Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-12-2017, 02:43 AM
Moderator Support Team

Once Upon a Time Episode Disussion thread 7x02 - A Pirate´s Life

7x02: A Pirate´s Life
October 13th, 2017 @ 8:00 p.m. Eastern

Description :HENRY IS REUNITED WITH EMMA, HOOK AND REGINA AFTER FACING TROUBLE IN THE NEW ENCHANTED FOREST; AND IN HYPERION HEIGHTS, JACINDA FIGHTS VICTORIA TO SEE LUCY, ON ABC’S ‘ONCE UPON A TIME’

“A Pirate’s Life” – When Henry finds himself in trouble, he calls upon his Storybrooke family for help, and together they set off on a mission to find Cinderella. Along the way, Hook is confronted by an unexpected foe who threatens the group’s success. In Hyperion Heights, Jacinda searches for a way to see Lucy with some unwelcome assistance from Henry, while Victoria Belfrey enlists the help of Gold and Weaver to push Henry out of the neighborhood, on “Once Upon a Time,” FRIDAY, OCTOBER 13 (8:00–9:01 p.m. EDT), on The ABC Television Network.

“Once Upon a Time” stars Lana Parrilla as Regina/Roni, Robert Carlyle as Rumpelstiltskin/Weaver, Colin O’Donoghue as Hook/Rogers, Andrew J. West as Henry Mills, Gabrielle Anwar as Lady Tremaine/Victoria Belfrey, Dania Ramirez as Cinderella/Jacinda and Alison Fernandez as Lucy.

PROMOS:

RULES :

+ Some of you may not like everything about the episode. Please try to be constructive when you are criticizing something.
+ Do not insult characters/actors. Please stay positive.
+ Respect eachother's ships.
+ Enjoy!

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 10-12-2017, 07:54 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for starting the thread! I see the real Regina in the promo so I'm looking forward to that and a likely reunion between she and Henry.
Old 10-12-2017, 12:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I feel pretty much the same way as Sherry for this episode. Hope the reunion is worth it.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 10-12-2017, 01:21 PM
Moderator Support Team

hope so too. cant wait

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 10-12-2017, 02:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for starting the new thread
Old 10-13-2017, 10:30 AM
Moderator Support Team

Youre welcome

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 10-13-2017, 06:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay. I was VERY pleasantly surprised with this episode. I liked it better than I thought I would and it was better than the premiere. We got alot with our originals, which was great. Good episode.

I was originally worried that Regina's reunion with Henry would be overshadowed by Emma's reunion with him but that wasn't the case. I thought they did a decent job with both - they were spaced so both could have their individual moment.

I loved Regina's introduction while blasting Drizella "I'm his mother!"

It was sweet that Henry was concerned about Regina's life back home and he asked her to stay with him to continue HER story with him where he is.

I think they did a decent job by reintroducing Wish!Hook to be Rogers. He actually has a bit of an intriguing story with the search for his daughter. My guess was maybe Alice when we were shown the chess piece?

Rumple|Weaver's motives are certainly questionable, lol. I guess there is a question of whether he is going to be the Wish version too? We know it's not the case for Regina as her Wish verse counterpart, EQ, was killed|defeated by wish verse Snowing.

Lucy was adorable in her ballet dance. I thought it was sweet that Henry did what he could to make amends with Jacinda so she got to see her daughter dance.

And the ending with the trio (Rogers|Henry|Roni) teaming up to get the dirt on Victoria was great.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 10-13-2017, 07:03 PM
Master Fan

I enjoyed the Regina and Henry reunion. Regina was putting on a good face for Henry, but she clearly has not been happy in the years he's been gone. She looked SO happy when he asked her to stay though. And "operation next chapter". That was definitely the highlight of the episode for me.

I also liked that Regina and Drizella's first meeting was Drizella getting blasted by Regina's magic. I need some Lana and Adelaide scenes.

I love that we have the trio of Regina/Roni, alt Hook/Rogers, and Henry working together in both realms.

Emma's exit was less problematic than I expected. Henry was safe when she left, so she was not leaving him in any danger. Regina was prepared to leave too until Henry asked her to stay. I mostly just thought it was very anti-climactic for a character who was such a huge part of the show for so long.

I'm surprisingly okay with alternate Hook. He's a different character, the same way that wish Robin was a different character from our Robin. They've freed his character up for a fresh start. Heather, I also think Alice is his daughter because of the chess piece. Did you get the feeling he has a past with Lady Tremaine?

I don't know what to think about Weaver. I read an article that Rumple and Regina are not alternate versions, but as far as I know Emilie has not said she wouldn't return, so it's entirely possible that Rumple, Belle and Gideon reunite at a later time.
Old 10-13-2017, 07:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry02 (View Post)
Emma's exit was less problematic than I expected. Henry was safe when she left, so she was not leaving him in any danger. Regina was prepared to leave too until Henry asked her to stay. I mostly just thought it was very anti-climactic for a character who was such a huge part of the show for so long.
I will say this. I would understand an Emma fan wanting more for her last appearance. Unfortunately, there was only so much they could do because she is no longer part of the main story. In this case, less was definitely more so that things didn't get too complicated with her departure nor would they have to tie up a bunch of loose ends.

Quote:
Heather, I also think Alice is his daughter because of the chess piece. Did you get the feeling he has a past with Lady Tremaine?
You know, I was wondering about that. I will have to rewatch but I wasn't sure if they encountered each other right after he appeared there or if there is a deeper connection? If so, I guess the WishVerse was now real all along? If people can travel to and from it? I will say this - Lady Tremaine and Wish!Hook did have some acting chemistry in their scenes together, though.

Quote:
I don't know what to think about Weaver. I read an article that Rumple and Regina are not alternate versions, but as far as I know Emilie has not said she wouldn't return, so it's entirely possible that Rumple, Belle and Gideon reunite at a later time.
We got a scene with Weaver, Roni, & Rogers in the bar and since Roni warned Rogers about him, that he has gone through partners, I am going to assume he has some shady tendencies. He's probably similar to his original Rumple self - he aligns with whatever benefits him.

Yeah, I assumed Hook would be the only alternate version since they needed to keep CS intact but not sure how they plan to handle Rumbelle. I am just happy Regina is Regina.

Old 10-13-2017, 08:02 PM
Master Fan

I noticed that no one seemed shocked by Henry's age. They all commented on him being "grown up" but it wasn't like "you've aged 10 years and we haven't aged at all!" All the "years ago" and "some years later" makes me think they aren't going to address how much time has passed and why Henry has aged but Regina and Hook look the same. (My family all agreed that Emma looked older).

I'm very glad we know for sure now that Regina and Henry's reunion happened before he met Cinderella and had Lucy, so while she did miss some time with him, she didn't miss these big events in his life. Now I just wonder how long they were in EF2 before the curse. I think we can assume Cinderlla's pregnancy happens in EF2, but it's possible Lucy was born in HH.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry02 (View Post)
I noticed that no one seemed shocked by Henry's age. They all commented on him being "grown up" but it wasn't like "you've aged 10 years and we haven't aged at all!" All the "years ago" and "some years later" makes me think they aren't going to address how much time has passed and why Henry has aged but Regina and Hook look the same. (My family all agreed that Emma looked older).
Yeah, I wonder if they will ever get to the aging factor because clearly people from SB have not aged that much. It has to do with Henry because otherwise it doesn't make sense.

Quote:
I'm very glad we know for sure now that Regina and Henry's reunion happened before he met Cinderella and had Lucy, so while she did miss some time with him, she didn't miss these big events in his life. Now I just wonder how long they were in EF2 before the curse. I think we can assume Cinderlla's pregnancy happens in EF2, but it's possible Lucy was born in HH.
Which means if Lucy was born in HH, it is possible they have been there at least 10 years going by Lucy's age. Lucy did talk about how there used to be a garden there and it seems like Victoria has been working on pushing fairytale characters out for awhile. Roni stated they used to be a community. But if that's the case, then the events from the s6 finale with Henry|Lucy in EF2 confuse me.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 10-13-2017 at 08:36 PM
Old 10-14-2017, 07:57 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Which means if Lucy was born in HH, it is possible they have been there at least 10 years going by Lucy's age. Lucy did talk about how there used to be a garden there and it seems like Victoria has been working on pushing fairytale characters out for awhile. Roni stated they used to be a community. But if that's the case, then the events from the s6 finale with Henry|Lucy in EF2 confuse me.
That scene from s6 is what confuses me too. If it weren't for that, I'd assume they've been in HH for a long time because they seem to have memories of their lives there, but we don't know if those memories are real or fake. The scene in s6 though seems to indicate that Lucy was close to the age she is now when the curse happened. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Old 10-14-2017, 10:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I thought about that too, the memories possibly being fake? But it does look like Lucy's memory was true, after her mom chose to believe and make a wish at the well, the seeds Lucy threw immediately started a flower growing. So there probably was a garden there before. Not sure about the rest, I just hope it will make sense, lol.

Old 10-14-2017, 12:15 PM
Master Fan

I'm curious to see if Regina is going to have magic in EF2 because when she first got there it was working, but then it wasn't. I wonder if had something to do with the glass slipper. Maybe because it was created by magic? Or maybe they just needed to stall on Henry finding Cinderella. If she doesn't have magic though and Lady Tremaine has the fairy wand, that is going to put them at a disadvantage.
Old 10-15-2017, 12:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

I have skimmed past all the reviews on the episode till I can watch it on Wednesday

I am looking forward to seeing Regina in the flashbacks, also a Regina/Henry reunion will hopefully be good