Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2019, 11:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

It's going okay with no power. We're charging things elsewhere and can bring them home. It's still warm enough that we can BBQ and we have coolers with cold food and drinks. It's not that bad, it's kind of nice not having all that technology at our finger tips as much anymore. I miss it don't get me wrong but we're so technology prone you'd be amazed at what going without it as much can do.

I can't believe it's September either, the time is flying . It'll be December before you know it, I keep saying August sucked and the last week seemed to drag but at the same time it seems that post July 15th has been a blur, don't blink because it's over .

Icon by Fiona
Old 09-02-2019, 02:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Stana Katic

I’m so ready for autumn

Have a great weekend lovelies!

Fiona💭
Old 09-02-2019, 03:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

I'm ready for cooler weather - but necessarily for autumn, if that makes sense

Have a great week, gang!
Old 09-03-2019, 12:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Stana Katic

Hope you had a good Labor Day Candace and Sandy

I’m in work early though it means I’m going home at 1.30 so it’s not too bad, but my boss has asked me to go to around to five businesses in the area and ask if we can go there and have a representative there every week to give out information about mental health.. it’s giving me anxiety just thinking about going and talking to them though

Fiona💭
Old 09-03-2019, 03:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Sandy, what happened yesterday?

Fiona - oh, I feel you there. Could you ask for someone to go with you? Maybe that would help?
Old 09-03-2019, 09:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

It started with my sister and her abusive boyfriend. Last week he gave her a black and blue eye so she came home but went back to him at 2:30am. So when they were walking down the street my mom went over and said something and told my sister enough is enough, you come here to live and leave hours or a day later that it's not fair to us to have the household disrupted like that. Well he told my mom if she comes near him or my sister (or any of us do) he'll have us arrested. Later on that night my sister sent my mom a nasty message and told her that they were calling CPS as we had been without power. It's coming on tomorrow BUT with that being said the kids are getting hot meals, cold drinks, warm showers/baths (still have hot water), there's night lights in every room the only thing they don't have is honestly just TV. We can charge electronics outside or at our jobs.

Than the landlord started on us. We changed the power from my mom to my stepdads name and all of a sudden she's accusing us of fraud and putting it in the name of one of the children. We're not. We would never do that. But she let it be known that she would find out, no idea what she's going to find out because the run your social security number and I would assume that would show that they're kids. She also said something about Dave, my aunt and cousin coming over a lot and the couple of times that they've slept here. Again, shouldn't be a big deal especially when we get together for dinners etc..I don't think there's anything wrong with that. And my Aunt and cousin do help out and will give to us if we need it (my cousin wanted a dinner only my mom can make so he gave her the money for the stuff and they came over and my cousins and I stayed up watching movie half the night. The landlord is making that out to be a crime).

Than the other overnighter tried calling me in. A couple of weeks ago she asked me to cover last night for her and I said I would. Friday I asked her what day she was going to work for me when I work Monday for her and she said "Oh I'll be here Monday, it's my night" so after everything with the landlord, my sister and her boyfriend and even my dad (he tells the landlord all of this stuff when it's not her business) I had a drink so I couldn't go in for her so now I'm the worlds worst person. I don't think I was in the wrong there.

But yeah that was my Monday, I'm hoping it gets better now.

Icon by Fiona
Old 09-03-2019, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Stana Katic

Sending massive hugs Sandy

Thanks Kathrin, I did it and it wasn’t as bad as I thought so it was all good

Fiona💭
Old 09-03-2019, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Sandy, I'm sending good thoughts. You guys deserve a break I'm sorry

Thank you for telling me(us), though

Fiona, yay! I'm proud of you
Old 09-03-2019, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Thanks Fiona and Kathrin I needed that. Thanks for not judging either.

Glad it all worked out for you in the end

Amaya officially starts school Thursday. I'm already to cry.

Icon by Fiona
Old 09-03-2019, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Yet another difference - or maybe just a definition thing? Tony also starts school School in my definition (kindergarten and pre-school are one and the same here) He's 6. How old is Amaya?

I can imagine crying - you're proud and sad at the same time
Old 09-03-2019, 12:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

Amaya is 4 shell be in pre-school the only real difference is it's only for two hours. But I do believe that will be where I have her go for kindergarten and up. I haven't decided yet.

Icon by Fiona
Old 09-03-2019, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Ah, I see
Old 09-03-2019, 02:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Stana Katic

Another difference between our countries we start school here full time at age 4, as long as they turn five before the following August.

Fiona💭
Old 09-04-2019, 03:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Here it can be from 5-7, depending on what the parents want or how the doctor recommends it. Most kids start school at 6. Kindergarten usually is age 3-6. Preschool is the last year of kindergarten, so at age 5-6. I think our deadline is Sept. 30th, but it's gonna be moved up to June 30th next year.

Last edited by Copop; 09-04-2019 at 03:23 AM
Old 09-04-2019, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Castle

It actually varies by towns here. Example one town near us the preschool is all day and the kids are bused, another town it's half day but the kids are buses whereas our district won't bus them for the half day. We do have schools that are ran through nonprofits (huge wait list, Amaya was on it for about two years) that take kids as young as six weeks old to twelve, it's like a preschool, day care and after school program. Very neat, I want to get Amaya used to school and I am going to try for her for the after school program. To go through the school districts though the state law (may even be Country, gotta ask Candace on that one because usually NY and TX are complete opposites) the child has to turn 4 by Dec. 1st. So next year my friend Monica's son, Noah, will start the UPK that Amaya is doing this year only he'll be 3 because he turns 4 in November.

Icon by Fiona
Closed Thread   Post New Thread