Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2020, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Hm, you said the roads etc are still bad, so I wouldn't go out if I didn't have to.
Old 02-09-2020, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

^I didn't, well I walked to the store which is basically next door

Ahh guys so I'm planning a mini trip this year (don't want to take a full week off yet) so probably 4 maybe 5 days at most. Would you go somewhere different or back to Myrtle Beach? One of the other options is Vegas as I have a friend who recently moved an hour away from Vegas and Cali. For that I would almost want longer but it is an option.

Icon by Fiona
Old 02-09-2020, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Is Vegas an option as in getting there? You'd have to fly, so Idk what your budget is. That would be awesome; if you don't have to pay hotel costs, Vegas can be affordable

But maybe Amaya is too young - she'd be overstimulated by all the noise and lights, I think. But you know your daughter better, I'm just saying

I'd suggest Atlanta. Gorgeous aquarium and right next to it World of Coca Cola.
Old 02-09-2020, 03:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Stana Katic

I’d go somewhere different Sandy, explore somewhere new (I’m a total hypocrite because I don’t do that but I think others should )

Fiona💭
Old 02-09-2020, 03:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copop (View Post)
Is Vegas an option as in getting there? You'd have to fly, so Idk what your budget is. That would be awesome; if you don't have to pay hotel costs, Vegas can be affordable

But maybe Amaya is too young - she'd be overstimulated by all the noise and lights, I think. But you know your daughter better, I'm just saying

I'd suggest Atlanta. Gorgeous aquarium and right next to it World of Coca Cola.
It would be more outside of Vegas as we’d stay with a friend . I can’t remember the name of the town but she did say we’d have to fly into Vegas. I’m all for somewhere new. Hmm I never thought of Atlanta, I bet that would be fun. My cousins Aunt lives an hour away so I could probably stop in and visit her as well.

Lol Fiona I’m the same way. I took Amaya to NYC numerous times before I got the courage to check out Boston and Myrtle Beach and Chicago was more or less a last minute need something to do with my week off

Icon by Fiona
Old 02-10-2020, 11:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Well, you'll see if you can afford a flight to your friend and then another to Vegas

Work is as bad as I expected it to be But I'll get through it.

Have a good week, everyone
Old 02-10-2020, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Stana Katic

Hope the rest of your week gets easier Kathrin

I couldn’t get to work today on account of the flood damage. The water level went right back down but the main bridge and street was closed until it was deemed safe.

Happy new week from me too

There’s been a lot of people (bots probably) on this page all day

Fiona💭
Old 02-10-2020, 05:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Hope it gets easier, Kathrin

Eeek Fiona I hope the damage in your town isn't too bad and you guys have a quick recovery.

So after some much needed thinking, I think instead of going in for a vacay this year, I think I'm going to do more day trips instead and try to do one bi-monthly . I think the smaller trips would be best for this year so I can build up vacation and PTO time. In a week and a half if all goes well we'll kick it off with NYC (was gonna do DC but for DC and/or Chicago I'd need an extra day off in that row which will be fine it's just too last minute right now. I get 4 days off in a 2 week period so when it comes down to places like that I'll have to change it up and ask for my third day to correspond with the other two). We've got a couple of amusement parks around here so hopefully in the summer we can do more of those than going places as well.

Icon by Fiona
Old 02-11-2020, 03:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Stana Katic

It doesn’t seem to be too bad, the only issue we have now is contaminated water. So the schools are still closed and they’re giving out free bottled water. I didn’t even realise that it was contaminated until this morning so I’ve been using water for coffee, washing, brushing teeth etc but I’m sure it’ll be okay

Ahh that sounds like a better solution Sandy, that way you have more things to look forward to throughout the year

Fiona💭
Old 02-11-2020, 04:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Yeah you should be, Fiona . But at least you know now instead of finding out way later.

That’s what I was thinking too, Fiona. And than once I’ve got time to do a full week I will. This way we’ll have many good times and save up on my vacation time and pto time .

Icon by Fiona
Old 02-11-2020, 12:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Sandy, that sounds like a good plan

Fiona, I hope the water situation gets resolved quickly so you can use normal tap water again
Old 02-11-2020, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Stana Katic

Thanks Unfortunately while that problem was resolved, now there’s no water coming out at all. A burst pipe apparently. It’s annoying, they were giving out free bottles of water today right next to my work for those who had contaminated or no water and I didn’t think I needed any but it turns out now I do. Oh well, I think they’ll still be there tomorrow. Hopefully it’ll be back by then though.

Fiona💭
Old 02-12-2020, 04:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

^Eeek! Hopefully it's back today or you're able to get some bottled water floods are no fun at all

Icon by Fiona
Old 02-12-2020, 08:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Stana Katic

It’s back but it’s quite stutter-y. I got some of the bottles they were giving away in case it stops working again. Looks like the schools will be closed for the rest of the week too.

How’s everyone’s week going?

Fiona💭
Old 02-12-2020, 11:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

^Hopefully it doesn’t stop again. Floods are really no fun. It’s one reason why I’ll take snow any day (fun fact 1 inch of rain is equal to one foot of snow, snows just a heck of a lot easier to clean up. Learned that this past autumn when my aunts flooded).

My weeks going really good. I picked up some hours today at work; and tonight after work I’m taking Amaya to Billy Beez and tomorrow we’re going to be making a mozzarella stuffed meatloaf wrapped in bacon. So a fun filled week with work .

Icon by Fiona
Closed Thread   Post New Thread