Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2018, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Once Upon a Time Episode Disussion thread 7x16 Breadcrumbs

7x16: Breadcrumbs
April 6th, 2018 @ 8:00 p.m. Eastern

Description :

Henry grapples with an important decision when a job prospect in New York threatens to take him away from Jacinda and Lucy but a revelation in the case of The Candy Killer could make it even harder to leave Hyperion Heights. Meanwhile Margot confides in Tilly and in a flashback, Hook helps Henry find a way to prove himself to Ella.

PROMOS:

RULES :

+ Some of you may not like everything about the episode. Please try to be constructive when you are criticizing something.
+ Do not insult characters/actors. Please stay positive.
+ Respect eachother's ships.
+ Enjoy!

Old 04-06-2018, 07:55 AM
Moderator Support Team

thank you for opening (i will do the next one ) and happy once day

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 04-07-2018, 10:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The Rumple|Henry scenes were nice. I didn't care for much else. No Regina at all but, hey, she has no real story of her own anyway so ...

Memorable line from the episode:

Henry: I came here to find my story and I refuse to believe I am just a character in some one else's. - Ironic, considering that Regina was convinced to stick around by Henry to find her story too and she continues to just be a character in somebody else's.

You know, for a character as popular as Regina, you would never know it based on how little they've written for her in s7. *sighs*

Why all the Pirate stuff again? We just had that for Hook & Alice a couple episodes back. That stuff bores me, sorry.

*Rant Ahead*

I have to be honest. As the final season is winding down, I just really don't care that much about the remaining episodes. Especially considering Regina has pretty much been shafted as a main character this entire season. To be fair, Rumple has been too but I stuck around for Regina. She has had no EF2 story of her own at all, yet like New Hook, Zelena will get an entire centric episode focused on her for next week with her fiance based on EF2 connections to new characters, like Nick|Hansel? For crying out loud, Regina is the s7 main character, not freaking Zelena, yet Regina can't get some storyline focus with the Candy Killer with her as a target? Regina has been relegated to a bar hostess the entire time in HH and while I am grateful for the little bit of Regina|Lucy we got, that appears to be fleeting right now and the whole connection between Regina|Facilier has just been thrown in with small doses on the side. Which I am also confident won't last anyway despite the fact I am not into them.

Tilly|Margot are cute but I just don't have the heart to invest in any new relationships after Regina got shafted in the serious love department and the show is ending shortly anyway. I think I will be mostly relieved when it's finally over so I won't feel obligated to watch for my favorite character anymore. I realize others may feel differently but Regina was the only reason I came back. I got frustrated with this show going back to s4 and by s6, stopped watching. Then I caught up just for Regina.

I will finish the series and perhaps there will be individual moments leading up to the finale which I can appreciate but I am doing so with little to no enthusiasm. Sorry to be the Debbie Downer but the season has turned into a disappointment.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 04-07-2018 at 10:39 AM
Old 04-07-2018, 12:06 PM
Master Fan

I enjoyed the Henry and Rumple scenes and Nathan Parsons (Nick) does creepy pretty well.

Alice and Robyn are cute, but don't really interest me. As I've said before, I don't care for pre-established couples. It removes any element of wondering if they'll get together, same as Henry and Jacinda.

I thought the flashbacks were boring.

I'm feeling pretty disappointed with this season too. Gothel is the main villain and Regina has been in one scene with her - a group scene where they had no interaction other than Gothel telling Regina they had poisoned Henry. She had two scenes with Victoria in 7x01 and I think that was it. She did at least have some interaction with Drizella, but it was mostly limited to 7x06 and a few random scenes here and there and now that's over. So far there is no indication she is going to be tied into the witch killer storyline either. I don't know what they are going to do with Facilier, but it doesn't seem to be more than a side story, though it is all she has outside of talking to Henry or talking to other people about Henry. I will finish out the series because I am too invested in Regina's character to quit before it's completely over, but I have very little hope for her to have any storyline outside of just spending the rest of the season doing what she has been doing for the last 10 episodes, which is looking for a way to save Henry when the curse breaks.
Old 04-07-2018, 12:41 PM
Moderator Support Team

will be watching tomorrow hopefully

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 04-07-2018, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I actually do enjoy Nathan Parsons as an actor. I think he does a good job in his role as the Candy Killer. He isn't the problem for me but rather it is the disjointed story his character is part of. I mean, the Witch Killer idea connected to the Hansel|Gretel story was interesting in and of itself but it did no justice to any Coven of 8 development. I mean, originally, at least the Coven & Witch killer ideas went hand in hand when the killer was only targeting the Coven members themselves, no matter how poorly I felt the story was developed. But now, just so they can push the spotlight onto Zelena with this killer, the killer is now targeting any random witch. Nevermind Regina, though, who is a main character, a witch, & was forced into the Coven. No Candy killer involvement for her. But I guess at the end of the day, Regina being the Eighth Witch amounted to nothing storywise for her except for one episode to push the plot for how the curse got cast. At least Weaver & Rogers get to be directly involved with the witch killer plot since they are investigating the case. Regina just feels so disconnected from most of the main plots. What will be especially eyeroll worthy next episode is if Regina is nowhere to be found in the story when her son is being held hostage by the killer. Considering they made any little thing she did this season to be about Henry. Yeah, she may be off trying to find the missing ingredient to break the curse & save Henry but it means very little to me while it is happening offscreen.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 04-07-2018, 01:12 PM
Master Fan

They'll probably work in a few scenes for Regina next week since she wasn't in this week's episode, but I don't expect more than a couple since it is the one Lana directed. I also don't expect Henry to be saved by something as simple as a potion so I expect nothing to come out of Regina's offscreen search.
Old 04-07-2018, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

To be honest, at the end of the day, I wouldn't be surprised if Regina doesn't even do the saving. They will throw in something completely random and out of the blue, by way of Jacinda or something, and then Regina's whole s7 quest becomes pointless outside of the fact that it would be in character for her to try and save her son.

Old 04-07-2018, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Suz no problem and OK I will remember that for next week then

I will hopefully be watching this tomorrow!
Old 04-08-2018, 03:06 AM
Moderator Support Team

watching now. but so far (20 minutes in) it isnt that eventful

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 04-09-2018, 06:32 AM
Master Fan

Did you end up finishing the episode Suz?
Old 04-09-2018, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

I was sad there was no Regina what so ever!

But I did enjoy the Nick being Hansel storyline and now that he has Henry that heats things up!

I liked the Tilly/Rogers scenes and that Tilly and Margot are connecting even in the curse world. She made Margot see that Zelena may not be all that bad for keeping a secret.

I do hope that Regina is back in this weeks episode!
Old 04-09-2018, 04:13 PM
Master Fan

She's in at least one scene for the next episode because she's in the promo pics. Hopefully it will be more than one scene.
Old 04-10-2018, 02:19 AM
Moderator Support Team

yes i fisniehd the ep and i liked the parts wiht margot and tilly

and yes i hope regina is in the new one, for longer than just one scene

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 04-10-2018, 10:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

I hope so too!