.

I love the whole episode but when Regina runs to Henry and he says "I found my real mom", it breaks my heart.

Since I really watched the whole season one in like three days it's hard to exactly know the moment when I became fan ....I think the first episodes I thought she was a pretty great villain and I was kinda intrigued by her but she has became my ultimate favorite later in the season.

RB in the first season is really rather hard to watch but I choose to believe he did not really hate her there either... I think Henry was really confused with the evil queen thing and didn't trust her at all but if someone were to hurt her he would have realize how much he really cares about her and did not let them... At least I hope so.
But I wish they gave as in the first season at least some little moments where that would be clear Henry still cares about her too even though he might not realize it.
Old 06-04-2017, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

I will watch the episode tomorrow hopefully then will answer those awesome questions
Old 06-08-2017, 09:37 AM
Master Fan

I'm planning to do my re-watches on Fridays most weeks since Sat and Sun are usually busy for me. I will post about episode 1x02 tomorrow afternoon if everyone that wants to talk about the pilot has done so? Or I can wait to post if more people still want to talk about the pilot?
Old 06-08-2017, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

I have been so so busy that I just haven't had time to watch the pilot yet
Old 06-09-2017, 03:54 AM
Moderator Support Team

Mqybe you can watch 2 eps in a row then? i will watch ep 2 today or tomorrow the latest

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 06-09-2017, 08:11 AM
Master Fan

Episode 2

Regina was so evil in this episode!! Killing her father, attacking Mal, threatening just about everyone, setting Emma up so Henry would overhear her saying she thinks he is "crazy". Ouch.

The Regina and Rumple scenes in both SB and the EF were my favs. Lana and Bobby work so well together.

I also loved the scene with Mal. This was back when Regina actually kicked the other villain's asses. And when casting the dark curse was something really horrible that would cause emptiness and a void that could never be filled. Those consequences no longer applied by season 3 when Snow cast the curse, although she did have to temporarily kill Charming to enact it. Also a nice reference to the Black Fairy (although I doubt that was planned yet at this time) when Mal said whoever created that curse made them look positively moral.

I didn't remember that Regina stated her apple tree was a honey crisp apple tree. I love honey crisp apples. The feud between Regina and Emma really escalated in this episode.

Interesting that Archie mentioned that Henry had been in therapy awhile and that Regina's attempts to bring him closer had failed. It makes it sound like he and Regina were never close. The regal believer stuff this season is just killing my heart and not in a good way. I remember now why I doubted if Regina really loved him up until the end of season 1.
Old 06-09-2017, 08:21 AM
Loyal Fan

I wasn't totally sure If she really did love him but after the episode centred around Archie where Henry was in danger and she was so worried I thought she really did care for him...

I really wish they still let Regina be strong powerful one of the best witches instead of what they are doing with her magical power now. I kinda wish someone asked Lana about this at convention, I wonder what her thoughts on this subject would be like...
Old 06-09-2017, 12:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

I will try watch both episodes in a row