Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-15-2014, 07:47 PM
Master Fan

Sorry about the DP, but it's been over 24 hrs so I'm posting.

Latest TV Guide article:
Quote:
Tempted to return to the dark side, Regina goes to her Magic Mirror (Giancarlo Esposito) for dastardly assistance. "When it comes to evil, Regina is like a recovering alcoholic", says Horowitz. "She may hold that bottle in her hand, but will she really take a drink?" x
He doesn't come right out and say it, but this pretty much confirms in my mind that while Regina is going to face the temptation to return to her old ways, she won't actually go through with anything harmful.

I think the AfterEllen interview with Lana today confirmed it as well. I don't have the exact quote, but Lana said something to the effect that even though Regina will always have the evil queen inside of her, she is trying to be good and do the right thing.
Old 09-16-2014, 03:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

It's going to be hard for her I think to try and not give into the evil side considering what happened in the finale
Old 09-16-2014, 09:47 AM
Moderator Support Team

i think so too. but regina has grown a lot. and seh will try to keep herself from going evil again and hopefully succeed

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 09-16-2014, 10:19 AM
Master Fan

I'm sure it will be hard. It's been the way she has coped with things for years. I think she can resist it though. Even last year in the "missing year", when she was trying to go on thinking she would never see Henry again, she was able to resist. You could see the anger and the hurt was there, but she did not regress back to evil. If she could resist it under those circumstances, she can resist under these too.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:33 AM
Moderator Support Team

yes thats what I said. that if she didnt even turn evil at the loss of henry.. she wont now. logical would for me to see an absolutely broken regina that closes herself off from the world.

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 09-16-2014, 11:03 AM
Dedicated Fan

I think the issue with Regina going back to evil again isn't just about the current situation. It's the way everything goes wrong for her, things escalate, she can never just be happy. This kind of stuff wears a person down. You get through things but eventually reach your breaking point. The straw that breaks the camel's back doesn't have to be the biggest and worst thing that's happened. You just have to reach a point where you feel like you're at the end of your rope.

I think Regina has dealt with enough that she could reach that point at any given moment.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:09 AM
Moderator Support Team

i wondered why seh didnt reach that point sooner to be honest lol. I just hope that this time she actually has people that have her back and help her through it

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 09-16-2014, 11:15 AM
Master Fan

I hope so too. In addition to having people who want to support her, she also has to be willing to let them. That's hard to do when you are used to dealing with everything alone.
Old 09-16-2014, 12:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Evil Regalღ (View Post)
yes thats what I said. that if she didnt even turn evil at the loss of henry.. she wont now. logical would for me to see an absolutely broken regina that closes herself off from the world.
I think that is probably what is going to happen
Old 09-16-2014, 01:36 PM
Obsessed Fan

Woohoooo another spoiler thread *jumps into the discussion, pretending she wasn't stalking ya in days*!

I think that Regina was never given enough time to properly react to everything that broke her in her life. There was always something happening right after each time she experienced pain and loss, that her mind was preoccupied and held back the inevitable blow. And you are all right, she has always been alone. Now there are actually many people that care about her well being, not just for their sakes, but for her own as well, Snow, Henry, Robin, Emma are definitely some, and I think that they will be there for her, each in their own way. That alone shows how much she has changed and grown as a person, and I don't think that even A&E would want her to give up all her efforts for redemption and just go all Evil Queen on everybody, as much as they love her dark side. And that's why I think they will always tease the idea of her becoming evil again, but that will never truly happen.

"I think you've just been hired as one of the writers of OUAT" - Lana Parrilla, Fairytales II Con, Paris, 22/6/2014
Old 09-18-2014, 08:59 AM
Moderator Support Team

made it 4 days spoilerfree

and yes of course I hope Regina lets the people in that try to help her. I doubt she would if Emma would try. probably only wanting to turn her into a crisp right away. but maybe archie could help her or I dont know but I would actually (besides henry of course duh) I would like to see charming step up somehow. I dont kow why but i would certainly love that dynamic

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 09-21-2014, 04:12 AM
Dedicated Fan

I love that 1 episode will be dedicated for Regina/Emma dynamic, because their dynamic is one of my favorite, besides regina/henry, regina/snow, & regina rumple dynamic.

I love that Regina/Henry operation will be for the whole season. I always wish for regina/henry mother/son bonding scenes, so my dream will come true in season 4. I hope their mother/son scenes will be a lot.

This spoiler confirm that regina will not going back to evil, so we should not worry anymore about that regina/sidney scene (where she wants to get rid of marian).

Quote:
Another combustible couple are Regina and Robin Hood. Some preview photos from the premiere show Marion looking less than pleased with Robin — is it as happy a reunion between them as people might expect?
Kitsis: It’s a difficult reunion because, obviously for Regina… what we loved about the finale is that before this happened and she was walking into that party, you saw her the happiest she had ever been on the show, even before when she was a teenage girl. So we have three years of evolution for this character. Now she’s faced with her first real emotional setback. Not a plot setback but an emotional one. So for us it was a question of, “how does she deal with it?” The old Regina would immediately rip everyone’s heart out. What will this one do? And Marion is a stranger in a strange land, and it’s one thing that you find out you’ve traveled through time and your husband has moved on, but it’s another thing to find out he moved on with the person who killed you. So it’s going to be uncomfortable over there in the Sherwood Forest part of Storybrooke. [Laughs.]

As you said, this is a huge setback for Regina — how do you balance the central conflict of her dark impulses warring with her journey towards redemption without undoing the last three years of character development?
Horowitz: That’s what’s interesting to us about it. This is not about Regina reverting to being The Evil Queen from season one. She can’t; she’s come too far, but that Evil Queen is a huge part of who she is. So we have a challenge before her that is huge, that is going to require her to wrestle all the different aspects of her personality. Her dark impulses and her light ones.
Kitsis: And another thing that we’re really excited about is, Regina’s story is not just Robin Hood. We have seen Henry in the past with Operation Cobra with Emma, but he is going to be in a new operation with Regina this year that is actually going to [last] the whole year.

Emma bringing back Marion in the finale obviously threw another wrench in her relationship with Regina, but as you said, Regina has also evolved. What can you preview for their dynamic this season?
Kitsis: I think the relationship is tough because Emma decided to save a life, and that life kind of destroyed Regina’s happiness, and so they may have been at it at the top, but one of the things we’re excited to explore is, you know, what does Emma think about Regina? How does she look at her now, and how does Regina look at Emma now? And there’s going to be an entire episode devoted to just that relationship and how they feel about each other.

Source
Old 09-21-2014, 04:56 AM
Moderator Support Team

eventho i really tired to stay spoilerfree with twitter that is almost impossible. so yes I also spoiled myself with the regina and henry centered episode. but hey i made it a week. and its just one more week til the premiere so yeah

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 09-21-2014, 05:49 AM
Master Fan

I'm very excited about Regina and Henry's adventure together this year and I'm also glad we don't have to worry about Regina going back to being evil. Like they said, she's always going to have some evil queen in her and I like that because it makes her interesting, but I'd prefer she only tap into that side of herself when the situation warrants it, like when it is needed to protect people. Sometimes things have to be done that the strictly "good" characters can't stomach and that's when you need the grey characters who can handle those things.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:29 AM
Dedicated Fan

Regina always get 1 or more centric episode in season 1-3, but one thing that worry me is ....will regina get centric episode this season? Why haven't we heard about regina centric episode?

So far the centric episode in season 4 is this:
1 ensemble and anna/elsa
2 charming
3 emma/ CS
4 rumple/hook
5 emma
6 belle
7 snow queen