Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2018, 03:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by x♥xBeautiful_Butterflyx♥x (View Post)
I am reading it... Its going a little slow at the moment, but its getting there...
That's amazing And I understand you perfectly!!

Icon made by Millie Mae
Hi I'm Julii
Old 01-25-2018, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsajo (View Post)
That's amazing And I understand you perfectly!!
Thanks hun...
더는 도망갈 수조차 없어
니가 너무 달콤해 너무 달콤해 ♥BTS♥
Old 01-27-2018, 10:59 AM
Elite Fan

Icon made by Millie Mae
Hi I'm Julii
Old 01-27-2018, 01:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

더는 도망갈 수조차 없어
니가 너무 달콤해 너무 달콤해 ♥BTS♥
Old 08-21-2018, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

i have had absolutely no problems with Insurgent the book, well paced, all the plot points are touched on, explored, resolved by the end of the book, and there were quite enough continuing themes keeping my interest for the third book. l had no idea that anticipation would turn out so disastrously, geez smh. my only annoyance with anything in the book, was the irritating character of Marcus Eaton and my still unanswered question as to why he would abuse his son so badly, especially considering that was his only child, and none of the other Abnegation parents were ever shown as physically abusing their children, in VR's written Divergent universe. i guess Marcus was pretty damaged in the genes because of things caused by the BGW and the fallout from the Purity War. VR never really alludes to this in the books, but that's how i take it.

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Old 08-22-2018, 09:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

True... There were Some holes that is missing like why he beat his kids thats for sure and that is something I would love to have had some backstory on and again agree...!!
더는 도망갈 수조차 없어
니가 너무 달콤해 너무 달콤해 ♥BTS♥
Old 08-22-2018, 06:57 PM
Elite Fan

Exactly!! You don't beat your son because yuo want to, something must had happen to him to be that way, or maybe he just was a cruel person because he could be one....

Icon made by Millie Mae
Hi I'm Julii
Old 08-23-2018, 08:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Exactly!! You don't beat your son because yuo want to, something must had happen to him to be that way, or maybe he just was a cruel person because he could be one....
Exactly...
더는 도망갈 수조차 없어
니가 너무 달콤해 너무 달콤해 ♥BTS♥
Old 08-23-2018, 12:54 PM
Elite Fan

Icon made by Millie Mae
Hi I'm Julii
Old 08-25-2018, 05:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
더는 도망갈 수조차 없어
니가 너무 달콤해 너무 달콤해 ♥BTS♥
Old 08-27-2018, 03:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

they never show the destruction of the faction ceremony bowls in the film, which was a major scene in the book, and had direct consequences into the third book. i always wonder how much say VR had in the screen-writing process, if she had any, because so much of the book is not in the film.

Old 08-27-2018, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes I always wondered why Marcus was the way he was.

Did you guys like the different movie ending from the book?
Old 08-27-2018, 07:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

i think they were going for a hopeful positive look to the future thing at the end of the Insurgent film, but that made no sense in the context of the opening scenes of the Allegiant film. i think i prefer the Insurgent book ending, because it leaves you hopeful of all these big changes coming to Chicago, in the Allegiant book, and answers to many questions, and a hopeful outcome to the faction problem.....but then you wait in much anticipation for the third book, and BOOMMM! VR pulls the literary bad news rug right out from under you!!! i'm still not right, these years later, i was fully invested in that world and characters, and i didn't get my happy ending! truthfully, i've only read Allegiant twice, well parts of it the second time, and it still hurts. i want no more of it, until i have my ending typed up and edited into my book copy. pssst...i removed the last several chapters until i can fix it.....

Shakespeare is the only writer/playwright/poet who can get away with killing the protagonist, and we'll still come back for more!

Old 08-28-2018, 06:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen's Herald (View Post)
i think they were going for a hopeful positive look to the future thing at the end of the Insurgent film, but that made no sense in the context of the opening scenes of the Allegiant film. i think i prefer the Insurgent book ending, because it leaves you hopeful of all these big changes coming to Chicago, in the Allegiant book, and answers to many questions, and a hopeful outcome to the faction problem.....but then you wait in much anticipation for the third book, and BOOMMM! VR pulls the literary bad news rug right out from under you!!! i'm still not right, these years later, i was fully invested in that world and characters, and i didn't get my happy ending! truthfully, i've only read Allegiant twice, well parts of it the second time, and it still hurts. i want no more of it, until i have my ending typed up and edited into my book copy. pssst...i removed the last several chapters until i can fix it.....

Shakespeare is the only writer/playwright/poet who can get away with killing the protagonist, and we'll still come back for more!

I would love to see it the way we want it. I don’t know if I can read Allegiant ever again. I cried for a couple of hours and it bothered me for days. So much that I had to find some kind of console and/or closure here by joining the board.
Old 08-28-2018, 08:51 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen's Herald (View Post)

I agree with it!! Tris working with Marcus was an important fact, too!! And they didn't show it, they only focused on the video Edith Prior made, and it was okay, bat they left a lot of things aside...

Icon made by Millie Mae
Hi I'm Julii