Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-18-2017, 12:50 PM
Moderator Support Team

I am sure she will. Otherwise their story would be over

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 10-18-2017, 06:39 PM
Master Fan

I'm guessing Roni owns the building, so she can't raise her rent or anything like that. She could try to get her shut down. Get her liquor license revoked? Bribe a health inspector? I wonder if she would resort to physical intimidation. She might have thugs who work for her.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, unless she has any kind of personal information on Roni she can try and use to blackmail her with?

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:47 AM
Master Fan

That could be. Roni might have some skeletons in her closet.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

At this point, I will take something of interest.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 10-19-2017, 06:23 PM
Master Fan

Same. And if she has skeletons in her closet, then there's a story.
Old 10-22-2017, 08:17 AM
Moderator Support Team

well i cant wait to see what happens

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 10-22-2017, 04:36 PM
Master Fan

I asked you all a while back what you wanted to see for Regina this season and I had a rather long list with specific hopes. I'm taking it back. So far Regina is the community therapist and considering the ratings aren't good, I feel certain this is the last season. So now I want two things. I want Regina to live in the same place as Henry, Jacinda, and Lucy so that she can be part of their lives and be a grandmother to Lucy. And I want Regina to have someone she loves and who loves her back to spend her life with. I'm no longer feeling picky about who it is or how well developed the story is or isn't. If it's as rushed as 3b OQ I can deal with that, as long as she gets to be happy.
Old 10-23-2017, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

We don't know that much about Roni yet and yes we need a focus episode on her so we can see what happened before we met her
Old 10-23-2017, 07:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry02 (View Post)
I asked you all a while back what you wanted to see for Regina this season and I had a rather long list with specific hopes. I'm taking it back. So far Regina is the community therapist and considering the ratings aren't good, I feel certain this is the last season. So now I want two things. I want Regina to live in the same place as Henry, Jacinda, and Lucy so that she can be part of their lives and be a grandmother to Lucy. And I want Regina to have someone she loves and who loves her back to spend her life with. I'm no longer feeling picky about who it is or how well developed the story is or isn't. If it's as rushed as 3b OQ I can deal with that, as long as she gets to be happy.
I have to say I'm with you. I will still see the season out and hope for the best with a centric (ie. IF we are indeed getting one) but I don't have the same hopes as when the season first started. True, we are only on episode 3, but there is no foundation at all laid to give Regina|Roni a personal story arc of her own moving forward like for the others. I find that telling but not in a good way. Hook 2.0 already has one with the search for his daughter and while Weaver|Rumple has had limited scenes, they still introduced a foundation for him with the Alice character. Regina seems like she's merely a supporting character there to be Henry's mother and to be the local 'Granny' in the form of a bar keep. Nothing really new for her at all that matters to the ongoing story. Yes, she has stood up to Victoria once, but that is not unique to her, others are doing it too.

At this point, I agree. Give me scenes with her family - Henry, Jacinda, and Lucy. Introduce somebody for her so that even if we don't get enough development onscreen, it can be implied in a finale conclusion. I also suspect s7 is the last - ratings went down.

Old 10-24-2017, 07:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Unfortunately I feel you both may be right with this season being the last.

We need a Roni/Regina centric episode asap so lay down something of a developing story arc this season. So far as you said she is supporting others stories not finding her own.

For this season I need Regina to live close to her family Henry, Jacinda and Lucy. I would love to see her be a grandmother to Lucy, we already know what a wonderful mother she has been to Henry.

I would also love for her to find some happiness in her love life too she has been alone far too long she deserves some happiness
Old 10-24-2017, 08:55 AM
Master Fan

I will keep watching and hoping that at some point they will write for Regina and that it will be something I enjoy, but my initial excitement from the start of season is fading quickly. The main reason I wanted a season 7 was because I wasn't ready to let go of Regina but it's starting to feel like they've already pushed her halfway out the door.
Old 10-24-2017, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Emma, I really want to see Regina being a grandmother too. And I'm sad because, so far, it seems like the show hasn't even bothered to acknowledge Regina|Roni as one. Lucy is supposed to remember the truth but hasn't been shown to give any interest that acknowledges her even though she remembers Henry as her dad. She only mentioned the EQ in passing from her book when the story about young Henry going into the mines was brought up. Yet, they have had Lucy reference Victoria as 'grandma' more than once in spite of that relationship being strained.

This is just my opinion but I think they made a mistake not getting into Regina, Rumple, & Hook's centrics first. Hook got his by 7x02 because they needed to explain Emma's absence but lets be honest. The majority of the audience sticking around did it for the familiarity of the returning cast members. We needed their stories planted right away instead of the forceful push with all the Cinderella|Jacinda story in every single episode thus far. That could have slowly been incorporated too but they needed to establish strong ties with our returning 3 + Henry. But this hasn't been the case.

I feel this is too long to wait for a Regina centric. We are just getting to Rumple this week. So, I agree, Sherry, I think it looks like they have written her out the door and the character's popularity was just being used to string viewers along for the new characters.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 10-24-2017 at 12:15 PM
Old 10-24-2017, 06:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
This is just my opinion but I think they made a mistake not getting into Regina, Rumple, & Hook's centrics first. Hook got his by 7x02 because they needed to explain Emma's absence but lets be honest. The majority of the audience sticking around did it for the familiarity of the returning cast members. We needed their stories planted right away instead of the forceful push with all the Cinderella|Jacinda story in every single episode thus far. That could have slowly been incorporated too but they needed to establish strong ties with our returning 3 + Henry. But this hasn't been the case.
Completely agree. Most of the returning viewers (which is the majority of the audience, shows in 7th season don't get lots of new viewers) are here for Regina, Hook, and Rumple. I think the first 2 eps worked. They set up the new location, set up Henry and Cinderella, and then went into Hook's centric and wrapped up Emma's story. Eps 3 and 4 should have been Regina and Rumple and then they could start working in centrics for new characters.
Old 10-24-2017, 09:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry02 (View Post)
Completely agree. Most of the returning viewers (which is the majority of the audience, shows in 7th season don't get lots of new viewers) are here for Regina, Hook, and Rumple. I think the first 2 eps worked. They set up the new location, set up Henry and Cinderella, and then went into Hook's centric and wrapped up Emma's story. Eps 3 and 4 should have been Regina and Rumple and then they could start working in centrics for new characters.
I think some other posters|fans were probably right. Our returning characters are just being used to transition the new characters in. That is why they did not get centrics right away because they won't be the focus. This is also likely the real reason why they won't make a new LI central to Regina's story. I think the only exception here is maybe Hook 2.0, who has gotten a new story and quite a bit of scenes, only because he is not the original Hook. They can play around with him. But I still see Regina taking the biggest hit with nothing new established for her at all. It should have been done already because even if they start to do it later, I suspect it will already be too late by then.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 10-24-2017 at 09:54 PM