Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2017, 11:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The only other thing could be that Zelena is just being used as the catalyst to introduce older Robyn into the show. Then Zelena will depart after her guest arc but I find it hard to believe since they love Zelena so much.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 11-25-2017, 12:42 PM
Master Fan

They do love Zelena so I'm expecting her to be in a lot of the second half. At least the actress who plays Robyn works on another show too, so she probably doesn't have time to film for every episode, but I do expect she'll be onscreen a lot, especially if she turns out to be Alice's love interest.
Old 11-26-2017, 08:42 AM
Moderator Support Team

Which i still dont understand. I meqn there is a difference etween lovinh bex an dloving zelena. I mean i do t even love to hate zelena which i normally do with other villains but thats just because the story is so fu d up that i just cant forget about it. I wish the marlena arc had never happened

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 11-26-2017, 02:42 PM
Master Fan

I loved to hate Zelena in 3B. I was happy she was coming back in season 4 until I saw how messed up it was going to be. Plus it became clear in season 5 that Robin wasn't anything more than a prop in the Regina/Zelena story.
Old 11-26-2017, 04:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought Zelena was a great introduction as a villain in s3. I will even go so far to say that I originally resented it when I thought they killed her off at the end of the season. Mostly because Regina had nobody from her own family and I figured maybe at some point they could work it out as sisters. Never would I have imagined regretting those thoughts, lol. The Regina|Zelena sister dynamic I rooted for in S3 morphed into something that apalled me in s5. This is just my thoughts, but I feel favoritism kept Zelena around over Robin Hood.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 11-26-2017, 05:29 PM
Master Fan

I don't know if it was favoritism or not, but they definitely like writing for Zelena since they are bringing her back a third time. They never even tried with Robin and I have no idea why.
Old 11-26-2017, 06:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's just my gut feeling because A&E love Bex. She got to keep her job. There's always some type of 'politics' even in business. Sean was clearly not expecting to be let go like he was. The tone of his exit interviews was quite frank & honest.

Old 11-26-2017, 06:48 PM
Master Fan

That could be. I remember A&E saying they wrote the role with Bex in mind since they knew her from Lost. They had no such connection with Sean as far as I know.

I will say that I think Bex is great in the wicked witch role, it's just the storyline that was bad. It ruined Regina's stories with both Robin and Zelena, but it ruined Zelena's more for me. With OQ, I only resented the story, but not Robin himself. With Zelena, I resented both the storyline and the character.
Old 11-26-2017, 06:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I got a bit irritated with Robin's writing in 5b because everything revolved around the baby and co-parenting with Zelena while Regina tagged along but other than that I never resented Robin. It is a shame because Bex does play the Wicked Witch well. But now I get irritated with the character.

Old 11-26-2017, 07:20 PM
Master Fan

The only thing that really bothered me about Robin was how quickly he went back to "Marian" in NY after repeatedly insisting to Regina in SB that he couldn't just fall back in love with Marian, not even to save her from the freezing curse. He even told Rumple in NY that Marian felt like a stranger to him and then 5 minutes later he was saying he wanted to be with her and they could be each other's happy endings again. It made no sense. I realize the writers bent the character to their will to serve the "shocking plot twist", so I blame them, not him. I also think if he'd been given the chance to express some feelings about what happened to him, it would have made him seem less passive about the entire thing. Instead I had to imagine how he felt because he wasn't given a voice.

I am always irritated with Zelena because of Robin and that can't be fixed now, so I just have to try to tolerate her for the sake of not feeling resentful all the time.
Old 11-27-2017, 08:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, that was another thing that really made no sense. And it's not like we really got to see him struggling with his decision to let Regina go and moving on with Marian for the sake of his family. It was definitely plot contrivance and I think what helps to relieve some of the resentment towards Robin Hood in the end of that is that he was the one being manipulated|deceived|used by Zelena. But the aftermath was certainly handled poorly. This plot took us & OQ into pure daytime soap opera territory.

I could have done without the added Robin Hood & Zelena undertones with him being in the delivery room and all that other stuff that usually comes with actual couples. It all left a bad taste in my mouth.

Old 11-27-2017, 08:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, that was another thing that really made no sense. And it's not like we really got to see him struggling with his decision to let Regina go and moving on with Marian for the sake of his family. It was definitely plot contrivance and I think what helps to relieve some of the resentment towards Robin Hood in the end of that is that he was the one being manipulated|deceived|used by Zelena. But the aftermath was certainly handled poorly. This plot took us & OQ into pure daytime soap opera territory.

I could have done without the added Robin Hood & Zelena undertones with him being in the delivery room and all that other stuff that usually comes with actual couples. It all left a bad taste in my mouth.

Old 11-27-2017, 02:21 PM
Master Fan

Everything about that story was handled badly.
Old 11-27-2017, 06:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Exactly. The only time I enjoyed Zelena was in s3. As a villain.

Old 11-28-2017, 08:07 AM
Master Fan

I could have liked her in season 4 if she hadn't taken things as far as she did pretending to be Marian. I read a canon divergent fic where after they get to NY, Zelena puts him under a sleeping curse and there is no sex or baby. I would have been okay with that.