Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2014, 05:52 AM
Elite Fan

I think my friend finally watched 1X18 last night. (anticipating her phone call/texts soon ) Am slowly converting her to an Evil Regal. She already loves Lana so it'll not be hard to convert her to become a Regina fangirl
Old 07-10-2014, 09:42 AM
Graphics Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Dark_Angel*4eva (View Post)
Yes, it all comes down to her I recently just got my friend to start watching it (currently on 1x17) and she's still wondering why I'm such a big fan of Regina. I told her to keep watching and she'll see. Was so close to spoiling her.
Omg Jade you got your friend into ouat too? so did I.
But yes my friend doesn't like Regina now but I kind of spoiled her and told her some things that happen with Regina later and she was like "oh okay well I'll probably like her then but right now I don't."
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
Old 07-10-2014, 10:06 AM
Obsessed Fan

That's most people's reaction to her. In early S1 she was more the Evil Queen than Regina. The need for revenge was still very very strong in her system, that's why there are people that do not appreciate the character. Although she does make it clear from the very first ep that it was Snow White's fault that she lost everything she loved. Oh well.

I'm trying to get my mother to watch it as well. If she finally starts, I will let you know when she joins the Evil Regal madness!

"I think you've just been hired as one of the writers of OUAT" - Lana Parrilla, Fairytales II Con, Paris, 22/6/2014
Old 07-10-2014, 10:19 AM
Moderator Support Team

I liked Regina from the start. I am always a little more drawn to the flawed characters also more drawn to the "bad" ones. but more often than not, as in this case as well the "bad" ones just turn out to be the ones that havent been saved and have been hurt the most. so yes I liked regina from the very first time she appeared on the screen and only grew to love her more and more with each passing episode.

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 07-10-2014, 10:41 AM
Graphics Team

Same here Suz. But usually I'm drawn to the villains.. but Regina is so much deeper than a one sided villain. She has more depth and her story is truly heartbreaking...

And hehe Liz I hope your mom does.
Old 07-12-2014, 07:54 AM
Moderator Support Team

she surely is. honestly she is the most interesting character on the show. while I enjoy the other chars too its her character i am mostly interested in

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 07-12-2014, 09:19 AM
Graphics Team

Yes of course
Her character is the one who's changed the most.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:46 PM
Graphics Team

Omg I looove this

Old 07-25-2014, 12:05 AM
Moderator Support Team

will watch it when i get home

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 07-25-2014, 01:18 AM
Dedicated Fan

nice video. Thanks for the link.

as fas as I know, some people started to love Regina after they watched 1x18, some started to love her after they watched season 2.

as for me:
in the past, I have never loved a villain. In all movies & TV series, I always loves a hero, not a villain. It's only this time I love a villain: Regina (all version of her, including the Evil Queen). I love Regina so much.

I remember thinking “OMG! This queen is so badass! Her screen presence is so huge! ” when I saw Evil Queen entering snowing wedding hall saying “Sorry I’m late” up to her exiting the hall disappearing in a smoke (season 1, episode 1).

Then I was so surprised & got interested when I watched the Evil Queen has a vulnerable sides when I watched season 1 (episodes 9, 11, 18, 22) . Watching those scenes, I was thinking “oo wow, interesting! this evil queen has a vulnerable side, she is not like the usual villain at all”. Her vulnerable sides was starting to make me fall in love with Regina (all version of Regina, including the Evil Queen).

These are some of vulnerable scenes (that I mentioned in above sentences) that made me starting to fall in love with Regina :

1x09 (her facial expression after hearing Hansel Gretel father said "because we're family, and family always find one another):

1x11 (her facial expression & body language when seeing King Leopold praised Snow & Eva in public):

1x18, all young Regina’s scenes, and this scene (her sad expression when she kissed Daniel's ring):

1x22 (her facial expression & her voice when she said "no matter what you think, no matter what anyone tells you, I do love you". and scene of Regina cried with pillow in her face):
Old 07-25-2014, 01:54 AM
Graphics Team

Omg those scenes Why would you do this to me?
I love every bit of Regina, and I'm glad that she has so many sides to her. She's definitely not a one sided villain, if even a villain really anymore. She has one of the most greatest changes a character can have though. She was a young, sweet, innocent girl... who turned into a hating, vengeful, evil woman - who then started to change again, not just for Henry, but for herself too. She began to see how she was all wrong about the things she's done in the past. How she went about it all the wrong ways..

I honestly, will never get over how incredible this character is. I mean, there's even some of her quotes and such that make you feel inspired, or make you look at things a different way (i.e. "Evil isn't born, it's made", "Evil doesn't always look evil..", "People don't change..." , etc etc)
Old 07-25-2014, 02:31 AM
Dedicated Fan

to lighten up a bit, I'll give you the famous & most talked about "evil queen/spoon chemistry":

Old 07-25-2014, 03:02 AM
Graphics Team

Hahaha I love that scene She makes anything look amazing/adorable.
Old 07-25-2014, 03:48 AM
Loyal Fan

I am personally usually more drawn to villains (but not one dimensional villains), I don't know when she became my absolutely favorite character on the show but I was very intrigued by her since the beginning.

Loved all the vulnerable moments you chose, onceuponatime3... it also was clear from her facial expression when she crushed Graham's heart or betrayed Ginnie, she wasn't indifferent.

The scene with her father when she told him she just wants to be happy and then cried when she killed him or when she said to Maleficent that why would she killed her since she is her only friend also made impression on me.

Not talking it was clear more and more how the season progressed she truly loved her son and was hurt by the things she said to her.

I wonder how much of the vulnerability was already in the script and how much Lana brought.
Old 07-26-2014, 08:01 AM
Graphics Team

HELP! I... can't... breathe... So gorgeous!

[x]