Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-01-2015, 04:11 AM
Moderator Support Team

Once Upon A Time Episode Discussion Thread: 4x20 - Mother

4x20: Mother
may 3rd, 2015 @ 8:00 p.m. Eastern

Description: Mother" - Emma returns to Storybrooke to reunite Lily with Maleficent while Regina and Robin struggle to cope with the implications of Zelena's pregnancy. When Gold's health takes a turn for the worse, Isaac looks to a new ally for help procuring the magic ink he needs to re-write history. In a Fairy Tale Land flashback, Cora returns from Wonderland to beg Regina's forgiveness on the anniversary of Daniel's murder. Cora vows to help her daughter find true love, but Regina remains suspicious of her mother's intentions, on "Once Upon a Time," SUNDAY, MAY 3 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Once Upon a Time" stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Lana Parrilla as the Evil Queen/Regina, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David Nolan, Emilie de Ravin as Belle, Colin O'Donoghue as Hook, Jared S. Gilmore as Henry, Michael Socha as Will Scarlet and Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold.

Guest stars include Barbara Hershey as Cora, Tony Perez as Valet/Nobleman, Beverley Elliott as Granny, Rebecca Mader as Zelena, Sean Maguire as Robin Hood, Wil Traval as the Sheriff of Nottingham, Raphael Alejandro as Roland, Ingrid Torrance as Severe Nurse, Agnes Bruckner as Lily, Patrick Fischler as Isaac, John Innes as Older Man, Jeremy Patrick Schuetze as Young Man, Kristin Bauer van Straten as Maleficent, Chad Cosgrove as Carriage Driver, Joe Dodds as Outrider #1 and Jim Finkbeiner as Outrider #2.

"Mother" was written by Jane Espenson and directed by Ron Underwood.

PROMO:

RULES:
+ Some of you may not like everything about the episode. Please try to be constructive when you are criticizing something.
+ Do not insult characters/actors. Please stay positive.
+ Respect each other's ships.
+ Enjoy!

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 05-02-2015, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new thread
Old 05-03-2015, 07:51 AM
Moderator Support Team

Happy once day, lets hope for the best

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 05-03-2015, 08:32 PM
Master Fan

I'm relieved that they didn't kill Maleficent because I was worried that was going to happen. I don't think I could have handled that on top of Regina cursing herself so that she couldn't become pregnant.
Old 05-03-2015, 08:58 PM
Loyal Fan

I feel weird and probably I the only one but I actually expected the episode much worse and liked it better than I expected... maybe it is because I was soo obsessed with fear they make Regina willing to erase Henry and destory Regina's character totally completely that I wasn't properly focused on anything else....

I'll rewatch it properly when I get home so I'll see what I'll think then...

Last edited by Lenka5; 05-03-2015 at 09:06 PM
Old 05-03-2015, 09:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry02 (View Post)
I'm relieved that they didn't kill Maleficent because I was worried that was going to happen. I don't think I could have handled that on top of Regina cursing herself so that she couldn't become pregnant.
Agreed.

Although don't ask me why but Mal kind of being cozy with the Charmings rubbed me wrong. Probably because of all the negativity surrounding Regina's character and I really think she can use the friend right now. Nothing against Snow, Charming, and Emma but they always have the constant support of each other.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 05-04-2015, 03:53 AM
Moderator Support Team

i agree. i expected the episode to be muh worse

still the story didnt make much sense at all - the cora storyline i mean. it just didnt fit in from what we know when season 2 rolled around. it doesnt fit in at all. shrug. but maybe thats just me. what do you guys think?

the OQ storyline is written very very poorly. i cant understand why regina would want to take him back after that. and to have zelena still around carrying his baby? wtf? i mean tats worse than any soap opera on tv

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 05-04-2015, 05:50 AM
Master Fan

The Cora story seemed out of place to me too. I'm assuming this is when she took Henry Sr back to Wonderland with her (we still have no idea why she did that?), but they didn't even show that. I think the only purprose in having Cora was there was so they could make the revelation that Regina can't get pregnant. Because they haven't kicked us in the teeth enough the last few episodes. I would have been fine with OQ not having a baby of their own, they have Henry and Roland, but to give Zelena a child with Robin while making it clear that Regina will never have one was cruel.
Old 05-04-2015, 06:12 AM
Graphics Team

^ I have to agree on that.
As much as I reaaally want OQ to have a baby of their own, I still would've been okay to settle with them having Henry and Roland. But to go ahead and let Z have Robin's baby, while Regina can't have one? No. I still hope they'll do something about Z's baby (if she really is preg).

The Cora storyline was a little odd. I mean... we've never known Cora to act like that So for her to say she was there to actually help bc she wanted a grandchild? Uhhhh okay.

I do like that Mal/Lily were bonding atleast at the end. I really felt bad when Lily didn't want to be around Mal...
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
Old 05-04-2015, 06:24 AM
Loyal Fan

Again honestly I expected the retcon to be even worse and even more serious so I did not mind it that much I thought I will (even though it truly annoys me how they are constantly changing facts).... it's probably because my expactations are so low now (and were even lower for this episode) and I am so used to Oncce storylines being so rushed and inconsistent ..... Sad but true... not much faith in the show anymore.

The scene when she drank that potion was so hearbreaking but have to say Lana's acting was amazing.

Last edited by Lenka5; 05-04-2015 at 07:07 AM
Old 05-04-2015, 07:01 AM
Elite Fan

This show's got me like...

Old 05-04-2015, 07:05 AM
Loyal Fan

Do you think we truly should think that Cora actually wanted to help Regina? I don't belive one word that woman says...
Old 05-04-2015, 07:11 AM
Master Fan

Mal had nearly a complete personality change in this episode, but for once I liked it because it allowed she and Lily to play well off each other. It seemed that by the end, Lily might be willing to give her a chance. I hope they leave the door open that Kristin might do some guest appearances next season. I really wanted a lot more of Regina and Mal.

I don't believe that Cora really wanted to help Regina. I don't know why she wanted her to have a child, but I doubt that it was for Regina's benefit. And Regina probably would not have drank that potion if Cora hadn't kept saying that they both knew she wouldn't do it. She almost made it into a challenge.
Old 05-04-2015, 07:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I said it in the spoiler's thread but Regina's life is resembling more of a VC Andrews novel rather than a fairytale with all this twisted family crap! Her life is WAY too tragic to really give off the impression of any future hope. Like the author said, out of all the characters he wrote for, she really gets screwed over the most!

I do not think Cora was about helping Regina. Cora was completely about power by this point in time but Regina reached a point where she was beyond her mother's control as the EQ. Regina had it figured out, I think. She wanted Regina to have a child and after she did, to put it bluntly, Regina would be removed as Queen through her death. Cora was not above killing her daughter at this point. But with a young child young enough for Cora to mold because it would be vulnerable, Cora could then assume power through the child. Snow would be eliminated too so there would be no other claim to the throne.

I honestly believe Cora had a similar fate planned for Leopold back when Regina first married the King and she believed herself to still wield control over her daughter. Before Regina sent her though the Looking Glass. She implied the King was old and would not live long - I am sure she was going to rush that along so her daughter would assume full power.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 05-04-2015, 07:35 AM
Moderator Support Team

Well at least the writers acknowlwdged that regina gets screwed over the most - still thats not helping lol

And i agree and second evrything you said about cora heather. For cora it is just about power, about getting the most out of everything and she didnt have her heart

LEVERAGE campaign