Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-24-2017, 12:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't know what to think.

On one hand, Lucy has only mentioned both Emma and the EQ in passing from the book. In the premiere, Emma's name was brought up to Henry, and last episode the EQ, when the story about Young Henry in the mines was referenced. She referenced neither of them as 'grandma' but openly refers to Victoria as grandma all the time. I don't get it if she supposedly remembers. They are writing Lucy solely as this cheerleader for her parents finding each other with no other ties to other family except the Cinderella connection. Nothing relevant to our returning 3. Even Rumple is technically related.

I guess we have to maybe acknowledge the possibility that our expectations for Regina & Lucy are different than theirs. Which will be such a huge disappointment. I agree that 3 episodes in and still no scenes is strange otherwise.

I am totally confused about the timeline for Lucy's birth, lol. I have a feeling the scenes from s6 are going to wind up not making sense, lol.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 10-24-2017, 06:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
They are writing Lucy solely as this cheerleader for her parents finding each other with no other ties to other family except the Cinderella connection.
Exactly and it's not doing anything for her character either. Her scenes are very repetitive.

Quote:
I guess we have to maybe acknowledge the possibility that our expectations for Regina & Lucy are different than theirs.
I think that is what happened for me. The BTS pics Lana has posted of she and Alison got me excited for this dynamic and I think it's just ended up meaning they sometimes hang out together on breaks, not that they are filming together. I also think I was basing some of it on season one Henry who had scenes with many different characters, including his grandparents, but Lucy seems to have no interest in anyone other than her parents.
Old 10-24-2017, 09:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry02 (View Post)
Exactly and it's not doing anything for her character either. Her scenes are very repetitive.
Agreed. It's becoming repetitive and also quite one dimensional. I expected her to be the kid involved with the rest of the characters who are also cursed, trying to inspire hope & belief for them as well but, as of right now, it just feels like she is being used as a plot device to push the Henry|Cinderella pairing onto the audience by constantly repeating how they are true love. As if saying it over and over will change anybody's minds? Whoever likes them, already does.

I hope this changes in the very near future.

Quote:
I think that is what happened for me. The BTS pics Lana has posted of she and Alison got me excited for this dynamic and I think it's just ended up meaning they sometimes hang out together on breaks, not that they are filming together.
I think I was building my assumptions around the same thing. Is it possible we were mistaken about them filming that scene? Is it possible they were just on a filming break and spent time walking together across the street?

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 10-25-2017, 01:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
I think I was building my assumptions around the same thing. Is it possible we were mistaken about them filming that scene? Is it possible they were just on a filming break and spent time walking together across the street?
That could be. It's been so long now since that filming, I don't know what made me think it was part of a scene, but it could be that Lana and Alison were just passing time between takes.
Old 10-26-2017, 08:50 AM
Moderator Support Team

maybe lucy doesnt know it all? or its just more important for her to first get her parents back together than anything else. or its just bad writing lol

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 10-26-2017, 10:02 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Regal (View Post)
or its just bad writing lol
I think that might be it.

I was listening to a podcast the other day and there was an interview with A&E and they said Lucy does not actually remember, she believes because of the book, the same way Henry did in season one. Henry knew who everyone was though just by reading the book, so she should know too. Or it might be like you said, that she figures her parents are the most important and she thinks if she can get them to believe and have a TLK, then the curse will break and everything else will fall into place. Considering they seem to be repeating season one, that's probably what will happen.
Old 10-26-2017, 12:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Lucy doesn't remember? Then I have no clue how she connected herself to being the daughter of Cinderella and Henry then. I can't even speculate the pictures inside the book, which makes the others look foolish for not noticing too Isn't Henry's writing in his first book about the events of s1-s6? He was just starting to write another? I guess they want us to assume the Cinderella story is included too.

Well, I'm still confused about how her father, Henry, got swept up in s6 flashforward scenes while Lucy was left standing with the actual book talking with Tiger Lily. Was that not the curse that grabbed Henry, but something else?

Old 10-26-2017, 12:34 PM
Master Fan

There's a lot about Lucy that doesn't make sense to me.

I thought Lucy's book was supposed to be what happened in the first 6 seasons which means Lucy and Ella shouldn't even be in the book. In the finale, wasn't Lucy looking at the last page of the book and it was the dinner scene at Granny's?

We need a copy of that storybook so we we can see if stuff is missing from it or these characters just aren't very bright.
Old 10-26-2017, 12:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry02 (View Post)
There's a lot about Lucy that doesn't make sense to me.

I thought Lucy's book was supposed to be what happened in the first 6 seasons which means Lucy and Ella shouldn't even be in the book. In the finale, wasn't Lucy looking at the last page of the book and it was the dinner scene at Granny's?
Yeah, that was exactly what I was thinking about because that was a copy of Henry's book which he wrote himself. It's not the REAL book that is supposed to be sitting safe & snug back inside the library of the Sorcerer's Mansion in SB because it was completed (ie. Younger Henry referenced this in the s7 premiere). So I also have no idea how or why Lucy had what appeared to be the real book in s6 flashforward scenes.

And didn't that last page with the picture of Granny's diner include writing along the lines of ... they lived happily ever after. The end. ?

Quote:
We need a copy of that storybook so we we can see if stuff is missing from it or these characters just aren't very bright.
I guess we are being forced to chalk it up as just another plot hole - much like Henry riding a motorcycle for years with unlimited gas or possessing a cell phone that never requires recharging?

Old 10-26-2017, 02:18 PM
Master Fan

I went back and looked at screen caps to see if we are remembering correctly and Lucy definitely has the original storybook from season 1 with her when the "darkness" comes and Henry disappears and also when she is talking to Tiger Lily. Then in the Seattle scene, she has what appears to be the current book with the white cover and is looking at scene at Granny's and it says at the bottom "They lived happily ever after...". I guess we don't know for sure that was the last page of the book. I assumed it was, but maybe not.
Old 10-26-2017, 05:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's probably not a stretch that we are correct because 'they lived happily ever after' is a line that ends fairytale stories.

Old 10-27-2017, 04:27 AM
Moderator Support Team

okay that confuses me too a lot. so she believes because of the book henry wrote. then yes how can she connect herself to cinderella being her mother and henry being her dad? there is a lot with this show that i just dont get hahaha but i guess thats the writers fault too

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 10-27-2017, 05:06 AM
Master Fan

Something I thought of after my last post is that the storybook Lucy is holding when she's with Tiger Lily looks like the season 1 storybook because of the cover, but we never see the inside. Maybe Henry did write about his experiences in EF2 in another book that just had a similar cover. I think all the blank books in the sorcerer's mansion looked the same on the outside. I might have been wrong to assume it's the same book from season one. But where is that book now because it doesn't seem that Lucy still has it?

I also realize I am probably way overthinking it and most of this won't be explained.
Old 10-27-2017, 08:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Sherry, it is certainly possible that the book Lucy had in EF2 was another story with the same cover. I am counting on most of it not being explained because they will be rushed for time to close up whatever they introduce in s7.

Old 10-27-2017, 10:08 AM
Master Fan

It's been an issue with this show for a while that they tend to have more storyline ideas than they do time to develop them so I'm expecting we'll be left to guess at the timeline, at least on some things.

I think I'm going to have to accept that Lucy and Regina/Roni aren't going to have the relationship I hoped for, at least not for now. If it turns out Lucy isn't born until shortly before the curse, there may not be any flashback scenes for them at all.