Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-27-2017, 12:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

That isn't the same and why should EQ get the happy ending that is sending mixed messages there!
Old 03-27-2017, 12:04 PM
Moderator Support Team

exactly. i mean technically the evil queen is half regina but its still not the same. and that robin is also not THE robin. its like you want coke and get pepsi (maybe not the best example since I love pepsi but you get what i mean )

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 03-27-2017, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

I do get what you mean they couldn't give us OQ so trying to get away with a substitute
Old 03-27-2017, 12:50 PM
Moderator Support Team

exactly- and I so didnt want to see that

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 03-27-2017, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Know its just no closure for our Regina then! she just sees her evil half get her happy ending!
Old 03-27-2017, 06:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, lol, I don't like it. I mean, I said it elsewhere too - I recognize OQ fans are forced to accept whatever scraps they throw out and that the writers could have done something even more unsatisfying but I reached a place awhile ago where I just don't settle. Give it to me right or not at all.

Plus, by the way people are explaining it, it sounds like they made it so Page 23 was never about hope for our OQ. Something about the page only symbolizing hope when Regina needed it? That page 23 was EQ's story. Like they are downplaying what our Robin was to Regina; only a 'test' in her reality to realize she just needed to love herself. People have also been clarifying that EQ is now a mixture of light and dark just like Regina. To me, it sounds like they turned Regina and EQ into two separate people and; therefore, page 23 is rendered meaningless for s3 OQ & makes no sense. 1) because Regina isn't the one living the page 23 happy ending and 2) page 23 was an AU reality before any wish Robin existed from a wish. He should NOT be that Robin Hood. This page was before the Regina split. EQ was her other half that came out of HERSELF; she is not an AU Regina|EQ of page 23.

So in the end, the real OQ meant nothing. The real Robin Hood is left destroyed and it turned out pointless for Tink to have ever lead Young Regina to that tavern since the wonky message appears to be THAT Robin was never meant for her. Her doppelganger type of twin was going to get the tavern meeting Yeah, let me stop before I give myself a headache, LOL.

I guess I score when I said it wouldn't surprise me if they never explained why wish Robin was younger compared to everybody else?

Glad some of you at least got to enjoy some onscreen chemistry since the story itself was such a waste.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 03-27-2017 at 06:52 PM
Old 03-27-2017, 06:59 PM
Master Fan

Heather, yeah, that's a pretty good summary of how it played out. Not only did it not add to the OQ story from previous seasons, but it actually regressed the story a bit by making it seem like our Regina and Robin were never really connected in the way we were led to believe.

Nope, they never explained why he was younger and Adam specifically said that would be explained and they didn't follow through.

I'm guessing now that the split queen arc and the wish Robin arc have wrapped up, Regina will just be a supporting player in the stories that still need to be wrapped up before the end of the season. I do actually like the Gideon/Rumbelle story, so I might keep tuning in for that.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sherry, yeah, the pathetic part is that A&E probably thought this was clever storytelling.

Regina had so much tragedy and for what? Now to be like a blank canvas character who will probably just play a supporting character with no story of her own? What would they even do with her in a s7? With EQ gone from her, the personal struggle may be resolved but she's left with nothing to even show for. Except Henry who is practically on the verge of young adulthood soon. She goes through all of that just so she could love herself. Okay great. Which is an important first step but she doesn't get to make out with the happy ending that doesn't require the loss of love; the crux of her story: Daniel, Robin etc. If s6 is the end, Regina's ending is to be alone loving herself. While only one couple will be rewarded (ie. Cause I suspect Rumple might die in a finale titled The Final Battle). Not that fullfilling as a Regina fan - at this point I almost prefer her death and meeting Daniel in the afterlife.

The whole soulmate canon is retconned - I kind of feel like OQ fans are being duped by this because of seeing EQ be with Wish Robin. Now Tink helping Young Regina find her soulmate at the Tavern means nothing if it was never meant for her.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 03-27-2017 at 08:32 PM
Old 03-27-2017, 10:52 PM
Elite Fan

I feel like Regina's story is definitely over, 7 episodes before the end. So yeah, I don't think I'll keep watching the CS show until the end. Hope Lana is leaving after this season, she deserves better.
Old 03-28-2017, 02:08 AM
Moderator Support Team

i honestly agree. I hope either the Show Ends or that Lana will leave and look for something better. dont get me wrong. I love Regina - i love the evil queen and I could spend days just watching lana act. but the storyline is over and they are not giving her a better one. the wirters decided to take their Attention somewhere else and so there is that.

lana should do a Comedy-. i would tune in

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 03-28-2017, 04:10 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, she'd be supporting in season 7 at best. She needs a role where she's the female lead.
Old 03-28-2017, 04:28 AM
Moderator Support Team

she should have just gone to the wish real herself

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 03-28-2017, 08:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, I would check out Lana in a comedy. But I agree, Lana needs to be the lead somewhere.

And I never thought Regina's story should only be about a man but I long suspected once they pulled the Robin Hood story + love connection from her, she would be left with nothing. No story of her own. We saw sparks of that in the s4 Frozen arc when Robin returned to fake Marian. Regina had so little air time. The aurhor story in part 4B wasn't even hers anymore because they made that more about the Snowing|Lily & Emma egg story.

Suz, I love Regina too and, for me, that's why I had to stop watching. Regina|Lana is so good that I can't bare watching the inferior material she's stuck with anymore. I am just not interested in the CS material which I'm pretty sure will dominate a s7 if there is one. Snowing & Rumbelle fans already feel cheated.

A&E just love Hook and there's nothing that can be done about that. I've read people say they think they only care about Hook & Regina because of airtime. But I disagree about Regina - look at what Regina gets stuck with compared to Hook. Things will ultimately work out for Hook after all the drama ends, not for Regina though. I don't care how many minutes of screentime is counted up for her. In my opinion, lack of screentime & material is just as bad as screentime w/bad material.

Old 03-28-2017, 05:02 PM
Master Fan

I can't picture Lana in a comedy. Maybe it's because Regina is such a complex character, but I can only envision Lana in a serious role.

I think I'll always be bitter about all the lost potential of OQ. It is difficult for me to understand how a story can start so well and then just fall apart. Was in change in writers? I remember there was a writer in season 3 named Kalinda that OQ fans really liked and she left. I don't keep up with who wrote which episodes, but clearly things changed after 3b and just kept getting worse.

I don't know what they would do with Regina if they did get another season. If they ever gave her another love interest, I'd consider it a death sentence for that character.
Old 03-28-2017, 06:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, Sherry, I don't think we'd have to worry about that. I don't see them ever giving Regina another love interest on this show.