Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2017, 11:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry for the DP ... I don't know who else will be around to post but as things come out from SDCC, I'll just edit & add if need be? I know Sherry said she would like to check in for any spoiler updates so here is something to start:

That is a different look for Lana.

ETA: This person is at SDCC and is tweeting live about it:

@TheZachVan is live tweeting, complete with pictures.

I guess so far:

It's been revealed that newcomer, Gabrielle Anwar, is playing Lady Tremaine? Cinderella's wicked stepmother.

Adult Henry meets Cinderella by riding through the new EF on his motorcycle and crashes into her. I guess August taught him to ride & gave him his bike.

Nothing really about Regina yet, just that her good-bye scene with Henry from SB seems to be the opening scenes of the premiere.

Henry felt his story wasn't in SB, he wanted to leave to find it, and when his book was finished at the end of s6, he went to return it to the Sorcerer's Mansion, the library, and found tons of other books without him: ie. French & Italian versions of Snow White etc. Later, after leaving SB, when he gets into trouble, he reaches out to Regina, Hook, & Rumple for help.

I guess there are new characters but A&E confirmed NO alternate versions of Regina|EQ, Hook, or Rumple. So, they are our characters. Happy to hear this because I wanted our Regina back.

New characters:

Mekia Cox is playing Tiana
Rose Reynolds is playing a new version of Alice
Adelaide Kane is playing Drizella (Cinderella's wicked stepsister).

They will be introducing a prominent LGBTQ character - some people are speculating Adelaide Kane's character maybe? Other speculation is maybe the Alice character.

Here is a clip teaser with Regina. She appears to be in a bar and just turns around TheZachVan reported. Some speculation is that maybe she is a bartender but it is just speculation, not confirmed. Somebody on the spoiler board paralleled this to Robin Hood - he owned a tavern, and may be Regina now owns a bar? It would be a nod to OQ.

The s6 gag reel is funny - it's got one with Sean, Lana, & Ginny and another funny one with Lana holding Zelena's baby as the EQ. The baby farted.

Promotional video for s7:

Icon by: Suz (Madame Regal)

Last edited by GrhmLz; 07-22-2017 at 06:40 PM
Old 07-22-2017, 01:25 PM
Ultimate Fan

Thank you so much!!! The WiFi at the hotel where I am staying is horrible and I can't even get most of the spoiler blogs I read to load, so I appreciate this so much Heather!

So Regina might be a bartender or own a bar? She looks a little overdressed for a bartender, so I'm thinking maybe she owns the bar. That's a drastically different personality from Regina. Maybe her bar is where the local cops hang out.

If Regina, Hook, and Rumple are all in the new EF with Henry with the curse happens, then that explains why the others are not with them in Seattle, but it doesn't explain the non-aging unless the curse happens shortly after Henry arrives in the new EF.

Both Lana at the panel and the new Regina look great! I love that new Regina has curly hair!

I'll have to watch the gag reel when I get home. I can't get any videos to play here.
Old 07-22-2017, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome. Glad you were able to stop in.

Yeah, I am still trying to get a grasp on the time line of events because that is still somewhat of a mystery. When exactly the curse was enacted, why only Henry has aged, and who was cursed first (or at the same time) are all huge question marks. For the time being, I am relieved with the news that we have our Regina back.

Yeah, the bartender|bar owner theory is all speculation because for all we know, it's just the local hangout that she is visiting. Maybe she is meeting somebody there? A date? Won't put stock into that but we never know.

Old 07-22-2017, 02:57 PM
Master Fan

Lana looks amazing!

It would be cool if Regina was a bartender (a nod to Outlaw Queen)

Hogwarts will always be your HOME

ic: girl under the floor
OG Jason Morgan | Jon & Dany | Jacinda & Henry | Karen & Frank | Bill & Fleur | Teddy & Victoire | Draco & Astoria/Hermione/Harry/Ginny (Draco multishipper)
Old 07-22-2017, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry DP

Old 07-22-2017, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This is interesting ... Lana says in this brief interview that she got excited when she heard their plans for Regina so hopefully we are going to like it too.

https://youtu.be/jO_nG1ep02E

I feel bad - they are a bit tongue tied on how to explain their characters are still the same but a bit different now. Lana likes the casting with Andrew.

In the video below with Gabrielle Anwar, she talks a little bit of how s7 Regina is different & about Jared + Andrew

https://youtu.be/sPaVScUeNyQ

First part of Comic Con:

https://youtu.be/SqQi_E60BGY

Last edited by GrhmLz; 07-23-2017 at 06:15 AM
Old 07-23-2017, 08:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you so much for all the SDCC stuff I will be catching up with everything later

Loving Lana's look her hair straight like that and her outfit is gorgeous

I love that first pic too
Old 07-23-2017, 09:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

No problem; your're welcome. I posted the first part to the Comic Con; here are the other two parts:

Part 2

https://youtu.be/3RDKBeszICQ

Part 3

https://youtu.be/dddkSPIyMhA

Old 07-23-2017, 12:46 PM
Moderator Support Team

aww thank you for all this stuff. i couldnt really check in on comic con much this year since family was around and i was already told that i am on my phone way too much checking stuff hahahaha. so its good that i can check on it now and see if li missed something.

Team Regina - Team Ivy - Team Annaliese & Eve

Lana Maria Parrilla

Old 07-23-2017, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome. Hope you guys can catch up soon then we can discuss.

Okay, so I listened to this brief interview with A&E. I like to take what they say with a grain of salt BUT ... it sounds like this time whoever cast this new curse will be a bit of a mystery. Also, one of the things I was wondering about Hyperion Heights was addressed which is this is a place in the city that is not only relegated to fairytale characters - they can be living & interacting with peoole from our world. That makes it a bit different from Storybrooke where it was all fairytale characters in their own bubble.

Old 07-24-2017, 09:08 AM
Ultimate Fan

So much to catch up on! Thanks for all the news Heather!

I haven't watched everything yet, but the main news I've seen for Regina is that new Regina has curly hair, wears denim, could possibly work in a bar (or maybe not, can't tell from that promo which side of the bar she's standing on), and is very different from mayor Regina. Part of me is really excited about this because I think it could be a good thing for Regina to relax a bit. My only concern is that I need to see a bit of the real Regina under the cursed persona. If she is so drastically different that there is nothing there of our Regina, then even though she is technically still the same person, it might not feel like she is.

Another thing I'm really curious about is what style they are going use for Regina for the new enchanted forest scenes. We know she, Hook, and Rumple are going there to help Henry and normally when they go to the EF, they wear the costumes for that setting. I'm hoping for a new look for Regina in the new EF. She's not evil anymore and this is a new EF where she might not even be the evil queen, so I'd like to see something different. I wonder if Rumple will look like the Dark One there?

Interesting that Hyperion Heights isn't a contained suburb of Seattle, so they'll be mixed in with non-fairytale characters. I've no clue on the timeline and the lack of aging thing still.

I also saw that A&E said we won't know right away who cast the curse and the rules for curse casting might be different for this setting. They've finally just tossed all their own rules from the past 6 seasons out the window! I'm guessing they want us to assume it's Lady Tremaine which means it probably isn't. This reminds me of 3b when everyone assumed Zelena cast the curse and it turned out to be Snow and Zelena just threw in a last minute memory loss potion.

I'm betting Alice is the LGBT character. The OUATiW story doesn't conflict since it's a different version and Alice has no tradtional love interest since in many versions she's a child. I don't think it would be Tiana since Naveen was a big part of her story. Lady Tremaine and daughter (name?) are evil and I think it would be a very bad move to make the LGBT character be someone evil. Of course sometimes these writers don't realize their bad moves until it's too late.

ETA: I read that Emilie is coming back for 7x04 so it's probably safe to assume that is Rumple's centric. I really hope 7x03 is Regina's.

Last edited by sherry02; 07-24-2017 at 10:14 AM
Old 07-24-2017, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry02 (View Post)
So much to catch up on! Thanks for all the news Heather!
No problem.

Quote:
I haven't watched everything yet, but the main news I've seen for Regina is that new Regina has curly hair, wears denim, could possibly work in a bar (or maybe not, can't tell from that promo which side of the bar she's standing on), and is very different from mayor Regina. Part of me is really excited about this because I think it could be a good thing for Regina to relax a bit. My only concern is that I need to see a bit of the real Regina under the cursed persona. If she is so drastically different that there is nothing there of our Regina, then even though she is technically still the same person, it might not feel like she is.
Yes, it appears what Lana & Colin can say about their characters is very limited at best, LOL. One, because Colin stressed they have not gotten that far into the season to know everything [ie. Only filmed 1 episode and 1/2 of the second] and, two, they just aren't allowed to give away anything specific that they do know.

Apart from Regina's shift in physical appearance (ie. Curly hair; denim as opposed to the pant suit look), I think Lana described this Regina as more down to earth, rugged etc. I am going to assume this is part of the cursed personality as opposed to it being a complete shift|evolution of Regina herself. Because, I agree, something new is good but we still want to see the character we have come to know & love. I hope being more laid back doesn't mean she lost her natural sass, lol. That is just trademark Regina.

Sometimes it's a bit confusing because the way Lana, Colin, & Robert talk, they make it sound like their characters could be alternate versions but A&E already said no to that for Regina|EQ, Hook, and Rumple. Robert even went so far as to say in one interview with Colin that it's really for the audience to decide whether they are the same characters or not. Maybe he means that more metaphorically (ie. Character growth) rather than so literally (ie. Different physical people)? Because Henry reaching out for help from his family does give away they are our characters, not alternate strangers.

Quote:
Another thing I'm really curious about is what style they are going use for Regina for the new enchanted forest scenes. We know she, Hook, and Rumple are going there to help Henry and normally when they go to the EF, they wear the costumes for that setting. I'm hoping for a new look for Regina in the new EF. She's not evil anymore and this is a new EF where she might not even be the evil queen, so I'd like to see something different. I wonder if Rumple will look like the Dark One there?
I wouldn't be surprised if they kept the traditional costume of EQ for the EF scenes just to keep the connection to the iconic character Regina was in s1-s6. Similar to the s6 finale where she is redeemed but in her EQ wardrobe. But, Eduardo is gone now and I think he designed the EQ costumes. We never know. They might transition her out of it so that when she travels to another EF realm, she might just appear like somebody from our world now.

Quote:
Interesting that Hyperion Heights isn't a contained suburb of Seattle, so they'll be mixed in with non-fairytale characters. I've no clue on the timeline and the lack of aging thing still.
The timeline is still quite a mystery but some people are proposing that time works differently in the EF realm Henry went to so that he actually aged alot while in our world, in SB, hardly any time passed at all. Therefore, Regina, Hook, & Rumple look the same and are the same age the day young Henry left. Because if Hyperion Heights is fairytale characters + people from our world living together, it would be difficult to explain why they haven't aged.

I am assuming that Henry calls for help when he gets into trouble so Regina, Hook, & Rumple travel to the new EF to help. And from there they get caught up in the curse? These will probably be the new EF flashbacks we will see our characters in to see what lead up to the present day story of Seattle (ie. A&E have said Seattle is present day, EF will be flashbacks).

As it pertains to an open city setting, I think that A&E let it out that Lady Tremaine might be like a land developer who intentionally has been spreading the fairytale characters out among people from our world. In other words, somebody or something, got smart off of the first curse (ie. Storybrooke) because when the fairytale characters were all living together alone under one setting, they eventually came together to figure things out, work together etc. This would make that more difficult.

Quote:
I also saw that A&E said we won't know right away who cast the curse and the rules for curse casting might be different for this setting. They've finally just tossed all their own rules from the past 6 seasons out the window! I'm guessing they want us to assume it's Lady Tremaine which means it probably isn't. This reminds me of 3b when everyone assumed Zelena cast the curse and it turned out to be Snow and Zelena just threw in a last minute memory loss potion.
Yup.

One of my first questions was ... Will Regina still have her magic? So I wonder if some of those rules are different and characters like Regina or Rumple can practice their magic in our world. That is IF they remember they have magic or it hasn't been suppressed by this new curse.

I definitely think Lady Tremaine is involved in whatever happened but I am not convinced yet she cast this curse herself. Gabrielle Anwar, in a brief interview with Lana on who would have the advantage over whom in a hypothetical confrontation (EQ vs. Lady Tremaine), answered EQ because of her magic. So as far as she knows, her character doesn't have magic, which probably means Lady Tremaine is not equipped to cast a curse and wouldn't know the first thing about any rules for it. So, I'm guessing she has somebody helping her? Somebody who knows magic & uses it. We probably have somebody else behind the curtain with their own agenda, allied with Lady Tremaine for mutual benefit, and maybe whoever actually cast the curse and brought new characters into our world is connected to our original characters (ie. Regina, Hook, Rumple, + Henry). I mean, whoever cast it would probably have to have the knowledge that Regina successfully cast a curse as the EQ, bringing EF characters to our world, right? So they emulated it by trying to improve their strategy with it? Just some food for thought.

The rules for curse casting are probably different in so far as whoever cast this new curse probably didn't have to sacrifice the heart of the thing they loved most to enact theirs. Regina cast the Dark Curse - this new curse might be called something else since it didn't create a fake town in our world but literally dropped Fairytale characters into our world.

Quote:
I'm betting Alice is the LGBT character. The OUATiW story doesn't conflict since it's a different version and Alice has no tradtional love interest since in many versions she's a child. I don't think it would be Tiana since Naveen was a big part of her story. Lady Tremaine and daughter (name?) are evil and I think it would be a very bad move to make the LGBT character be someone evil. Of course sometimes these writers don't realize their bad moves until it's too late.
Alice would be my guess as well although I do think it's possible Drizella is too but is just hiding it from her mother, Lady Tremaine, and going along with her agenda which might have included pushing her to be with Henry for whatever reasons [ie. She could have found out about Henry's author power etc].

Quote:
ETA: I read that Emilie is coming back for 7x04 so it's probably safe to assume that is Rumple's centric. I really hope 7x03 is Regina's.
I read the news. I thought it made it very likely that 7x03 will explore Regina.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 07-24-2017 at 01:06 PM
Old 07-24-2017, 01:18 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Apart from Regina's shift in physical appearance (ie. Curly hair; denim as opposed to the pant suit look), I think Lana described this Regina as more down to earth, rugged etc. I am going to assume this is part of the cursed personality as opposed to it being a complete shift|evolution of Regina herself. Because, I agree, something new is good but we still want to see the character we have come to know & love. I hope being more laid back doesn't mean she lost her natural sass, lol. That is just trademark Regina.
I can't imagine Regina without her sass. We definitely need that part of her personality to still be there.

Quote:
Because Henry reaching out for help from his family does give away they are our characters, not alternate strangers.
Right, they have to be Henry's family. This also means we should still get to see our Regina that we know and love in the flashbacks since it seems those are pre-curse.

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if they kept the traditional costume of EQ for the EF scenes just to keep the connection to the iconic character Regina was in s1-s6. Similar to the s6 finale where she is redeemed but in her EQ wardrobe. But, Eduardo is gone now and I think he designed the EQ costumes. We never know. They might transition her out of it so that when she travels to another EF realm, she might just appear like somebody from our world now.
The fact that Lana keeps talking about "no more pantsuits" makes me think they won't be wearing their SB clothing. I'm guessing either she'll be dressed as the EQ or at least in a style you would expect to see in the EF. You are right though that she was still dressed as the EQ in the finale, even though she's not evil anymore. Plus they probably want to re-use some old costumes if budget is an issue. I was just hoping for something new, but that might not be realistic.

Quote:
The timeline is still quite a mystery but some people are proposing that time works differently in the EF realm Henry went to so that he actually aged alot while in our world, in SB, hardly any time passed at all. Therefore, Regina, Hook, & Rumple look the same and are the same age the day young Henry left. Because if Hyperion Heights is fairytale characters + people from our world living together, it would be difficult to explain why they haven't aged.
Oh that's an interesting explanation. That would work.

Quote:
As it pertains to an open city setting, I think that A&E let it out that Lady Tremaine might be like a land developer who intentionally has been spreading the fairytale characters out among people from our world. In other words, somebody or something, got smart off of the first curse (ie. Storybrooke) because when the fairytale characters were all living together alone under one setting, they eventually came together to figure things out, work together etc. This would make that more difficult.
I saw that. I wasn't sure if they meant it literally or not about the land developer. I was kind of assuming she would be someone at the top of the chain of the criminal justice system, but maybe not.

Quote:
One of my first questions was ... Will Regina still have her magic? So I wonder if some of those rules are different and characters like Regina or Rumple can practice their magic in our world. That is IF they remember they have magic or it hasn't been suppressed by this new curse.
I think I saw an interview that said no magic in the new setting. I've watched so many interviews today, I don't have the source on that, but I know I heard it. I would assume she might still have her magic in the new EF flashbacks though.

Quote:
I definitely think Lady Tremaine is involved in whatever happened but I am not convinced yet she cast this curse herself. Gabrielle Anwar, in a brief interview with Lana on who would have the advantage over whom in a hypothetical confrontation (EQ vs. Lady Tremaine), answered EQ because of her magic. So as far as she knows, her character doesn't have magic, which probably means Lady Tremaine is not equipped to cast a curse and wouldn't know the first thing about any rules for it. So, I'm guessing she has somebody helping her? Somebody who knows magic & uses it. We probably have somebody else behind the curtain with their own agenda, allied with Lady Tremaine for mutual benefit, and maybe whoever actually cast the curse and brought new characters into our world is connected to our original characters (ie. Regina, Hook, Rumple, + Henry). I mean, whoever cast it would probably have to have the knowledge that Regina successfully cast a curse as the EQ, bringing EF characters to our world, right? So they emulated it by trying to improve their strategy with it? Just some food for thought.
True. Maybe there is another villain we don't know about yet. Are we sure the Black Fairy is dead?

Quote:
Alice would be my guess too although I do think it's possible Drizella is too but is hiding it from her mother, Lady Tremaine, and going along with her agenda which might have included pushing her to be with Henry for whatever reasons [ie. She could have found out about Henry's author power etc].
Maybe it's both Alice and Drizella? The actresses are close enough in age for them to be paired up eventually. I assume whoever the character is will have a love interest.

If they are doing a centric for Regina, who is going to be in it? Henry has already left SB. Zelena maybe? All of the other mains ended the season with a marriage to their true love and a young child (maybe a CS child too if rumors are correct). Regina doesn't really have anyone left in SB except Zelena who might not have a romantic true love, but has Robin's baby! I'm not bitter about that at all. Not at all.
Old 07-24-2017, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

You are all so awesome keeping us updated on the latest CC stuff!

I still need to catch up with it all
Old 07-24-2017, 02:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry02 (View Post)
Right, they have to be Henry's family. This also means we should still get to see our Regina that we know and love in the flashbacks since it seems those are pre-curse.
Yes, I would imagine that we would see 'SB' Regina in the flashbacks since it would be pre-curse. Especially if hardly any time has passed for her - she could not have evolved and changed that much on a personal level. Although, if we are to assume Henry left home at legal age, 18, and s6 ended at approximately age 14 for Henry (ie. As the BF referenced his age in the s6 finale), there is about a four year gap in between for Regina we know nothing about. What could have changed for her during that time?

Quote:
I think I saw an interview that said no magic in the new setting. I've watched so many interviews today, I don't have the source on that, but I know I heard it. I would assume she might still have her magic in the new EF flashbacks though.
Okay. Well, SB started out without magic as well, so I suppose that could eventually change in the future. Especially after the curse breaks. I really wouldn't expect cursed Regina or cursed Rumple to have their magic anyway. That would be a threat to whomever is behind the curse.

Quote:
True. Maybe there is another villain we don't know about yet. Are we sure the Black Fairy is dead?
Not going to lie, Black Fairy crossed my mind. Or it could be a new alternate version of her?

But even if not her, I do suspect Lady Tremaine is probably not the only threat. She probably struck some kind of deal to further her own agenda but somebody else might have an even bigger one. Lady Tremaine was probably used. I realize that is kind of similar to the Rumple|Regina set up but maybe it will have a different spin on what it's all ultimately about.

Quote:
If they are doing a centric for Regina, who is going to be in it? Henry has already left SB. Zelena maybe? All of the other mains ended the season with a marriage to their true love and a young child (maybe a CS child too if rumors are correct). Regina doesn't really have anyone left in SB except Zelena who might not have a romantic true love, but has Robin's baby! I'm not bitter about that at all. Not at all.
Yeah, I thought about that too. Like I said, I know there's probably about a four year time gap in between s6 and when Henry likely left but it's true that the rest of the characters have intimate relationships with partners|children|potential children. I don't know what they would explore with a single Regina, living alone in SB in a flashback after Henry left. So far, no announcement for Bex making a guest appearance and 7x03 is right around the filming corner before 7x04 and Emilie has already been announced.

Yeah, the baby HE|HB for Zelena triggers me because if Robin was going to be obliterated like that, Regina should have had the baby which would have given her another immediate relationship beyond Henry.

I suppose she'll be shown to interact with Rumple or Hook? Maybe she receives Henry's SOS first and goes around to the others? Lets just hope she is getting a centric and the explanation of getting to where she is does not get divided up in Hook or Rumple's centric.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 07-24-2017 at 02:27 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread