Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2017, 07:49 AM
Supreme Fan

I saw another another article saying they would leave the door open for her to return, so I'm assuming Emma's not dying as in actually dead.

Quote:
In the event that Once Upon a Time earns a Season 7 — it currently ranks fifth in the demo among ABC dramas (behind Grey’s Anatomy, Scandal, Designated Survivorand HTGAWM), and eighth in total audience — the door is open for Morrison to reprise her role as needed, if she desires. (x)
I didn't watch The Vampire Diaries, but just through media coverage, I believe they put a main female lead in some type of comatose state for while and then brought her back for the series finale. They might do something like that, assuming season 7 is the final season. Although I can't think of what they would do with Hook for the rest of the season.

At this point I am expecting either a cancellation or a half season of 10-12 episodes with American Idol getting Once's time slot in the spring.
Old 05-08-2017, 08:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, it wouldn't be the same show but I think that's the idea. The reset is setting up something new that's not about EQ & Emma or EQ & the Charmings and at this point we don't even know what they'd be doing with Regina if Lana is definitely back. Same with any other current regular who returns.

Lol, I do have to say, though, and just my opinion - what crappy timing for the news to break. I mean, I don't watch the show for Emma, and certainly not CS, but to break this news just after the CS fans got the HE they wanted? I mean, what a downer. Especially when the finale is right around the corner unless it's to prepare viewers in advance? We have no idea how they'd 'end' Emma's story or what they'll do in a one episode stint. JMo doesn't have to return, obviously, so that can very well be the end for her. Even if they kept the offer open.

They do make it sound like a s7 is on the table, with the offer in place, but I have no idea how many episodes. I wish we would know ahead of time if this s7 would be the final season so the writers can plan accordingly. I also wonder if a renewal is contingent on who agrees to come back?

Now I really question what they plan to do with Henry if Jared is gone - do they plan to write him leaving somehow with Emma?

Icon by: Suz (Madame Regal)

Last edited by GrhmLz; 05-08-2017 at 08:14 AM
Old 05-08-2017, 08:21 AM
Moderator Support Team

yep it was definitely a downer but i saw other people cheering on the timing too.

i just dont know what they want to do with jmo out, josh and ginny out and jared out

I mean i am all for a lana spin off dont get me wrong. but i learned that spin offs are never what they should be. see greys anatomy and private practice

Team Regina - Team Ivy - Team Annaliese & Eve

Lana Maria Parrilla

Old 05-08-2017, 08:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow. I haven't come across cheering yet but I have seen some Emma|CS fans now wishing cancellation upon the show when they weren't before. I never wish a cancellation, I'll explain why I think a show could be cancelled with bad writing and why I won't watch. Which doesn't make me happy because I always lament what could have been. And I actually don't blame Emma fans for not wanting to watch a s7 if their favorite character is gone. I'll be the first to admit I won't be watching if Lana is out, lol.

I get what you mean by spin off ideas, Suz. In theory they sound good but rarely do expectations get met. That can be the case for Regina in a s7, we just don't know how things will go.

Old 05-08-2017, 08:58 AM
Supreme Fan

I've made no secret that I'm not an Emma fan, but I'm not cheering because this is bad news for the show and I still want another season if Lana is on board. If Lana is not back, then I won't watch, but I won't hope for cancellation because people's jobs are at stake and there are still people who will enjoy the show without certain characters.

I can see why CS fans might want the show to end here though. They could go out on a high note right now. If the show is renewed and Colin stays, then the CS happy ending might not be so happy after all. I can understand why that would worry them.

If Henry leaves with Emma that would be about the most anti-adoption message ever and they might even manage to lose most of the evil regals that way. Heck they might lose Lana that way. I think if Jared is leaving, Henry is suddenly 30 and being played by Andrew West.

Maybe if Emilie stays they could finally give Belle a storyline. Beauty and the Beast is huge right now.

Now would be a good time for ABC to start making some announcements before the rumor mill gets completely crazy.
Old 05-08-2017, 09:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I absolutely get why CS fans would be worried with a s7. Obviously, depending on what the writing does, Hook won't be with Emma if Colin returns. I read he still has another year on his contract. He came in a season after the other regulars. Probably why there hasn't been much word on him; his return isn't so much a matter of choice as it is him remaining because of a renewal.

I mean, I guess there is a chance that a s7 will be a reset that tells a story about an AU reality, a new book. Then Hook can exist in that universe without an Emma while in our 'book|reality' they live together with their HE. These 2 new characters can come from an AU for all we know. In this event, yeah, our Regina being a major death in the finale is still a probability, just like Rumple or anybody else, because their characters can still exist in another reality; inside a new story|new book. Even if Emma were to die, she can also appear in a 1 episode stint as an AU Emma.

But if s7 is NOT about an AU ...

Some things are now puzzling to me. I know we have been speculating Rumple as a major death but in a recent deadline article about JMo departing, they make it sound like Lana AND Robert are locked in to come back. If so, how could Rumple die? That wouldn't make sense which means I'm back to Regina dying and they bring back her double for s7 OR ... would they really kill Emma? Up until now, I said hell no, but news of negotiations broke earlier this year while they were still filming and I expect A&E|the network knew her decision in advance. They waited to release it. In this unlikely event, Emma's death, I go back to my earlier theory that an older Henry, played by West, is a cynical recluse after losing somebody very close to him in the final battle. I proposed one of his moms - Emma?

Josh & Ginny also talked in their interview that the stakes are higher to break the curse this time around, whereas in s1 it was true love's kiss between mother & son. I think it's got to be a sacrifice to break it, somebody's life. What would be bigger?

Last edited by GrhmLz; 05-08-2017 at 09:44 AM
Old 05-08-2017, 09:44 AM
Moderator Support Team

right now i can actually see emma dying. BUT i dnt think Jmo would have posted her leaving if emma would be the character death. they wouldnt spoil it that far

would they?

but i agree they should finally clear up some rumours and all that because its getting confusing and really how long should it still be til we find out if we are getting a season 7

but i do agree... if a season 7 is happening then belle could finally get a storyline. with at least 3 to 4 characters our of the story they could do a lot wiht the others

Lana Maria Parrilla

Old 05-08-2017, 10:00 AM
Supreme Fan

If next season is an AU then literally anything would be possible, but it would also mean throwing away all the character development of the last 6 seasons so I'll be surprised if it happens that way.

Even with the news of JMo leaving, I still have a difficult time believing they'd really kill Emma, especially since they want to leave the door open for JMo to return if she wanted to. I think it's more likely her fate is somehow unknown. I'm just not sure how they would do it. If Colin is leaving, then it's simple enough - they just sail away on the Jolly Roger, although that would be weird for Emma to leave Henry. I don't know.

If Robert Carlyle is staying, then maybe Rumple himself doesn't actually die, but the Dark One curse dies? Maybe Zelena dies? Or back to the previous idea that Regina dies and Lana returns as the Queen? If Emma were to be missing or comatose and Regina died, that could definitely traumatize Henry enough for him to be this cynical recluse they've been talking about. That still leaves the aging up issue with other characters though, unless Henry has been spending time in the Dark Realm.

Renewals and cancellations are expected to be announced before the end of the week, but even if the show is renewed, we still may not know who is leaving right away.
Old 05-08-2017, 10:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Regal (View Post)
right now i can actually see emma dying. BUT i dnt think Jmo would have posted her leaving if emma would be the character death. they wouldnt spoil it that far

would they?
On one hand, it seems ridiculous they would spoil it by breaking the news now but on the other hand, was it done to prepare viewers as to why they see her death in the finale? Because JMo herself wanted out? I think they know such a death would upset people very much and Jen made it a point to stress that A&E + the network very generously offered for her to come back as a series regular. It would put the word out that killing off the character wasn't originally planned.

But your guess is as good as mine.

Sherry, even with an offer to return, I think it sounds more like a courtesy rather than an expectation because they know JMo plans to move on with her career and they could always show Emma how they've shown Neal. Maybe she appears to adult Henry to help guide him?

The thing about an AU possibilty is, they've said s6 finale is like a close to the first 6 seasons. So, a reset might not even account for prior character development? Who knows. Just throwing ideas out there.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 05-08-2017 at 10:07 AM
Old 05-08-2017, 10:07 AM
Moderator Support Team

well the end of the week huh? then its not as long anymore

and yes I guess no one really knows what the writers would do and why they would do it.

i just dont know what they want to do in season 7 but i guess we just have to wait and see

Lana Maria Parrilla

Old 05-08-2017, 10:21 AM
Supreme Fan

Yeah it could be that JMo wanted to prepare her fans for her departure, however it's happening. But if the show is getting cancelled anyway, her announcement would be unnecessary. I don't know when the actors find these things out.

There are so many possibilities at this point. With American Idol starting up in March though, I think another full season of Once is unlikely, which means they will have limited time to do whatever it is they want to do.

Heather, I don't know anything about which media sites are legit and which are not. Did you say you read about RC on Deadline? That is considered a reputable site?
Old 05-08-2017, 10:35 AM
Moderator Support Team

hmm half a season sounds more than likely if they renew it. i just hope they end it well and give EVERYONE a happy ending

Lana Maria Parrilla

Old 05-08-2017, 01:12 PM
Supreme Fan

Not official, but Matt Mitovich said on AskAusielloLive that Jmo, Ginny, Josh, Jared, and Emilie are all out for next season. He didn't seem to know about Bobby. We knew some of those, but I'm especially disappointed to hear about Jared if that is true. Sometimes it's not clear how much they actually know and how much is assumption.
Old 05-08-2017, 01:17 PM
Moderator Support Team

if this is true then i really dont want them to go on. it would mean regal believer iwthout henry.. rumpbelle without belle.. and no snowing.. thats just ... not once anymore - I love Lana and all but then i rather would i want her to move on to another show

Lana Maria Parrilla

Old 05-08-2017, 01:22 PM
Supreme Fan

Sadly I have to agree. Belle is not a big deal for me, she's not on that much anyway, but Regina without Henry? Regina would literally have no relationships left for me to care about.

ETA: He also said the majority of the renewal and cancellation info will come out on Thursday and Friday.