Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-08-2018, 02:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

I have avoided spoilers and that is hard as I now they are around
Old 05-08-2018, 07:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Spoilers kind of leaked a main thing for her but I, too, also had hoped she'd have something more personal instead of just virtually repeating the same thing, just a bit more on a grander scale.
That's what it seems like is going to happen.
Old 05-09-2018, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am excited to see how it all ends but sad too as then it means no more new episodes!
Old 05-19-2018, 04:20 PM
Master Fan

My thoughts on this season overall.

This wasn't my favorite season, but it also wasn't my least favorite season. I enjoyed meeting some new characters, but I think the loss of so many long-term characters, the location change, and the move to Friday nights proved to be too many changes all at one time.

I never really cared for Hyperion Heights. It lacked the charm of Storybrooke. I did like the idea of having fairytale characters mixed with non-fairytale characters, but that was not really explored. They didn't take advantage of the one thing Hyperion Heights had working in it's favor.

I don't think they gave Regina a strong enough storyline. She was rarely part of the action and spent too much time standing around in that bar worrying about Henry. The last few episodes were a huge improvement, but it didn't make up for the rest of the season.

Rumple had a good story that didn't get much screen time. He was very under-used.

I thought Wish Hook was the best version of Hook. I did get tired of the pirate adventures, but I enjoyed his scenes with Alice. I think he and Regina could have been really good friends and wish that had been explored. They had a lot in common this season.

I think Andrew did a great job as Henry, but I don't think Henry was strong enough to be the main character. I never cared for his relationship with Ella/Jacinda. I noticed the second half of the season focused a lot less on them. I think the writers realized Jacinda wasn't well liked, but it was too late to do anything about it. Lucy annoyed me a bit in the first half, but I enjoyed her character a lot more in the second half. It was nice to see her finally have some interaction with Regina.

I don't think they had time for Tiana or any of the characters from The Princess and the Frog. None of them played an important role this season. It would have been a good story to do if they'd had a season 8.

The serial killer story with Nick was pointless. They should have kept the focus on Gothel as the villain. They had too many villains in the second half.

I was surprised to find myself liking Robyn. I will never like the story that created her, but the character herself is much more like her father than her mother and that went a long way with me. She and Alice are a cute couple.

I think Drizella was by far the best new character and I wish they had kept her all season. I didn't care for Victoria, but I did enjoy her backstory as Rapunzel.

There is a part of me that is really sad the show is over, but I also feel it was past time for me to let go. I need to get this show out of my head now. No rewatches or anything like that for me in the near future. Eventually I will re-watch, but I need some time to let go first.
Old 05-20-2018, 03:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yes I understand that to say goodbye to a show that has been in our lives for 7 years is a huge thing!
Old 05-21-2018, 08:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked s7 but not as much as I would have if they had actually given Regina a strong storyline. That is my biggest gripe about this season, which brought it down several notches for me because she needed to be more central to what was going on and to have her own storylines.

I was okay with the location change and exploring HH but like it was said, they didn't really do much with it so it was a surface shift. They originally spoke alot about gentrification but this idea did not go very far. It would have been neat to have a couple main characters impacting the story who were NOT fairytale characters.

Henry & Cinderella just didn't work for me as a pairing. Jacinda was okay as a solo character but there was just no chemistry for me in a romantic relationship with Henry.

Overall, I think there was wasted opportunity to make s7 so much better instead of jumping around into all these scattered multiple subplots it took a long time to get back to (ie. Coven of 8 plot thrown in 1 episode I am looking at you).

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 05-21-2018, 08:29 AM
Moderator Support Team

If they had given Regina a full and good storyline i would have been more invested. I always hopef for a huge showdown with lady tremaine but that never happened. I fwlt they focused on the wrong things overall and inhaf the feeling that lana said goodbye to the show before we did. I liked the last episodes tho where it was about Regina, rumple and the old gang even nook i liked.

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 05-21-2018, 02:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

They didn;t give her enough!