Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-23-2018, 05:32 AM
Moderator Support Team

Once Upon a Time Episode Disussion thread 7x14 - The Girl in the Tower

7x14: The Girl in the Tower
March 23rd, 2018 @ 8:00 p.m. Eastern

Description :
TILLY FIGHTS TO PROVE HER INNOCENCE WHILE ALICE FINDS HER WAY IN A LONELY WORLD AND FORGES AN UNBREAKABLE CONNECTION,
ON ABC’S ‘ONCE UPON A TIME’

“The Girl in the Tower” – Rogers works to prove Tilly’s innocence in the case of the Blind Baker’s death, while Ivy attempts to make amends with Anastasia, and Samdi makes a revealing confession to Roni. Meanwhile, in a faraway realm, Alice forms an unbreakable bond, on “Once Upon a Time,” FRIDAY, MARCH 23 (8:00–9:01 p.m. EDT), on The ABC Television Network, streaming and on demand.

“Once Upon a Time” stars Lana Parrilla as Regina/Roni, Robert Carlyle as Rumpelstiltskin/Weaver, Colin O’Donoghue as Hook/Rogers, Andrew J. West as Henry Mills, Gabrielle Anwar as Lady Tremaine/Victoria Belfrey, Dania Ramirez as Cinderella/Jacinda, Alison Fernandez as Lucy, and Mekia Cox as Sabine/Tiana.

Guest starring in this episode are Rebecca Mader as Zelena/Kelly, Rose Reynolds as Alice/Tilly, Adelaide Kane as Drizella/Ivy, Emma Booth as The Witch/Gothel/Eloise Gardener, Daniel Francis as Dr. Facilier/Mr. Samdi, Yael Yurman as Anastasia and Tiera Skovbye as Robin/Margot.

PROMOS:

RULES :

+ Some of you may not like everything about the episode. Please try to be constructive when you are criticizing something.
+ Do not insult characters/actors. Please stay positive.
+ Respect eachother's ships.
+ Enjoy!

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 03-23-2018, 07:55 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for opening the thread! Will watch tonight.
Old 03-23-2018, 10:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread. Looking forward to the Regina|Lucy operation.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 03-23-2018, 11:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

So sorry suz I was meant to do this last night! I will be back to my usual self and doing more afte I've moved and have my laptop time back
Old 03-23-2018, 06:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked the episode.

Robyn & Alice do make a cute pair. You know, it's ashame the Zelena connection casts such a shadow over the Robyn character because I actually do like the actress playing her. I like the way she portrays her.

Somebody is definitely setting up Tilly|Alice. It has to be somebody who knows about the gaps in her mind|memory and they are using it to their advantage. From the preview, the killer with the mask looks a bit small framed so it could be a woman.

I really liked the Henry|Ivy scene. Her apology was sincere and bittersweet because Henry isn't aware of the significance quite yet, and yes, I felt the chemistry between them.

So Facilier is actually after the Dark One dagger? I wasn't expecting that, lol. Is he looking to become the new DO himself? I really thought he'd be after the resurrection amulet unless he maybe is and is just purposely misleading Regina. Who knows. I still don't think he can be trusted.

The Regina|Lucy scene was cute. Wish we had a bit more, though. And is it just me or did they cut out the Zelena scene from the preview where she scolded Regina for sending in her prime kiddie? Maybe I missed it.

If Facilier's card reading pointing to The Lovers in the future is not referencing Robin Hood in the end, I will blow a gasket.

The preview for next week looks good. So we will get some more Regina|Drizella scenes even in a flashback. But, on the downside, looks like our feelings were right and the killer is going to go after Drizella. That might not end well if it's the cliffhanger.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 03-23-2018 at 06:46 PM
Old 03-23-2018, 08:07 PM
Master Fan

I really liked the episode too.

I like Alice and Robyn. It's obviously going to be a little rushed, but I expected that given the time we have left. I think I can enjoy Robyn's character away from Zelena.

I think I would have reallllly liked Henry with Ivy. They missed a good opportunity there considering that Henry and Jacinda have no chemistry.

My only guess about Facilier and the dagger is that he wants to become the dark one. I also think he might be using Regina as a way to get to Rumple, but not sure why or how. He must have told her his plan for a reason. He knows she's probably going to tell Rumple.

The line of Zelena scolding Regina for sending Lucy to the apartment was there, but it was quick. Facilier acted like he's met Zelena before, but in the last episode Zelena acted surprised that Regina knew him ("that voodoo witch doctor with the ridiculous hat? you know him?") Continuity mistake?

I don't know what to think about the lovers card. She admits to having feelings for Facilier and I think he has feelings for her, but they each have other priorities and I don't think they will be able to reconcile their differences. I think it's another doomed relationship for Regina. I'd love to believe the card is about Robin, but this episode was filmed before Christmas. I'm not sure what they even knew about the finale and who would be in it at that point.

I hope there will be more Regina and Lucy in the next episode. That wasn't enough. I did LOVE when Lucy took the picture and she said "I have to show this to grandma."

The promo:
I thought the killer looked like a woman too. I still can't get the idea out of my mind that it's Nick though. It has to be a disposable character that can easily be written out when the killer is caught or killed.

Facilier is in that office with Gothel, Drizella, and Ana. I suspect he's in league with Gothel.

Looking forward to Regina scenes with Rumple and Drizella next week! Boo to Reina getting Vader'd in the flashbacks though. Seriously? Is she really unable to defend herself against someone who just started learning magic? She's the Evil Queen! They act like she learned magic last week.

ETA: Something I noticed tonight. The writers for this episode live tweeted. Obviously it would be mostly about Alice and Robyn, but they never mention Regina and Facilier. No one is promoting it - not the writers, not the media, not Lana. There is no chance of this lasting, The story is pretty much being ignored.

Last edited by sherry02; 03-23-2018 at 09:13 PM
Old 03-23-2018, 10:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry02 (View Post)
The line of Zelena scolding Regina for sending Lucy to the apartment was there, but it was quick.
Then I definitely missed it. My sister was blow drying her hair in the hall right next to where I was watching. I did get distracted a bit.

Quote:
Facilier acted like he's met Zelena before, but in the last episode Zelena acted surprised that Regina knew him ("that voodoo witch doctor with the ridiculous hat? you know him?") Continuity mistake?
Perhaps it's just context? Zelena is quick with a quip so she could have merely been describing him by his appearance when making a dig. She probably didn't know her sister also crossed paths with him at some point. Plus, Zelena had been playing it off like she was still cursed around him and unsure of whether Facilier was awake himself until this episode when she confronted Regina.

Quote:
I don't know what to think about the lovers card. She admits to having feelings for Facilier and I think he has feelings for her, but they each have other priorities and I don't think they will be able to reconcile their differences. I think it's another doomed relationship for Regina. I'd love to believe the card is about Robin, but this episode was filmed before Christmas. I'm not sure what they even knew about the finale and who would be in it at that point.
I do think the original intention at the time this episode was written & filmed was to set up Facilier & Regina. However, it is also possible that The Lovers card was meant to be a nod to some random LI for Regina in the future who would turn out more serious in a s8 or beyond. Regina did admit to having feelings for Facilier but the set up still comes off as a fling not meant to last. I mean, Zelena's remark on how she won't judge kind of said it all for me, lol.

Quote:
The promo:
I thought the killer looked like a woman too. I still can't get the idea out of my mind that it's Nick though. It has to be a disposable character that can easily be written out when the killer is caught or killed.
The killer could still turn out to be a man and by now I think the obvious choice would be Nick. He's been kept in the shadows.

Of course, if it is a woman, I am back to Anastasia. There might be something seriously wrong or backfiring from Victoria's efforts to wake her. Maybe when she is supposedly 'resting' she's not. She could be blacking out not even remembering what she is doing.

Quote:
Facilier is in that office with Gothel, Drizella, and Ana. I suspect he's in league with Gothel.
I missed that. If he is in league with Gothel, perhaps obtaining the Dark One dagger is for her rather than himself? But then that arrangement would make me wonder what he gets in exchange for recovering that particular magical item? The resurrection amulet?

Quote:
Looking forward to Regina scenes with Rumple and Drizella next week! Boo to Reina getting Vader'd in the flashbacks though. Seriously? Is she really unable to defend herself against someone who just started learning magic? She's the Evil Queen! They act like she learned magic last week.
In her defense, Regina let her have it just before the Curse was cast, lol. My guess is Regina, in her pursuits to be more heroic, uses more restraint with her magic which is probably what she did while trying to reach Drizella. The preview was showing a glimpse of a scene, Regina might break the magical hold. But, yeah, that quick display made her look helpless or magically ill equipped.

Quote:
ETA: Something I noticed tonight. The writers for this episode live tweeted. Obviously it would be mostly about Alice and Robyn, but they never mention Regina and Facilier. No one is promoting it - not the writers, not the media, not Lana. There is no chance of this lasting, The story is pretty much being ignored.
I think there was always the chance it was going to be short term regardless but when cancellation became official, I think they moved forward with dropping it all together. So I am really hoping that RH is resurrected.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 03-23-2018 at 10:31 PM
Old 03-24-2018, 07:14 AM
Master Fan

I think Zelena was probably thinking of her relationship with Hades when she made that "no judgement" comment, although I am getting tired of Regina making apologies to Zelena for small things like lying about having feelings for someone when Zelena has never uttered the words "I'm sorry" for any of things she did to Regina. Even Drizella seems to be learning how to make an apology.

If by chance Anastasia is the killer I'll be very surprised mostly because she's 14, but it's possible she is being mind-controlled and like you mentioned, not even aware of what she's doing.

I'l be the most surprised if the killer is someone other than Nick.

I think Regina does exercise some restraint in how she uses her magic now, but I get tired of seeing her portrayed as weak compared to other magical users. The split EQ in season 6 was strong, even against Zelena, so it makes it look like evil is what made her strong. But at least she did put up a good fight in 7x10 before the curse.

I suspect the scene from the promo is going to show what happened right before Drizella showed up at the camp when Lucy was born when she told Henry that Regina was "delayed".
Old 03-24-2018, 07:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

If Anastasia is the killer, my guess will be it's somebody like Madame Leota who managed to take possession of her body somehow via. The Resurrection amulet? So while it's a 14 year old's body, it wouldn't really be the 14 year old doing it. When she is blacking out while 'resting', the killer using her can be taking over then.

The killings started right after Ana touched the amulet to infuse it with power. A soul could have transferred into her then.

You are probably correct regarding your analyzation on Zelena. She probably was thinking about Hades but it is also giving me some insight into what the writers are likely thinking. That this is the type of relationship, like Hades, which requires judgement; the type of relationship that doesn't last, like with Hades. Zelena just won't judge even though she found her real world romance named Cgad. *sighs*

I understand the complaint about Regina & the magic use. That seems to be a trend they kicked off with when they brought in Zelena as the more powerful sister. They do appear to be insinuating that being evil is what fueled her stronger magic use and they have made no further attempts since the end of s3 to show she can tap into light magic as well since she started changing. But I do agree, her experience with magic shouldn't just seem to disappear because she is no longer angry.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 03-24-2018 at 08:11 AM
Old 03-24-2018, 08:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Dp!!!

Old 03-24-2018, 01:19 PM
Moderator Support Team

will watch the ep later

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 03-24-2018, 02:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Loving how much discussions in here

I will watch this tomorrow hopefully