Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-24-2017, 01:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Yes, I would imagine that we would see 'SB' Regina in the flashbacks since it would be pre-curse. Especially if hardly any time has passed for her - she could not have evolved and changed that much on a personal level. Although, if we are to assume Henry left home at legal age, 18, and s6 ended at approximately age 14 for Henry (ie. As the BF referenced his age in the s6 finale), there is about a four year gap in between for Regina we know nothing about. What could have changed for her during that time?
That's enough time for a lot to have changed, but since we've had no casting announcements for anyone I can think of that would be a potential love interest for Regina, I'm assuming whatever it is about will not be romance.

Quote:
But even if not her, I do suspect Lady Tremaine is probably not the only threat. She probably struck some kind of deal to further her own agenda but somebody else might have an even bigger one. Lady Tremaine was probably used. I realize that is kind of similar to the Rumple|Regina set up but maybe it will have a different spin on what it's all ultimately about.
That could be it. Or maybe she just has an ally that has magic. I do think she will not be the curse caster, but as you said before, probably involved in some way.

Quote:
I suppose she'll be shown to interact with Rumple or Hook? Maybe she receives Henry's SOS first and goes around to the others? Lets just hope she is getting a centric and the explanation of getting to where she is her is not divided up in Hook or Rumple's centric.
That could be. It allows Henry to be part of her centric if she gets the initial call for help and recruits Hook and Rumple to go with her. I'll be surprised if Zelena is not part of her centric. If we don't see Zelena then, I suspect we won't see her at all. It's also possible 7x03 is for one of the new characters and Regina's isn't until 7x05.
Old 07-24-2017, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry02 (View Post)
That's enough time for a lot to have changed, but since we've had no casting announcements for anyone I can think of that would be a potential love interest for Regina, I'm assuming whatever it is about will not be romance.
Oh gosh, lets hope her potential love interest isn't the new curse caster and is from inside SB somehow?

But, yes, in 4 years, lots can change. No casting news but, then again, they are only on filming for 7x02, not a Regina centric yet. And if a potential love interest is only going to start as a guest star? Just some possibilities but chances are greater that she is alone as of the premiere and IF she meets anybody in the future, it will be in Seattle. I said before I wouldn't be opposed to someone from our world this time - something different to explore when they find out who she really is|was and deal with that. None of that external crap drama we got with Zelena.

Quote:
That could be. It allows Henry to be part of her centric if she gets the initial call for help and recruits Hook and Rumple to go with her. I'll be surprised if Zelena is not part of her centric. If we don't see Zelena then, I suspect we won't see her at all. It's also possible 7x03 is for one of the new characters and Regina's isn't until 7x05.
It would be a little weird to separate Regina's centric with Hook & Rumple's happening so close but it is possible they are spacing them out with new characters in between them.

The other thing is I think they are intentionally being more tight lipped about our characters than they are about the new ones. So it's difficult to assess where they are coming from and where they will be as characters.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 07-24-2017, 04:12 PM
Master Fan

If she's getting a love interest, I think it is likely someone she meets in Seattle. As long as the relationship doesn't exist only as a direct result of the curse, I'm okay with that. The David and Kathryn marriage by curse was icky because it wasn't based on real feelings. A relationship that develops naturally would be okay though. I don't know if it's happening though. We already know of two romance stories happening - Henry & Cinderella and whoever the LGBT romance is for. I'm not sure I see them doing a third love story this season.

ETA:
Came across this on tumblr, it's being speculated that this is Regina's bar and that her cursed name is Roni. Notice the arrows on the sign. Maybe Robin's memory is peeking through her cursed identity. Or it's just for the fans.

x

Last edited by sherry02; 07-24-2017 at 04:27 PM
Old 07-24-2017, 05:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Not sure it is happening anytime soon, but given that Lana said she would like to see Regina find that happiness, and she was excited on what A&E pitched at her for Regina moving forward, I am going to assume maybe the plans include a love interest at some point? Definitely from Seattle, I would think, whether somebody from our world or from the new EF perhaps.

That is an interesting set pic. I would say it's very good speculation that Roni is Regina's new identity and she is the bar owner. The arrows would definitely be a nod to Robin Hood|OQ. Love the parallels if so. Robin had a tavern in the EF, Regina is running a bar. Even Ro|ni starts & sounds similar to Ro|bin in the beginning. Definitely the local hangout for the police force & others?

Wow, I can imagine Henry's reaction to the change if he remembers first and his memories break through. Mayor of Storybrooke to hip mother in jeans.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:34 PM
Master Fan

I can just imagine Henry's reaction to his mom, the evil queen turned mayor turned bartender.

Here's the 7x03 title. According to google it's a reference to a story that has something to do with a labyrinth of timelines and different possible outcomes. Whatever it is, I doubt it's Regina's centric.

Old 07-24-2017, 08:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Interesting title. Hm, sometimes we can't always tell by the titles who's centic it will be but I just thought about the fact that SB is mostly out for filming so what kind of centrics would our characters really have unless they show the new EF for them? I think Colin is the exception because he did some filming with Jen & Jared that will probably be in SB before Henry leaves & to explain Emma's absence. Rumple might get something for SB with a Belle appearance but, yeah, Regina might get shafted out of that.

Old 07-24-2017, 08:12 PM
Master Fan

If anyone is interested, the first sneak peek is out and it has the Regina and Henry (Jared) scene where he leaves SB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEVcq6mnCu0

ETA:

Quote:
... I just thought about the fact that SB is mostly out for filming so what kind of centrics would our characters really have unless they show the new EF for them? I think Colin is the exception because he did some filming with Jen & Jared that will probably be in SB before Henry leaves & to explain Emma's absence. Rumple might get something for SB with a Belle appearance but, yeah, Regina might get shafted out of that.
That's possible. I'm expecting they'll try to get Bex back for Regina's centric. I'd actually really like it if they got Ginny back and we had some Snow Queen scenes. If they can't get either of them, then I really don't know who in SB she would have scenes with, unless it's like we discussed before and it's just something brief of she, Hook, and Rumple leaving SB for the new EF. I'm assuming we are completely done with flashbacks to the original EF.

Last edited by sherry02; 07-25-2017 at 07:36 AM
Old 07-25-2017, 09:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yup, I think original EF flashbacks are done & over with. I think the new flashbacks will be all about the new EF. So, it's just a matter of when Regina, Hook, & Rumple get there. Hopefully we'll get some more clues as filming starts for the next episode to see how much Lana films|Regina is there. That might give us an idea about a Regina centric.

Oh, just an interesting tidbit - apparently at one of the panels|fan cons Robert attended over this summer, he only agreed to come back for this season, then he is done. Supposedly, he didn't want to have to uproot his kids right now with school and everything. This is according to some of his fans who were in attendance but I don't know how accurate it is so just take it as speculation. But ... it won't surprise me if it's true, I was surprised Bobby returned. Don't know what Colin's long term plans are or what the life of the OUAT reset will be but ironically, Regina theoretically is the one returning character that has the best odds with sticking to the reset because she is the character with no solid connections left back in SB. She can create a new life outside of SB for herself with no immediate attachments because Henry is gone from there. If it is true they keep CS intact, at some point you'd think Hook would need to be reunited, offscreen if Jen never returns again, otherwise that would drag on for the character.

Thanks for the sneak peek. I had watched it & was surprised they released it this early.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 07-25-2017 at 09:45 AM
Old 07-25-2017, 09:51 AM
Master Fan

After watching that scene, I really hope that the theory about time passing more quickly in the new EF than in SB is correct. The idea that Regina has been sitting in that big mansion all alone for 10 years waiting for Henry to come home is heartbreaking. If it's only been a few months for her, that's not so bad. Although she will probably be shocked when she gets to the new EF and finds that he is a grown man.

I have seen rumors that both Bobby and Colin have told people at cons that this will be their last season on the show. I'll be surprised if there is a season 8, but if there is, I expect all three of the long term actors to be gone. I think they are using them as a transition team, as was suggested before. But they do have a good set up for Regina to remain in Seattle if Lana wants to stay. I'm sure Regina would like to be near Henry and his family and she has no one waiting for her in SB like the others do.

So what do you all think about Regina possibly owning a bar and being named Roni? It's very different. I don't mind about the bar thing, I'm just surprised. I'm not crazy about the name Roni, no offense to anyone who might like it. I do like the name Veronica, which is usually what it's short for, but since the sign says "Roni's", I'm assuming that is the name she goes by,
Old 07-25-2017, 10:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
After watching that scene, I really hope that the theory about time passing more quickly in the new EF than in SB is correct. The idea that Regina has been sitting in that big mansion all alone for 10 years waiting for Henry to come home is heartbreaking. If it's only been a few months for her, that's not so bad. Although she will probably be shocked when she gets to the new EF and finds that he is a grown man.
I agree about the time frame. I would prefer it was not that long for Regina to be waiting around in SB for 10 years. It wouldn't even fit with the non-aging of her and the others and I would certainly expect the writers to have included a life where she moved on, with another possible love interest, with that huge lapse of time.

I think right now time moving faster in this other realm is the best speculation and makes the most sense. Otherwise magic would be needed to explain it.

Quote:
I have seen rumors that both Bobby and Colin have told people at cons that this will be their last season on the show.
Hm, so maybe that is why Colin is so persistent in telling the CS fans not to worry about the pairing. This is only going to be a one season separation for them because Hook will return to SB by the s7 finale? Probably along with Rumple, who has Belle & Gideon waiting for him. If true.

Quote:
I'll be surprised if there is a season 8, but if there is, I expect all three of the long term actors to be gone. I think they are using them as a transition team, as was suggested before. But they do have a good set up for Regina to remain in Seattle if Lana wants to stay. I'm sure Regina would like to be near Henry and his family and she has no one waiting for her in SB like the others do.
Going by the decline in viewership, and the unlikely possibility of ratings going up with the reset, I would tend to agree that s7 looks like the last BUT ... on Twitter, I ran into somebody tweeting who claimed to know somebody higher up with ABC Network who said they hold onto the show & are reluctant to let it go because the network is struggling and has had no new hits. And inspite of the lower ratings, they still profit pretty well off of it? If this is true, I can see the network milking it for a possible s8.

I was also suspicious that Regina, Hook, Rumple were being used to transition and that might be a downfall because that would be leading into a complete reset that will disconnect from s1-s6 and then s7. They claim that's not what this is but we will see. I think alot people staying with the show are doing so because of our originals. I just don't think at this point in the game, the newbies will be able to carry this show after one season. I think most will stick around and watch their stories as long as they know their originals will be there to get story too. Once they go? ABC might be forced to let it go if ratings become practically non-existent. If they lose Colin & Bobby, I would seriously consider bringing on a couple others from SB to replace them somehow. Even if just recurring, I wouldn't be opposed to Snow & Charming but don't know if Ginny and Josh would do it.

I will stick around as long as Lana|Regina does. She doesn't really have a complete happy ending yet so perhaps they plan to hang onto her? Maybe that is why they aren't pushing out a centric for her right away as opposed to the other two.

Quote:
So what do you all think about Regina possibly owning a bar and being named Roni? It's very different. I don't mind about the bar thing, I'm just surprised. I'm not crazy about the name Roni, no offense to anyone who might like it. I do like the name Veronica, which is usually what it's short for, but since the sign says "Roni's", I'm assuming that is the name she goes by,
Lol, I really don't feel one way or another about the name itself. I think anything but Regina is going to take some getting used to. I am not too surprised about being a possible bar owner - I figured she'd be removed from her traditional leading role of Mayor|Queen but it will be interesting to see streaks of it come through.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 07-25-2017 at 10:59 AM
Old 07-25-2017, 11:06 AM
Master Fan

Once Upon a Time bosses explain new curse

Lady Tremaine sounds a bit like Cora without magic to me. I found this part interesting because I suspect she might own the building where Regina's bar is. I think she would definitely see Regina as a threat.

Quote:
And here’s the kicker: “Lady Tremaine learned the lesson that Regina didn’t, which is don’t keep them all together where one day they can find themselves, push them the hell out!” Kitsis exclaims. “You push them the hell out and you gentrify the neighborhood and you bring in a cold press juicer and they can’t afford it anymore, then you won’t worry about the Pied Piper finding, you know, Alice.” (The new iteration of Alice, by the way, will be played by Rose Reynolds.)
I think Hook and Rumple will definitely be headed back to SB at the end of the season. If the show is ending after season 7, then maybe Regina, Henry and his family will be going with them. Or maybe they'll just stay in Seattle, especially if Regina meets a new love there.

I will be around for as long as Lana is as well. I think it's unlikely I would continue to watch the show without her unless I just really fall in love with one of the new characters.

That's interesting about the conversation with someone who knows someone at ABC. It'll be interesting to see how the move to Friday night affects the ratings since Friday night shows generally aren't expected to bring in the same ratings as shows on other nights.
Old 07-25-2017, 11:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Here's a full copy of the link you provided ...

Quote:
Once Upon a Time bosses explain new curse

Natalie Abrams
July 25, 2017 at 1:27pm EDT
When Once Upon a Time returns for its rebooted seventh season, the trio of returning characters we’ve come to know and love will find themselves under a new curse from which it will be much harder to break free.

As revealed at Comic-Con, when adult Henry (Andrew J. West) leaves home and finds himself in trouble, Regina (Lana Parrilla), Hook (Colin O’Donoghue), and Rumple (RobertCarlyle) will come running. But somehow the quartet ends up under a new curse and it’s up to Henry’s daughter Lucy (Alison Fernandez) to get them all to believe once again. However, it won’t be easy as this new curse is quite different from the Dark Curse that started the whole show.

To understand the new curse, you must first understand the new main villain at the center of the story: Cinderella’s (Dania Ramirez) wicked stepmother Lady Tremaine (Gabrielle Anwar). “As often is the case on Once Upon a Time, there’s more than meets the eye to what we know about the character,” EP Adam Horowitz tells EW. “Lady Tremaine doesn’t like Cinderella very much and she’s got an agenda. But there is something broiling beneath that’s personal and painful that is driving all of this.”

“She’s somebody who wants to get to the top and will use any means necessary,” EP Edward Kitsis adds. “So why it’s important for her to be royal, why it’s important for her to crush everyone else, is the story of the year. In true Once Upon a Time fashion, evil isn’t born, it’s made, and we’ll see that with her as well.”

RELATED: Here’s everything we know about Once Upon a Time*season 7

This all speaks to some of the twists within Hyperion Heights, the new Storybrooke-esque neighborhood in the Land Without Magic that the characters will call their home during*the curse. “We’re going to see in Hyperion Heights that the role Lady Tremaine has taken is very similar in terms of getting to the top, in terms of being a developer, who is this character who is trying to push out the fairy tale characters who are living in Hyperion Heights, gentrifying the neighborhood and bringing other people in,” EP David H. Goodman says.

Yes, this does mean non-fairy tale folk also dwell in Hyperion Heights. “We’re in a city now,” Horowitz says. “Hyperion Heights is part of Seattle the way Brooklyn is part of New York. It’s more densely populated and it’s filled with fairy tale characters and non-fairy tale characters and that’s another interaction and vibe that we didn’t really have in Storybrooke, where it was all the cursed people.”

And here’s the kicker: “Lady Tremaine learned the lesson that Regina didn’t, which is don’t keep them all together where one day they can find themselves, push them the hell out!” Kitsis exclaims. “You push them the hell out and you gentrify the neighborhood and you bring in a cold press juicer and they can’t afford it anymore, then you won’t worry about the Pied Piper finding, you know, Alice.” (The new iteration of Alice, by the way, will be played by Rose Reynolds.)

“[Lady Tremaine] is sort of Regina-prime and she’s trying to figure out a way to scatter these fairy tale characters to the wind so they can’t be together, because as we’ve always seen, when these characters get together, they always figure out how to beat the bad guy,” Goodman adds. “Not giving anything away what*the curse*is, but she’s learning and standing on the backs of these other curses that have come before her to be as effective a villain as possible.”

Watch the Once Upon a Time*season 7*Comic-Con*trailer:

Another facet of this curse is new alter egos for our favorite characters. As spied in theseason 7*trailer, Hook appears to be a cop, while Regina may be a*bartender. “They’re different from the cursed personas we’ve seen before,” Horowitz explains. “While it’s Regina you’ve been with for six seasons, what she is now in Seattle is something different. What it’s allowing us to do is seeing these same characters in a new way. Also, Hook never had a cursed persona, so this allows us to do something we haven’t done before with Hook.”

Adds Kitsis: “And I would say Regina never had a cursed persona, because she was the Queen and the Mayor, but she was always awake.”

However, just because Lady Tremaine is the new big bad, doesn’t necessarily mean she actually cast the new curse. “We said very clearly in the pilot of Once Upon a Time that Regina cast*the curse,” Kitsis says. “What you’ll see this season is we don’t necessarily say that in the premiere.” So, who cast the new curse? Our theory: Henry. Maybe he needed to cast*the curse*to escape the new Enchanted Forest — yup, we said new. More on that soon!

Once Upon a Time returns Friday, Oct. 6 at 8 p.m. ET on ABC.
So I think it's kind of confirmed, Henry, Regina, Hook, & Rumple must disappear together in the new EF and get swept into the curse in Seattle. I'm going to guess when Henry was running in the EF forest during the s6 finale, it was the curse that grabbed him after he sent Lucy away and it had already grabbed the others just before him.

And I think it is very interesting that we can run into non fairytale character interactions with our characters.

Yeah, I also think somebody other than Lady Tremaine cast the curse. I think she would be especially weary of Regina's memory to break though the curse because she would be a threat to her! Also interesting that it is Lucy trying to get the other 4 to believe again.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 07-25-2017 at 11:26 AM
Old 07-25-2017, 01:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Also interesting that it is Lucy trying to get the other 4 to believe again.
I'm guessing Lucy will be like season 1 Henry and she knows what is going on from reading the book. Her book probably contains stories of what happened in the new EF. I'm really curious why Henry doesn't have a cursed name, but the other three characters do. I assume he has cursed memories and won't recognize Regina, Hook, or Rumple when he comes into contact with them in HH.

I'm very interested in the non-fairytale characters interacting with ours as well, although I'm guessing they might all just be guest stars. So far all of the new cast are fairytale based characters.
Old 07-25-2017, 03:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I'm guessing Lucy will be like season 1 Henry and she knows what is going on from reading the book. Her book probably contains stories of what happened in the new EF. I'm really curious why Henry doesn't have a cursed name, but the other three characters do. I assume he has cursed memories and won't recognize Regina, Hook, or Rumple when he comes into contact with them in HH.
I assume Henry doesn't remember but I wonder how much? Clearly, he still remembers his real name is Henry Mills and he might remember his SB family. I wonder if when the curse grabbed him, it was designed with him forgetting that Regina, Rumple, & Hook ever came to help him in the new EF. So he remembers who they are but just believes they are still living out their lives back in SB. Then when he sees them, he could be confused on why they are in Seattle but don't remember him? It sounds like he was definitely cursed to forget his daughter, though. And his wife. Henry might have been cursed 'twiced' in a sense (1) cursed not to remember his wife & daughter and (2) cursed so he remembers his other family but they don't remember him.

Quote:
I'm very interested in the non-fairytale characters interacting with ours as well, although I'm guessing they might all just be guest stars. So far all of the new cast are fairytale based characters.
I am definitely intrigued. And yes, they will probably be guest stars, start out that way, or there could be some recurring characters in the future we haven't met yet but they will cast for.

Old 07-25-2017, 07:57 PM
Master Fan

The reason I think Henry doesn't remember SB either is because I think part of the story will be Lucy trying to convince him that the book is real and these people really are his family. If he sees Regina, Hook, and Rumple and they have no idea who he is, but he remembers them, then he'd probably be able to deduce almost right away that there must be some type of curse involved. I could be totally wrong of course. Maybe it ends up being he and Lucy having to convince everyone else.