Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2015, 07:31 AM
Graphics Team

Once Upon A Time Episode Discussion: 5x08 "Birth" / 5x09 "The Bear King"

5x08: Birth / 5x09: The Bear King
November 15th, 2015 @ 8:00 p.m. Eastern

Description:
In the first hour – “Birth”– Tensions in Camelot come to a head when Merlin, now under
Arthur's control, delivers an ultimatum to Emma: hand over the Dark One dagger and the
Promethean spark or he will kill her entire family. Refusing to give in, Emma and our
heroes face off against Arthur, Merlin, and Zelena in an epic battle of magic and will. Just
when the end is in sight, Emma is forced to make a gut-wrenching choice that no one saw
coming. Back in Storybrooke, Zelena’s pregnancy mysteriously accelerates and Hook goes
to new and desperate lengths to get answers from the Dark Swan.

In the second hour – “The Bear King”– Zelena and Arthur journey to DunBroch on a mission
to retrieve an enchanted relic that will provide the advantage they need to vanquish Emma
and our heroes. Their path will cross with Merida’s, who is on a journey of her own to pay
a debt that her father, King Fergus, owed to the Witch when he died. Merida enlists the
help of two friends, Mulan and Ruby, but, in order to satisfy the Witch and save DunBroch,
she first must discover the identity of the knight who killed her father. In flashbacks, Merida
learns about bravery and honor as she trains for combat and rides alongside Fergus
into the infamous battle that claims his life.

PROMO:

RULES:
+ Some of you may not like everything about the episode. Please try to be constructive when you are criticizing something.
+ Do not insult characters/actors. Please stay positive.
+ Respect each other's ships.
+ Enjoy!

Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
Old 11-13-2015, 07:36 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread. Once again, not expecting much Regina, but maybe we'll be surprised.
Old 11-13-2015, 08:24 AM
Moderator Support Team

doubt it. so far I watched all double eisodes live. this one. not so much. but I hope it will still be a good episode

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 11-13-2015, 08:35 AM
Master Fan

I've just read some things that have made me decide not to watch this week. I'll just read the online summary.
Old 11-13-2015, 08:38 AM
Graphics Team

^ What things?
Old 11-13-2015, 08:51 AM
Master Fan

Spoiler articles. If you go on twitter, I'm sure you'll see them.
Old 11-13-2015, 09:25 AM
Graphics Team

All i see is stuff about OQ/Regina.. but I don't see anything spoilery.. Can you PM me?
Old 11-13-2015, 09:40 AM
Moderator Support Team

yeah i read some stuff too that made me really made. its like the finale of season 3 when hook was suddenly to emma like "you defeated pan, you defeated teh wicked witch" and i was like "when did that happen" and now.... that thing i read

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 11-13-2015, 10:39 AM
Master Fan

Jac, I posted the links in the spoiler thread for you. I had to post it as an edit though because I was the last poster in that thread.
Old 11-14-2015, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Can't wait for tomorrow
Old 11-14-2015, 08:23 PM
Graphics Team

I'm not excited for this ep.
But we'll see how it goes.. I hope to see atleast some Regina. And not just the stuff I saw in the promo pics.
Old 11-15-2015, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I would like to skip right over Birth, me thinks.

It would be nice to have some Regina scenes but they probably all have to do with that baby being born.

ETA:

Um yeah.

Any of you who skipped this episode, good for you!

I know we have joked about it before but the first hour was literally ONCE UPON A CAPTAIN SWAN. The whole dark swan story is literally about Hook - to save his life. They share the DO curse and I still don't get it, lol. Don't care to get it either.

Tried to make the baby birth comical - but epic fail. Random lines were maybe funny but any which way you cut it that story sucks. Robin officially shares a daughter with Wicked Witch, something OQ fans wanted in the end.

Zelena actually had more screentime than Regina.

And because of the above, I found the second episode with Merida to be a great escape from the awful story the main characters are serving.

That about sums it up for me.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 11-15-2015 at 08:18 PM
Old 11-15-2015, 08:56 PM
Graphics Team

The first hour was more interesting than the 2nd hour imo.
I like Merida, as I've said, but I just found her stuff kinda boring. Though it was nice to see Red and Mulan again, and to have the explanation as to where Red has been.

But like, the main thing I really didn't care for was that baby scene. It just aggravates me. I shall roll my eyes at all the things relating to that.

I do find it interesting to know what Emma was really up to though. But all the Captain Swan is just... too much. I mean it's like every episode is about them in some way. It's tiring.
Old 11-16-2015, 05:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, for me, the main character stuff is so boring and flat, I actually prefered the Merida stuff. It let me forget about everything else for that hour. It was new story for an episode. No big deal to me since it's not like Frozen and its characters dominating all the screentime.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 11-16-2015, 06:39 AM
Elite Fan

This about sums it up for me...