Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-16-2017, 05:26 AM
Moderator Support Team

Once Upon A Time Episode Discussion 6x17 - Awake

6x17: Awake
April 16th, 2017 @ 8:00 p.m. Eastern

Description :HOOK AND TIGER LILY JOIN FORCES AGAINST THE LOST BOYS IN NEVERLAND WHILE GOLD AND THE BLACK FAIRY REACH A FORMIDABLE IMPASSE, ON ABC’S ‘ONCE UPON A TIME’

Sara Tomko Guest Stars as Tiger Lily

“Awake” – Still trapped in Neverland, Hook aligns himself with Tiger Lily, hoping to find a way back to Emma. Back in Storybook, Regina works to break the sleeping curse that David and Snow are under, and Gold denies The Black Fairy, which brings the two of them to a fearsome impasse. In flashbacks, we learn what Snow and Charming sacrificed in order for Emma to fulfill her destiny as the Savior, on “Once Upon a Time,” SUNDAY, APRIL 16 (8:00–9:00 p.m. EDT), on The ABC Television Network.

“Once Upon a Time” stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Lana Parrilla as the Evil Queen/Regina, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David, Emilie de Ravin as Belle, Colin O’Donoghue as Hook, Jared S. Gilmore as Henry Mills, Rebecca Mader as the Wicked Witch/Zelena and Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold.

PROMOS:

RULES :

+ Some of you may not like everything about the episode. Please try to be constructive when you are criticizing something.
+ Do not insult characters/actors. Please stay positive.
+ Respect each other's ships.
+ Enjoy!

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 04-16-2017, 10:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I watched it; it was Snowing but they have felt so disconnected for a while now that the episode was just ... meh to me. And based on spoilers, and everything coming full circle to Emma and her CS wedding, I think I'm going to pull back again from the remaining episodes, except maybe the one about the black fairy. I'll see.

I mean, I thought it was cool that Regina came up with the alternative idea to save|wake Snowing but, of course, I think Emma got the credit. And it's about time Snowing was free from the curse.

I liked the BF confrontations with Rumbelle and later on, just Rumple.

What I personally didn't care about:

* CS proposal
* Snowing willing to stay cursed so CS could be together
* I kind of rolled my eyes at the SB revisionism during the dark curse where a convenient pixie flower just so happened to be there so Snow & Charming could wake up and get a glimpse at young Emma. Because that's all I really saw that plot device being about.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 04-16-2017 at 11:16 PM
Old 04-17-2017, 08:15 AM
Master Fan

Episode spoilers below if you haven't watched...

I loved Regina in this episode working to break the Snowing curse. That relationship between them is amazing. And they were successful, since Regina had the idea and the know-how and Snowing had earned enough goodwill with the townspeople that they were willing to go along with it. It didn't really make much sense, but at least it was sweet and there were other issues in this episode that made even less sense.

The entire reason Rumple wanted Regina to cast the curse was so that he could get to the land without magic to find Bae. So when Snowing shows up knowing very much who they are and wanting to find Emma, at this point their interests and Rumple's are somewhat aligned. Both have children they wish to find outside of Storybrooke. Snowing might care about the rest of the people in the town having to live indefinitely under the curse, but Rumple did not. So why didn't he just go through the magic door himself and find Bae rather than waiting another 18 years?? And how is there magic pixie dust in non-magical Storybooke anyway?

Also does anyone in the the Charming family remember that Snow and Charming have an infant son? No one seemed to be taking that into account when Snowing made the choice to give Emma the magic to find Hook. I know they love Emma and want her to be happy, but shouldn't potentially orphaning their son have at least been discussed? And even if Emma was willing to raise him, she believes death is waiting in the shadows for her already! *smh*

Didn't Regina say the EQ told her everything she knows about sleeping curse? Yet Regina didn't know about the fail safe. So do the writers really not remember what was said just 3 episodes ago? Or was the EQ not really all that sorry about the sleeping curse after all?

I did enjoy the flashback in that we got see a glimpse of Regina in evil Mayor days again which just reminds me of how far she has come. When Charming was able to help Snow remember who she is and they played the Snowing theme, I got chills. Even when the plot is silly, I love it when Snowing has those big emotional moments.

Last edited by sherry02; 04-17-2017 at 08:21 AM
Old 04-17-2017, 08:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

I will be watching this on Wednesday hopefully so I haven't read what's been written so far
Old 04-17-2017, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Sherry, I think I would have enjoyed the flashback more had it really been more about Snowing and the curse rather than a contrived way to get a convenient glimpse at young Emma so it could be used as the platform later to have Snow tell Emma to use the same magic to save Hook? It was nice to see a flashback to the time of the dark curse, it fits that Snowing would ultimately be selfless because of the whole town and all but so different from the earlier seasons because now the episodes just seem completely plot driven.

Excellent point about Mr. Gold. I didn't even reflect on that but I agree 100%. Gold's only motive and care was getting to his son Baelfire. His concern was not for the rest of the town and his only interest in Emma showing up on her 28th year was so the curse would break and he could get to his son. NO WAY would he pass up on a magical loophole presented before him.

Yeah, the situation with baby Neal seems to be a running joke more and more, lol. Maybe it's supposed to be assumed he'll be raised by the dwarves?

I honestly think the writing just doesn't care anymore about any of the prior development with most of the other characters. They are winding the story down of the first 6 seasons and all the plot calls for now is story setting up Emma against this final ultimate villain, using events to bring CS together for their HE, and they are using all other characters to push this plot.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:09 PM
Moderator Support Team

havent been able to see it yet hope i can today

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 04-19-2017, 08:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

I watched it today and it was so good! I love that Regina was the big part of helping Snowing and the fact that she was able to rally the town together and with the Snowing legacy get them to help them

MY CS are finally reunited!! Everything building up to that in the episode was amazing I love getting Pre Emma Storybrooke and more of Snowings story!

I am glad someone figured out that the Black Fairy has Gideon's heart! Now Rumple knows this he knows his son can be saved! That the fairy didn't turn him evil!
Old 04-21-2017, 01:09 PM
Master Fan

Even though this picture is really of Snowing, I think it's so funny that while everyone else was passed out on the floor from the 5 minute sleeping curse, Regina sat herself down in her chair before she went to sleep.

Old 04-21-2017, 02:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Everybody else did fall to the floor, didn't they?

Old 04-21-2017, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

That is true Regina had the sense to sit down knowing she would be falling asleep very soon!