Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-12-2014, 07:28 PM
Master Fan

I swear, they retconned the past just to screw Regina over. How crappy can they get?

): )
Old 05-13-2014, 08:35 AM
Dedicated Fan

I have just finished watching final episode. What is that? Once upon a hook? Giving everyone happiness but destroy Regina's happiness?

After great character development of Regina, now the writers ruin her? The writers ruined the relationship between Regina/Emma, Regina/Snow, Regina/Robin.

They ruined Regina/Emma relationship by making Emma brought Marion to present time.

They ruined Regina/Robin relationship by bringing Marion to present time.

They ruined Regina/Snow relationship by making Regina killing Snow white by fire.

Why did they gave her happiness (with Robin) just to take it away later?

Why did they do this? Is it because Lana was so great at expressing brokenheart face, so they ruin Regina's happiness?

Snow white took away Regina's first true love, now Snow's daughter (Emma) took away Regina's 2nd true love. Can't Regina have a happy life? my God! Poor Regina!

Damn! I hate this it!
Old 05-13-2014, 05:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Once Upon A Hook. Thanks for that, I have really been in need of a laugh.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 05-14-2014, 04:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Am I the only one who sort of actually liked the finale?

I mean, of course the whole Marian deal sucked big time (although I do have faith - the course to true love never does run smooth after all!), and I'm not very happy with them ruining Snow Falls, which is still to this day my very favourite episode and the episode that made me truly fall in love with the show, but... idk, I liked how they made Emma realise where she belongs, I like how they honoured Neal, I liked the Rumbelle wedding, Hook wasn't nearly as annoying as he usually is... Idk, I was pretty happy in the end.

Not sure yet how I feel about Elsa though... It's obvious they're not going with her Disney characterization but rather with the Snow Queen character from the original fairytale (which I don't mind since I love the original story - big Hans Christian Andersen fan), but making her look exactly like Disney's Elsa was an odd choice and did feel a bit like a stunt to bring in ratings/buzz for S4.
Old 05-14-2014, 05:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it was confirmed it is going to be Elsa, not just the Snow Queen version she is likely based off of.

I definitely saw integrating 'Frozen' as a publicity stunt to try and garner ratings from that movie's very recent success at the box office. That kind of annoyed me because it left me wondering, are they really thinking about the story direction for s4? Especially given recent interviews with A&E that suggest she will be more of a misunderstood character, so I am not even sure we can think of her as the big bad for next season. I hope there is some kind of threat to keep things interesting because I do not want s4 to focus on cheap contrived love triangles and plot devices. Ugh.

I think A&E also confirmed that the ending with Elsa was kept under tight wraps, they had an alternate ending ready to go. So most of the cast did not even know the true ending because the alternate ending was in their own scripts. Very few knew. But I guess they would not release what the alternate ending was because they apparently said it could still be something they would like to do later.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 05-14-2014, 05:45 AM
Loyal Fan

I kinda liked it as individual episode like I wasn't bored most of the time, but I don't like the consequences of the episode, the changes of the past and for stupid drama making Regina the one who killed Marian...
And I probably repeat it over and over again even though I feel like not many people are that bothered by it, beside the whole Marian thing and the change of the original meeting of Snow White and Charming, I really hated the fact the show still doesn't treat Regina as Henry's mother at all... That woman adopted him, raised him for years, teached him how to talk, walk etc etc. and based on the writing we still should think Emma is the one wo can take Henry away wherever and whenever she wants without even mentioning it to Regina!

I loved the character of Elsa in Frozen but I don't have a good feeling about her being on OUaT for now.

Last edited by Lenka5; 05-14-2014 at 05:55 AM
Old 05-14-2014, 06:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I was bored by the episode, lol. Probably because my interest in Emma has declined over the seasons and her character just does not carry an entire episode for me. Especially inside a rehashed, chopped up redo of a perfectly played out episode of Snow Falls.

It also probably doesn't help how she has been getting on my nerves more and more as it pertains to Henry and hardly giving any consideration for the fact that Regina is his mother too. She raised him. But in the finale she is still thinking of herself by whisking Henry back to NY with her after the kid has his memories back AND thinks he'll be going back between Regina & Emma.

Old 05-14-2014, 06:14 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
It also probably doesn't help how she has been getting on my nerves more and more as it pertains to Henry and hardly giving any consideration for the fact that Regina is his mother too. She raised him. But in the finale she is still thinking of herself by whisking Henry back to NY with her after the kid has his memories back AND thinks he'll be going back between Regina & Emma.
Emma was getting on my nerves these last episodes too, espcially for the things you named but what bothers me even more is the fact that the writers don't write it as her flaw, it truly seems to me the writers think she has right to do so... They were only dealing with the fact she wanted to leave her family and Storybrook and that's what it was all about, but nothing about the fact she shouldn't have to take Henry away from his adoptive mother withouth her agreement or the more so she doesn't even legal right to do so... The show presents Emma more as Henry's mother imo and I don't like it. Regina is my favorite but I think I can be rather objective and critical even about her or her wriring but in this case I truly think Regina should be the Henry's mother with (more) rights if that makes any sense. Emma gave him for adopiton, Regina adopted him and raised him since he was a baby

Last edited by Lenka5; 05-14-2014 at 06:24 AM
Old 05-14-2014, 06:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenka5 (View Post)
Emma was getting on my nerves these last episodes too, espcially for the things you named but what bothers me even more is the fact that the writers don't write it as her mistake, it truly seems to me the writers think she has right to do so... They were only dealing with the fact she wanted to leave her family and Storybrook and that's what it was all about, but nothing about the fact she shouldn't have to take Henry away from his adoptive mother withouth her agreement or the more so she doesn't even legal right to do so... The show presents Emma more as Henry's mother imo and I don't like it. Regina is my favorite but I think I can be rather objective and in this case I truly think Regina is the Henry's mother with (more) rights if that makes any sense.
I agree. I took note of it. Which is why with this whole Marian mess in play, I do still have concerns with how much focus or time together Regina|Henry will even get in s4. Regina will truly be lonely because the Charmings & Emma are clearly written as Henry's primary family and Regina as his secondary one. Personally, I am completely turned off for s4 as a big Regina fan. She is the main reason I watch, in addition to Rumple. What role is Regina going to have next season in storyline? At least this part of s3 was interesting because Regina had Robin and then her sister to contend with. There was an alliance with the Charmings. Which by the way, I think they did a huge injustice to Zelena. A real missed opportunity to develop her and Regina more so Regina could have somebody. I mean in light of Regina giving her sister a second chance.

It just sucks for Regina. She always comes in second place or second best ... With her mother, with her sister, with her son, and now with Robin.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 05-14-2014 at 06:35 AM
Old 05-14-2014, 06:51 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
I agree. I took note of it. Which is why with this whole Marian mess in play, I do still have concerns with how much focus or time together Regina|Henry will even get in s4. Regina will truly be lonely because the Charmings & Emma are clearly written as Henry's primary family and Regina as his secondary one. Personally, I am completely turned off for s4 as a big Regina fan. She is the main reason I watch, in addition to Rumple. What role is Regina going to have next season in storyline? At least this part of s3 was interesting because Regina had Robin and then her sister to contend with. There was an alliance with the Charmings. Which by the way, I think they did a huge injustice to Zelena. A real missed opportunity to develop her and Regina more so Regina could have somebody. I mean in light of Regina giving her sister a second chance.

It just sucks for Regina. She always comes in second place or second best ... With her mother, with her sister, with her son, and now with Robin.
Fortunately for me I love more or less all the characters (maybe except for Neal who I just never could connect to Bae even if I tried) even if Regina is my favorite. I don't feel very excited for season 4 right now either, espcially because I don't see any good solution for that Marian problem and I am worrying about her isolation and regression. But I hope (don't believe, just hope) that the "new" Regina will realize Emma didn't mean any harm to her, just wanted to save the life of that woman, so there won't be that much tension between them and neither between her and Snow... and If we have to suffer this storyine I at least I hope we'll get to see Henry trying to cheer his mom. But like I said it's just my wishful thinking...Even though if they want to write that stupid triangle, I cannot somehow imagine that much hate between Regina and Charmings, because Robin would probably knew and would he still want her if he knew she hates someone because she saved his wife?

I am one of those people who very rarely stopped watching any show., When I start watching something, I watch from the beginning to the end even though very often it brings me more suffering than enjoyement. It's sad to see so many fanfiction being better written than the actual shows (and it's true about many shows).

I agree about Zelena being missed opportunity, the only thing that would excuse them if Marian truly was Zelena in disguise :-)
Old 05-14-2014, 08:36 AM
Moderator Support Team

I was actually surprised but Emma did go on my nerves too. I mean what happened to the emma we saw in witch hunt? she took a complete 180 and was just bugging me in this episode and in the last ones too to be honest. I used to LOVE emma and now i am just thinking that she is so selfish and that she ruined so much I loved her starting relationship wiht Regina and I was looking forward to more and now we will probably have a season one redux of the show. sigh. dont like that much

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 05-14-2014, 11:30 AM
New Fan

Regina's last scene was truely heartbreaking.
To be honest, I'm a Swan Queen shipper. I don't care that much about the fact Robin Hood and Marian are reunited. I am sad though about Regina. She really thought she got her happy ending now... and boom, that was taken away from her once again in an instance.
I personally believe that she feels betrayed on both Robin's side and Emma's side. She thought RH loved her, and then when his dead wifey is no longer dead he is running to hug her and be with her... and then there's Emma. They are kind of friends now, but she ruined her love life.
That is messy! I think that Regina is not going to be The Evil Queen all over again. She has changed, she's a hero now. She is going to deal with this in a different way than she did in the past.
I can't wait to see what comes next for her. The next season will be great because of her wanting to change and fighting her anger towards everyone.
I hope Henry will be there to support her.
Old 05-15-2014, 12:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think that regardless of what you ship, Regina just did not deserve that. She finally got her happy ending, and boom, it's ripped away again. But yeah, I hope she won't turn back into the Evil Queen, but honestly, I didn't feel like her telling Emma off was in her menacing, evil way, so... I guess I have hope.

If it's really Elsa and not just the Snow Queen, though... Why would she be locked away in the place with the darkest magic? That's a question for next season though, I guess.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:07 AM
Dedicated Fan

IMO, this finale episode was made to continue glorifying Hook and Emma.

Hook said this to Emma: “You defeated the bloody Wicked Witch, you defeated Pan, you broke the curse”

Hearing hook said it, I was like "hey! It's Regina who defeated wicked witch, and it's Regina & Rumple who defeated Pan (Regina took Henry's heart from Pan and broke Pan's curse, and Rumple killed Pan)", not Emma.

And when Regina finally got her happy ending, it's ripped away again.

Regina always being the one who got screwed over, again, and again, and again...

How tragic Regina's life was and is. It's so heartbreaking.

Regina really did not deserve to be treated like that.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:26 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifty springs (View Post)
I think that regardless of what you ship, Regina just did not deserve that. She finally got her happy ending, and boom, it's ripped away again. But yeah, I hope she won't turn back into the Evil Queen, but honestly, I didn't feel like her telling Emma off was in her menacing, evil way, so... I guess I have hope.

If it's really Elsa and not just the Snow Queen, though... Why would she be locked away in the place with the darkest magic? That's a question for next season though, I guess.
I actually think that Elsa being locked away might have something to do with Rumple.Maybe she was also one of his students? I dont know but when something is locked away in a dark place.. it was surely rumple loool.

and I agree. Regina did not deserve that. no matter how many times A & E say that they love a tortured Regina and YES Lana plays it extremely well.. we want a happy ending for her.

Edia - I KNOW RIGHT. when hook said that I was like "right... you say that to get in her pants, because WE ALL know it wasnt her to defeated them. Pan was a team effort where ultimatively Regina took his heart because of her regretting nothing. and the WW was a team effort at first too until REGINA defeated her with white magic because emma had to save hook by you know lol.

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign