Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2014, 04:54 PM
Graphics Team

Once Upon A Time Episode Discussion Thread - 4x10 "Shattered Sight"

4x10: Shattered Sight
December 7th, 2014 @ 8:00 p.m. Eastern

Description: Storybrooke is in a state of chaos with all the residents under the
Snow Queen's Spell of Shattered Sight at each other's throats. Emma and Elsa
race against the clock to free themselves of the ribbons and take down the Snow
Queen and her curse. David can only watch when Regina clashes with Mary Margaret
in an epic battle. Meanwhile, Gold gathers Belle and Henry as he prepares to leave
town forever, and Will Scarlet looks to square his tab with Hook. Kristoff's thick
headedness leads Anna to a heartwarming discovery.

PROMO:

RULES:
+ Some of you may not like everything about the episode. Please try to be constructive when you are criticizing something.
+ Do not insult characters/actors. Please stay positive.
+ Respect each other's ships.
+ Enjoy!

Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
Old 12-07-2014, 11:56 AM
Master Fan

Are you all watcing live tonight? Looks like this should be a good epsiode for Regina. Lana certainly is promoting it on twitter.
Old 12-08-2014, 02:45 PM
Graphics Team

Yeah I had watched it on tv, and when it was over I was flailing and being a mess over trying to find a link so I can make gifs

I'm guessing everyone liked the ep though.
Old 12-08-2014, 03:21 PM
Master Fan

I liked it, but I felt like much more could have been done with it. This is what they've been building to with the SQ since she first arrived and it seemed very rushed. I loved Smash the Mirror, but this should have been the 2 hour episode.

First having 4 characters, 3 of whom were mains, immune to the spell was too much. It felt like the spell was only affecting half the town.

I loved seeing the EQ again and Lana was perfect. Her facial expressions, tone of voice, everything was spot on, it just didn't last long enough.

I liked Snow and Charming taking jabs at each other. It was fun to see this normally "perfect" couple fighting, even if they didn't really mean anything they said.

Belle slept through the entire thing? Really? I feel sorry for Belle's fans. She was not in the two hour episode and now she was left out of this one as well. I would have loved to see her raging at Rumple.

Will trying to punch Hook was a joke. They just threw that in there so Michael Socha could be in the epsiode. I would have prefered to see Will and Robin beating the crap out of each other since they actually have a real history together. Of course as a Robin fan, the fact that he was left out of the episode altogether did not sit well with me. He's mentioned his dark past, it would have been great to seen that in action.

I liked that they decided to redeem Ingrid, but it should have taken longer than 10 seconds and I would have much prefered to see her return to Arendelle with Elsa, Anna, and Kristoff rather than die retracting the spell. It would have been a nice change to have had a villian who wasn't dead after 10 episodes.
Old 12-08-2014, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Episode was okay.

I liked it for the comic relief more than anything but I did feel sad for Ingrid and her epiphany towards the end. Her past was sad and her hearing of Gerda's regrets and wish to free her from the urn was moving and bittersweet. In a way, it did feel like this turned into more of Ingrid's story by the end of this arc, rather than Elsa and Anna's.

I shook my head at Belle sleeping through the freaking curse, LOL. What the hell? If that is not a direct slap in the face to her fans, I do not know what is.

Trying to squeeze these new characters into our past canon has definitely created some inconsistencies and contrivances, though. It was fairly noticeable.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 12-08-2014, 03:33 PM
Graphics Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry02 (View Post)
I liked it, but I felt like much more could have been done with it. This is what they've been building to with the SQ since she first arrived and it seemed very rushed. I loved Smash the Mirror, but this should have been the 2 hour episode.

First having 4 characters, 3 of whom were mains, immune to the spell was too much. It felt like the spell was only affecting half the town.

I loved seeing the EQ again and Lana was perfect. Her facial expressions, tone of voice, everything was spot on, it just didn't last long enough.

I liked Snow and Charming taking jabs at each other. It was fun to see this normally "perfect" couple fighting, even if they didn't really mean anything they said.

Belle slept through the entire thing? Really? I feel sorry for Belle's fans. She was not in the two hour episode and now she was left out of this one as well. I would have loved to see her raging at Rumple.

Will trying to punch Hook was a joke. They just threw that in there so Michael Socha could be in the epsiode. I would have prefered to see Will and Robin beating the crap out of each other since they actually have a real history together. Of course as a Robin fan, the fact that he was left out of the episode altogether did not sit well with me. He's mentioned his dark past, it would have been great to seen that in action.

I liked that they decided to redeem Ingrid, but it should have taken longer than 10 seconds and I would have much prefered to see her return to Arendelle with Elsa, Anna, and Kristoff rather than die retracting the spell. It would have been a nice change to have had a villian who wasn't dead after 10 episodes.
I agree with everything you said.. except I still did think it was hilarious when Will tried to punch Hook. I busted out laughing.

And yeah I REALLY wanted to see Robin in this episode.. What a missed opportunity. Considering his dark past. That entire thing bothered me. He should've been in the episode. It would've been something different and interesting to see. Since he's a usually honorable and good person.

Ingrid sacrificing her life to save everyone was SO heartbreaking. It was a fantastic way to go out, but I would've loved it if she had lived. She deserved happiness with everything she had went through.

And right?! All their villains that are in each season die.. the only one still around is Rumple. (and if you count Regina? but I don't count her as a villain anymore)
I mean c'mon... Cora, Greg/Tamara, Pan, and now Ingrid?!
Old 12-08-2014, 10:22 PM
Loyal Fan

I don't know what happened to me...I feel bad. I am usually a very sensitive person, crying like a baby over sad movies and tv shows.... but I did not feel much emotional during that episode. I have been probably so uninterested in this whole Frozen arcs that I just cannot bring myself to care for any of these characters...

I wish this spell would take at least to episoed to break. Like this it felt very rushed and with all the screentime dedicated to Emma and Snow Queen, very little time remained for interaction between characters. They could do much more with it.

But it was awesome to see Evil Queen again and I hope we get to see some flasbbacks in the second half of the season because I really really missed her.

I think it was rather stupid from Emma to release her, she could have killed alot of people.

My favorite about this episode was Snowing arguing and of course the fight between Evil Queen and Snow. I am sure they had great and funny time filming it.

I just wish we got alot of more and also would like to see some serious talking beween characters afterwards. I think alot of potential was wasted.

Last edited by Lenka5; 12-09-2014 at 05:11 AM
Old 12-08-2014, 10:39 PM
Dedicated Fan

I liked last week's episode more than this latest episode.

IMO, this episode was Ok. I loved some of the scenes in this episode.

I loved Evil Queen's scenes. What I loved most about Evil Queen scenes:
  • EQ crazy eyes.
  • EQ facial expression when she felt Emma and Elsa was coming to the vault.
  • Regina's facial expression when she said "what am I wearing" (in her vault and in sherrif office).
  • EQ voice, facial expression, & body language when she said this to Emma "with the poise and composure of a queen".
Lana was so good in her acting as this Evil Queen. I enjoyed watching this Evil Queen's voice, facial expression, & body language.

I loved Regina & Henry scenes, I squeal when I saw that he ran to regina first and called her mom first and that they hugs twice (when Henry run to Regina, and after the snow charming kissing scene).

I got tears in my eyes when seeing Inggrid last scenes, it was so sad. Poor her.

I don't like that they made Regina became so easily defeated by Zelena and by Emma's magic (in this latest episode). The EQ was the most powerful witch (besides dark one) in season 1, but now?!?

in the last scene (reunion scene) why didn't Emma said to Regina that what she said to Regina about Marian (the hurtful thing) was only a lie? It's like there was no continuity of that vault scene.

Snow queen said she was not aging because she came to storybrooke. By that logic, Storybrooke made people who came to Storybrooke (before the curse was broken) not aging. But Henry was aging (from baby into teenager) even though he lived in Storybrooke. So is it a "plot hole"? Did the writer forgot about that? or they just change every rule whenever they wanted to serve a plot?
Old 12-08-2014, 11:03 PM
Loyal Fan

I loved the hugs between Henry and Regina as well, that he hugged her first and then came back to her after he hugged Emma.

I didn't think about the not aging thing but you right, it's weird..

And I don't like them making Regina to be suddenly weak sorceress either. I am already worried how weak she will be against all those new villains...

Really wonder what ratings the second half of this season will have. By focusing only on Frozen characters and Emma (and not in interesting way imo) they basically didn't get those new fans who came for Frozen a reason to keep watching. The show has many great characters, shame they did not use them properly but in the end I think it will hurt the show.

On the other hand some of those "older" fans stopped watching becaues they didn't like seeing their favorites being guest stars on their own show.
Old 12-09-2014, 05:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The ratings have dropped significantly compared to when the Frozen arc first began this season. I know they account for the DVR numbers later on as well, and those boost the live ratings, but those were even higher at the start. Sure, Football airs and it is around the holidays, but the gradual decrease has been happening slowly over the entire first part of the season, not overnight, so my guess is there has also been some loss of interest too.

The Regina & Henry reunion was my favorite near the end.

The aging factor in SB for Ingrid compared to Henry is definitely one of those inconsistencies. Although, I can see the writers coming up with the excuse after the fact that is has to do with Ingrid coming from a world with magic while Henry is different because he was born from our world. .

I did not think about it but you are right, Emma allowing the EQ to escape into the town was probably not the wisest move. My older niece actually pointed out to me that didn't Emma stop to think the EQ's need for vengeance in her cursed state would lead her to Snow White and where her baby brother was? Hmm. I had not thought about that.

I have no idea what the heck they are doing when it comes to Regina's magic. I mean, if Regina used her own light magic to seal herself in, so her dark magic could not break it, I understand how Emma got through with light magic too but there is the one scene where Emma sends the EQ flying backwards. I do not want to go so far as to say that Emma's magic should be completely ineffectual and EQ can not take her 'bumps', but certain magical scenes appear to intentionally knock Regina down so she appears less important as a character. This started in the Zelena arc.

They are retconning Rumple to one dimensional evil villain and making Regina an insignificant, less powerful witch. Like I said elsewhere, seems like they are really trying to reinvent the characters for the new Frozen audience rather than connecting with the original audience whom already knows these characters.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 12-09-2014 at 05:26 AM
Old 12-09-2014, 08:42 AM
Graphics Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by onceuponatime3 (View Post)
I liked last week's episode more than this latest episode.

IMO, this episode was Ok. I loved some of the scenes in this episode.

I loved Evil Queen's scenes. What I loved most about Evil Queen scenes:
  • EQ crazy eyes.
  • EQ facial expression when she felt Emma and Elsa was coming to the vault.
  • Regina's facial expression when she said "what am I wearing" (in her vault and in sherrif office).
  • EQ voice, facial expression, & body language when she said this to Emma "with the poise and composure of a queen".
Lana was so good in her acting as this Evil Queen. I enjoyed watching this Evil Queen's voice, facial expression, & body language.

I loved Regina & Henry scenes, I squeal when I saw that he ran to regina first and called her mom first and that they hugs twice (when Henry run to Regina, and after the snow charming kissing scene).

I got tears in my eyes when seeing Inggrid last scenes, it was so sad. Poor her.

I don't like that they made Regina became so easily defeated by Zelena and by Emma's magic (in this latest episode). The EQ was the most powerful witch (besides dark one) in season 1, but now?!?

in the last scene (reunion scene) why didn't Emma said to Regina that what she said to Regina about Marian (the hurtful thing) was only a lie? It's like there was no continuity of that vault scene.

Snow queen said she was not aging because she came to storybrooke. By that logic, Storybrooke made people who came to Storybrooke (before the curse was broken) not aging. But Henry was aging (from baby into teenager) even though he lived in Storybrooke. So is it a "plot hole"? Did the writer forgot about that? or they just change every rule whenever they wanted to serve a plot?
I loved all those EQ moments too.

Regina/Henry scene was so great. That really was so emotional.. but I was glad he ran to her first and called her mom. I'm sure it meant alot to her.

Ingrid going out like that was one of the best ways a villain can go out. But it was SO incredibly sad. Like wow... she should've got her happy ending with being alive and having Elsa/Anna as a family, since they were indeed family after all.

IKR?!?! Like Emma didn't even say anything to Regina about that. She didn't apologize or tell her anything. And I'm like... ??? Okay right you say that and you're not gonna say sorry or tell her it was a lie or anything??

I don't even know about the aging thing. Unless the SQ has her own non-aging thing? Idk all that stuff is confusing to me.