Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2015, 08:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ That would make sense for her character. But perhaps if they had glimpsed for us a duplicate wardrobe of the same dress for changing purposes? Even a wardrobe created by magic for her temporary visit to SB?

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:35 AM
Moderator Support Team

thanks maggie. i didnt know that. interessant fact

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 03-18-2015, 09:55 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
^ That would make sense for her character. But perhaps if they had glimpsed for us a duplicate wardrobe of the same dress for changing purposes? Even a wardrobe created by magic for her temporary visit to SB?
well that makes logical sense to us, but apparently (from what I read) Disney is VERY STRICT and does not allow ANY change or difference in the Elsa costume when it gives copyright permission to reproduce Elsa... so I am guessing Once was under the same restrictions.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:53 AM
Master Fan

What do you all think about the role that Cruella and Ursula have played up to this point? To me they just seem like Mal and Rumple's side kicks. Neither of them really do anything. I don't dislike them, I just am not sure what their purpose is. Maybe once they have centrics I'll have more of an appreciation for them.

Also that night of them with Mal and Regina and all the drinking and destruction reminded me more of drunk college kids than evil fairytale villains.
Old 03-18-2015, 02:14 PM
Extreme Fan

Sherry, I"m kinda feeling the same way about Ursula and Cruella. My impression from the press and buildup for 4B was they had a much bigger role but they definitely feel like side kicks to me. Like you said, maybe this is just because we haven't seen their centrics yet. Although 418 seems a little late in the season--basically at the END of the arc--to give Cruella her centric? I mean, won't it just about be over by then, so we don't actually learn anything about her until she's almost gone? At this point, they've told us in press that she's a really bad villain, but so far I don't see that onscreen. (not that I don't like her... I do love her snark and humor... if that's all she ever ends up being, I'm fine with that.)

Also I would have to say I was surprised that this episode felt quite as much as a Regina centric to me as a Mal centric. I expected this would focus a lot more on Mal but it felt like mostly Regina and Regina's POV. Is that just me? ETA: again not complaining about that... I was pleasantly surprised, especially after 4A was an overload of focus AWAY from our core characters.
Old 03-18-2015, 02:28 PM
Master Fan

I agree that the episode felt more like a Regina centric than a Mal centric. I was happily surprised with the way that turned out since Regina hasn't had a centric in forever. I suspect we'll be seeing more of Mal's backstory throughout the season anyway. At some point they'll need to give more details about what happened to her baby.
Old 03-18-2015, 10:17 PM
Loyal Fan

Agree that Ursula and Cruella so far have seemed more like sidekicks.. I am mostly interested in Maleficent but Cruella is pretty funny and has charismatic presence and I think she has a potential... Ursulla is so far the one I am the least interested in. But maybe it will change with following episodes...

I was also suprised how much Regina centric was the last episode and was very very happy about it. But we found out about Maleficent alot too and I don't read spoilers but expect we will found out what happened the her kid and maybe what was her history with Briar Rose so I think Maleficent will still get another flasbacks... (and I selfishly hope for at least one another episode with her and Regina's history).

Last edited by Lenka5; 03-18-2015 at 10:24 PM
Old 03-19-2015, 01:02 AM
Moderator Support Team

well ursulas centric (or well at least some of her backstory) will be coming up next right? and I think Cruellas is in episode 18? then we will know more about them. to be honest i couldnt care less for ursula. shrug. I like curella tho. her sass is funny

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 03-19-2015, 07:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I also agree about the downplaying of Cruella and Ursula. I honestly at this point feel like they are merely the pawns of Rumple whom will not last around as long as Maleficent. Now that Rumple has Regina, whether he knows she is playing them or not, I gather he figures Regina and Maleficent are the better asset advantage in this 'war.' They also appear to be the more advantaged in the magic department as well, compared to Ursula and Cruella and Rumple would use this.

Cruella is EXTREMELY entertaining, though.

I do not know about both of them, but I would not be surprised if one of either Cruella or Ursula dies. I do not think the happy endings for the villains are a guarantee for all of them, even if Mal gets lucky and finds out her child is still alive somewhere. My money would be on Cruella if it did happen while Ursula may or may not return to her sea roots? The water is right there off of Storybrooke.

I was definitely pleasantly surprised that this flashback was just as much about Regina as it was about getting background info. on Maleficent. Which is actually THE way to have done it, in my opinion, because as much as I love Mal and want to see more, the QoD are not main or regular characters. The main theme of the stories should be to serve our regular characters, not center around guest stars, and I suspect it will be very similar with this next episode. We will find out more about Ursula but it will likely be a Hook flashback too. That is where FROZEN went wrong because all the stories and plots were designed more to serve guest characters + Emma.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 03-19-2015 at 07:15 AM
Old 03-19-2015, 08:07 AM
Loyal Fan

In the interviews the writers gave while promoting 4B they were repeating couple of times it will be focused on the main characters ....so I hope they understand what a big mistake they made in 4A and won't do it again... So far it seems good.

4A was a really big joke ... I think that even those of us who were worried that Frozen overtakes Once weren't expecting it on this level... it really was a totally different show with once characters as guest stars.