Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-02-2017, 10:02 AM
Moderator Support Team

Once Upon a Time Episode Disussion thread 7x05 - Greenbacks

7x05: Greenbacks
October 27th, 2017 @ 8:00 p.m. Eastern

Description : TIANA SEEKS ANSWERS IN AN ATTEMPT TO SAVE HER KINGDOM, AND IVY PLOTS TO TAKE DOWN VICTORIA BELFREY, ON ABC’S ‘ONCE UPON A TIME’

“Greenbacks” – Tiana seeks help from a traveling soothsayer, the iconic Dr. Facilier, in an attempt to save her kingdom. But when it’s revealed that he has an ulterior motive she’s forced to take matters into her own hands. In Hyperion Heights, Sabine and Jacinda take on a risky business venture, but the strength of their friendship is tested when Victoria interferes with their plans. Meanwhile, Ivy recruits Henry to investigate Victoria, and Roni makes a discovery that could change her relationship with Henry forever. Rogers uncovers a crucial clue in his search for Eloise Gardener, on “Once Upon a Time,” FRIDAY, NOV. 3 (8:00–9:00 p.m. EDT), on The ABC Television Network.

“Once Upon a Time” stars Lana Parrilla as Regina/Roni, Robert Carlyle as Rumpelstiltskin/Weaver, Colin O’Donoghue as Hook/Rogers, Andrew J. West as Henry Mills, Gabrielle Anwar as Lady Tremaine/Victoria Belfrey, Dania Ramirez as Cinderella/Jacinda and Alison Fernandez as Lucy.

PROMOS:

RULES :

+ Some of you may not like everything about the episode. Please try to be constructive when you are criticizing something.
+ Do not insult characters/actors. Please stay positive.
+ Respect eachother's ships.
+ Enjoy!

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 11-02-2017, 01:56 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for starting the thread! Hopefully we'll have more to talk about from this one.
Old 11-02-2017, 03:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton

This looks to be promising for Roni/Regina and Henry
Old 11-03-2017, 06:39 PM
Master Fan

So there wasn't as much as Roni and Henry as I expected, but what we got was good. Even cursed, Roni can't help but be his mom.

I like Tiana/Sabine and I enjoyed her backstory and her friendship with Jacinda, but it didn't really move the plot forward in any way. The two big things that happened were at the end with the revelation that Ivy is awake and Roni found the picture. I think it seems pretty obvious Ivy wanted Roni to find the picture. The question is why. Does she want her to wake up?

Victoria continues not to impress me at all.

If you haven't seen the promo for next week, go watch it because it looks good. Lucy is going to realize Roni is Regina. I'm a bit confused as to why Lucy didn't already know who she was since she knows who her parents are, but whatever. It looks like she is the one who figures it out and we'll finally have a Roni/Henry/Lucy scene. Also some scenes of Roni/Ivy and Regina/Drizella. I'm a big fan of Adelaide Kane as well so I'm looking forward to that.
Old 11-04-2017, 03:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton

I am glad the Roni/Henry scene was good I am going to watch it on Tuesday

Next week does sound good
Old 11-05-2017, 01:30 AM
Moderator Support Team

Will watch today

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 11-05-2017, 04:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton

Awesome, I am looking forward to seeing what you thought
Old 11-05-2017, 07:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I had to watch this episode on my phone as our cable is still out but the episode was decent enough.

I do like Tiana and the flashbacks were fresh and new. Interesting twist at the end where TLK turned the Prince back into a frog to be with his Lady frog, LOL. Rather than the frog becoming human again.

I think the scenes in HH highlighted the disney canon to the character well - her interest and a talent for cooking. Now, this isn't meant to come off insulting, but I noticed between the two characters of Jacinda|Sabine, Sabine comes off as the better character with the acting. The friendship is cool but I thought Jacinda had better acting chemistry in the EF2 flashbacks with Regina. Just my opinion.

So, we know Ivy is awake and is collaborating with the new Witch behind her mother's back. I am going to take a guess the new Witch wanted this curse cast for a reason and used Ivy as a willing pawn to accomplish it based off of the contemptuous relationship between mother & daughter. Ivy might think she has the control right now but I definitely think she was manipulated. So Victoria, Rumple, the new Witch & Ivy are now all awake? Hm.

I loved all the Roni scenes but of course finding the picture felt a bit anticlimactic since we knew it was happening from the promo. It also feels a bit soon since Roni & Henry have barely formed a relationship for it to have major impact but I get we are on a clock here. A s7 clock. What I do find interesting are Ivy's possible motives for leading Roni there to find it, we know she told the witch to hide. So she's been up there before without her mother knowing. Makes me wonder what interest the new witch could have in Regina too.

So we are FINALLY getting a Roni|Lucy interaction next week? I saw the promo. A little strange Lucy can identify her parents but nobody else but I guess I will wait & see if the episode offers some kind of reason for that. And it looks like Regina established some type of connection with Drizella in EF2 so curious about that.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 11-05-2017 at 07:09 AM
Old 11-05-2017, 08:49 AM
Moderator Support Team

i thought the episode was okay. i am more intrigued by the ivy storyline then cinderella. well i like anything more than the cinderella storyline. shrug

i wish we could have seen a bit more of roni but at least the promo seems promising. it was about time. seriously. 6 episodes until we get an char related arc for someone we knew since season 1? took too long imo.

i agree about the tiana cinderella relationship chemistry. but honestly i dont see cinderella having chemistry with anyone. there hasnt been much characters i cared less about.

i have no idea why lucy didnt connect roni wiht regina or regina at all. how does she only know about her parents and no one else it seems? hope that gets explained

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 11-05-2017, 08:49 AM
Moderator Support Team

i thought the episode was okay. i am more intrigued by the ivy storyline then cinderella. well i like anything more than the cinderella storyline. shrug

i wish we could have seen a bit more of roni but at least the promo seems promising. it was about time. seriously. 6 episodes until we get an char related arc for someone we knew since season 1? took too long imo.

i agree about the tiana cinderella relationship chemistry. but honestly i dont see cinderella having chemistry with anyone. there hasnt been much characters i cared less about.

i have no idea why lucy didnt connect roni wiht regina or regina at all. how does she only know about her parents and no one else it seems? hope that gets explained

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 11-05-2017, 10:20 AM
Master Fan

I like both Ivy and Sabine more than Jacinda. Sabine's optimism reminds me a bit of Snow. Ivy is lonely, hurt, and angry and just the kind of complex character I like.

I like Henry, but I think his developing relationship with Jacinda is the least interesting part of his story. The writers took a big risk setting them up as the main couple before the season ever started without knowing how the audience would respond. It's too late to change course now though. I'm just hoping they back off on them a bit in the second half if the audience is not feeling the "epicness" of this story.

I really hope after next week Regina gets to have a storyline.
Old 11-05-2017, 03:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton

I am not feeling Jacinda' chemistry with anyone but I haven't seen this episode yet,

I love Princess and the Frog and so I am looking forward to the Tiana scenes and how it parallels with Sabine in HH

We seriously need more Regina/Roni already which I hope we get next week!

I am intrigued by Ivy and her story too
Old 11-06-2017, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry02 (View Post)
I like Henry, but I think his developing relationship with Jacinda is the least interesting part of his story. The writers took a big risk setting them up as the main couple before the season ever started without knowing how the audience would respond. It's too late to change course now though. I'm just hoping they back off on them a bit in the second half if the audience is not feeling the "epicness" of this story.
I don't dislike Jacinda - I am just neutral about her. But, yeah, the Henry|Cinderella romance has not pulled me in. Not like Snowing did. I also still think Lucy needs some better development too. She's kind of just there - like a voice buzzing in everybody's ear. I do think it's cute she is close to Sabine, though.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 11-07-2017, 05:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton

I am the same I just don't connect her with like I do some of the characters