Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2014, 07:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I personally would not go so far as to say Emma is not Henry's mother at all but what I think is ultimately agreed upon is that Regina & Henry share that deeper rooted bond and history because Regina is the mother who raised him. For good or the bad, and I realize there was a lot of the bad at a certain point ( Regina's struggles of S1) as Regina herself even confessed to what she did to Henry out of her own fears this season, she was MOM. But because of Regina's own confession and guilt, I do not think anyone could fault Emma for being the concerned birth mother of S1. There was justification. Plus, Henry sought out Emma and not the other way around. It would have been pretty heartless had she not cared and looked into these concerns, just because she put him up for adoption, based on what Henry himself was telling her about his life.

My problem came along when it was pretty evident to Emma after S1 that Regina loved her son and wanted to do right by him. The decisions to blot out Regina as the primary parent, who needed to be informed and involved every step of the way, is what I found unfair {not letting Henry spend a night at Regina's, the weird reaction to Henry wanting to spend time at Regina's after the Pan incident, even if they did not know yet it was actually Fake!Henry; and lastly, wanting to take Henry back to NY without Regina's input or consent).

Ideally, Henry does see both Emma and Regina as his moms. There is nothing wrong with that and Emma and Henry will share their own bond with time. For me, I just feel the chemistry better between Regina & Henry and much of that probably has to do with Lana & Jared's natural chemistry together onscreen. Their story was bittersweet and Henry opening Regina's heart to love again was awesome. It was a redeemable relationship to root for. Lana & Jared just make it work and, like others, I am extremely grateful for the positive progression of Regina & Henry this season. I would have to say amongst all the Frozen, it turned out to be my favorite relationship portrayal of s4, part a.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 12-04-2014 at 08:08 AM
Old 12-04-2014, 08:05 AM
Loyal Fan

I already post this on OUAT forum but thought it would be nice to have it here too.

x

Last edited by Lenka5; 12-04-2014 at 08:28 AM
Old 12-04-2014, 08:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Nice. They have come so far.

I love the contemplative look of Henry when Regina told him she did love him, after awaking from the sleeping curse coma. The innocence of a child ... Not angry or denying it because of what happened but remaining open to the very possibility.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 12-04-2014, 08:28 AM
Loyal Fan

I have no doubts Emma truly loves Henry and he loves her but Regina always will be his primary mother for me. Emma gave him up (to give him better life but still, she did it voluntarily), asked for close adoption. She should feel exteremely lucky and grateful that despite these facts she can still be part of his life... No many biological mother can.
Regina raised Henry since he was baby, was there when he said his first word, did his first step, when he was sick, when he had bad dream, when he started going to school, answered his "why" questions, made him to eat vegetables ...and all these other things parents usually do.
Now I undestand that this show is fantasy and Regina was the evil queen and all that so it's not that easy on this show but still..
And yes I mostly understood Emma's action in the first season but I really hated how the writers downplayed Regina as Henry's mom after season 1.

I have no problem of Emma being in Henry's life, them caring for each other, having great time but it does not change the fact she is not THE mom.

Also that is just my impression but I feel like Henry and Emma have more dynamic as little brother and older sister or maybe nephew and aunt. On the other hand Regina really seems maternal, I really feel the mother son dynamic there more.
I think Jared has a great chemistry with both actresses, but with Jen they really seem most natural in those "siblings" scene, while with Lana their really feel natural like mom and son.

Last edited by Lenka5; 12-04-2014 at 08:33 AM
Old 12-04-2014, 08:39 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenka5 (View Post)
Also that is just my impression but I feel like Henry and Emma have more dynamic as little brother and older sister or maybe nephew and aunt. On the other hand Regina really seems maternal, I really feel the mother son dynamic there more. I think Jared has a great chemistry with both actresses, but with Jen they really seem most natural in those "siblings" scene, while with Lana their really feel natural like mom and son.
THIS.
Old 12-04-2014, 09:03 AM
Dedicated Fan

I also think that Lana & Jared's chemistry made Regina & Henry feels more like mom and son, compared to Emma & Henry.
Old 12-04-2014, 09:04 AM
Moderator Support Team

love the gifs. they perfectly show how much has changed between them. although i believe that before the book and the adoption coming out, it was like that between them too

yes Emma has an older sister or aunt dynamic wiht henry. even in the missing year she was the one rather playing playstation with him then telling him to go to bed lol.

but I know that both of his motthers love him a lot. I just prefer the relationship he has with Regina because to me it seems more genuine

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 12-04-2014, 09:24 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Evil Regalღ (View Post)
lI know that both of his motthers love him a lot. I just prefer the relationship he has with Regina because to me it seems more genuine
Old 12-04-2014, 11:01 AM
Loyal Fan

While watching the show I did not notice this but Regina's protection spell for Henry was in the shape of a heart.

x
Old 12-04-2014, 12:13 PM
Elite Fan

'Cause she loves her baby boy so much. SOB. Someone give me tissues. I adore them.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:27 PM
Moderator Support Team

henry and regina are the best relationship on the show hands down. I love OQ a lot of course but Regal Believer just kills it. mommy regina is amazing

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 12-04-2014, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Lovely gifset
Old 12-04-2014, 01:33 PM
Elite Fan

Suz, I totally agree. Regina and Henry have been and always will be my favorite relationship on the show.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:46 PM
Loyal Fan

Regal believer is definitely my favorite relationship as well.
Old 12-07-2014, 07:45 AM
Graphics Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenka5 (View Post)
While watching the show I did not notice this but Regina's protection spell for Henry was in the shape of a heart.

http://38.media.tumblr.com/8e3a07925...tzcyo1_500.gif
x
Yes I had noticed this. It would've been cute too if the wave of the spell was also in a heart
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time