Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-29-2014, 08:14 AM
Loyal Fan

Maybe I am stupid but I somehow have not understood how the book on the OUaT works, I always thought that book is based on their lives not that their lives are based on the book?
So they just do what someone wrote into the book they should do?
Old 09-29-2014, 08:28 AM
Dedicated Fan

I have just finished watching this episode 1.

when I saw that hairpiece on my screen, I was like "huh? why is this hairstyle different than Lana/Regina's hairstyle? that was not Lana, that was someone else, but why didn't they make the same hairstyle so that it looks the same as Lana/Regina's hairstyle? Why didn't they pay attention to this detail?"

I don't like that Henry's first thought about Regina was that Regina was going back to evil. Even though after that he said "she can't, she's come so far", his first thought was "Regina was going back to evil". It showed that he had no faith of her mother if his first thought was that.

And when Marian said "she's a monster", why didn't Henry reacted at all and didn't say anything at all to defend her mother?

And after Marian said "she's a monster", Regina went alone --> why didn't Henry chase her? it was like Henry didn't react/respond like a real boy (what a strange scene the director made of this). A real boy would certainly chase her sad mother.

I was so surprised that Regina/Sydney scene was not a dream. I was not expecting it. But then, when I think about it, it was "in character" that Regina first reaction was like that when she was in pain or angry.

I'm glad that finally Regina saved Marian.

I'm ok with Regina wanted to pursue her happy ending by finding the book writer. But I hope she didn't say "force the writer" but say "ask the writer"

I liked parallel scene of Regina/Emma and Frozen Elsa/Anna (behind the door scene).

I loved to watch flashback of Evil Queen. I didn't like the story of Evil Queen cruelness, but I loved Lana as Evil Queen there, because Lana as Evil Queen was so deliciously evil (it was like Lana embraced this villainess that made her Evil Queen scene was always so enjoyable to be watched). Lana was so good as this villain Evil Queen. I enjoy watching Lana as evil queen (as long as it was in the past).

the CGI was good. Grand Pabbie looked like the movie version.

Elsa & Anna's casts' acting were also good.

Last edited by onceuponatime3; 09-29-2014 at 08:34 AM
Old 09-29-2014, 12:14 PM
Graphics Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenka5 (View Post)
Totally identical
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BysQrq1IcAEZYgD.jpg https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BysQrxnIUAANxm9.jpg

Like really, if they really need stand-in they really could not get a better wig?
Omg ikr?! Like I was so distracted by that bad wig... That looked nothing like Lana's hair.

One thing I don't get is... does Regina wanna throw everyone off track or what? Because she plans to get rid of Marian, and yet she saves her? So like... does she wanna look good in the eyes of everyone else, and still have this devious plan of hers?
Old 09-29-2014, 12:55 PM
Elite Fan

She doesn't plan to go back into the past and kill Marian anymore. She changed her mind. That's why at the end she says "Marian isn't the problem, it's the book." and decides to make it her mission to find the writer and have him write her her own happy ending.
Old 09-29-2014, 02:50 PM
Graphics Team

Ahh okay. Because I didn't see that part. I missed a few parts when I watched it.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captivating (View Post)
She doesn't plan to go back into the past and kill Marian anymore. She changed her mind. That's why at the end she says "Marian isn't the problem, it's the book." and decides to make it her mission to find the writer and have him write her her own happy ending.
That's what I got from it too. I wonder what type of happy ending she has in mind or maybe she doesn't know what a happy ending looks like for her anymore, she just knows she is tired of being hurt.

Last edited by sherry02; 09-29-2014 at 06:23 PM
Old 09-29-2014, 07:18 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I don't think Regina knows what that looks like either but she knows she is tired of feeling pain and loss. I think maybe her happy ending would involve having a family but who knows!
Old 09-29-2014, 08:11 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry02 (View Post)
That's what I got from it too. I wonder what type of happy ending she has in mind or maybe she doesn't know what a happy ending looks like for her anymore, she just knows she is tired of being hurt.
yes I think when she said wanting a happy ending, she didn't know what kind of happy ending that she wanted, she just knew that she wanted a happy ending because she was tired of being in pain again and again and again.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:20 PM
Loyal Fan

So I ask one more time because I still don't understand it....do the fairy tales characters really live according to what is written in the book? I always thought they have a free will, like I said I always thought the book is based on their lives not their lives on the book.... but If rewriting the book would change Regina's happy ending, it must be other way... Could someone explain in to me how the book is supposed to work?

Last edited by Lenka5; 09-29-2014 at 11:08 PM
Old 09-30-2014, 12:07 AM
Moderator Support Team

i always got the impression that the book was written after they lived it. so the book is based on their lifes. still if Regina wanted to add something to the book, or maybe change something about her past, I think that would be a possibility as well. the ending isnt written for anyone yet

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 09-30-2014, 12:18 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
So I ask one more time because I still don't understand it....do the fairy tales characters really live according to what is written in the book? I always thought they have a free will, like I said I always thought the book is based on their lives not their lives on the book.... but If rewriting the book would change Regina's happy ending, it must be other way... Could someone explain in to me how the book is supposed to work?
I think the writer change the rules into whatever they want? (I have noticed several plot holes in OUAT season 1 -3 and how writer changed the story in here and there whenever they want).
  • in season 1: the book was only a book that tells the past (the live story that had happened) and cannot be changed whatever happen next, meaning: the book is based on their lives, they have free will.
  • in final episode of season 3: the book was only a book that tells the past (the live story that had happened) but can be changed according to what happen (that was why Emma/Hook adventure when they did travel time was then being written in the book, meaning: the book is still based on their lives (because the adventure happened, then it appears in the book based on what happen in real life), they have free will.
  • in season 4 (ep 1): the book determine the story of their life, meaning: their lives happens based on the book --> they have no free will.
so from season 1 - season 4, the rules about this book was changed several times.

That's how I see it.
Old 09-30-2014, 12:26 AM
Loyal Fan

I must say I am not very happy about the change they made. I am happy Regina gets storyline other than wanting to kill Marian but I really don't like the idea of them living their lives based on book. I always considered all these characters as real people who have free will.
Old 09-30-2014, 02:22 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I must say I am not very happy about the change they made. I am happy Regina gets storyline other than wanting to kill Marian but I really don't like the idea of them living their lives based on book. I always considered all these characters as real people who have free will.
I also don't like if them living their lives based on the book.

But I could be wrong in my previous post. Maybe it was only in Regina's mind? Maybe the book was written after they lived it, so the book is based on their lifes, but... maybe in Regina's mind the book determines their live story (happy ending) so she wants to change the book to get her happy ending (meaning: Regina thinks it's the book that can give her a happy ending), and in the end of season 4 Regina realizes that it is not the book who can give her a happy ending but it is herself who can give her a happy ending. If that is the case, it will be a good storyline for Regina.
Old 09-30-2014, 02:41 AM
Loyal Fan

I would really like that....it would get Regina a good storyline and still did change how the book works... but with Adam and Eddie you really never know they really could have changed the whole purpose of the book a made from the characters just puppets.

I would like to hear their explanation of the book.

Last edited by Lenka5; 09-30-2014 at 02:47 AM
Old 09-30-2014, 03:40 AM
Moderator Support Team

maybe we do get one if it will fall into the storyline after all

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign