Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-10-2014, 07:26 AM
Loyal Fan

Jacquelyn, I've definitely seen the picture before but I have not idea what is the original source, sorry.

And really Suz, the art is beautiful, I have no idea how to do these things!
Old 09-10-2014, 08:25 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacquelyn (View Post)
Random question... but does anyone know what this pic is from?
I don't think I've ever seen it before, and I can't find it on any Lana websites
I believe it's from Fred's twitter.

Suz that art is gorgeous.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:22 AM
Moderator Support Team

thank you lenka and sanja

and I barely have any idea either

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 09-10-2014, 12:23 PM
Master Fan

I have no idea if i should post this here or in another thread but if it belongs to another (news threads maybe) please repost it there:

Quote:
Valerie Anne ‏@PunkyStarshine
Hey, #SwanQueen/#queerytales fans: I'm chatting w.Lana Parrilla this week about her #FemslashOTP win and more. Send me your #OUAT questions!
https://twitter.com/PunkyStarshine/s...54165623808001
Rupert hardly speaks. You're lucky to get anything out of him these days, he just has a wicked sense of humor and he's very eccentric and very unique in the way that he does things. He's like a big kid. I feel like he'll never grow up, which I love.
Old 09-10-2014, 12:34 PM
Graphics Team

^ Either the news thread or the SQ thread.

And hmm okay I'll go check Fred's twitter and see if it's there.
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
Old 09-10-2014, 01:06 PM
Loyal Fan

OMG, on one hand I am excited for new interview and curious about her opinion, on the other hand this is such an sensitive topic and some SQ shippers are kinda oversensitive (they were mad at her even for things she said in France even though she did not say anything wrong) so I am kind of scared....
Old 09-10-2014, 01:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
^ Either the news thread or the SQ thread.

And hmm okay I'll go check Fred's twitter and see if it's there.
Hopefully i found the right one - https://twitter.com/fred_diblasio/st...65250167492608
Rupert hardly speaks. You're lucky to get anything out of him these days, he just has a wicked sense of humor and he's very eccentric and very unique in the way that he does things. He's like a big kid. I feel like he'll never grow up, which I love.
Old 09-10-2014, 01:43 PM
Graphics Team

^ OMFGGG THANK YOU I love that picture so much!
She's so freakin adorable I'm gonna go cry about how perfect she is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenka5 (View Post)
OMG, on one hand I am excited for new interview and curious about her opinion, on the other hand this is such an sensitive topic and some SQ shippers are kinda oversensitive (they were mad at her even for things she said in France even though she did not say anything wrong) so I am kind of scared....
I'm not saying I'm like super excited about it, since I don't ship SQ But it would be something new of Lana so...
And yeah I agree. I mean, I think it was so wrong for people to get mad at her over what she said, even though she didn't say anything offensive. I just hope things will go well.
Old 09-10-2014, 01:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm afraid of the Swan Queen fans, as a general rule. On the other board I read they said Lana wouldn't do the interview. Then they heard she had agreed to it and five minutes later they were convinced she wasn't going to talk about anything but OQ and they were all "thanks for nothing, Lana" and were ticked off at her. For something she hasn't even done yet!

I don't get it. I wouldn't blame her if she just backed away from online interactions with the fans. I would be sad, but I wouldn't blame her. Why are people so crazy?

ETA: Think happy thoughts. Photo of Lana in a hat. Shopping in Vancouver yesterday, Sept 9th.

Old 09-10-2014, 01:48 PM
Graphics Team

Oh wow I didn't even know that.
But yeah I would totally understand if she took time away...

I don't get why people get mad at her over little things. Or over anything really. She has a right though to have her own opinion... and if she wanted OQ to be endgame and not go in the direction of SQ at all, people should respect her. She has her preferences and we all know that she is always so lovely and sweet to her fans.
I just think it's ridiculous that people get angry towards her over this.

And I saw that pic on tumblr. I was like GOD.
Thanks for posting it here
Old 09-10-2014, 02:00 PM
Master Fan

Lana is handled by double standards in the SWEN community now, Jen thanks fans with a simple twitter great she loves them all and is placed on a pedestal, Lana actually decides to do the interview (which Jen won't be doing apparently) she gets bashed because AE and ABC decided that the questions would not be solely oriented to the gay community. It's damn weird.

Don't get me wrong i understand that some SQ fans might be a little pissed off that they have to see the slots for their questions be filled with OQ questions (i'm sure OQ shippers wouldn't like the same being done to them by SQ and other ships) for example in their victory but of course instead of blaming the proper people they go after Lana.

I know many SQ who are lovely, mature and very friendly towards other straight shippers and also accepting that it's just a crackship now but sadly they get dwarfed by the crazies and end up with a terrible rep.
Old 09-10-2014, 02:08 PM
Graphics Team

I had respect for SQ and for the fans, but... now I'm conflicted. I mean I also know quite a few SQ fans who are nice and lovely people. And I know some that multi-ship both SQ AND OQ. Which is great

Honestly all I have to say is the hate Lana gets is so uncalled for. And I feel so bad for her that no matter what she says, some people will take it the wrong way and feel offended and angry. I wish I could shield her from all the hate she gets. She deserves none of it.
Old 09-10-2014, 02:12 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I had respect for SQ and for the fans, but... now I'm conflicted. I mean I also know quite a few SQ fans who are nice and lovely people. And I know some that multi-ship both SQ AND OQ. Which is great

Honestly all I have to say is the hate Lana gets is so uncalled for. And I feel so bad for her that no matter what she says, some people will take it the wrong way and feel offended and angry. I wish I could shield her from all the hate she gets. She deserves none of it.
True she is a total sweetheart to all her fans but sadly it was the ones who couldn't respect boundaries that made her a bit more distant on twitter and you can't blame her really. She is not your bff people, admire and respect her all you like but don't assume she owes you anything more. I love and admire her as a person and an actress but i don't feel like she owes me anything at all.

Last edited by Sandrinha; 09-10-2014 at 04:04 PM
Old 09-10-2014, 04:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

I wasn't on Twitter (I had an account but rarely used it) in the early days so I don't know what it was like in the beginning when she had a fanbase she could more easily communicate with - meaning that she could communicate one on one with a greater percentage of her followers. She was over 300,000 before I started following, even though I've loved the show since the beginning. And I knew after the first episode the two characters that would make this show were Regina and Rumple.

I was unfamiliar with the entire concept of "shipping" before this as well. It's quite the crazy experience. I don't dislike any particular part of the fandom - there seem to be crazies in each "branch." But I do raise my eyebrow to the SQ shippers who seem to think the show is "queerbaiting" them and then get angry that they don't get their way because they think the show should end with Regina and Emma in a romantic relationship.

There is nothing to suggest either of these women would entertain that idea, with each other or any other woman. The actresses have amazing chemistry and what made season 1 so great was all the tension and conflict between them. Regina's reaction to Emma was completely warranted, the fear of any adoptive mother. And Emma as the birth mom, who comes to town not wanting to get involved, then thinking something did seem funny so she stuck around, wanting to make sure the kid was really okay. It was natural they were going to clash. The writers, on the other hand, have to take most of the blame for the SQ belief there is more beneath the surface. Whoever wrote "how do I get the savior to taste my forbidden fruit" had to know what they were doing there. I can't believe Lana didn't read that line and giggle the way I did when I heard her say it on the show. But I still believe those things are written because they add bits of humor to the show - not because there is an underlying attraction between the characters.

Sorry, this went way off track.

I've also read that so many people hold Lana to a much higher standard because she has been so accommodating to the fans to this point. They say Jennifer (having been a major TV star with House) was familiar with how it all goes down, and Lana, though experienced work wise, was getting her first dose of real fame. So by the time OUAT started, Jennifer knew to hold the fans at arms length, while Lana seemed to run into it all blindfolded and with open arms, hugging everyone she could. It's just her persona, and she shouldn't be punished for it. Personally, when I discovered how sweet and wonderful she seems in real life, that drew me to her more than her acting. But now there is a portion of her fan base that feels entitled to her time and attention and some of the fans say it's her fault because she was so damn nice to begin with.

She can't win for losing at this point and I feel bad for her. I just hope she doesn't spend much time reading the online stuff because she doesn't need to feel bad when she has gone above and beyond for her fans for so long. She doesn't belong to anyone but herself and her family and anything that she gives to the rest of us we should just be thankful for. I certainly am.
Old 09-10-2014, 04:34 PM
Obsessed Fan

I was around when all the House drama between shippers went on and it was as awful as hell. The House/Cameron shippers were enraged that he got together with Cuddy instead of Cameron and were holding on to every little thing to make their voices heard, kept bashing at Lisa Edelstein most of all, because she was the one portraying their "rival", and were truly disrespectful, thus provoking a lot the House/Cuddy fans. Some of those sort of fought back and Jennifer was their target. With House, she did learn A LOT about handling fans like these, especially hardcore shippers.

On the other hand, Lana, like you said, was facing such fame probably for the first time now and she was grateful for every bit of support fans gave her. And she rightfully did so, she still does. I will never forget how she kept thanking us for supporting her so much at what she does, which as a result, has led to her living a wonderful life, with people she loves and a job she really adores. What those immature teens keep doing to her on twitter should just stop. But those dudes never learn, so I understand why Lana has been keeping quiet on twitter and social media these last few months...

"I think you've just been hired as one of the writers of OUAT" - Lana Parrilla, Fairytales II Con, Paris, 22/6/2014