Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-11-2017, 06:43 PM
Loyal Fan

The earlier rumor that said Jared is not coming back included Emilie too... but we ll see...hoping she will be back...

I like Bex but Zelena is actually one of the few characters I would not mind that much losing but since there are so many characters leaving I agree that the more older characters the better...

Also read speculation about the girl being Henry's daughter but I who knows. Some people thinks it starts as season 1 with the little girl coming to Henry as Henry came to Emma...
Old 05-11-2017, 07:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenka5 (View Post)
Also read speculation about the girl being Henry's daughter but I who knows. Some people thinks it starts as season 1 with the little girl coming to Henry as Henry came to Emma...
I hope not. If they're going to start a new story, I'd like it to actually be a new story, not a repeat just with different characters. I wonder if we're actually going to know by the end of the episode who they are or we just see them at the very end and their identities are not revealed.
Old 05-12-2017, 02:05 AM
Moderator Support Team

Somseason 7 is a go and bex just posted she wont be back. Another character lost

Rumpbelle fans - screwed
Swanqueen fans - screwed
Wickedqueen fans - screwed
Captainswan fans - screwed
Regalbeliever fans - most likely screwed too

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 05-12-2017, 04:40 AM
Master Fan

I didn't love Zelena, but I will miss Bex. She's a terrific actress who seemed to really love her job.

Heather suggested previously that maybe the next season is an AU and I'm beginning to think she might have been on to something. How else will they explain the absence of all these characters? Maybe it's in the wish realm. Zelena was not in the wish realm. Belle, Snow and Charming are all dead there and Emma "disappeared" (went back to Storybrooke) but no one there knows that except the Queen. The Queen, Rumple, Hook and Henry are all alive there. Hook is old but he could be de-aged by magic. We have a time jump and Andrew is adult cynical King Henry whose family is all dead, he believes killed by the evil queen. So they have to rebuild the regal believer relationship which fits with Lana's hint that the Queen and Henry will see each other again. I still don't think Sean is coming back, so I don't know what happened to Robin. He's probably dead. I don't know how Alison fits in. This also explains the local crews packing up all the storage spaces in Steveston because they won't be using the Storybrooke setting anymore. The show would probably be filmed mostly in studio or in local parks for outdoor settings.

This also allows them to leave in tact the happy endings from this season so they don't piss off the entire audience.
Old 05-12-2017, 05:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I ran across this for Bex ...

Also, in the article about the renewal status, it says they have been renewed for a full 22 episode arc again. Some people were speculating only 13. I guess Netflix is involved with the financial aspect? The article also alluded to there being a significant time jump in s7 which means they'd have to come up with a story to explain how a likely Adult Henry ages but Regina, Rumple, & Hook do not.

An AU is defintely one possibility. Now whether it would be the wishverse or a different AU, I don't know. The other thing, I'm not sure if Henry & the Queen meeting again would have to do with the finale or s7 because I know Lana answered before that they don't know what is happening ahead of time before they get the scripts. So, I find it unlikely, Lana already knows what will happen in s7. I think one exception is they told her a little in advance about Sean leaving in s5 so it wouldn't be a complete shock? Another theory running around is that Alison Fernandez's character, the little girl, is the daughter of Dark OQ. I guess that could maybe work with a time jump.

If there is no AU involved in the s7 narrative, the only thing I can think of is something happens to Regina, Rumple, & Hook to separate them from the others and they somehow stay young through magic. The only theory I can think of for this is they all have one thread in common - being former villains (I suspect by the finale Rumple will choose to do the right thing & lives). Maybe they all share a common 'enemy' because of that and whoever targeted them?

Who knows.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 05-12-2017 at 06:05 AM
Old 05-12-2017, 06:43 AM
Moderator Support Team

But if they are in the w Sh real that would mean that robin would be back

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 05-12-2017, 07:03 AM
Master Fan

Not necessarily. It could mean that, or it could mean that things didn't work out between he and the Queen and they went their separate ways or if there's a time jump, it could mean that they were together for a while and then he died, which wouldn't surprise me at all.

About the rumor of Alison being the daughter of Dark OQ, if that happens, then I guess either she is adopted or the Queen knew a way to reverse her infertility spell. I have to admit I like the idea of Regina having a daughter. Although she's not our Regina. If the Queen is the character Lana is playing, I suspect she will end up being a lot like our Regina though.

It is interesting that all the remaining characters are former villains. If they have been isolated, then I would think the story would be about them trying to get back their happy endings, but the actors playing the characters they are trying to be reunited with have been let go with no guarantee they could get them back, so I don't know how that could be resolved.

I would assume the actors staying at least have a general idea of what season 7 will be about. Hopefully after Sunday, we will too.
Old 05-12-2017, 07:32 AM
Moderator Support Team

True it could mean that and it wouldnt b suprising

I dont think the girl will have to do anything with Regina - we would like that too much lol

Do we know yet if itbis a full season?

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 05-12-2017, 08:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, as nice as it sounds, I don't put too much stock in the speculation of the little girl being connected to Regina through her other half. Besides, even if she was the daughter of Dark OQ, part of her character description is that she comes from a broken home. Which means something definitely happened with her parents: translation, Wish Verse Robin is either dead or left the Queen for Wish Verse Marian or something, lol,

Here is the news about the renewal; I'll highlight where it says 22 episodes:

'Once Upon a Time' Renewed for Season 7 at ABC | Hollywood Reporter

Quote:
Once Upon a Time' Renewed for Season 7 at ABC

The ABC drama's seventh season will be rebooted and built around Lana Parrilla, Robert Carlyle and Colin O’Donoghue, who are confirmed to return.

ABC is starting a new chapter of Once Upon a Time.

The Disney-owned network has renewed the fairy tale drama for a full 22-episode seventh season amid what is said to be a massive cast reboot. Following news that original star Jennifer Morrison will not be returning, fellow leads Ginnifer Goodwin (Snow White) and Josh Dallas (Prince Charming) have also been vocal about their desire to leave the series after its current sixth season.

Meanwhile, co-stars Lana Parrilla (Regina), Robert Carlyle (Mr. Gold) and Colin O'Donoghue (Captain Hook) are confirmed to return after inking new deals with producers ABC Studios. Additional departures are expected to come following Sunday's season finale.

The ABC Studios drama is poised to feature a big time jump next season, which will include The Walking Dead alum Andrew J. West and Jane the Virgin's Alison Fernandez, who will make their debut in the May 14 finale. West is rumored to play an older version of Jared Gilmore's Henry.

The reboot comes as Once remains a valuable property for ABC. The series, whose live viewership has dwindled to a string of series lows in season six, has a massive SVOD deal with Netflix that is said to be in the eight-figure range. As part of the renewal, ABC and ABC Studios have renegotiated to reduce the show's license fee and profit participation, with creators/showrunners Adam Horowitz and Eddy Kitsis both signing off on the deal. Season six of the drama averaged a 1.0 among adults 18-49 and 3.3 million total viewers, growing 60 percent and 42 percent, respectively, with seven days of delayed viewing. The series remains a fan-favorite with a strong presence on social media as well as an important extension of the Disney brand, having featured a number of iconic characters during its run.

'Once Upon a Time' Season 6 Finale Will "End a Few Stories," Showrunners Say
"There are set endpoints to different stories," Horowitz recently told reporters, including THR, of what's to come in the May 14 season finale. "But that doesn’t mean there aren’t new stories for different characters. I think that by the end of the season finale, a lot of what we’ve been doing for the last six years is wrapped up — we hope in a very satisfying way — and then we move forward in a way that at the end of it, hopefully you’ll see what we’re hoping to do in season seven."

Added Kitsis: "We understand that this could be the last year. We feel like we’ve completed this story, and the next chapter of Once Upon a Time will be completely different. … Creatively, it's time to end a few stories."

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 05-12-2017, 08:40 AM
Moderator Support Team

That is in fact surprising since i dont know if the show can really go on for 22 eps with only 3 of the original cast but we will have to see

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 05-12-2017, 09:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, I think it will all depend on how they handle the new story. I mean, we have Lana, Robert, & Colin for sure + the characters of Andrew West and Alison Fernandez as likely series regulars. That is a total of five and I don't think they should really go many more beyond that. I did notice that too many regulars does effect the time allotted for character development and writing quality suffers. When the show first began we had Lana, JMo, Ginny, Josh, Jared + Robert as regulars. That was 6 total, only one more than what we would have now. I think the balance was better eatlier on but then they started adding on more series regulars like Emilie, then Colin, Michael Raymond-James, Michael Socha, Sean and Bex. Look at what happened as a result, most of these characters were either pushed to the background, barely used, or killed off, even the actress who played Ruby left regular status and just guest starred later. Their connections to the other main characters suffered in the writing as well. So I hope the writers can maybe learn from past mistakes. Sometimes less is more and guest starring is more productive for some stories. We got that for s1 with some stories surrounding the mains: Archie, Ruby, Cinderella etc. The other direction I hope they switch up is the half arc approach. I think that resulted in some potential plots not being fully fleshed out and they felt rushed as a result. But I do think 22 episodes provides more room to devlop a new story better as opposed to only 13, IF they just do it, lol.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 05-12-2017 at 10:07 AM
Old 05-12-2017, 09:58 AM
Master Fan

So character death in the finale since we now know it's not Rumple...Zelena? I think the Black Fairy is an obvious one and they might just be talking about her. I don't think they'd kill off Belle, Snow, or Charming because they're Disney characters. Henry is a kid so he's not dying. I don't believe this show is dark enough to kill off it's main heroine so whatever is happening to Emma, I don't think it's death. We know Regina, Hook, and Rumple are around for next season.

I'm interested to see if the show will stay in it's same time slot. I think we'll know that next week after upfronts.

I agree that they don't need to add any more regulars since they're already bringing on Andrew and Alison. The focus is better with a smaller cast.

Last edited by sherry02; 05-12-2017 at 10:09 AM
Old 05-12-2017, 10:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I don't think they're killing off Emma. I think there was filming of Emma & Hook riding off in the Bug together. Probably part of an ending montage.

I am stumped about the death with Bobby coming back. It could be Zelena. Or I'm back to Regina since she has her double they still can use. But if s7 is going to be an AU of some sort, it might not matter and can be anyone if Lana, Robert, Colin end up playing their characters AU counterparts. And it doesn't have to be Wish Realm.

Old 05-12-2017, 10:16 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
But if s7 is going to be an AU of some sort, it might not matter and can be anyone if Lana, Robert, Colin end up playing their characters AU counterparts. And it doesn't have to be Wish Realm.
Good point. If next season is AU then what happens this season is pretty much irrelevant to next season.

ETA: Emilie and Jared are gone too. This is getting so sad.
Once Upon a Time: Ginnifer Goodwin, Josh Dallas, Emilie de Ravin and Jared Gilmore exit

Last edited by sherry02; 05-12-2017 at 12:42 PM
Old 05-12-2017, 01:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I just read the news. Makes me hope more that Andrew West is now playing adult Henry so we are not completely disconnected from Henry's character.

If they are not doing an AU, part of me wonders if with the time jump, Andrew & Alison's character will be present day, and current time line now with s6, will become the flashbacks? Maybe Regina, Hook, and Rumple tie into story that leads to the time jump with the 2 new characters, after the final battle?

Still don't know how they' ll explain the others gone although, I think Snowing will be the easiest to explain settling down somewhere with a HE to raise Neal together.

ETA:

Saw this ...

lparrilla Congratulations #OnceUponATime on a S7 pickup! I'm so excited to be a part of a show that has inspired so many people and look forward to creating new stories for all to enjoy!
It's been an incredible 6 years working with such a talented cast and crew! I will miss those who will not be joining us in the next chapter and wish them the upmost success on all their future endeavours!
Cheers to Season 7!! See you again soon! #LongLiveTheQueen ������
Love -
Lana ������

I'm glad that Lana is happy about it.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 05-12-2017 at 02:03 PM